Got hired @ Chase, worried about background check - need your input

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 91 of 91)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

Jen Lopez in Jensen Beach, Florida

34 months ago

WorriedLouisiana in Monroe, Louisiana said: Did you get hired? I passed everything, but still waiting on fingerprints results. Its driving me insane! I start Tuesday....hopefully

No they took back the offer and I'm having the same issue at another bank that just hired me. Chase said I lied on the application but in all honesty I completely forgot it was so long ago. I was honest with this bank but HR said they may not be able to hire me I'm still waiting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kaymac in Springfield, Missouri

29 months ago

Mickey in Houston, Texas said: They're only worried about theft records. I have assault on my record and still got hired at the call center .

I am going through the background check now. What do they look for? I have no criminal stuff just horrible credit due to my divorce and not being able to get ahead and pay the stuff. I want this job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Hiredatchase in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

27 months ago

Kaymac in Springfield, Missouri said: I am going through the background check now. What do they look for? I have no criminal stuff just horrible credit due to my divorce and not being able to get ahead and pay the stuff. I want this job.

Did you get hired? I have horrible credit and fingerprints and as you can see by my user name what my outcome was!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Chase in Garland, Texas

24 months ago

I am applying for Chase for the teller position when i was 16 i was charged for theft and im wondering if that will come up when i apply, please let me know!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Katy, Texas

24 months ago

I was arrested for drug possession 2 years ago and chase call center asked me to send a disposition letter will I get hired?? I'm still pending on that but I'm not getting convicted since the vehicle wasn't mine and the drug wasn't mine Either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Gma802014 in Mooresville, North Carolina

22 months ago

A petition was started in regards to this very issue. This was due to personal circumstances where I was let go from a banking job after 15 years of employment due to a misdemeanor conviction from more than 20 years ago. Please go to change.org or follow the link below and sign the petition so we can enact change. This law is too stringent and allows zero flexibility where hiring is concerned. SPREAD THE WORD and let's try to change this statue so those of us that have this issue don't pay for our youthful indiscretions for the rest of our lives.

www.change.org/p/richard-burr-and-kay-hagan-revise-current-12-usc-1829-sec-19-safe-act-statute-to-automatically-grant-exclusion-of-misdemeanors-20-years-or-older

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shell Shock in Eugene, Oregon

21 months ago

Hiredatchase in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Did you get hired? I have horrible credit and fingerprints and as you can see by my user name what my outcome was!

What was your position at Chase? I see on the PB job posting it says they do check credit for "financial responsibility", because of the Dodd act. So if my credit is bad, they won't hire me as a PB?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

pedro in Cypress, Texas

21 months ago

I been trying to get a teller position for about a year and I never get hired :(..would be nice if someone help me in

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Patty in Gilbert, Arizona

18 months ago

I don't think something at 16 would be available!!! I hope it works out for you!!!

18 months ago

Jen Lopez in Jensen Beach, Florida said: Got hired by Chase . Went through the drug test, background check, employment nd school verification everything passed. My fingerprints came up with a petty larceny misdemeanor from 17 years ago. Will this affect me from getting the job?

More than likely...

You can sign this petition to keep honest hard working people from getting fired or not hired because of this law!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bnr617 in Orlando, Florida

17 months ago

Hi I was convicted of petty theft three years ago but was never fingerprinted and had no idea until I tried to get a new job will this come back on a fingerprint test and prevent me from getting a new job? Please give me answers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

betty said: i have recently applied for chase bank and got a phone screening but i have a misdmeanor for fighting in 1999 13 years ago and was arrested and went to jail. they then took my fingerprints for stealing at jcpenny and they took my fingerprints, will this affect me?
Well I was arrested for shoplifting and using a CC for $156 that was not mine (all merchandise was returned) I didn't get my arraignment for 28 days and couldn't afford to post bail because of me being in jail for more than 3 days Chase rescinded the job offer. I received time served and 3 years probation back in 1989 and this record was actually expunged in 2010. Because I was in jail for more than 3 days..like I said the took the job back. There is a petition out there through change.org..just, if you care to sign so that good people don't continue to get punished for something so far back in the past. That was the first and last time getting into any trouble. I hope this helps.
t

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nervous wreck in Darien, Illinois

