patient care tech and dialysis

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 524)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

mika in Carson, California

58 months ago

jethro healthcare school has dialysis program , length of course is roughly about 2-4 months? please check with them www.jethrohealthcareschool.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mika in Carson, California

58 months ago

forgot to tell you that it is in Des Plaines, IL cost is $1,800 nice program, they have clinical too

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

peacemaker in Chicago, Illinois

58 months ago

feds in Lyons, Illinois said: yep triton college has a dialysis program now and one of our CNA's were convincing her to attend.The next class will be on December i think and it will cost you $1000 and meeting is 2X a wk for 2 months and the clinicals is in front of our building in the VA Hines Hospital in Roosevelt road but its a Loyola Dialysis clinic.And im sorry Byron but your going to get $16.50 for starters? pls man! what unit are you going to and we can tell who is your manager and i bet they wont pay you that much if you gonna get more than the ppl who been there for yrs.Fresenius is a cheap ol ass company and anti union, we know them from the back of our hand.We even know personally their managers,regional managers and corporate managers here in illinois.We always tease them whenever we meet in dialysis conventions in downtown and out of state.If its true thought your the luckiest tech in Fresenius and you know what its funny now my buddy here asking me to go to the Fresenius corporate office in Cermak to visit our old pals we trained that are office ppl now, we gonna ask them how much ppl really is the starting.If you are gonna work in DSI yes i will believe you gonna get that but DAVITA and FRESENIUS i doubt it.If you really want seriuos money again apply in hospital based units like-LOYOLA,UofC,UIC,RUSH PRES.VA HOSP.,MT SAINAI,NORTHWESTERN(Acute) and NANI group (National Asso of Nephrology Inst.)or agency that is seriuos money there (MEDSTAFF) agency.In west suburbs Tri city dialysis,Sun health and Silver Cross.

Hi, I am from chicago and I am trying to go into the dialysis field, could you please e-mail me and give me more info. I am currently an C.N.A and I am so burt out and I am not making the kind of money that you have mentioned. I would greatly appreciate any and all info. Thank you and may GOD bless you. My e-mail address is peacemaker5540@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rosemarie in Des Plaines, Illinois

58 months ago

There is a nice school in Des Plaines,- Jethro Healthcare School

They have many students who graduated and took the CCHT Board Exam.

They even help students find job.

You could check their website - www.jethrohealthcareschool.com

I have a friend who graduated and he is now working in Rush Hospital - pay is around $ 18

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

delores in Taylor, Michigan

58 months ago

Itanya Jewell in Detroit, Michigan said: Sorry, but I've been unsuccessful in getting training in this position as well.

Jewell,
Dorsey has just started a Dialysis patient care tech program. I just started the program on September 28th 2009. They only offer the program at their Wayne Campus.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Rochester, Michigan

58 months ago

The training programs offerred by a lot of these vocational tech programs are way overpriced...and that's an understatement! I am a certified clinical hemodialysis technician and I paid $0 but got paid by my employer to go thru the training and then the $150 state exam fee was fronted by my employer too. Training was approximately 9-12 weeks but then you are with a preceptor (an educator/guidance worker) until you are comfortable. I love my job...but it disgusts me when I see places taking advantage of the poor economy charging an astronomical fee for these PCT and CNA classes!! Fresenius and DaVita will hire people with little to no experience if they show ambition and willingness to learn. =) Please be careful paying so much money out to these 'companies' (aka schools/training centers)!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

melonshake in Carson, California

58 months ago

Your lucky, but most employers do not do that anymore. They would rather hire someone with knowledge rather than someone who doesn't. I bet during your time, license is not necessary, now, employers would have to terminate their employees who will not pass the board exam...(in some state)...

Its recession, and companies will not waste their money just to train their newly hired employees who doesnt have experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

melonshake in Carson, California

58 months ago

some courses are really overpriced..but then do you know how much they pay for their teachers? Its 3x-4x of what you make, and they can only have limited students in one class....

Thats the reason....

