Rosalind Franklin Interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 74)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

hitchhiker828 in Westland, Michigan

63 months ago

So I have an interview coming up next Thursday at Rosalind Franklin University for the Pathologist Assistant program. I have a few questions for anyone who has experienced this. About how long was the interview? Who were you interviewed by? And what kinds of questions did they ask? I guess I'm just getting kind of nervous, and I'm probably overthinking everything that will happen while I'm there. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ecrunner in Eau Claire, Wisconsin

63 months ago

Do you mean thursday the 4th? If so, I'll be there too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

hitchhiker828 in Westland, Michigan

63 months ago

ecrunner in Eau Claire, Wisconsin said: Do you mean thursday the 4th? If so, I'll be there too.

Yeah, I'm going to be there on the 4th.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Notabene in Chicago, Illinois

63 months ago

Steven Springer in Iowa City, Iowa said: Hope your interviews went well. I created a group on facebook for the class of 2012 if you guys got in. Looking forward to meeting everybody!

Hey Steven, What is the name of the group on FB? I am in the class of 2012 as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

swspring

63 months ago

Rosalind Franklin PathA class of 2012

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

r6684 in Savannah, Georgia

63 months ago

swspring said: Rosalind Franklin PathA class of 2012

Hello Steven, I want to apply to Rosalind Franklin for Fall 2011 admission. Do you know if individuals in your class had a gpa <3.2? Also, how many shadowing hours did you have? Thanks.

swspring in Iowa City, Iowa

63 months ago

r6684 in Savannah, Georgia said: Hello Steven, I want to apply to Rosalind Franklin for Fall 2011 admission. Do you know if individuals in your class had a gpa <3.2? Also, how many shadowing hours did you have? Thanks.

Email me at Stevenspringer22@gmail.com and I can answer some questions you have!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

artsciencelove in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

54 months ago

Hi Everyone
I see that these posts are from 9 months ago. I sent in my application for the Pathology Assistant program at Rosalind Franklin last week. How long did it take to hear back from the school regarding an interview? How was the interview and how is the program?
Hope all is well!
Roseann

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pathatobe in Boston, Massachusetts

54 months ago

I sent mine in last week also to RF. I heard from someone else that the turn around time is fairly quick although I could be wrong

Ken in Midland, Texas

54 months ago

My wife has been accepted into the program starting in late May 2011. The interview took about 4 hours and it was done in a group setting. They will go from one student to the next right down the line. Good Luck!!!

53 months ago

@pathatobe
Good luck! Let me know if you hear anything.
@Ken
Congrats to your wife. That is so exciting.
I spoke with them before the holiday and they said my application will be processed after the holidays. Hopefully I will hear something either this week or next. There was a slight delay with the transcripts from one of my secondary schools. I have also heard that turn around time is quick. I'm looking forward to hearing from them :)
Thank you for the responses

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

pasr2210 in Gurnee, Illinois

53 months ago

Hello, I'm graduating from undergrad this year (liberal studies major) and I decided that a career as a PathA was what I truly wanted to do. I live about 15/20 minutes away from Rosalind Franklin so it will probably be my top choice when choosing a program. I need to take a few chemistry classes and I won't be able to apply to start in Summer of 2011, so I will finishing up the pre-req's I don't have from a community college and hoping to enter summer of 2012. A few questions...

1. will taking pre-reqs from a community college (CLC in Grayslake for those familiar) hurt me??
2. Will my GPA for those pre-req's count when figuring out my cumulative GPA? (i hope so, i need a little boost)
3. Any other hints/tips/etc on what to do before I apply to Rosalind Franklin???

ziggypiggy in Fulton, Missouri

52 months ago

I applied and they sent me an email saying I have been waitlisted. But it may have been to soften the blow of a rejection as it seems automated to all applicants who did not get in. Is this bad?

52 months ago

ziggypiggy: Did you have an interview?

52 months ago

Ziggypiggy did you have an interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

pasr2210
1. I don't think taking classes at a community college will hurt you. As long as you do well and are able to get at least two letters of recommendation from your professors, you should be good.
2. Yes, they include all of your classes in your gpa. I believe they do a separate one for math and science.
3. They were really friendly and kind to me throughout this whole process. I would call the school and speak with their administrative assistant, Christina. She is really nice and they can answer an questions you may have.

Also, have you shadowed a path assistant yet? That might be helpful as experience on your application.

