What are typical patient care technician salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 62 of 62)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

Natasha

6 months ago

Unless you want to stay in psych, I suggest people get there LPN because job options are limited I think. Now if you get your LVN, there are many options outside of nursing homes. Like case management, patient care coordinator, ventilization and going to patients homes. I know a LVN is case management and is a manager making 90K. You just have to think outside the box than the typical "nursing home" BTW I'm based in souethern california.
QUOTE who="Di in Tampa, Florida"]Hey Tigger, was just wondering the pay for St. Joes haha and you answered it! I'm actually an LPN but do not want to do that anymore because all I can do is nursing homes, home care and Assisted Living. I know I would have to take a pay cut but I just want to get into a hospital again without having to go get my RN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Natasha

6 months ago

I plan on going to school this year to get my LVN. I've been a CNA for five years and want to advance. I also plan on networking and seeking a case management shadow experience. It today's economy,you have to great opportunities for yourself and not wait. Especially if you aren't a RN. Also check out a website called:
ALLNURSES.com

Its an active nurse forum from people all over the world with great nurse information and can help anyone on here. :)

Di in Tampa, Florida

6 months ago

Natasha said: I plan on going to school this year to get my LVN. I've been a CNA for five years and want to advance. I also plan on networking and seeking a case management shadow experience. It today's economy,you have to great opportunities for yourself and not wait. Especially if you aren't a RN. Also check out a website called:
ALLNURSES.com

Its an active nurse forum from people all over the world with great nurse information and can help anyone on here. :)

Hey Natasha, whatever you do, do NOT get an LPN license. Get the 4 yr. RN if you can.

Natasha

6 months ago

I appreciate the advice and trust me I am NOT.
I already work at a pysch/ chemical dependency rehab hospital and I enjoy it but also looking to see what else is out there :) I have
Previous experience training new employees and also volunteered at the hospital on projects with the DON. Management as a LVN is what I'm "striving" for at this moment. I really don't want to become a RN. The money is good but it isn't me.

Di in Tampa, Florida said: Hey Natasha, whatever you do, do NOT get an LPN license. Get the 4 yr. RN if you can.

Di in Tampa, Florida

6 months ago

But I thought you said you were not going for your LPN? I'm a tad confused. An LVN is the same thing. Or are you ALREADY an LVN?

Di in Tampa, Florida

6 months ago

Ohhhh, okay, bless your heart, good that you are taking care of YOU. This is a very scary world we live in now. It's us against the world, with God on our side of course hehe. Always wanted to try mental health but no one will give me the chance ugh, especially since I don't know the EMR yet ugh. So tempted to drop down to a PCT just to get into a hospital and interact with patients and not have to shove a pill in their mouth and walk out. Everyone is rushed and busy though so that may never change ugh, but nice to meet you!

Natasha

6 months ago

I appreciate the advice and trust me I am NOT.
I already work at a pysch/ chemical dependency rehab hospital and I enjoy it but also looking to see what else is out there :) I have
Previous experience training new employees and also volunteered at the hospital on projects with the DON. Management as a LVN is what I'm "striving" for at this moment. I really don't want to become a RN. The money is good but it isn't me.

Di in Tampa, Florida said: Hey Natasha, whatever you do, do NOT get an LPN license. Get the 4 yr. RN if you can.

Natasha

6 months ago

:). Nice to meet you too. Sorry I realized my phone had replied the same message. Lol *typo*
Anywhoo, I agree it is scary. Healthcare industry is so busy trying to "save money" and less about staff "safety" its super sad. Its our license/certification on the line. And the place I work at I had zero mental health exp but my mom used to work there (she's a RN) and got me in. If I were you, I will still apply for a mental health job if that's what your interested. :) never give up. We need more compassionate nurses and people who care. I never worked at a hospital and applied billions of times lol
I still haven't gave up and applied per diem route. But if I don't get in, I look at God has something better for me.

Di in Tampa, Florida said: Ohhhh, okay, bless your heart, good that you are taking care of YOU. This is a very scary world we live in now. It's us against the world, with God on our side of course hehe. Always wanted to try mental health but no one will give me the chance ugh, especially since I don't know the EMR yet ugh. So tempted to drop down to a PCT just to get into a hospital and interact with patients and not have to shove a pill in their mouth and walk out. Everyone is rushed and busy though so that may never change ugh, but nice to meet you!

tdyas

3 months ago

I'm from Louisiana and I would like to know how much the hourly salary are mainly in Shreveport to be a pct entry level no prior experience

Johanna in Ontario, California

2 months ago

Di in Tampa, Florida said: Hey Tigger, was just wondering the pay for St. Joes haha and you answered it! I'm actually an LPN but do not want to do that anymore because all I can do is nursing homes, home care and Assisted Living . I know I would have to take a pay cut but I just want to get into a hospital again without having to go get my RN.

Hi tigger please email me because we are in similar situations.my email is seekingthebuddha@gmail.com

Johanna

2 months ago

Di in Tampa, Florida said: Ohhhh, okay, bless your heart, good that you are taking care of YOU. This is a very scary world we live in now. It's us against the world, with God on our side of course hehe. Always wanted to try mental health but no one will give me the chance ugh, especially since I don't know the EMR yet ugh. So tempted to drop down to a PCT just to get into a hospital and interact with patients and not have to shove a pill in their mouth and walk out. Everyone is rushed and busy though so that may never change ugh, but nice to meet you!

Di please email me at seekingthebuddha@gmail.com I am also a burnt out LPN who would love to get back into the hospital.setting.

Johanna

2 months ago

Johanna in Ontario, California said: Hi tigger please email me because we are in similar situations.my email is seekingthebuddha@gmail.com

Sorry tigger ,meant to ask Di to email me.

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.