Compare each school, your just fortunate to be hired by a dialysis center BECAUSE during your time, its not necessary that you have the knowledge and so to be considered for the job, its different now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

chik09 in Palatine, Illinois

58 months ago

Nicole in Rochester, Michigan said: The training programs offerred by a lot of these vocational tech programs are way overpriced...and that's an understatement! I am a certified clinical hemodialysis technician and I paid $0 but got paid by my employer to go thru the training and then the $150 state exam fee was fronted by my employer too. Training was approximately 9-12 weeks but then you are with a preceptor (an educator/guidance worker) until you are comfortable. I love my job...but it disgusts me when I see places taking advantage of the poor economy charging an astronomical fee for these PCT and CNA classes!! Fresenius and DaVita will hire people with little to no experience if they show ambition and willingness to learn. =) Please be careful paying so much money out to these 'companies' (aka schools/training centers)!!

You are one of the lucky few. I am a CNA with 5yrs experience and have applied to countless dialysis centers with no luck. I finally decided to just go for training becoz most places would rather not spend money training someone unless they desperately needed to. 3 friends of mine finished their dialysis training and got jobs within 3 weeks,be in other states thiskind of thing happens, but in illinois if you don't know somebody that can hook u up, u need to get training to spare yourself the hassle.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Numbla in Chicago, Illinois

58 months ago

I hear that they hire at some Veteran hospitals try there. And thy have nursing homes that do Dialysis.There is another company besides Freesenius and Davita I forgot the name. But go online and see what Davita is offering. I'm not a Dialysis Tech I'm in school for nursing now. But I gave up after taking a dialysis training class. Even if yoy can get the Phelebotomy trainng that will help a lot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lavi in Sterling Heights, Michigan

58 months ago

Frank, were you able to find a job after graduating Ross?

Frank in Utica, Michigan said: CONTINUED -
the end was cut off I'm including it here.

Sonia was a wealth of knowledge and offered me suggestions and pointed me toward the “AMGEN Core Curriculum for dialysis technicians” this is the industry standard for basic dialysis instruction and it is FREE by going to the AMGEN web site and

printing it off.
Again this won’t get you hands on experience but it will save you some $ in gaining theory and perhaps you can indicate that you have read the material on your resume.
Sonia course is held in Macon, GA which if any of you are in proximity will definitely want to look into.
I certainly wish I was closer because after talking to her this is the person I would want as a mentor.
And thanks again MARKY in Chicago for your positive input.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

thickhips25 in Orlando, Florida

58 months ago

Does anyone know how much Davita starts there Dialysis techs in Orlando?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Frank in Utica, Michigan

58 months ago

Yes. I currently work PRN for Concentra and full time for Fressenius.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Frank in Utica, Michigan

58 months ago

Can anyone tell me of any CCHT sample test sources, hopefully free. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Rochester, Michigan

58 months ago

Frank in Utica, Michigan said: Can anyone tell me of any CCHT sample test sources, hopefully free. Thanks.

Frank, here is the website to the study guide that I used before I (and passed!) my exam.

Hope it helps!

www.meiresearch.org/core_curriculum.php

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

chik09 in Palatine, Illinois

58 months ago

Numbla in Chicago, Illinois said: I hear that they hire at some Veteran hospitals try there. And thy have nursing homes that do Dialysis.There is another company besides Freesenius and Davita I forgot the name. But go online and see what Davita is offering. I'm not a Dialysis Tech I'm in school for nursing now. But I gave up after taking a dialysis training class. Even if yoy can get the Phelebotomy trainng that will help a lot.

Just curious...what made you give up?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

feds in Oak Park, Illinois

58 months ago

Numbla in Chicago, Illinois said: I hear that they hire at some Veteran hospitals try there. And thy have nursing homes that do Dialysis.There is another company besides Freesenius and Davita I forgot the name. But go online and see what Davita is offering. I'm not a Dialysis Tech I'm in school for nursing now. But I gave up after taking a dialysis training class. Even if yoy can get the Phelebotomy trainng that will help a lot.
Here in VA Hines they stopped hiring for now we just got 2 techs
the good thing is one of them is an ofiicer of NANT and the other one is 10yrs exp of Acute and subacute dialysis.For other companies here in illinois is DSI the rest is hospital based dialysis.If i were you try to apply in a hospital based dialysis just try it without exp. sometimes its up to the person how they sell themselves during a informal interview.Westside VA try there or Loyola,University of Chicago,UIC.If your on the west Suburbs try tri cities dialysis on in Aurora near fox valley mall and the other besides Delnor hosp.the south suburbs is in Silvercross and the other in Sunhealth dialysis.In Chicago downtown i think St Mary,Mt Sinai,Illinois Masonic the rest i need to ask some of my colleages.I hope this info will help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Shevonne in Snellville, Georgia

