Patient Care Tech

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

chamblisso@netzero.com in Birmingham, Alabama

59 months ago

I am a Pct in Birmingham,I am 50 years old , I have not worked since Oct/o8..Most hosptials here in ALA will hire the younger ones because they think we cannot hold our own,not true the older group is more stable than the younger and we are more reliable,but? me in alabama...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

mcj in Tucson, Arizona

58 months ago

i feel ya...i also am 50yrs. and havent heard a word yet..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sharon in Chicago, Illinois

51 months ago

I am 55 year and I start a PCT class in June 21, 2010 I don't feel

I am too old. go for it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DET2415 in Warner Robins, Georgia

49 months ago

chamblisso@netzero.com in Birmingham, Alabama said: I am a Pct in Birmingham,I am 50 years old , I have not worked since Oct/o8..Most hosptials here in ALA will hire the younger ones because they think we cannot hold our own,not true the older group is more stable than the younger and we are more reliable,but? me in alabama...

I TOO AM ALMOST 50YRS OLD. I GOT CNA AND PRE NURSING DEGREE.
I WORK IN A HOSPITAL, I WALKED UP TO HEAD OF NURSING AND ASK FOR A JOB. I WAS UNEMPLOYED SINCE 2006. I GOT THE JOB. I WORK SO HARD THEY TELL ME TO SLOW DOWN. I USE MY FAITH IN GOD HE BACK ME UP!!! I HAVE FAMILY WHO SAID I COULDN'T DO IT! WATCH ME! YOU HAVE TO EAT RIGHT AND EXERCISE!! THE JOB IS PHYSCICAL! IF YOU WANT IT DONT TAKE NO FOR ANSWER! ALSO PRIVATE DUTY IS A WAY TO GET EXPERIENCE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

joshuajroberts in Ashtabula, Ohio

48 months ago

This is a growing field and yet I have found it very difficult to find a reputable institution to attend for hemodialysis technician training in northwest Ohio. Owens community college, the largest community college in northwest Ohio is considering offering a hemodialysis program but will need a minimum level of interest before they will offer the program. Is anyone else interested in hemodialysis technician training in Ohio?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.