patient care tech and dialysis

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (501 to 524 of 524)
Page:  « First « Previous   8  9  10  11   

Tami in Saint Paul, Minnesota

20 months ago

needtoknowmore in Glenwood, Illinois said: After completing the Dialysis Technician class at Prairie State College last July I still have not been able to get a job!! What other school should I attend or does anyone have any suggestion on what else I should be doing. I have my resume on line with Fresenius and Davita. I have been into all the location in my area, I've even left my resume at many of the clinics and spoken with the managers. Its hard to get experience if no one will hire you! What should be my next move. Thanks in advance for any/all suggestions!

Try to get a job with American Red Cross doing blood drives or any other local affiliate that collects blood for your hospitals.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Charlene in Kennesaw, Georgia

20 months ago

Hey guys,
I completed my classroom training as a Dialysis Tech in March of 2013, but having a hard time finding some where to do my clinicals. Can anyone help?

Charlene

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

old school in Jonesboro, Georgia

19 months ago

Too many People are not doing their homework pertaining to Dialysis Technicians.1 A dialysis patient care technician is not a PCT.The pct name has been used incorrectly FAR TOO LONG.2 We operate dialysis equiptment,monitor patients while they are dialyzed,We check water to ensure that it is safe for patient use WE ARE NOT PCTS WE DO NOT MAKE BEDS GIVE PATIENTS BATHS OR ANY CNA TYPE WORK. We are

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

daneil 1234 in nevada, California

19 months ago

dailysis technician
Principles of hemodialysis and routine aspects of hemodialysis
Knowledge and use of aseptic techniques and standard precautions
Renal physiology and the pathology of renal failure
How to perform and record physical measurements including weight and vital signs both pre, intra, and post treatment
Evaluate and perform vascular access to circulation
Basic body chemistry, fluid, and electrolyte balance
Clinical manifestations of end stage renal disease
Dietary regulation, medication problems, and dialysis
Acute renal failure, dialysis, and kidney transplantation
Diabetes and hemodialysis
Management of quality in dialysis care
Laboratory data: analysis and interpretation

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

daneil 1234 in nevada, California

19 months ago

patient care technician

www.neihusa.com

Fundamentals of Patient Care Technician

Anatomy &Physiology

Medical Terminology & Medical Law and Ethics

U.S Healthcare system & insurance claims, introduction to billing and coding

Asepsis and Infection Control

Introduction and Fundamentals of Pharmacology

Introduction to EKG, Applied EKG, Clinical EKG

Introduction to Phlebotomy, Hematology, Applied Venipuncture, Clinical Phlebotomy

The Medical Laboratory, Laboratory Quality Assurance/Control

Safety in the Medical Laboratory/Lab Hazards

The Microscope, Laboratory Measurements

Chemistry Department, Urinalysis, Clinical Microbiology

HIPAA Compliance and Patient Care Skills

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bernadette hudson in Fort Worth, Texas

18 months ago

nenaluvd in Baltimore, Maryland said: Nenaluvd@yahoo.com.. hi karen i was wondering did u take the test yet and eould u be able to help me..

Hi Karen,

I am a recruiter and I am looking to hire a PCT in the Chevy Chase area. I was wondering if you might know of anyone who is looking? My contact information is below.

Bernadette Hudson
bhudson@usrenalcare.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie in Yonkers, New York

18 months ago

keisha in Palm Bay, Florida said: Hello; I'm a dialysis tech was trained in NY and moved to florida 5yrs ago. I understand it is very hard finding a school that teaches dialysis training. you might have to travel far but it will be well worth it. call the different colleges in your area i'm sure you'll find one. most dialysis companies do want you to have some training before hiring you; the program will probably be 3months. I wish you the best.

Hello Keisha.. I'm wondering what school you went to in NY...Im unable to ones with good reviews

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Chicago, Illinois

17 months ago

highflux in Schiller Park, Illinois said: Hi guys
I just graduate form Jrthro as a dialysis tech and applied in Fresenius.I got two interviews so far and everything went very well in my opinion, and now i have to wait for background check.Any ideas how long it takes?Thanks in advance!

Do you remember if they use an outside company for their pre-employment background checks? If so, who do they use?

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dpatel in Mount Prospect, Illinois

16 months ago

Anonymous in Chicago, Illinois said: Do you remember if they use an outside company for their pre-employment background checks? If so, who do they use?

Thanks.