58 months ago

mary blackmon in Chicago, Illinois said: i work at a hospital and I 've been trained as a clinical partner who does the same work as a patient Care Tech 9drawing blood and doing EKG's) is there any places in Chicago where i could get training to work as a Dialysis technican?

URGENT! Can someone give me an idea, briefly, of what an 8-hour day consists of (in a hospital) working as a PCT. Like, from the monent you clock in, what's next, do you make rounds like a nurse and have regular duties, or are you placed on one or two job functions, like doing all the EKGs or drawing blood? Please feel free to e-mail me @shevonnecjohnson1@yahoo.com. Thanks loads!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

feds in Oak Park, Illinois

58 months ago

Shevonne in Snellville, Georgia said: URGENT! Can someone give me an idea, briefly, of what an 8-hour day consists of (in a hospital) working as a PCT. Like, from the monent you clock in, what's next, do you make rounds like a nurse and have regular duties, or are you placed on one or two job functions, like doing all the EKGs or drawing blood? Please feel free to e-mail me @shevonnecjohnson1@yahoo.com. Thanks loads!
It depends what kind of hospital you at and what kind of unit/floor are you working ICU? subacute?recovery?MS floor? GU or GI? ER is busy as a PCT But usually V/S,blood draw in some hospitals,EKG or assisting the nurse in some needs while he/she is doing Nursing Assessment that includes from V/S to preparing equipment and patient in a procedure.But i think its what the hospital and the units Policy and procedures and how they hired you and what is your job description when you signed that paper.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Shevonne in Lawrenceville, Georgia

58 months ago

Thanks soooo much for your speedy response. You've helped me tremendously!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Rebecca in Redwood City, California

57 months ago

Hello
I am looking to get into the Dialysis Tech field. I will be taking a Medical Assisting/phlebotomy training in January 2010, that will last about four months. From there I would like to apply to a Dialysis Tech job or further my training in Dialysis. Does anyone know of a Dialysis Training school in the Bay Area? Or should I take my chances and apply after I become a Medical Assistant? I have heard different things about DAVITA and FRESENIUS, I would not mind started at one of those facilities to get experiences though....please give me your input...Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Leandrea in Chicago Heights, Illinois

57 months ago

793 in Chicago, Illinois said:

if youd like something closer to orland Prarie State College has a program in chicago heights. its a 12wk course meets 2 days a week for 3 1/2 hrs. its a $1000 dollars including textbooks, and the BONET exam is based off the texts used. Im Taking my Final next week and I loved the class...

Hope i Helped

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

tess in Wheeling, Illinois

57 months ago

Thank you for your advise to go to Jethro Healthcare School.I am now studying there and graduating this December.

Most of their graduate students passed the CCHT Board
Exam last Sept 2009.

Teachers were great as well as the Administrator.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

feds in Chicago, Illinois

57 months ago

Ok ppl whoevers out there who live in the Chicago land area city or Suburbs i heard straight from the source that in the dialysis unit itself that the VA Hines dialysis is hiring 2 Technicians right now you can log to USAjobs.gov or VAcareers.gov to apply.Their title is not Dialysis Technicians if your going to look its Medical Instrument Technicians (Hemodialysis).So if you want good pay and great benefits from the government apply now before the time ends.Or you can go to the Human Resources inside the campus the VA hines is beside Loyola Hospital in Maywood in Roosevelt rd and 1st ave.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mki in Des Plaines, Illinois

