Paralegal Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (272) - Start a Discussion

legalbeagal in middleof, Texas

Updated 31 months ago

Starting to work - 118 Replies

I am getting my Associates degree in Paralegal and all I have left is my internship. I've applied at a few law firms but no luck. A Paralegal does...

dsmt in San Leandro, California

Updated 32 months ago

Cost of Paralegal Programs in N. California - 42 Replies

I'm researching paralegal programs in sf bay area. ANYONE ELSE HAVE INFO? These are the programs I have found thus far: CSU EAST BAY...

BG in Carlsbad, California

Updated 33 months ago

Center for Legal Studies - 2 Replies

I have a bachelors in Business Management, have some experience, but the job market is slow here right now. At some point, in the next couple years,...

hmmm in Chula Vista, California

Updated 33 months ago

Law for All - 19 Replies

With the control of legal education today, many people have little chance at ever attending a traditional law school, so they can only hope to...

hmmm in Chula Vista, California

Updated 33 months ago

Paralegal to Attorney - 7 Replies

Alright, kind of stuck in limbo right now. Need advice please!! Going thru a career change right now. About to go back to school to finish my...

pinkfusion in California

Updated 34 months ago

First time paralegal - 1 Reply

I just got a part-time paralegal position with a solo start-up lawyer. I start on Monday and I'm definitely nervous. He has a BIG personality and...

disabled paralegal in orlando, Florida

disabled paralegal

i am a paralegal i have an A.S. in paralegal also a B.S. in legal studies. I cant drive and am disabled right now. are there any attorneys that...

Laid Off Secretary in Urbana, Ohio

Updated 34 months ago

Average Caseload - 19 Replies

I'm a paralegal working at a plaintiff firm handling personal injury cases and was very curious about trying to find out what the average caseload is...

tmf1977 in Yonkers, New York

Updated 34 months ago

Reliable information from real paralegals. - 15 Replies

I have been reading about paralegals or legal assistants. I have a few questions for actual professionals currently employed in the field. Do...

Paralegal in Dallas, Texas

Updated 35 months ago

Robert Half Legal - 4 Replies

They're the biggest spammers on Indeed. They posted about 10 new jobs in my area today. Nothing they post is real. These job sites are a cycle...

Jean424 in New York, New York

Volunteer, Legal Assistance/Immigration

Hi all! I am a skilled professional in the social sector and am extremely enthusiastic and determined to advance my career towards legal assistance,...

FLFamLawParalegal in Tampa, Florida

New Law School in Florida

According to the most recent edition of the Florida Bar News, a new branch of Thomas J. Cooley Law School will be opening in Riverview, Florida. ...

Updated 36 months ago

Is Becoming Paralegal Wishful Thinking? - 2 Replies

The answer is an overwhelming, yes! Even law school graduates are suing their schools for misrepresenting the issue of post-graduate opportunities...

Updated 36 months ago

Thoughts of Paralegal Certificate Programs - 2 Replies

I graduated last year with a BSBA and am now working as an admin assistant at a small company. I want to switch into legal field but most of the...

Updated 36 months ago

switching career to paralegal? - 10 Replies

I need some advice from those already in the legal field. I have a BS degree in insurance and 15 years of work experience in insurance (claims,...

Updated 36 months ago

Paralegal ambling toward vestibule of Hell... - 57 Replies

I accomplished my dream, I'm a paralegal...now what? I've read many comments--especially Displaced Paralegal's; despite the horror stories, I still...

Updated 36 months ago

Deposition and Litigation Services - 2 Replies

I'm new to the field and wondering how one goes about choosing an agency to handle deposition and litigation needs. I noticed there are some...

Updated 37 months ago

Suits - 2 Replies

Has anyone been watching the show "Suits" on USA? I ask because, unlike some other shows about lawyers, this one has a paralegal and a legal...

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 37 months ago

Online Job Applications - 9 Replies

Filling out online job applications is beyond aggravating and many times a pointless endeavor. I just attempted to fill out two such applications....

Legal Eagle in East Islip, New York

Updated 38 months ago

Books that every paralegal should have - 9 Replies

I am about to graduate my a.a.s in paralegal studies. I was wondering if there are any good books that every paralegal should have. I have these...

JD Too in Dallas, Texas

Updated 38 months ago

JD applying to be paralegal...how bad is it? - 14 Replies

OK I am a 3rd year law student in Houston and will be relocating to NYC next year after graduation. Looking at the current job market, I am very...

Updated 38 months ago

Are there advanced careers that i can utilize my paralegal degree in? - 2 Replies

I am currently getting my associates degree in paralegal studies and was curious if there are any advanced, higher positions that I can grow from as...

Updated 38 months ago

Website with best Paralegal job ads - 42 Replies

Which website do you feel has the most and best job ads for paralegals? I search Indeed, Career Builder and Craigslist, for the most part. I took a...

Updated 38 months ago

Legal Assistant vs. Paralegal - 3 Replies

If your title is Legal Assistant as oppose to paralegal, and you have done considerable, substantive paralegal work, what should you put on your...

Updated 38 months ago

What is the day of a peralegal like? - 26 Replies

Please forgive my ignorance,but can someone please tell me what paralegals actually do? Is it a very stressful career?

