Getting a patient care technician job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 62 of 62)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

Good to go in Port Orange, Florida

39 months ago

Lovely Lucien in Miami, Florida said: Im in school right now for Patient Care Technician, but I really want to know how much they pay and how did I get my start doing patient care technician work.
PAY for PCT is approx. 18-39,000 yr.I started with a high sch education,then got my MA cert.,then NA,then PCT in FL.(not necessary,but it helps with courses.) I did not have to take a pre-entrance test.Sch.was for 8mos. incl. externship. I was told there were some jobs open around Daytona, @ Fish Med.for those who were asking. PCT course cost about 14,000. I took NA courses, alittle EKG, phlebotomy, and the therapies; physical, occupational and respiratory.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

icelily20 in Brooklyn, New York

38 months ago

Brooklyn in Brooklyn, New York said: Does anyone know how to get a PCT job in NYC?

did you find a job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

teresa in Anaheim, California

37 months ago

I had also difficulty finding a PCT job today. I finished my training last April and took the CDC test last May 2012, passed it and now I submitted my resumes to several clinics already and no positive response yet! One company requires 2 years experience! How will I earn the experience if they won't hire me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

meli in Yonkers, New York

36 months ago

I had been looking for PCT jobs for months now to no avail. I live in Westchester, NY and will travel to NYC if offered a position, please let me know of any positions available for new grads. What is the point of even getting the PCT diploma if nobody will hire you? These is insane and ridiculous.

36 months ago

BTW, I got my diploma in a local Community College, if anyone is interested and is willing to be without job for months try Bronx Community College for PCT, they also offer other continuing education courses and they are affordable and have flexible schedules. I spoke to a PCT in Montefiore Medical Group in the Bronx and she told me that they hired her without experience. I haven't been lucky enough! I'll keep you posted though. Good luck on your endevours!!!

Good to go in Port Orange, Florida

36 months ago

Hi I got my diplomas in MA and PCT, 10 years apart. It's definitely easier to get a job as an MA than as a PCT. Part of the reason is experience,part is need. I plan on volunteering in a month at a nursing home just to get some experience. And I hope that in a yr or so employers will be more familiar with this aspect of the medical field. Which brings me to my second point, need. I won't get hired if they are not set up for PCTs. As I looked at job openings AT THE SCHOOL, I found that most of them where for NA's. Which tells me that there are not enough PCT jobs available.Most of us end up working as nurses aides,anyway. Also, I think the people that create these jobs throw too much on students. Same with Medical Assistants. I heard they even have MA's making travel plans for the Dr.! What's next? Either way, I would like so much for employers to be the way they were yrs. ago. Each worker looked out for the others, and students were given a chance to prove themselves without alot of red tape. Hope everything goes well for you this yr.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Misswifie in Brooklyn, New York

31 months ago

meli in Yonkers, New York said: BTW, I got my diploma in a local Community College , if anyone is interested and is willing to be without job for months try Bronx Community College for PCT, they also offer other continuing education courses and they are affordable and have flexible schedules. I spoke to a PCT in Montefiore Medical Group in the Bronx and she told me that they hired her without experience. I haven't been lucky enough! I'll keep you posted though. Good luck on your endevours!!!

Did you find a job yet?

31 months ago

Misswifie in Brooklyn, New York said: Did you find a job yet?

no, I even told a doctor I would work for him for free and nothing. I have been applying for work for more than a year now. Any ideas?

Misswifie in Brooklyn, New York

31 months ago

Try another state like philadelphia. I say this because I think new york city has so many people looking for the same jobs. One of my friends become emt and got a job there with no experience in a hospital. I believe new jersey and philly are better for healthcare jobs.

31 months ago

yes im certified nca and have been volunteering at a local hospital for a year now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mini Sawhney in Hempstead, New York

20 months ago

The pre-requisite to becoming a PCT or Patient Care Technician is to have a valid CNA license. PCT's usually work in hospital settings and provide basic patient care, obtain EKG readings and perform phlebotomy procedures. If you would like to get training in becoming a certified PCT you can attended classes at Access Careers located at 474 Fulton Avenue, Hempstead, NY 11550. We are a NYS licensed school and accredited by COE. We have several class schedules to accommodate our students and are conveniently located in Long Island and are accessible to residents of Queens County, Nassau County and Suffolk County. We have safe, ample and free parking. If you need more information you can contact us at five one six four three three zero zero three four or our website at www.accesscareers.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

enbussell in Dallas, Texas

16 months ago

Why is it so hard to find a PCT job in Dallas Texas? I've had several interviews and no call backs. I've been a Tech for 5 years. It's entry level this makes no sense.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.