56 months ago

thanks Jethro I passed the CCHT Board Exam last Sept 19 and is now hired in Freseenius . I will be starting on Dec 1st.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

keessss in Palm Bay, Florida

56 months ago

Hello, I'm getting ready to take the CCHT board exam. Can you please tell me what book you study from??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

nancy in Arlington Heights, Illinois

56 months ago

Try to go to JETHRO HEALTHCARE SCHOOL , they offer Dialysis Board Exam Review Classes. My friend Tess, took it and she passed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

keessss in Palm Bay, Florida

56 months ago

I'm already a tech- and I also live in fl.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

DivaGirl55 in Chicago, Illinois

56 months ago

Hey I know it's been nine months since your posting but I'm interested in becoming a Dialysis Tech but I don't want to go to Malcom X because they only have a 2 year degree program and I just want to get me certification. So do you think if I go some where to get PCT training I could get a job as a Dialysis Tech? Please let me know. Thank You!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Pheeba in Carson, California

56 months ago

Go to www.jethrohealthcareschool.com . They have a really good Dialysis Tech program, its only 2 months. I took DIalysis Tech course in that school when I was in Chicago....its worth it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

yaree in Pontiac, Michigan

56 months ago

Andrea in Rochester, Michigan said: I'm a current employee. I've been there over 2 years. I make roughly $14.25/hr.

hi andrea i recently had an interview at davita, I was wondering what's the starting pay..thanks in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

nurseblue in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

55 months ago

chik09 in Palatine, Illinois said: So do u have any idea on what the real starting pay at Fresenius is?

Yes! The starting wage is about 11:15 without experience at Fresenius! Believe me, its not worth it! Its a physical job and we need more money!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

FutureNurse in Wilmington, Delaware

55 months ago

Can anyone who has attended Fresenius' training course for a Dialysis Tech position tell me how many hours a day you had to attend and what were the hours ex: 8am-5pm? Thanks in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Andrea in Rochester, Michigan

55 months ago

It was 8am-4pm and classroom was powerpoint/lecture--and then one day a week was spent in the clinic setting, setting up dialysis machines and observing...we were then moved to our 'home clinics' for that one day a week. =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

nurseblue in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

55 months ago

The training course for pct is at clinics in Pitts is 6-230 for lecture for the first week and then 6-230 for clinical and lecture soemtimes it is 4-12 it all depends on teh instructor and clinic.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tess in Wheeling, Illinois

55 months ago

the best school for Dialysis is Jethro Healthcare School - they have more than 100 students who attended the program and graduated. They even help them for the Board Exam and find jobs.

My friends and I graduated from their program last July and passed the Board Exam. My friend is now in Renal Care Dialysis Group, one is in DSI and the other one is in Freseenius.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

yaree allen in Pontiac, Michigan

55 months ago

Andrea in Rochester, Michigan said: It was 8am-4pm and classroom was powerpoint/lecture--and then one day a week was spent in the clinic setting, setting up dialysis machines and observing...we were then moved to our 'home clinics' for that one day a week. =)

Is there annual raises there and whats the start rate

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

criminal girl in Mckinney, Texas

55 months ago

i am a cna and work at a hospital in dallas tx. i have a criminal record aggravated assault and i would like to become a dialysis tech and i would like to know is there anyone out there that can tell me where i might get some training, my record is for defending myself from an abusive spouse. apparently you can not defend yourself. you are suppose to just take a beat down. so help if you can thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tina in Dolton, Illinois

55 months ago

shadale2555 in Chicago, Illinois said: HEY,
THANKS stealsyndrome in Hines, Illinois AND feds in Hines, Illinois. YOU GUYS ARE REALLY GOOD HELP. DID ANYONE OF YOU GET YOUR TRAINING FROM MALCOLM X COLLEGE? I START CLASS IN THE SUMMER. IT'S A TWO SEMESTER PROGRAM. AND IF I WANT I CAN GET MY ASSOCIATES IN APPLIED SCIENCE AS A NEPHROLOGHY. i DECIDED TO DO THE 2 SEMESTER PROGRAM BECAUSE I'M GOING TO SCHOOL FOR A RN ALSO. I JUST WANTED TO START WORKING IN THE MEDICAL FIELD FIRST. I HOPE IT ISN'T HARD FINDING A JOB! IM SO EXCITED, THANKS AGAIN YOU GUYS:)

