Paralegal Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (287) - Start a Discussion

Mezosub in Santa Ana, California

Updated 55 months ago

Paralegal project for Statistics class. Can anyone help out? - 3 Replies

I'm doing a Statistics project with regard to paralegals/paralegal students. Can anyone weigh in with the following stats: 1. Did you go to...

BG in Carlsbad, California

Updated 55 months ago

Help picking online paralegal program - 8 Replies

Quick question: Which online paralegal program would you recommend... the Center For Legal Studies or the Washington Online Learning Institute? Does...

Searching in San Diego, California

Updated 56 months ago

entry level paralegal jobs - 76 Replies

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas how or where I would start to look for paralegal jobs (anywhere in the states)? I just have my associates...

tmf1977 in Yonkers, New York

Updated 56 months ago

Best Way To Break In? - 82 Replies

Hello everybody, I'm a recent university graduate seeking to become career paralegal. If you had to give a complete newb one piece of advice...

Updated 56 months ago

Is it worth the training, the cost, the leaving my current career? Is this a woman's trade? - 2 Replies

Hey there everyone, I've been reading the forum's discussions, and like many career fields, there are always the many discussions about how below...

Lisa in Hayward, California

Updated 56 months ago

BS in criminal justice and finding paralegal work - 8 Replies

I just graduated from my school and wanted to start doing paralegal work. Ive been trying to find information on how to get started but I cant find...

jobsearch2 in San Diego, California

Updated 56 months ago

Issues of older paralegal making mistakes - 3 Replies

Is anyone out there an older paralegal (age 50 plus) who is having trouble with the detailed work involved with their paralegal job? I am in my late...

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 57 months ago

Can't find work! Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! - 2 Replies

Ok so here is some background.I graduated with an A.A.S in paralegal studies in May 2009. I have tried and tried and tried since then to find a...

new paralegal student in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Updated 57 months ago

Should i let the b!tch fire me, or should I resign and put rabbit poop in her Prada purse? - 5 Replies

I've posted on several forums before..I went to school to become a paralegal, had an internship and got a job at a small firm six months later..blah...

NYC Real Estate Paralegal in NYC, New York

Updated 58 months ago

HAS ANYONE WORKED AS A PARALEGAL FOR A CORPORATION? - 1 Reply

Did you find it different than a law firm and what diferences

mary in Tampa, Florida

Updated 58 months ago

why don't BIG Law firms do RESIDENTIAL Real Estate? - 1 Reply

Does anyone here work as a Real Estate Paralegal at a Big Law? I've been noticing that most Big Law firms (meaning firms with 1,000+ attorneys) only...

Bob in Austin, Texas

Updated 58 months ago

Question about Paralegal work? - 66 Replies

I was thinking about going to school to be a Paralegal. I enjoy the secretary type of job, but I also am interested in law and being a Paralegal will...

Mary in Miami, Florida

Updated 58 months ago

Need info on becoming a paralegal.... - 8 Replies

Hi all. I am hoping that I can get some info here.. I am planning on starting a paralegal program online and trying to figure out which one is best....

Julie in Fayetteville, North Carolina

Updated 58 months ago

ABA AA degree versus non-ABA bachelor's degree in paralegal studies - 12 Replies

Please advise. I am about to complete my ABA-approved associate's degree in paralegal studies and would like to know if I should pursue a non-ABA...

Updated 59 months ago

Interviews - 16 Replies

I figured I would start a topic concerning interviews for Paralegal jobs. I have had many interviews over a good period of time and have accumulated...

Updated 59 months ago

th economy - 248 Replies

Considering the economic downturn, awhat are the chances of finding a job as a paralegal in the near future? The large law firms are starting to...

legalbeagal in middleof, Texas

Updated 59 months ago

Starting to work - 118 Replies

I am getting my Associates degree in Paralegal and all I have left is my internship. I've applied at a few law firms but no luck. A Paralegal does...

dsmt in San Leandro, California

Updated 60 months ago

Cost of Paralegal Programs in N. California - 42 Replies

I'm researching paralegal programs in sf bay area. ANYONE ELSE HAVE INFO? These are the programs I have found thus far: CSU EAST BAY...

Updated 61 months ago

Center for Legal Studies - 2 Replies

I have a bachelors in Business Management, have some experience, but the job market is slow here right now. At some point, in the next couple years,...

hmmm in Chula Vista, California

Updated 61 months ago

Law for All - 19 Replies

With the control of legal education today, many people have little chance at ever attending a traditional law school, so they can only hope to...

hmmm in Chula Vista, California

Updated 61 months ago

Paralegal to Attorney - 7 Replies

Alright, kind of stuck in limbo right now. Need advice please!! Going thru a career change right now. About to go back to school to finish my...

pinkfusion in California

Updated 62 months ago

First time paralegal - 1 Reply

I just got a part-time paralegal position with a solo start-up lawyer. I start on Monday and I'm definitely nervous. He has a BIG personality and...

disabled paralegal in orlando, Florida

disabled paralegal

i am a paralegal i have an A.S. in paralegal also a B.S. in legal studies. I cant drive and am disabled right now. are there any attorneys that...

