Paralegal Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (266) - Start a Discussion

Hoofs2118 in Lewiston, Minnesota

Paralegal Jobs in Denver (Displaced Legal Pro help me out?!)

I have been reading many threads on here (especially those answered by Displaced Legal Professional (please reply here too ;) ) I actually had to...

college grad in Elmhurst, New York

Updated 41 months ago

Breaking into Paralegal field - 1 Reply

Hello. I am currently a student at a University and will graduate with a degree in English this December. I am also currently doing an online...

tmf1977 in Yonkers, New York

Updated 41 months ago

Just received my certification, had a nightmare experience - 5 Replies

I stumbled upon this forum about a week ago. I must say I truly enjoy reading about all of your experiences and find them very entertaining. My...

Bwulf91 in Denver, Colorado

Paralegal Certificate programs around Denver

I've been doing some research into paralegal certificate programs around Denver. I am looking for advice as to which program is best. If, in fact,...

jslinfla in Delray Beach, Florida

Updated 41 months ago

bachelos degree in Paralegal or certificate? - 27 Replies

Hi I would like someone to answer me. I have bachelors and master's degree in English Language, and I want to take paralegal certificate program, but...

DFW , Texas in Richmond, Kentucky

Updated 41 months ago

How to get an entry level Paralegal job in Dallas, TX? - 3 Replies

I am a stay at home mom looking to re-enter the workforce. I have a Paralegal Certificate in Civil Litigation Specialty (1997)from an ABA approved...

MarissaH8637 in Clinton Township, Michigan

Just received my certification, had a nightmare experience

I stumbled upon this forum about a week ago. I must say I truly enjoy reading about all of your experiences and find them very entertaining. My...

SpazzySpaz in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Updated 42 months ago

Reference checks by prior attornes I worked for - what can/can't they say? - 1 Reply

Hello, I had participated in these forums about a year ago and can't remember what my user name was :) I will have to figure it out. Anyway, over a...

Getting Smarter/Say No to Agencies! in Lanham, Maryland

Updated 42 months ago

Can you give me some advice about the pros and cons and the do's and don''ts of working with temp agencies please? - 7 Replies

There is something that I'm not getting about working with temp agencies. They seem really excited about getting you in to interview you, and then...

awb in Pleasant Hill, California

Clarification on Law Clerk versus Paralegal

Hi everyone, This board has helped me tremendously during my recent job search. I'm currently a 2L and am working part-time at a firm. However,...

ME in Sterling Heights, Michigan

Thinking of becoming a Paralegal

I'm thinking of becoming a paralegal. Is it worth it? I don't mind working in a office with many different things to do. I've been lucky to enough to...

Paralegal in Dallas, Texas

Updated 42 months ago

Need advice about getting along with attorneys - 18 Replies

Can anyone give me any general advice as to how to get along with attorneys? For the most part, do you find that you have to be circumspect around...

jeff mar in Phoenix, Arizona

Experience

How can a non law student with no law experience get a volunteer job at a law firm? what type of firm would let you in?

jeff mar in Phoenix, Arizona

Volunteer

What Volunteer or public interest groups look good on a law school or paralegal job application

Anonymous in Lanham, Maryland

How can I research the background of a judge or an attorney I'm working with?

I would like to check out the background of a retired judge and a new attorney that I am working with. What online resources can I utilize to get...

AusarC in Ellsworth, Kansas

How to finance College Education

I have recently received Pell Grant. But all I want is a Certification in Information Technology. Is a student loan necessary or wise?

New Orleans- Paralegal

Updated 43 months ago

Paralegal questions - 33 Replies

I am in school right now for my Associates Degree to in Paralegal Studies. I would like to go back to school (after I graduate) to get my bachelors...

rebeccavaz in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

Updated 44 months ago

Job Interview Tomorrow - Needs Tips and Moral Support - 5 Replies

I am currently enrolled in an ABA-approved Paralegal Bachelor program and have an Associates Degree in Criminal Justice. I have been working for the...

Legalstudy in Lyndhurst, Ohio

Updated 45 months ago

Questions about best school for certificate - 23 Replies

Hi! I've been reading many of the subjects on this forum to find out more about the paralegal profession. While a lot more is negative that I...

tornadoday in Brentwood, Tennessee

Updated 45 months ago

Paralegal Interview - 35 Replies

In January, I began taking paralegal courses at a local college. For my Intro to Paralegal Studies class, I am required to interview a practicing...

IsItReallyThatBad in Orange, California

Updated 45 months ago

Paralegal Career Plan and Marketability? What advice can you give to a potential paralegal? - 10 Replies

I graduated from a top school with a degree in Economics. I went to law school and was second in class before I developed a mental illness and was...

paralegal in Bronx, New York

Updated 45 months ago

Jobs - 7 Replies

So I've posted on here before about how I believe my firm is overworking its paralegals expecting them to manage 90+ cases each doing filing,...

rebeccavaz in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

Updated 46 months ago

Trying to choose the right paralegal school...looking for some feedback, please. - 3 Replies

I applied to 3 different colleges and got accepted at each for their paralegal programs, two fully online and one online with four prerequesite...

Chita in Norristown, Pennsylvania

Updated 46 months ago

Legal Secretary or Paralegal? - 4 Replies

Good morning all, I've come across this forum and thought this may be a good place to start asking some questions. I recently married and moved...

whatever13 in Corpus Christi, Texas

Updated 46 months ago

I Already Have A Bachelor's Degree In Communication - 13 Replies

I have two options, go for my associate's or enroll in a certificate program. I've heard that people with college degree's can go for the latter. If...

dh in California

Updated 46 months ago

I'm 15 and I'm thinking of a career as a paralegal. Help? - 6 Replies

I've got some questions, first of all. Can you work primarily in the juvenile justice system as a paralegal? And if so, is there different training...