Hello im new to this site, but i have been reading you guys comments and wanted to know did you attend malcolm x if so how was the program? I will be attending in fall 2010 and im kind of scared. because of what you here people say. do you know whats the difference between 1yr vs 2yr i know the degress but is it worth it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

feds in Libertyville, Illinois

54 months ago

Tina in Dolton, Illinois said: Hello im new to this site, but i have been reading you guys comments and wanted to know did you attend malcolm x if so how was the program? I will be attending in fall 2010 and im kind of scared. because of what you here people say. do you know whats the difference between 1yr vs 2yr i know the degress but is it worth it?

Hi! tina i worked with ppl who graduated and taught dialysis in Malcolm X its ok you will learn a lot the difference is others go to a 4-6wk program that is fine but they concentrate more on hemodialysis.but where you are going your studying the whole concept and comprehensive study of the kidney and dialysis,what do i mean by that for example like what i said Hemodialysis and the rest like Peritoneal dialysis,Kidney transplant,(Aphoresis and Plasma phoresis)for nurses only,DI water and microsampling,KT/V computations and acid base balance for starters but the best of all you have an asso. degree and Malcolm X is well known in the nation producing Dialysis Technologist not techinician.But if you graduate here and looking for a job of what you have i would suggest that anyway you live here in illinois or let say you decided to go out of state, going to FRESENIUS,DSI and RCG(renal care group) make it your last resort for applying for work.Apply in hospital based dilaysis like University of Illinois,UIC,Loyola,Northwestern U.,Veterans Hospital to name a few they pay way better than those companies why am i saying that bc the ceiling pay for those companies and ppl who worked there for yrs wont even touch our starting pay for e.g. here in veterans Hosp have you ever seen a technologist been paid 1$ less than an RN working in fresenius.By the way if you graduated in Malcolm they let you take the BONNENT right away so all their grads a certified BONNENT passers already.So goodluck on your schooling.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tina in Dolton, Illinois

54 months ago

feds in Libertyville, Illinois said: Hi! tina i worked with ppl who graduated and taught dialysis in Malcolm X its ok you will learn a lot the difference is others go to a 4-6wk program that is fine but they concentrate more on hemodialysis.but where you are going your studying the whole concept and comprehensive study of the kidney and dialysis,what do i mean by that for example like what i said Hemodialysis and the rest like Peritoneal dialysis,Kidney transplant,(Aphoresis and Plasma phoresis)for nurses only,DI water and microsampling,KT/V computations and acid base balance for starters but the best of all you have an asso. degree and Malcolm X is well known in the nation producing Dialysis Technologist not techinician.But if you graduate here and looking for a job of what you have i would suggest that anyway you live here in illinois or let say you decided to go out of state, going to FRESENIUS,DSI and RCG(renal care group) make it your last resort for applying for work.Apply in hospital based dilaysis like University of Illinois,UIC,Loyola,Northwestern U.,Veterans Hospital to name a few they pay way better than those companies why am i saying that bc the ceiling pay for those companies and ppl who worked there for yrs wont even touch our starting pay for e.g. here in veterans Hosp have you ever seen a technologist been paid 1$ less than an RN working in fresenius.By the way if you graduated in Malcolm they let you take the BONNENT right away so all their grads a certified BONNENT passers already.So goodluck on your schooling.

Thanks for that info. It really helps me alot in making a chose of which school and what to look forward to in that field. Thanks a bunch!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CAROL in Des Plaines, Illinois

54 months ago

My boyfriend an I went to Jethro Healthcare School for CNA and Dialysis Tech last October to Dec 2009.