Laid Off Secretary in Urbana, Ohio

Updated 62 months ago

Average Caseload - 19 Replies

I'm a paralegal working at a plaintiff firm handling personal injury cases and was very curious about trying to find out what the average caseload is...

tmf1977 in Yonkers, New York

Updated 63 months ago

Reliable information from real paralegals. - 15 Replies

I have been reading about paralegals or legal assistants. I have a few questions for actual professionals currently employed in the field. Do...

Paralegal in Dallas, Texas

Updated 64 months ago

Robert Half Legal - 4 Replies

They're the biggest spammers on Indeed. They posted about 10 new jobs in my area today. Nothing they post is real. These job sites are a cycle...

Jean424 in New York, New York

Volunteer, Legal Assistance/Immigration

Hi all! I am a skilled professional in the social sector and am extremely enthusiastic and determined to advance my career towards legal assistance,...

FLFamLawParalegal in Tampa, Florida

New Law School in Florida

According to the most recent edition of the Florida Bar News, a new branch of Thomas J. Cooley Law School will be opening in Riverview, Florida. ...

Updated 64 months ago

Is Becoming Paralegal Wishful Thinking? - 2 Replies

The answer is an overwhelming, yes! Even law school graduates are suing their schools for misrepresenting the issue of post-graduate opportunities...

Updated 64 months ago

Thoughts of Paralegal Certificate Programs - 2 Replies

I graduated last year with a BSBA and am now working as an admin assistant at a small company. I want to switch into legal field but most of the...

Updated 64 months ago

switching career to paralegal? - 10 Replies

I need some advice from those already in the legal field. I have a BS degree in insurance and 15 years of work experience in insurance (claims,...

Updated 65 months ago

Paralegal ambling toward vestibule of Hell... - 57 Replies

I accomplished my dream, I'm a paralegal...now what? I've read many comments--especially Displaced Paralegal's; despite the horror stories, I still...

Updated 65 months ago

Deposition and Litigation Services - 2 Replies

I'm new to the field and wondering how one goes about choosing an agency to handle deposition and litigation needs. I noticed there are some...

Updated 65 months ago

Suits - 2 Replies

Has anyone been watching the show "Suits" on USA? I ask because, unlike some other shows about lawyers, this one has a paralegal and a legal...

Updated 65 months ago

Online Job Applications - 9 Replies

Filling out online job applications is beyond aggravating and many times a pointless endeavor. I just attempted to fill out two such applications....

Legal Eagle in East Islip, New York

Updated 66 months ago

Books that every paralegal should have - 9 Replies

I am about to graduate my a.a.s in paralegal studies. I was wondering if there are any good books that every paralegal should have. I have these...

JD Too in Dallas, Texas

Updated 66 months ago

JD applying to be paralegal...how bad is it? - 14 Replies

OK I am a 3rd year law student in Houston and will be relocating to NYC next year after graduation. Looking at the current job market, I am very...

Updated 66 months ago

Are there advanced careers that i can utilize my paralegal degree in? - 2 Replies

I am currently getting my associates degree in paralegal studies and was curious if there are any advanced, higher positions that I can grow from as...

Updated 66 months ago

Website with best Paralegal job ads - 42 Replies

Which website do you feel has the most and best job ads for paralegals? I search Indeed, Career Builder and Craigslist, for the most part. I took a...

Updated 66 months ago

Legal Assistant vs. Paralegal - 3 Replies

If your title is Legal Assistant as oppose to paralegal, and you have done considerable, substantive paralegal work, what should you put on your...

Updated 66 months ago

What is the day of a peralegal like? - 26 Replies

Please forgive my ignorance,but can someone please tell me what paralegals actually do? Is it a very stressful career?

Updated 66 months ago

Contacting Law Firms Directly for Possible Paralegal Postions - 7 Replies

I recently completed my Paralegal Certificate Degree, and I am now looking for work in the field. I have noticed that most of the job openings that...

Updated 67 months ago

Salary vs. Hourly - 14 Replies

For working paralegals on this forum: Are you currently, or have you ever been, paid an annual salary instead of an hourly wage? My boss says he'll...

Ellia in Indianapolis, Indiana

Updated 67 months ago

Becoming a paralegal? - 12 Replies

I graduate on May 11 with my associates degree in paralegal studies...was this a bad decision. I've been reading some posts up here and it seems many...

Updated 67 months ago

Are Paralegals Respected in the Workplace? - 11 Replies

I'm writing a psychology paper on paralegals and would like to hear from those of you whom have worked in the field. 1. Do you feel that your...

Updated 68 months ago

Paralegal Coping Mechanisms - 2 Replies

Paralegals, past and present: It seems that stress is a common denominator for all of us. For currently employed paralegals, what coping mechanisms...

Updated 68 months ago

Can I become a paralegal with no experience? - 3 Replies

I really want to work in the legal field. It seems like almost all the jobs for paralegals require experience though. Is it foolish to hold out for...

bb5800 in Rochester, Minnesota

Being a Paralegal and having a minor disability

I am thinking of studying to be a paralegal, I love the law. I am 35 years old and returning to the workplace after being a stay at home mom for a...

Updated 68 months ago

Paralegal Career - 1 Reply

My 17yr old daughter is interested in becoming a paralegal or legal secretary. She currently is a junior in high school. Can anyone give us...

InfoSeeker in Grapevine, Texas

Paralegals in NYC

I'm considering pursing a career change into the paralegal profession. I have a bachelor's degree and am considering an ABA diploma program in NYC. ...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.