WVU Pathology Assistant Program

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (44)

WVU in Rossford, Ohio

49 months ago

I have an interview coming up for WVU and I was hoping for some advice on how the interview will go. What kind of questions should I be asking them? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

TNPAhopeful in Clarksville, Tennessee

49 months ago

I have an interview at WVU as well, on the 17th. From the website I found that the interview is to be 20-30 minutes followed by a kind of computer-based essay question, though on what topic I do not know, designed to test an applicant's communication skills. It is the latter part that I am nervous about.

49 months ago

I emailed C. George and asked, because it made me feel better to ask even if the answer was no, if she could put me out of my misery and tell me the essay topic. She replied that she could - there is NO computer-based essay this year! And yes, knowing that, I will sleep better tonight. Thank you!

Didn't say when your interview is but I wish you well. I will post about mine sometime this weekend and hope that it helps you.

cox1e2 in Sugar Land, Texas

49 months ago

I just had my interview at WVU last week as well. You can email me with questions at cox1e2@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

gldbrgs11 in Charlotte, North Carolina

48 months ago

Did you guys get in? I am starting in January @ WVU.

ecrunner in Eau Claire, Wisconsin

48 months ago

I am also starting in January.

gldbrgs11 in Charlotte, North Carolina

48 months ago

ecrunner- Have you figured out where you're living yet?

You can email me if you'd rather: sarah.r.goldberg@gmail.com

pathotoko in Fresno, California

48 months ago

I'm exuberant to say that I've been accepted as well!

I've searched online for rentals in Morgantown. Looks like trying to find a place at the on-campus Medical Center is going to be a hard bet with only 82 apartments. There's more than likely a long waiting list but there's still a chance.

I'd be willing to share living costs with a roommate so if you're interested give me an email and we can work something out.

Myself: male, non-smoker
email: pathotoko@yahoo.com

48 months ago

Congrats to you all and Good Luck! 'cause prep time is getting short for a January start. Alas, I was not accepted but wish me well as I set my sights onward.

Aaron in Dallas, Georgia

40 months ago

Hi! I applied to wvu for Next Jan start date. I had my interview and was wondering what wait time was for answer, director said they do not do rolling admissions so wouldn't hear until July. Do accepted students hear prior to this or is this correct? Thanks!

anonymous in Temple, Texas

40 months ago

I interviewed in May and was told the same.

Aaron in Athens, Georgia

40 months ago

Was told the same that they do not let peole know or told their decision?

Anonymous

40 months ago

Told I wouldn't hear until after July 31 when application deadline is over.

Aaron in Athens, Georgia

40 months ago

Okay thanks!! Makes me feel a little less anxious?
!

js in Charleston, West Virginia

39 months ago

TNPAhopeful in Clarksville, Tennessee said: I have an interview at WVU as well, on the 17th. From the website I found that the interview is to be 20-30 minutes followed by a kind of computer-based essay question, though on what topic I do not know, designed to test an applicant's communication skills. It is the latter part that I am nervous about.

Hey guys good luck in the program, if you have any questions about it contact me..... I am a former grad of the program, would be glad to help you out anyway i can. ..... jsimms14@lycos.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

FuturePathAssist in LA, California

37 months ago

Hi All! I'm new to this forum. I just got accepted to the WVU program and I start in Jan. 2012. I am so excited!! Did anyone hear their results yet? For matriculates and for present students, where are some good on and off campus student housing near the med center? :) Thanks!

anonymous in Waco, Texas

37 months ago

FuturePathAssist just curious how long ago you received notification? I haven't heard anything yet.

anonmy in Greenville, South Carolina

37 months ago

I was wait listed at WVU i found out on thursday, i know that all 16 that were offered acceptances, accepted.

anonmy in Greenville, South Carolina

37 months ago

I was wait listed at WVU, i found out on Wednesday, the 17th. I know that all 16 that were offered spots, accepted their places. Hope this helps.

37 months ago

anonymous in Waco, Texas said: FuturePathAssist just curious how long ago you received notification? I haven't heard anything yet.

Hi Anonymous from Waco, I found out on Monday, the 15th. I hope this helps. Good luck everyone. :)

anonymous in Waco, Texas

37 months ago

et oh that doesn't forbode well for me then darn! Anybody actually receive rejection emails yet? Thank you guys for getting back to me.

cox1e2 in Morgantown, West Virginia

37 months ago

FuturePathAssist in LA, California said: Hi All! I'm new to this forum. I just got accepted to the WVU program and I start in Jan. 2012. I am so excited!! Did anyone hear their results yet? For matriculates and for present students, where are some good on and off campus student housing near the med center? :) Thanks!