17 months ago

In 1991, when I was 17year old, I was arrested and charged with petty theft. I was given a 2 year probation and had the charges expunged. I applied for a compliance position with Chase. The fingerprints showed the arrest. I was honest on my on boarding application and when asked, I sent the disposition /expungement that was signed by the judge promptly. I'm a nervous wreck because they asked for my disposition a week ago and its still under review. I am to start next week. Do you think they will rescind my offer for something that happened that long ago? To make it even worse, I stole a pair of panty hose. How stupid!

terry in Livonia, Michigan

17 months ago

Hiredatchase in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Did you get hired? I have horrible credit and fingerprints and as you can see by my user name what my outcome was!

I am wondering the same?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

terry in Livonia, Michigan said: I am wondering the same?

I got an email late yesterday giving the all clear to start on Monday. What a relief! This was the most nerve racking experience ever and I hope that all of you find employment. Remember, what is for you, no one can take from you - so keep your heads up!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

terry in Livonia, Michigan

17 months ago

wow! no kidding- can't believe it took them that long. congratulations to you and best of luck. do you know if the length of time was due to the new Dodd Frank employment screening? my recruiter told me that could take two weeks. which is scary bc of having to give notice at a current job and then who knows what will happen at the end of their screening! you never know I guess.

17 months ago

terry in Livonia, Michigan said: wow! no kidding- can't believe it took them that long. congratulations to you and best of luck. do you know if the length of time was due to the new Dodd Frank employment screening? my recruiter told me that could take two weeks. which is scary bc of having to give notice at a current job and then who knows what will happen at the end of their screening! you never know I guess.

Thank you! I really don't know if is due to the new Dodd Frank employment screening. Try not to worry like I did. Reading all of the postings about other people's experiences surely had me thinking doom and gloom. It did take them 1 1/2 weeks to get back to me. Keep us posted on your outcome.

Kemet God in Avondale, Arizona

17 months ago

Read section 19 in regards to the FDIC regulatory practices. De Minimis Rule: Automatic Consent: The SOP maintains the FDIC’s previous requirement that an application seeking the FDIC’s consent must be filed by an insured depository institution, except as noted in the comment below under Written Application for FDIC Consent. However, the SOP provides that consent is automatically granted and application will not be required where the covered offense is considered de minimis because it meets all of the following criteria:
• There is only one conviction or program entry of record for a covered offense; and
• the offense was punishable by imprisonment for a term of one year or less and/or a fine of $1,000 or less, and
the individual did not serve jail time; and
• the conviction or program was entered at least five years before the application; and
• the offense did not involve an insured depository institution or insured credit union. An offense based on the issuing of insufficient fund checks (bad checks) in an aggregate face value of $1,000 or less where no insured depository institution or insured credit union was a payee on any of the checks, will be considered as not involving an insured depository institution or insured credit union.
In addition, the SOP requires that any person who meets these criteria must be covered by a fidelity bond to the same extent as others in similar positions. A person availing themselves of the automatic consent under this provision will disclose the presence of the conviction or program to which they have claimed such consent pursuant to the de minimis criteria to all insured depository institutions in whose affairs such person will participate. If an insured depository institution or person avails themselves of the criteria, documentation should be maintained to should maintain to support the de minimis nature of the covered crime(s)

This is an excerpt. This is what major banks use when conducting screenings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

Also, this particular ruling was passed in an attempt to crackdown and to regulate the big banks fraudulent activities, however it's doing more damage to the common stiffs then the big executives. Please do remember that you can apply for a waiver through the FDIC so you can continue or begin your career in the banking industry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

I'm also in the early stages of my interview process with BoA, and I have a shoplifting misdemeanor under 100$

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

KIM in Rockford, Illinois

15 months ago

Kim in Katy, Texas said: I was arrested for drug possession 2 years ago and chase call center asked me to send a disposition letter will I get hired?? I'm still pending on that but I'm not getting convicted since the vehicle wasn't mine and the drug wasn't mine Either.

I'm in the same situation. Did you get hired?????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tizyman in columbia, South Carolina

15 months ago

Mark1969 in Milpitas, California said: Hello I recently applied for a PB position at Chase but I have a theft conviction from when I was 17, which was 15 years ago. Will they hold it against me in the background check?
Could I possibly get hired and then let go if they find out after?