52 months ago

artsciencelove in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: Ziggypiggy did you have an interview?

Yes I had an interview. I thought (or hoped) it went well.

52 months ago

artsciencelove in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: pasr2210
1. I don't think taking classes at a community college will hurt you. As long as you do well and are able to get at least two letters of recommendation from your professors, you should be good.
2. Yes, they include all of your classes in your gpa. I believe they do a separate one for math and science.
3. They were really friendly and kind to me throughout this whole process. I would call the school and speak with their administrative assistant, Christina. She is really nice and they can answer an questions you may have.

Also, have you shadowed a path assistant yet? That might be helpful as experience on your application.

I shadowed at several different hospitals and saw a bunch of different organs and biosies.

SM2 in Springfield, Missouri

44 months ago

Mollylaa in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: Anyone else applying for summer 2012? I got notice my app was complete three weeks ago, but have not heard anything since. I was wondering if anyone else has got interviews yet, etc. Maybe I should be more patient- I have a friend who graduated from this program a few years ago and according to her she "applied in september and was accepted in october." This is probably not so realistic in recent years as I believe the program was fairly new back when she applied. If any recent applicants/ interviewees would like to comment on their experiences I would be very interested!

Oh and what did you all think of that crazy essay question?

I was getting concerned as well so I called Christina the receptionist, who is very nice by the way. She told me that the reason no one has received and email yet is because one of pathologist is out visiting various labs/sites and wouldn't be back until this upcoming tuesday. Then they will set a date for the interviews which she said would probably be mid - end of November.

I was very excited to hear that they definitely wanted me down for and interview along with 3-4 other applicants.

The essay question was definitely different but I understand why they chose it. I think they were testing our abilities in many ways. There were definitely many different angles to go with it due to how vague the question was. Ultimately, I chose melanoma!

hrmmm in Baldwin Park, California

41 months ago

dang... 3 months for your essay??
and again dang... you applied in september????

well, i am definitely not going to get in this year for sure then.
i still havent submitted my application yet... :/

and the essay was very vague indeed, i took 1 day to write it. and i have no idea how i can elaborate on the topic.. so i only have 299 words! horrible, i know.

to anyone reading this thread.. how long was your essay for the RF application??
i know there is no limit, but i would like to know how far from average i am (?)

thanks!

jglspnay in Sacramento, California

41 months ago

hi, i applied to another program that had three prompts and my statements came out to 4 pages double spaced (combined), averaging 3/4-1 page (single spaced) per prompt. it never hurts to call up individual programs and ask. sure you may be relatively "late" in submitting your app, but RF's deadline isn't technically until march 31st. and i've heard that programs usually save a few seats for those who apply really close to the deadline. so don't be discouraged and still do your best on that prompt and rock your interview if you get one!

i've been in contact with a few people who have emailed me their interview experiences at RF & i'd be happy to forward them to you if you'd like. just shoot me an email: jglspnay@gmail.com

good luck!

sincerely, a fellow californian.

Som Tawyer in Austin, Texas

33 months ago

I was wondering if anyone has landed an interview with RFU for May 2013? When did you apply? When did you hear?

JenH in Chicago, Illinois

32 months ago

Hey som,
I applied in late July/ early August and talked to a grad admission rep late last week and she said they are still in the screening process!! I hope to hear from them soon. The suspense is killing me.

32 months ago

JenH,
I has also applied late July/ August. That puts my mind at ease that are still in the screening process. I have been on pins and needles waiting to hear back! Good Luck!

31 months ago

Still no word?

31 months ago

No!!!

annomy in Greenville, South Carolina

31 months ago

Last yr I interviewed at the end of Nov for the following May.... I do know they have filled about 10 spots from last yrs waiting list. Which is way better than what they did previous yr where we went to interview(1st round of applicants) & they had already filled 26 spots from the previous waiting list. There was 16 of us, and it wasn't great hearing that.

gulliver in Houston, Texas

31 months ago

Has anyone heard anything from any of the other programs for the 2013 year? I applied to Drexel and Indiana as well as RF. From what I hear RF is still screening so no worry there. Had a phone interview w Drexel in early OCT but still havent heard from them. getting worried

30 months ago

Still no word?!

