Help finding a Pathologist Assistant to shadow in South Carolina!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

smitha7 in Columbia, South Carolina

26 months ago

I will be graduating with my Masters of Science in Biomedical Sciences at the University of South Carolina in August and I am looking to apply to the pathologist assistant program at West Virigina University. Shadowing a pathologist assistant is a requiriment to be accepted into the program. I am looking for a pathologist assistant to shadow in South Carolina. I have already emailed the AAPA and also contacted the Program director at West Virgina University. She said that they have had trouble finding pathologist assistants in South Carolina that would let someone shadow them. If anyone has any names of pathologist assistants in South Carolina or any helpful information at all please let me know!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tammy in Hillsborough, North Carolina

26 months ago

I don't feel comfortable posting other people's information online but if you post your email address I could email you.

Chandra in Greer, South Carolina

26 months ago

You can try Anmed in Anderson, SC or St. Francis in Greenville, i know its an 1.5hr drive but, i did mine at St. Francis, and they person i did it with was great, i just contacted the lab director.

Kara in Simpsonville, South Carolina

26 months ago

Sorry to ride your coat tail on this, but I am in the same position. I am looking into the Duke program and need to do a little shadowing. I am a RN in Greenville, but can travel to any surrounding areas. I appreciate any information anyone can offer.

Chandra in Greer, South Carolina

26 months ago

Kara,
GHS is really hard to get into shadow as they have a no shadowing policy, i would try st francis downtown or anmed in anderson. The Greenville ME office, only lets you shadow if you have already been accepted to a program for watching autopsys.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Michael in Brunswick, Georgia

25 months ago

Hello Kara

This is a very simple request. Here is how you do do it:

Visit (yes, in person) the Director of Surgical Pathology at a hospital and tell them what your intentions are. Most of the time with you standing there in scrubs and making a simple request, it is usually granted.

If you get to shadow or not, always....always....always send a hand written thankyou note to the doctor for his time.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.