VIP TECHNICAL (Patient care technician/health unit coordinator)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

LEESA in Hazel Park, Michigan

61 months ago

have anybody ever heard of vip technical in southfield,mi? they teach the patient care technician program. i spoke with a lady from there. the program is 12 weeks long. your first four weeks your doing classroom work and the other eight she said you go to hutzel hospital,detroit receiving etc. and do hands on training. im trying to find someone who actually went there or heard of it atleast before i waste my money going there. if anybody heard of this school please let me know how it is. i hope its nothing like career health studies in eastpointe,mi THAT SCHOOL SUCKS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

staylee in Warren, Michigan

59 months ago

LEESA in Hazel Park, Michigan said: have anybody ever heard of vip technical in southfield,mi? they teach the patient care technician program. i spoke with a lady from there. the program is 12 weeks long. your first four weeks your doing classroom work and the other eight she said you go to hutzel hospital, detroit receiving etc. and do hands on training . im trying to find someone who actually went there or heard of it atleast before i waste my money going there. if anybody heard of this school please let me know how it is. i hope its nothing like career health studies in eastpointe,mi THAT SCHOOL SUCKS!

Well, I went there and i think it was okay!!!!It takes to long for you to receive that certification.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

BarbWhittler in Southfield, Michigan

57 months ago

I heard of the school and decided to go to Aress after speaking to both schools. Aress Academy is in southfield mi on Greenfield rd, the program is a very good one . The program is 10 wks with 24hrs of externship , I finished in December 09. I took my nationals 01-11-10, I am to take my state on 01-22-10.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Moe in Royal Oak, Michigan

55 months ago

I had a variety of schools to choose. I picked vip Technical because the instructor was nurse and we had a variety of clinical experience. It was 40 HOURS OF HOSPITAL CLINICALS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Menie in Rochester, Michigan

55 months ago

Moe in Royal Oak, Michigan said: I had a variety of schools to choose. I picked vip Technical because the instructor was nurse and we had a variety of clinical experience. It was 40 HOURS OF HOSPITAL CLINICALS.

i am going to vip tecnical school next week.Do you think the certificate can apply for the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KeKe in Allen Park, Michigan

54 months ago

Hey. I went there too and I liked the school but with my certificate in Patient Care Tech, Phlebotomy, and EKG tech, I still cant find any work because everyone want you to at least have 1 year experience. So that means you'll be doing a lot of volunteer work if you can find any. Ive looked for that too.

Menie in Rochester, Michigan

53 months ago

KeKe in Allen Park, Michigan said: Hey. I went there too and I liked the school but with my certificate in Patient Care Tech, Phlebotomy, and EKG tech, I still cant find any work because everyone want you to at least have 1 year experience. So that means you'll be doing a lot of volunteer work if you can find any. Ive looked for that too.

do you think i suppose to go to VIP school? Do you get a job yet? thank you.

LEESA in Hazel Park, Michigan

53 months ago

thanks for the comments everyone...after posting this...i still decided to go to VIP TECHNICAL...i finished december of 09...and i am now working at DMC HARPER HOSPITAL IN DETROIT..as a patient care associate...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

me-me in Detroit in Ypsilanti, Michigan

53 months ago

I don't know anything about the school you are referring to, but currently i attend Greater Horizon Institute. This school was a bit unorganized but after the kinks were cleaned out so far I can say I'm learning alot. I will soon do my clinical at Detroit Receiving Hospital as a Patient Care Tech. Later, then my clinical for CNA at a nursing home.

joshuajroberts in Ashtabula, Ohio

51 months ago

This is a growing field and yet I have found it very difficult to find a reputable institution to attend for hemodialysis technician training in Ohio. Owens community college, the largest community college in northwest Ohio is considering offering a hemodialysis program but will need a minimum level of interest before they will offer the program. Is anyone else interested in hemodialysis technician training in nortwestern Ohio?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.