Jenh in Chicago, Illinois

30 months ago

No!! Have you? I'm dying over here! :-/

annomy in Greenville, South Carolina

29 months ago

hi guys! Be patient, all of the programs make you wait it appears. The only program I got a quick response was QU and that was after having to wait 4 months for a interview request, then a few weeks til the interview, but once the interview was complete i heard within a week about acceptance. RF I interviewed in Nov and heard I was on the waitlist in December, and then in March was told I had acceptance for the next yr. WVU interviewed in may, heard in august about waitlist. its a waiting game and a lot of deferment.

29 months ago

I haven't heard anything yet, I called and they said the process is a bit behind. So Annomy is right its a waiting game. Congrats to you annomy on your acceptance into QU. If I hear anything this forum will be the third to know.

Jenh in Chicago, Illinois

29 months ago

Yesterday I got offered an interview in January. Hope you do too, good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

avantgarde in San Francisco, California

29 months ago

Eek! The essay prompt is very difficult to write. And Jenh, good luck during your interview!

sarita in College Station, Texas

28 months ago

I am recently thinking about taking Path A as a career. I am a foreign medical graduate (also did my residency in pathology) but away form college since last five yrs, currently working as a phlebotomist. I am now preparing for USMLE but this path seems to be really long and takes away my confidence as I think about the long gap I had in my studies.
As some of you have applied in few more schools apart form RF, I want know if any one has any idea about which of them are international student friendly? If you are a working as Path A or currently a student have you come across any such international student? What are my chances of getting the interview?
I will appreciate any kind of input as I want to know everything as much as possible about Path A.
Thanks.

mchiaro in Phoenix, Arizona

28 months ago

Has anyone who interviewed on Jan 11th heard back yet? My husband was there and I am dying from the suspense.

sania in Federal Way, Washington

28 months ago

We were supposed to hear back from them by Wednesday, but I haven't heard back from them either. I'm resisting the urge to call them. Has anyone else heard anything.

mchiaro

28 months ago

We were expecting something today at the latest. I guess we can just keep being patient. I told him to call if we don't hear anything next week. If we hear anything I will let you know. good luck!!

28 months ago

Has anyone heard from them or called?

houston in Houston, Texas

28 months ago

still no word. have u called or heard yet?

mchiaro

28 months ago

He called and asked if they had the right email address. They forwarded the acceptance email to him :)

28 months ago

Yes!! I received my acceptance email yesterday as well!! congrats!!

28 months ago

JenH in Chicago, Illinois said: Yes!! I received my acceptance email yesterday as well!! congrats!!

Congrats Jen!!! Let the adventure begin :) This gives us 3.5 months to sell a house and move 5 kids from AZ to Chicago. Let the fun begin!

Sam in Brooklyn, New York

28 months ago

When do your classes start? I'm still a few weeks away from applying to Wayne State Uni - they say their deadline is May 15th...but doesn't that sound really late when classes start in September?

mchiaro

28 months ago

Registration in April. Classes the end of May

Sarita in College Station, Texas

28 months ago

Congratulations to all who got accepted for the program. I am also working on my application though its quite late. I am worried about the essay prompt, it seems so vague. I don't understated what they really want us to write? If someone can guide me...please.

sam in Brooklyn, New York

28 months ago

Can we talk about interview outfits? Are you guys erring on the side of caution and basically wearing to your interview what a med school candidate would wear?
I'm not some fashionista, in fact, I could care less about attire and I understand it's important to look professional but is the same old drab black suit really necessary? Could I wear a nice charcoal wool skirt with a blouse and a nice royal blue velvet blazer? It's pretty and fun and it looks completely professional. I'm 30 years old and have been in the workforce for 8 years now.....am I really going to sway an admissions board to not let me into their school because I chose to wear something a little different?

MandyPR in San Juannull

27 months ago

Has anyone applied for the PA program at the University of Maryland? Has anyone heard back about interviews?

Thank you! Mandy

J in Cambridge, Massachusetts

27 months ago

I've applied to the University of Maryland as well as Rosalind Franklin and I haven't heard back from either University regarding interviews. The last I spoke with the program director at Maryland I was told they were pretty behind due to a large volume of applications and to anticipate a longer than expected wait.

I'm super antsy haha, GOOD LUCK!

MandyPR in San Juannull

27 months ago

J,

Thanks for the info. I applied to umd and Indiana and i have not heard a thing. Umd had told me about the large volume so I guess we'll have to wait it out.

Good luck to you too!! If you hear anything else let me know, I'll do the same!

Mandy

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.