Successful Applicant Statistics?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

krusten in Madison, Wisconsin

22 months ago

Hey everyone! I would be considered 'pre-PA' and am a bit disappointed in the lack of information about this profession and it's students on the internet (like career forums found on studentdoctor.net, etc).

I'd like to learn more about the type of people that go to / get accepted to PA school. I've contacted the admissions director at my desired school and I basically was given a vague "we look at your application holistically and it is always good to get more pathology experience and take upper division science courses." Great, but what am I up against? What makes for a competitive applicant?

What was your academic and professional background? What was your GPA range (cum and science)? Did your receive awards? Did you volunteer or hold leadership positions? Did you do any post-baccalaureate or Masters programs? What kind (and how much) of anatomic pathology experience did you have? Where did your letters of recommendation come from? What do you think were your strengths and weaknesses?

This is not to be nosy, just that there is such a wealth of the above information on most other medical professions on the internet and it'd be nice to get a survey of those in the pathology assistant field. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

michael in Brunswick, Georgia

22 months ago

Hi-
You've asked questions scattered all over the chart. What information are you looking for? I have been a PA since 1988 and really like working with folks to get them interested in the profession.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.