Was it expunged and did you get hired?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jess in California

13 months ago

DONT APPLY FOR CHASE! Im a current employee seriously look for something else this is not a company you want to work for

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Yon in Miami, Florida

9 months ago

I just got an offer for a teller position with Chase. I accepted it but I'm worry because I filed for BK. I never being arrested in live or have any legal problems,would this keep me from getting hire.

Becky in Arlington, Virginia

9 months ago

Hi! I am supposed to start my position in 5 days. I got an e-mail yesterday asking to send over dispositions for 2 charges I dealt with in the past.

I am worried because one of those charges was from when I was 17 years old. I was caught shoplifting a $20 shirt. I thought that would be sealed since I was a minor. Wondering your opinion on if they would hold that against me --- with me being 17 at the time and with it being over 9 years ago.

Any insight helps! Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Becky in Arlington, Virginia

9 months ago

Nervous wreck in Darien, Illinois said: In 1991, when I was 17year old, I was arrested and charged with petty theft. I was given a 2 year probation and had the charges expunged. I applied for a compliance position with Chase . The fingerprints showed the arrest. I was honest on my on boarding application and when asked, I sent the disposition /expungement that was signed by the judge promptly. I'm a nervous wreck because they asked for my disposition a week ago and its still under review. I am to start next week. Do you think they will rescind my offer for something that happened that long ago? To make it even worse, I stole a pair of panty hose. How stupid!

Did you get the job. I am in a similar situation. Arrested as a minor for stealing a $20 shirt 9 years ago!

brb_scgg in Miamisburg, Ohio

8 months ago

Hey guys! I just recently had an interview with PNC Bank for a teller position. The interview went great and both of my references said that when the recruiter contacted them, they were told that I would most likely receive a job offer. However I have 2 theft misdemeanors on my record but I was never arrested I just had to pay fines. I also didn't mention it on my resume. Do you think I'll still get the job?

Nervous as a wreck in Cicero, Illinois

8 months ago

Becky in Arlington, Virginia said: Did you get the job. I am in a similar situation. Arrested as a minor for stealing a $20 shirt 9 years ago!

Sorry for the delay in my response but yes, I did get the job. Did you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nervous as a wreck in Cicero, Illinois

8 months ago

brb_scgg in Miamisburg, Ohio said: Hey guys! I just recently had an interview with PNC Bank for a teller position. The interview went great and both of my references said that when the recruiter contacted them, they were told that I would most likely receive a job offer. However I have 2 theft misdemeanors on my record but I was never arrested I just had to pay fines. I also didn't mention it on my resume. Do you think I'll still get the job?

Not sure how it is on your record but no arrest. However, I think you should be okay. I think it depends on the length of time that has passed since the offense. I'm not a lawyer so I have no idea if that is a fact, but I was hired for a job with similar charges and arrested. Always tell the truth on an application. You have no idea how many people have made mistakes in the past. Good luck, and keep us posted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sakarajackson in pontiac, Michigan

7 months ago

hello last year i was charged with embazzlement and i went to jail over night and got finger printed. I got a call for a job who wants me to get finger printed for the position . What is my chances of getting the Job ??

Maria in Los Angeles, California

7 months ago

vane in Torrance, California said: Hello i applied for Teller Position at Chase .com but i don't have a HS diploma but I'm attending college to get credits to transfer to a University if i get an interview will they ask me for my HS diploma or it cones in the background check.

Did you get hired ?

Anny in Manchester, Tennessee

7 months ago

Jess in California said: DONT APPLY FOR CHASE ! Im a current employee seriously look for something else this is not a company you want to work for

Question...can you look up req info?

Dedee in Arlington, Texas

5 months ago

I currently accepted the job at Chase Call Center in Arlington TX, my fingerprint results shows 2 DWI pending. I passed the drug test and everything else, will I still get the job?

Helping hand in Jamaica, New York

5 months ago

Dedee in Arlington, Texas said: I currently accepted the job at Chase Call Center in Arlington TX, my fingerprint results shows 2 DWI pending. I passed the drug test and everything else, will I still get the job?

Be sure to disclose the pending charges on the application. If possible have your attorney draft the explanation of charges.