I also graduated from Jethro 3 years ago and I'm working now as a
Traveling Tech. For background check, they hire an outside company. I remember they also called the school.
Good luck to you!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Love bug in Powell, Ohio

14 months ago

How much does a lpn make working for center for dialysis in cleveland Ohio? They have paid training how much does that pay?? Does anyone know who has worked for them or know someone who has, please help. I'm in cleveland ohio

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Love bug in Tiffin, Ohio

14 months ago

How much does the center for dialysis pay there lpn in cleveland ohio

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Notfunanymore in Colorado Springs, Colorado

13 months ago

I've worked in dialysis for almost 15 years. Left my last job with a local company 4 months ago. Now, I'm finding it hard to find employment. I'd like to move to Pueblo or Canon City, Colorado but the only dialysis company there is Fresenius. I've applied to 4 clinics in both towns and have only gotten one call. I interviewed for the a part time position I'd applied for, but they were looking for a per diem technician. I told them I'm willing to travel, but need a certain number of hours. I am beginning to think they won't call me back, since I do need a steady job. I did ask the lady that interviewed me why it had taken so long for me to even get one call, she said, I'd fallen between the cracks. I'd put in my first "submission" in July, I wasn't called for an interview till October.
If anyone knows how to get your foot in the door with Fresenius Please let us know! This applying online isn't cool nowdays. You don't get to talk to people. Don't have a point of contact and have no way to follow up with anyone. I've worked with DaVita, Satellite and NNA. I sure hope someone has some answers! I've never been unemployed this long and it's pretty scary.......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ronnique Garner in Florissant, Missouri

12 months ago

keisha in Palm Bay, Florida said: Hello; I'm a dialysis tech was trained in NY and moved to florida 5yrs ago. I understand it is very hard finding a school that teaches dialysis training. you might have to travel far but it will be well worth it. call the different colleges in your area i'm sure you'll find one. most dialysis companies do want you to have some training before hiring you; the program will probably be 3months. I wish you the best.

This is very true. I went to training in Phoenix Arizona. The program was 4 months and less than $1000 for the entire program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ronnique Garner in Florissant, Missouri

12 months ago

Notfunanymore in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: I've worked in dialysis for almost 15 years. Left my last job with a local company 4 months ago. Now, I'm finding it hard to find employment. I'd like to move to Pueblo or Canon City , Colorado but the only dialysis company there is Fresenius. I've applied to 4 clinics in both towns and have only gotten one call. I interviewed for the a part time position I'd applied for, but they were looking for a per diem technician. I told them I'm willing to travel, but need a certain number of hours. I am beginning to think they won't call me back, since I do need a steady job. I did ask the lady that interviewed me why it had taken so long for me to even get one call, she said, I'd fallen between the cracks. I'd put in my first "submission" in July, I wasn't called for an interview till October.
If anyone knows how to get your foot in the door with Fresenius Please let us know! This applying online isn't cool nowdays. You don't get to talk to people. Don't have a point of contact and have no way to follow up with anyone. I've worked with DaVita, Satellite and NNA. I sure hope someone has some answers! I've never been unemployed this long and it's pretty scary.......

CALL AND ASK FOR A FACILITY ADMINISTRATOR.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Notfunanymore in Colorado Springs, Colorado

10 months ago

Ronnique Garner in Florissant, Missouri said: CALL AND ASK FOR A FACILITY ADMINISTRATOR .

I've called. I leave messages and my calls don't get returned. It's been almost 8 months of unemployment. This sucks. Now, I'm researching how to be homeless! It's a shame, 15 years of experience gone down the drain.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Martin 7474 in Chicago, Illinois

10 months ago

Notfunanymore in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: I've called. I leave messages and my calls don't get returned. It's been almost 8 months of unemployment. This sucks. Now, I'm researching how to be homeless! It's a shame, 15 years of experience gone down the drain.

This is one of the main reasons I left this field headed to nursing instead at least there I already have a job waiting for me when I get out .. Low pay bad conditions and you get blamed for everything if you don't cover you're ass with paper work.. Just wasn't worth it'snot what I expected.. At least the training helped me for my nursing degree which I'm almost done with thank god .. Rn is the way to go until you finish bsn in nursing simple as that ..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Notfunanymore in Colorado Springs, Colorado

10 months ago

kristen in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: i was wondering how much money was pct making 10 years ago. it seems pct was making the money back then but now not so great..