I would stay away from any apartments run by Metro Property Management. There are several nice apartments within a 5-10min. driving distance. However, I am from Texas, and do not like to drive the hills during the winter. In addition, parking is extra per semester at HSC. So I personally prefer to live within walking distance. Some of my classmates live on campus at the medical school student apartments. I hear they are small, but functional, and very quiet. There are some problems with the internet from time to time. For a studio or 1 bedroom, I think you are looking at around $600 a month, unless you have roommates. And always inquire if apartments cater more towards grad students or undergrad. I would also stay away from any apartments downtown or near the main campus. Hope this helps!

cox1e2 in Morgantown, West Virginia

37 months ago

For those of you wait listed for WVU, Jan is a long way off. Usually there are a couple of people who decide not to attend for some reason or another. So just be ready. You never know what may happen!

Anonymous

37 months ago

Aaron in Athens did you hear anything regarding your application yet?

Aaron

37 months ago

Hi, I am on the wait list hoping someone drops out! Does that sound bad lol

37 months ago

cox1e2 in Morgantown, West Virginia said: I would stay away from any apartments run by Metro Property Management. There are several nice apartments within a 5-10min. driving distance. However, I am from Texas, and do not like to drive the hills during the winter. In addition, parking is extra per semester at HSC. So I personally prefer to live within walking distance. Some of my classmates live on campus at the medical school student apartments. I hear they are small, but functional, and very quiet. There are some problems with the internet from time to time. For a studio or 1 bedroom, I think you are looking at around $600 a month, unless you have roommates. And always inquire if apartments cater more towards grad students or undergrad. I would also stay away from any apartments downtown or near the main campus. Hope this helps!

Hi thanks for all the helpful information. I don't plan on driving either so I want to live near the HSC or use public transportation if it is accessible. How are Pierpont Apartments like if you've heard about them? Thanks!

Renee in Morgantown, West Virginia

37 months ago

I personally don't know anyone who lives there, but I would assume that it is mainly HSC students. - And maybe some undergrads, as it is also accross the street to the forensic campus. This would be ideal for you because you will have forensic photography there. It is very close to HSC; and the Kroger is not even a block away. I would definitly look into it. There is also Terrace Heights that is close to the top of the Law school. The Law School is just superior/posterior to Ruby Hospital/HSC. It is VERY quiet. Some of the apartments are old (at Terrace Heights), but the landlords are the best. You could walk straight down the stadium stairs and enter HSC through Ruby; although you would have to walk straight back up those stairs to get back home! You might want to keep that in mind...the PA program has not yet released lockers to us, which, in my opinion, is essential! I have never used the public transportation, but there are several buses that run all over Morgantown. If I am not mistaken, I think they are free to students. Some apt complexes even have shuttels for students. However, if there is deep snow, it is not always reliable transportation. If you are not brining your car, WVU has started a zip car program where you can rent a car daily, or by the hour. Just something to keep in mind. Any other questions about Morgantown or the program, you may email me: cox1e2@yahoo.com

37 months ago

Renee in Morgantown, West Virginia said: I personally don't know anyone who lives there, but I would assume that it is mainly HSC students. - And maybe some undergrads, as it is also accross the street to the forensic campus. This would be ideal for you because you will have forensic photography there. It is very close to HSC; and the Kroger is not even a block away. I would definitly look into it. There is also Terrace Heights that is close to the top of the Law school. The Law School is just superior/posterior to Ruby Hospital/HSC. It is VERY quiet. Some of the apartments are old (at Terrace Heights), but the landlords are the best. You could walk straight down the stadium stairs and enter HSC through Ruby; although you would have to walk straight back up those stairs to get back home! You might want to keep that in mind...the PA program has not yet released lockers to us, which, in my opinion, is essential! I have never used the public transportation, but there are several buses that run all over Morgantown. If I am not mistaken, I think they are free to students. Some apt complexes even have shuttels for students. However, if there is deep snow, it is not always reliable transportation. If you are not brining your car, WVU has started a zip car program where you can rent a car daily, or by the hour. Just something to keep in mind. Any other questions about Morgantown or the program, you may email me: cox1e2@yahoo.com

Thanks Renee! You were so helpful. I'll keep your email address for future questions. I'm still waiting for the program to send me all the paperwork, but I've also been doing a lot of research on student housing.

Have a good 3 day weekend everyone! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

klo in Boston, Massachusetts

37 months ago

I was put on the wait list in mid-August, and received a call on Sep. 1 that there was an opening in the class for me. So they definitely pull from their wating list.

I am also starting to look into apartments in the area. If I can't find any one bedrooms close by, would another girl be interested in rooming together?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

klo in Boston, Massachusetts said: I was put on the wait list in mid-August, and received a call on Sep. 1 that there was an opening in the class for me. So they definitely pull from their wating list.

