Wanting to break into plastic surgery work -

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Jessey in Palmdale, California

38 months ago

Hi Everyone

I'm fairly new to the region (Palmdale in California and originally from London, UK); I really want to work in the plastic surgery arena and am hoping to get some great advice here as a starting point...

Things are really tight however in the Antelope Valley where I live and I'm thinking I'll probably have to commute to LA.

I was toying over the idea of trying to 'volunteer' my time locally to try and get some experience, just being in the plastic surgery environment - do you think this is a good idea? I would be happy to start off in reception and would ultimately like to get into a patient care coordinator role.

My background I hasten to add is mainly legal secretarial/assistant though I have also worked in management (bars/restaurants), hotel reception and managed and coordinated professional offices.

Though I do not have specific experience, I do feel that my communication skills and genuine desire to work in the world of plastic surgery will assist me. I also feel I have much to offer in terms of first class client care and organizational skills, polished appearance and am well spoken (English accent - I hear some Americans like that). In addition, I am determined to succeed...

I have just found this forum and would welcome all comments and advice from you experienced ladies out there as to how I should best proceed.

In anticipation, a very big thank you to all who take the time to respond; I really appreciate it...

Jessey

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.