Jane Do Girl in Pensacola, Florida

Updated 47 months ago

What are some thorough quality online paralegal schools? - 1 Reply

I am a legal and medical transcriptionist with a long history of working within the criminal justice system. I am thinking that I eventually want to...

former legal secretary in x

Updated 48 months ago

Typical pay for staff positions is very poor nowadays - 8 Replies

Here's a post from Craigslist in Northern California. Word processors do get paid less than paralegals and legal secs; so this is not as bad as the...

roachgal2013 in Pontotoc, Mississippi

Updated 48 months ago

Paralegal Job Description? - 20 Replies

I'm 28 and looking to start working full time in about 2 years (I'm currently a stay at home mom with two young children). I am not sure what I want...

Monte Mendoza in Mesa, Arizona

Updated 48 months ago

Trashing the Profession - 189 Replies

This is supposed to be a Paralegal Jobs Forum, but more and more it sounds like a place to trash the profession, or complain about previous...

Disheartened in Aurora, Colorado

Updated 49 months ago

Impossible to break into law - 1 Reply

As I'm sure is the case with many other recent grads, I cannot find a legal job to save my life. Employers all want at least 2 years experience. Ok,...

abyrd18 in Battle Creek, Michigan

Updated 49 months ago

What are 10 questions that an interviewer might ask for a paralegal position? - 9 Replies

I have to do this retarded assignment where I come up with 10 questiont that a potential employer might ask of a prospecitve paralegal during an...

kmm in Wilmington, Delaware

Updated 49 months ago

I'm really wondering if I've wasted my money...... - 82 Replies

I live in the metro Atlanta, GA area and just completed a paralegal certificate program. It's hard to believe that so many folks are so negative...

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

Updated 50 months ago

paralegal diploma or certificate - 59 Replies

My sister in enrolled in a "paralegal diploma" program- how is this different from a certificate program? I'm worried its a scam and she will waste...

Updated 50 months ago

A few questions about the paralegal profession... - 32 Replies

Hello! I'm currently enrolled in a class on effective career development, and one of our assignments is to conduct a series of occupational...

estelamatta in Boston, Massachusetts

Updated 50 months ago

freelance paralegal in NYS - 2 Replies

what are the steps for registering my business?

kmm in Wilmington, Delaware

Updated 50 months ago

Transferability of Certificates - 4 Replies

I have a Paralegal Certificate from the UCLA Extension program which is ABA approved. I have been working as a Paralegal for a private practitioner...

challeve in Roswell, Georgia

Updated 51 months ago

Paralegal Advice Requested Specifically from Displaced Legal Professional; All Others Welcome, Please - 3 Replies

DLP, I have read through these fora and though I don't know you, I respect your opinion and your advice would be greatly appreciated. Anyone else...

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

Updated 51 months ago

Paralegal studies - 4 Replies

Hi, I have moved to Massachusetts having practiced law for three yeras in a foreign country ( Bcahelor of Laws and lawyer). I do not want to do the...

Mimi in Nashville in Nashville, Tennessee

Updated 51 months ago

Any Corporate Paralegals our there? - 23 Replies

I am a corporate paralegal in Tennessee. I find it very difficult to find other corporate paralegals to network. If you do work in corporate,...

AgentSmithers in Palm Desert, California

Paralegals

In the county of riverside can a Paralegal work alone and represent a client legal in a Traffic / DUI case or must they have a name of an Attorney...

SSgt, USAF in Abilene, Texas

Updated 52 months ago

Is ABA enough - 9 Replies

Should I go to South University online Paralegal program? This program is ABA approved. I will take the 4 required classed at Mississippi College...

Cuban Goddess Chic in Denver, Colorado

Updated 52 months ago

Hiring Increase Seen in Slave Labor, I mean "Interns" - 16 Replies

First off, let me just say that internships are one of the biggest scams out there. It's basically no different than slave labor since your hiring...

Diocletian in Northampton, Massachusetts

Updated 52 months ago

become a paralegal with a record? - 6 Replies

Is it possible to become a paralegal even if u have 3 drunk drivings on your record?

dh in Northern CA, California

Updated 53 months ago

Does Anyone Not Speak English Anymore? - 42 Replies

I'm applying to paralegal jobs here in NYC, and I would estiamte that over 50% of the job postings require fluency in a foreign language, which I...

baverso in Middletown, Connecticut

Gaining entry level experience?

To all who have paralegal experience: If you don't have anyone to network with, what are the best ways to gain entry level experience into the career...

vicque fassinger in Cleveland, Ohio

Updated 53 months ago

I'm Torn! & Dunno What to be When I Grow Up! - 19 Replies

I'm gonna sound just like everyone else here. I'm 24, outta work and am throwin in the towel on looking a permanent job. I'm 5 months pregnant and...

Updated 54 months ago

Are "Temp to Perm" Jobs Real? - 3 Replies

I keep seing ads for temp to perm jobs. Do thses jobs really become permanent, or do they just say it does to attract more applicants? If a job is...

dlanderer in Irvine, California

How can I get a job as a paralegal in California?

I will have completed all the requirements for my degree by March. I will have a BA in Political Science (emphasis in legal studies) and a minor in...

Para_ATL in Snellville, Georgia

Updated 54 months ago

Paralegal Or MBA - 24 Replies

Hi everyone, I am a college graduate with 10 years of management experience.But I hate my job and want to switch profesion.I always wanted to go to...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.