I am also starting to look into apartments in the area. If I can't find any one bedrooms close by, would another girl be interested in rooming together?

Hi Klo in Boston,
Congratulations!! I've been doing some research on student housing and I'm planning on rooming with someone as well to cut the cost of rent. Please email me at mnrabina@yahoo.com if you are interested. I am a female. Thanks! Have a good day.

djoe1982

26 months ago

Anyone hear from wvu regarding 2013 admission?

el farolito in Seattle, Washington

26 months ago

not yet!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Eva Glover in San Diego, California

25 months ago

I had my interview July 2nd and I received a call on July 20th that I had been accepted. Anyone else starting 2013?

jmb2342 in Henrietta, New York

25 months ago

Hey Eva
I was accepted about the same time that you did. Have you been looking for housing yet?

25 months ago

Yes, I have been looking. I have found an apartment within walking distance to the school and hospital and that is pet friendly (since my fiance and I have 2 dogs). BUT the lease wouldn't be available until December, so I am still keeping my eyes open if something opens up sooner. How about you?

25 months ago

I have been looking but I haven't found any I really like that much that is walking distance. Plus I am trying to find something that is fully furnished. I wish it started in the fall so we weren't making the move in the winter.

25 months ago

I know! Me being from Cali I haven't really experienced a real winter. So we'll see how i handle that. I wanted something fully furnished but I gave up on that :-/. Are you wanting to live by yourself?

25 months ago

Eva Glover in San Diego, California said: I know! Me being from Cali I haven't really experienced a real winter. So we'll see how i handle that. I wanted something fully furnished but I gave up on that :-/. Are you wanting to live by yourself?

Hello Future WVU students,
I'm one of the first years at the WVU program going into clinicals next year. I know some apartments that are walking distance from the HSC campus. I'm also from So Cal. Please email me if you have any questions about housing. I'd like to help out. And Eva, the winter season hasn't been that bad, but I heard that it could get worse. I know we're used to warm and sunny weather in Cali, but trust me, it's pretty tolerable. :) Here's my email: mnrabina@gmail.com
Good luck!

k lo in Morgantown, West Virginia

25 months ago

hey guys! i am a current 1st year student at wvu! congrats to all who made it! a little help with housing- i actually met my roommate on this forum, and it has worked out very well. sice i was only a 4 1/2 hr drive away, and had furniture from a previous apartment, all she had to buy here was a bed and a desk for her room. we live in a 2 bedroom about a 15 min walk from school, and for the most part it is a flat walk! the complex is called 'heritage'- they are older, but nice and with plenty of room. unfortuneately, they do not allow pets. a few other people live at the district and the ridge. im not sure about the actual rooms, but they do provide shuttle service to school (as do a lot of complexes) since driving and parking here are crazy during school. if you look a little further from the health science campus, there is always buses and the PRT, which are both free for students, and stop right in front of the building. and to eva- this past winter wasn't all that bad, and my roomie is from cali as well so she was a little nervous about it too! if you guys have any other questions, feel free to ask!

k lo in Morgantown, West Virginia

25 months ago

ha! we were both excited to help you guys! my email is lopezkav@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

Thank you for the reply! Futurepathassist I will definitely send you a email to ask questions! I'd love to hear how another fellow Californian is doing in WV. And I've looked at some pet friendly apartments but they still have pet restrictions on huskies or a dog being over 35lbs. The southeast court apartments said they were fine with my dogs but I couldn't move in until december. Has any of you heard of people living there? I couldnt find reviews.

25 months ago

@Eva- yes! Email me! I'd love to share my experience with you. I got really excited when I saw that you're from Cali! :) As for Southeast court apts. I actually haven't heard of that place, but I can ask around. I know there is Street's apartments across from Heritage, there's Burroughs apartments along Chestnut Ridge which is a little farther away, but I'm not sure if they allow pets. I can ask some other people in our program. But yeah, feel free to email me.

@jmb2342- there are actually more than a few apartments that are a walking distance from the campus. Although, I don't know how the rooms are. I can probably give you a list. you can email me.

@Klo- funny how we both got excited to reply in this forum! :)

25 months ago

klo also made a lot of good points! :) You can email both of us if you'd like.

25 months ago

Eva Glover in San Diego, California said: I know! Me being from Cali I haven't really experienced a real winter. So we'll see how i handle that. I wanted something fully furnished but I gave up on that :-/. Are you wanting to live by yourself?

Eva-Yeah I was looking to live on my own. I saw that you were from Cali. I bet the snow will be a little bit of a change for you. Since I am from New York I am excited to go down south and get away from the horrible winters here.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.