I would just like to take this opportunity to THANK - Jethro, my instructors, the Administrator who helped me and my boyfriend Boobie to find a job. I will be starting this February.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Aquastingray in Tipp City, Ohio

54 months ago

I have a bad back and got approved for retraining to DO jobs without heavy lifting. I want to work in the medical field, I love helping people in need. CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF MEDICAL ASSISTANT OR DIALYSIS TECHNICIAN CAREERS WOULD BE GOOD FOR ME CONSIDERING I HAVE A BAD BACK. ANY FEEDBACK WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

nurseblue in Mckeesport, Pennsylvania

54 months ago

I don't think Dialysisi tech would be good for you with your back. There is heavy lifting with the bicarb jugs, acid jugs and possibly patients. I hurt my back at work and still having problems. I was on light duty but still doing everything but the lifting part. Now since I am back on full duty, my back is hurting me from lifting. Medical assistant may be the better choice. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Aquastingray in Tipp City, Ohio

54 months ago

Thanks for the info. I hope your back gets better!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Aquastingray in Tipp City, Ohio

54 months ago

keisha in Palm Bay, Florida said: Hi,
No it's not hard to become a dialysis tech. I enjoyed working as a tech but after the birth of my baby, i decided dialysis wasn't paying enough in FL so i decided to go back to school for nursing. Dialysis tech is very easy is simple you will love it. good luck!

Hello

Do Dialysis Technicians have to lift heavy object or people?
I have a bad back. Thanks if you could give me some insight!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

limeshaded99 in Carson, California

54 months ago

I think its the CCHT that allows you to take the exam after completing training with laboratory instruction. For BONENT they require Dialysis Tech Clinical experience.

There's another school in Illinois and you may want to inquire with them too. The school name is Jethro Healthcare School. I went there for my CNA and Dialysis TEch, they have graduates (including me) that have already passed the CCHT board exam and are now working in big Dialysis centers. CCHT exam is actually held in their campus. And also, my Dialysis teacher is a manager in one of the biggest Chronic Dialysis Center in Chicagoland (id rather not tell the name) and my other instructor is the manager of Acute Dialysis manager of one of the biggest hospitals in Chicago (where Malcolm X hold their training classes). So I think they have better edge since the managers of these big Dialysis centers would actually teach you and hire you( my teacher was looking for Dialysis techs to work for Loyo** Hosp. unfortunately I moved back to CA). And of course, 2 months of training is far better than long months of training in other schools.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

feds in Maywood, Illinois

54 months ago

limeshaded99 in Carson, California said: I think its the CCHT that allows you to take the exam after completing training with laboratory instruction. For BONENT they require Dialysis Tech Clinical experience.

There's another school in Illinois and you may want to inquire with them too. The school name is Jethro Healthcare School. I went there for my CNA and Dialysis TEch, they have graduates (including me) that have already passed the CCHT board exam and are now working in big Dialysis centers. CCHT exam is actually held in their campus. And also, my Dialysis teacher is a manager in one of the biggest Chronic Dialysis Center in Chicagoland (id rather not tell the name) and my other instructor is the manager of Acute Dialysis manager of one of the biggest hospitals in Chicago (where Malcolm X hold their training classes). So I think they have better edge since the managers of these big Dialysis centers would actually teach you and hire you( my teacher was looking for Dialysis techs to work for Loyo** Hosp. unfortunately I moved back to CA). And of course, 2 months of training is far better than long months of training in other schools.


Your manager i bet is either from Davita or DSI bec Jehtro waht ive learned is from western suburbs and that is the teritory of DSI/DAVITA and the manager from chicago i bet is from UIC across Malcolm X and yes our counter part across the street is looking for people in Loyola dialysis good pay though compare working to a big company like DSI Davita and Fresenius.BONNENT is more harder compare to CCHT actually not putting down the ppl from FRESENIUS but FMC chose CCHT bc they tried way back on BONNENT and a lot of ppl didnt pass even from Loyola the problem in BONNENT they still asked questions about REUSE and some medications and CPR ones in a while.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

nurseblue in Mckeesport, Pennsylvania

54 months ago

I wish Fresenius would do away with mixing all that!!! It is very hard on the back! We do get some acids in milk jugs but must transfer into bigger jugs and continue to fill them with the acid from milk jugs! we have a standard acid in the wall but I swear everyone of our patients has an acid that isn't in the wall! As for the bicarb that would be wonderful that way you don't have to mix in teh sds! What's this about plasma phoresis? tell me more!

thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

nurseblue in Mckeesport, Pennsylvania

54 months ago

and the recirculating study!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.