What do you enjoy most about your payroll representative career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being a payroll representative? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

shenaniganz in Deltona, Florida

106 months ago

I like the some of the clients that I deal with - the company that I work for provides payroll for the construction industry. You spend much of your day on the phone (which I hate) but it's not so bad... some of the clients are a pain in the *** when you try to explain certain things regarding their payroll (such as work comp and taxes) and they just don't get it!! :) They can be very rude... but that doesn't happen too often. Other than the phone you are on the computer all day processing payroll hours for the clients. The system that we use to process payroll is easy to use, but there are many different areas to do different things... I've been in my position for 1.5 yrs and I am still learning things about our system.

My company gives its employees opportunity to advance and move into other positions when they open, if an employee is interested in doing so. I have been in 3 different positions in the 5.5 years I have been with my company and I enjoy my job very much as a pay rep. I also like the people I work with so that makes my job even more enjoyable.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.