I made 10.00 to start 15 years ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Notfunanymore in Colorado Springs, Colorado

10 months ago

Martin 7474 in Chicago, Illinois said: This is one of the main reasons I left this field headed to nursing instead at least there I already have a job waiting for me when I get out .. Low pay bad conditions and you get blamed for everything if you don't cover you're ass with paper work.. Just wasn't worth it'snot what I expected.. At least the training helped me for my nursing degree which I'm almost done with thank god .. Rn is the way to go until you finish bsn in nursing simple as that ..

They don't pay worth crap, you're right. You can cover your ass with paperwork and call compliance when policies are being followed and zero tolerance issues aren't addressed, yet there is retaliation for your actions. Left my position in good standing, with notice. Teammates told me the FA and CC were saying I caused enough trouble when I was there...... I didn't cause trouble. I tried to help stop the trouble, couldn't handle it anymore when the issues were constantly brushed under the rug. You report it, they get into trouble and you pay. I'm at my wits end. I can't afford to go back to school. Good luck, Martin 7474! I wish you the best!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Notfunanymore in Colorado Springs, Colorado

10 months ago

Notfunanymore in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: They don't pay worth crap, you're right. You can cover your ass with paperwork and call compliance when policies are being followed and zero tolerance issues aren't addressed, yet there is retaliation for your actions. Left my position in good standing, with notice. Teammates told me the FA and CC were saying I caused enough trouble when I was there...... I didn't cause trouble. I tried to help stop the trouble, couldn't handle it anymore when the issues were constantly brushed under the rug. You report it, they get into trouble and you pay. I'm at my wits end. I can't afford to go back to school. Good luck, Martin 7474! I wish you the best!

"*You can cover your ass with paperwork and call compliance when policies are ***NOT*** being followed and zero tolerance issues aren't addressed, yet there is retaliation for your actions.*"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

raestar1 in Sacramento, California

8 months ago

Hi,Im 21 and currently taking prereques to become a PTA. Since thats going to take a while, I wanted to try to become a tech with davita while I'm in school. I feel like I am wasting my time working at tacobell, barely getting by with crappy hours and pay. I want to HELP people. Thats why Im going into the medical field. I might even stay a tech if I like it. Would it be possible to still attend school while I'm training/working as a tech? Sometimes I sit with my mom during her dialysis at another Davita and chat with the techs and nurses. Some said that going to school would still be very possible, considering I would only work 3 days a week. I am also trying to get in there over the summer because I start the next semester in the fall and that way I can work my classes around my work schedule. I just wanted some more insight from others. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Notfunanymore in Colorado Springs, Colorado

8 months ago

raestar1 in Sacramento, California said: Hi,Im 21 and currently taking prereques to become a PTA. Since thats going to take a while, I wanted to try to become a tech with davita while I'm in school. I feel like I am wasting my time working at tacobell, barely getting by with crappy hours and pay. I want to HELP people. Thats why Im going into the medical field. I might even stay a tech if I like it. Would it be possible to still attend school while I'm training/working as a tech? Sometimes I sit with my mom during her dialysis at another Davita and chat with the techs and nurses. Some said that going to school would still be very possible, considering I would only work 3 days a week. I am also trying to get in there over the summer because I start the next semester in the fall and that way I can work my classes around my work schedule. I just wanted some more insight from others. Thanks!

Don't work at DaVita if you have a good character and use the resources they've in place to ensure patient safety. The environment will rob you of you being. Good luck though. :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DC Tech in Washington, District of Columbia

8 months ago

Been a PCT for 6 years. Generally like what I do but not given adequate raises for area I live in (DC MD VA). When patient population gets low at hospital they balance their budget by sending techs home so you have to use PT to make 40 hours. This sucks financially.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

unbelievable

6 months ago

Martin 7474 in Chicago, Illinois said: This is one of the main reasons I left this field headed to nursing instead at least there I already have a job waiting for me when I get out .. Low pay bad conditions and you get blamed for everything if you don't cover you're ass with paper work.. Just wasn't worth it'snot what I expected.. At least the training helped me for my nursing degree which I'm almost done with thank god .. Rn is the way to go until you finish bsn in nursing simple as that ..

Please tell me about this new grad RN position job you have waiting for you ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tysonal1 in lilburn, Georgia

5 months ago

kristen in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: what is the starting pay up north for a dialysis tech? i know here in GA its between $11.00 and $13.00 seems kinda low!

Hey Kristen,I have a interview at Fresenius do you know what there starting pay is
thanks ..Anita

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   8  9  10  11   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.