Legitimate Employers

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Alli in Lincoln, Nebraska

75 months ago

I have taken personal assistant/nanny jobs for families in my area in the past. I am interested in traveling to take a new position, however, I am concerned about the legitimacy of potential employers. Is there any way to tell what I'm getting myself into beforehand? I am an incredibly outgoing, hard-working, and skilled individual, but I still worry I will end up in an undesirable position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

veronica in Manado, Indonesia

75 months ago

Is there a chance that we might be working togather?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Alli in Lincoln, Nebraska

75 months ago

No

Rose in Brooklyn, New York

74 months ago

The best way for you find a PA/Nanny position is to go online and look for agencies for the particular area you are looking to relocate to.
If you were going to relocate to New York, you could search the web for New York Nanny/PA agencies. Here in NYC they screen the applicants as well as the families that are looking for a Nanny/PA. This is the best way to search for that particular type of position. The NYC agencies need to be licensed and bonded. They will protect the nanny applicant and the agency makes sure that the family is legitimate by making them complete an application and a job description.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

mary

54 months ago

Alli in Lincoln, Nebraska said: I have taken personal assistant/nanny jobs for families in my area in the past. I am interested in traveling to take a new position, however, I am concerned about the legitimacy of potential employers. Is there any way to tell what I'm getting myself into beforehand? I am an incredibly outgoing, hard-working, and skilled individual, but I still worry I will end up in an undesirable position.

Go with your gut feelings. There is always a chance that employers may not be what they appear, ask your employers for a trial run. If you are there for a week or a month, you should get an idea of the family dynamics.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.