Updated 38 months ago

Contacting Law Firms Directly for Possible Paralegal Postions - 7 Replies

I recently completed my Paralegal Certificate Degree, and I am now looking for work in the field. I have noticed that most of the job openings that...

Updated 39 months ago

Salary vs. Hourly - 14 Replies

For working paralegals on this forum: Are you currently, or have you ever been, paid an annual salary instead of an hourly wage? My boss says he'll...

Ellia in Indianapolis, Indiana

Updated 39 months ago

Becoming a paralegal? - 12 Replies

I graduate on May 11 with my associates degree in paralegal studies...was this a bad decision. I've been reading some posts up here and it seems many...

Updated 39 months ago

Are Paralegals Respected in the Workplace? - 11 Replies

I'm writing a psychology paper on paralegals and would like to hear from those of you whom have worked in the field. 1. Do you feel that your...

Updated 39 months ago

Paralegal Coping Mechanisms - 2 Replies

Paralegals, past and present: It seems that stress is a common denominator for all of us. For currently employed paralegals, what coping mechanisms...

Updated 40 months ago

Can I become a paralegal with no experience? - 3 Replies

I really want to work in the legal field. It seems like almost all the jobs for paralegals require experience though. Is it foolish to hold out for...

bb5800 in Rochester, Minnesota

Being a Paralegal and having a minor disability

I am thinking of studying to be a paralegal, I love the law. I am 35 years old and returning to the workplace after being a stay at home mom for a...

Updated 40 months ago

Paralegal Career - 1 Reply

My 17yr old daughter is interested in becoming a paralegal or legal secretary. She currently is a junior in high school. Can anyone give us...

InfoSeeker in Grapevine, Texas

Paralegals in NYC

I'm considering pursing a career change into the paralegal profession. I have a bachelor's degree and am considering an ABA diploma program in NYC. ...

yolie in Dallas, Texas

Updated 40 months ago

Class Project Help - 15 Replies

I am doing a class project for my first paralegal class about court cases against paralegals or legal assistants involving unethical or illegal work....

Holly in La Vergne, Tennessee

Updated 40 months ago

NATIONALLY ACCREDITED SCHOOL - 39 Replies

Hello all, My wife is almost done completing an associates from a nationall accredited school in so cal. I am worried that since this is not from a...

Updated 41 months ago

Paralegals and CYA - 11 Replies

I've seen a few posts in various posts discussing CYA. I know this is an important aspect in the profession, but I'm wondering how it's done. I would...

Updated 41 months ago

Should I take this job? Need advice - 10 Replies

For those of you who don't know me I am 29 years old and got my paralegal certification back in 2009. I couldn't find a decent job to save my life...

Joel Hunter in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Updated 41 months ago

Legal Assistant Today - 5 Replies

I'm thinking of subscribing to Legal Assistant Today magazine (http://www.legalassistanttoday.com/). Has anyone heard of it? Does anyone...

Updated 41 months ago

So, what do I do? - 15 Replies

Okay, so I graduated with a Liberal Arts B.A. in 2008. Since then, there have been no employment prospects available for me - no fast food, no...

mary in Tampa, Florida

Updated 41 months ago

That glaring chart on the right - 2 Replies

Does anyone look at that chart on the right that's been trending down for at least five years? That chart contains the answer to almost all...

Francisco in Huntsville, Texas

Updated 41 months ago

Summary - 30 Replies

Hi. I am a 41 year old male who has worked in the travel industry since 1990. My first job at the age of 19 was at a large law firm working as a...

Anna in Astoria, New York

Updated 41 months ago

NYU Paralegal Certificate - a good program? worth the $$$? - 10 Replies

This program is verrrry expensive (about $14,000, vs. say $4,000 for a comparable program at some other schools). I am wondering if it is worth the...

Give me the 411 please! in Lanham, Maryland

Updated 41 months ago

Is it that bad? - 11 Replies

I have to say, I'm a bit unnerved after doing some paralegal research. Currently I'm an English major and would eventually like to go into law. ...

Updated 42 months ago

temp to per dilemma - 7 Replies

I started out as a temp to perm in a mid sized firm. HR (one dim wit) pretty much promised me the spot in 3 months. Thats when the para was going to...

Litigation_Paralegal in Tampa, Florida

Updated 42 months ago

The end of my legal career? - 20 Replies

I've been unemployed for quite some time. I don't want to say how long exactly, but it's over a year. I've had interviews sporadically, but I'm not...

collegestudent in Englewood, Florida

Becoming a Paralegal with an AA

I am currently going to a community college for an AA program, but there is an option through the paralegal program to take the courses required to...

Updated 42 months ago

Resigning (Part 2) - 5 Replies

I really feel like I will be leaving the attorney in a lurch when I resign. The truth of the matter is that I do everything in the office: paralegal,...

Donald_ in Ridgefield, New Jersey

Updated 42 months ago

Associates in Paralegal - Elective suggestions? - 1 Reply

I am applying to get my associates degree in Paralegal studies. There is a requirement to fulfill 60 units with 12 of those being electives for the...

Litigation_Paralegal in Tampa, Florida

Updated 42 months ago

Have any of you moved from legal secretary to paralegal - 4 Replies

I have a 4 yr. degree and a paralegal certificate. I have been with my firm for 8 years as a LS. I have an interview with a smaller firm for a...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.