Starting out...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

How did you get your start doing patient account representative work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

danadenman@yahoo.com in Saint Louis, Missouri

65 months ago

I started work in a drug store at age 15, progressed to a switchboard operator at at local hospital, while registering in-patients and out-patients, then switched to a physcian's office, had EMT certification (lapsed), worked as a receptionist, did billing, scheduled appointments, etc. I was basically a jack of all trades in that private practice. I married the MD, became the office manager, and continued to enjoy the medical field. I have great compassion for people who can not pay their bills on time, and would be willing to work and learn how to help resolve their issues. I then switched to Mental Health in DOC, working part-time doing transcription. I left the DOC job for personal reasons, and was unemployed for 11 months. I am now currently working in customer service, as a subcontractor, for AT&T in the warranty division. With the proper training, I feel I could be successful in assisting people to help resolve their financial difficulties.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.