Am I too old?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Terry in Parsons, Tennessee

51 months ago

Hello out there!

i'm retiring this year from a 38 year career in sales and I am seriously considering taking the training and becoming a paramedic. I'm physicall fit, so that is not a problem, but I'm wise enough to know that age does make a difference to HR managers and I was wondering if any of you have an opinion about my probalbility of success--starting at this late date. I'm single and can move anywhere. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your reply,

terry

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

old medic in Chicago, Illinois

44 months ago

Terry in Parsons, Tennessee said: Hello out there!

i'm retiring this year from a 38 year career in sales and I am seriously considering taking the training and becoming a paramedic. I'm physicall fit, so that is not a problem, but I'm wise enough to know that age does make a difference to HR managers and I was wondering if any of you have an opinion about my probalbility of success--starting at this late date. I'm single and can move anywhere. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your reply,

terry

Dear Terry,
Speaking as a old paramedic it really comes down to what you desire to do... I am from Chicago and the cut off age for fire/medics is 35, most as younger than that. You could go to work for a contract or private but be advised salaries are usually pretty low. That being said, I believe that being a medic is one of the best careers out there. Best Wishes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.