Imparo in Scottsdale, Arizona

4 months ago

Quit complaining and do something. NOBODY'S GOING TO FIX IT FOR YOU. I'VE CREATED THIS PETITION; SO SIGN IT. QUIT HIDING. IT'S ALREADY PUBLIC RECORD. NOTHINGS PRIVATE ANY MORE. STAND UP AND DEFEND YOURSELVES BY GETTING VOCAL AND PUTTING YOUR SIGNATURE TO PAPER (THE ONLY COMMUNICATION GOVERNMENT UNDERSTANDS). ONLY THE U.S. AND THE U.K. HAVE PERMANENT PUBLIC RECORDS THAT FOREVER INFLUENCE EMPLOYMENT. BUT WE ALSO HAVE NEGLIGENT HIRING LAWS. THE U.S. ALSO HAS 4,000 CRIMINAL LAWS AND 300,000 REGULATIONS. IT'S DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY- AND THIS COUNTRY NEEDS YOUR VOICE/SIGNATURE TO MAKE IT KNOWN. SO, IF YOU WANT CHANGE, CONSIDER SIGNING MY PETITION- or stay on this site and continue complaining. How is that working for ya?! SIGN!!! petitions.moveon.org/sign/human-potential-being.

Alice Johnson in Georgia

4 months ago

If people with a conviction on their background don't take action then they will never erase the label & will face rejection for jobs, housing & public opinion. If you can't vote due to a felony conviction then get everyone you know who can to start taking action. They need to make this legal discrimination stay in the public spotlight. There is a criminal justice reform movement but politicians are afraid to be active because they might look soft on crime. If everyone who is affected by this would have friends & family lobby for change, there would be millions of votes that could convince our elected officials that something can & should be done. Contact the news media, write letters to the newspaper. Find a reporter willing to meet with some of you & hear your stories. The public is tuned in after the Avery documentary so interest is there. We just have to channel it into positive action. Sign every petition online that you can find. Numbers make a difference.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Natalie in San Jose, California

4 months ago

joedad in Gilbert, Arizona said: i have 2 misdameaner arrests from 3 years ago, took classes and now they are deferred. at the time i was a temp for bank of america , when they did a background check they saw my arrests and let me go, even though they were deferred. I have an interview at chase this week, and know they will do a background check, do you think their policy is different? i mean there is nothing i can do, arizona is a non expunge state.
thanks.

You get the job?

MCHase1988 in Tampa, Florida

3 months ago

Hi everyone,
I was arrested 6 years ago in 2010.
I bought a laptop from someone on the street and later i found out that it was stolen. I was arrested for possession of stolen property. but i did not know that it was stolen. I had a felony and 2 misdemeanor but i had a good lawyer . he brought it down to only a violation and no felony and no misdemeanor.on my disposition letter from chase it says that Sealed with Conviction.
I plead guilty and i was sentenced to Conditional Discharge for 1 yr and 12 d community services and no jail time.
Please note that I was convicted only to violation and no felony and misdemeanor as my lawyer brought them down to a violation
I have received an offer from chase for analyst in the IT department. I went gave my fingerprint yesterday and got an email stating that i was arrested in 2010 and now they want the disposition letter from the court. I have already given them the disposition letter.
I am very nervous as i dont know whats gonna happen. Is there a chance that the might revoke my offer letter? Please help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

MCHase1988 in Tampa, Florida

3 months ago

Brit in Lewisville, Texas said: I applied at chase and received an offer but I'm concerned about my background check. I had a warrant and was pulled over taken in and finger printed but released in a few hrs. Will that keep me from being employed. Also for someone else if you have a warrant can that keep you from being employed?

did u get the job mate?

hopefulndoubtful in Indianapolis, Indiana

2 months ago

Nervous wreck in Darien, Illinois said: I got an email late yesterday giving the all clear to start on Monday. What a relief! This was the most nerve racking experience ever and I hope that all of you find employment. Remember, what is for you, no one can take from you - so keep your heads up!

i really needed to hear this ty so much. I am in the same exact boat< i hope chase hire me

Katz in West Hills, California

3 days ago

Hi I got an offer from us bank today my fingerprinting came out and it shows my misdemeanor conviction for petty theft for 13 years ago I got it expunged, they ask for documents like police report,is it worth sending?

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.