Interviewing questions

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Moneybags in Brainerd, Minnesota

91 months ago

Does any one have some feedback. I have an interview on Monday with Wells Fargo for a Personal Banker position. I would just like to be best prepared for this interview

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (160) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

kathleen Russum in Killeen, Texas

91 months ago

I have my second interview with the top dog on April 2, how can I get her attention on this interview to make her say wow? What c
kind of question can I throw at her.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

You will have to sell your self. That is the biggest thing. Be able to answer all the questions full and honest. Make sure you ask questions as well. Show them your very interested and excited. Look them in the eye and lean forward. Do not cross your arms and most important do not figit!! Just my words of wisdom!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

kathleen Russum in Killeen, Texas

91 months ago

thank you very much. What kind of question should I ask?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ria in Killeen, Texas

91 months ago

how many years have you been working in Personal banking field

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Moneybags in Crosslake, Minnesota

91 months ago

I have been in banking for 4 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

yvette in Diamond Bar, California

90 months ago

Moneybags in Brainerd, Minnesota said: Does any one have some feedback. I have an interview on Monday with Wells Fargo for a Personal Banker position. I would just like to be best prepared for this interview

This exactly the situation i'm in, I have an interview with well fargo on 3rd May, and need advise on how to be prepared, how I can sell myself to them. What questions to ask, and what they may ask me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ria in Waco, Texas

90 months ago

hey,

go in there and smile be yourself and at the same time talk to them like you really want it. when you get there make sure you ask the interviewer three question make sure the questions are about the company, and the job it's self. The CEO that interviewed me my manager said she loved me. and i stood out other than the other five. All I can say is sell your self. Good luck I start in my new job may 1. And only be a teller for 4 months and got promoted in four months. Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Val in Greenport, New York

89 months ago

I have an interview for a Personal Banker tomo. at 12.pm can anybody help with what kinda questions they have for me or tests ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

You should not have any tests. Go in there with an open mind. Be very out going. Tell the person that is interviewing you that your a self starter (if you are) They are standard interviewing questions. Tell me about a time when.........Stuff like that. Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mona in Sunnyvale, California

86 months ago

Please tell me some site or question where i can find the questions that they can ask for personal banker interview.I hv an interview with Wells Fargo tomorrow

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

beantownbanker in Boston, Massachusetts

73 months ago

Congratulations on landing the interview and Good Luck!

Before your interview you want to be very prepared and have some general knowledge of banking products and services. Don't go in there blind. Study the company website and it's competitors' sites. Visit one or two branches in your area and talk to the bankers, open a checking account, ask questions, take the brochures they offer and find out everything you can about the basics (checking, savings/money market, CDs, and home equity loans/lines). This step will quickly bring you up to speed on the products you will be selling as well as the sales process.

Now, in your interview highlight any experience you have in sales, customer service or problem solving with CLEAR, SPECIFIC examples. Share your personal story and career goals. Be specific on WHY you want to be a personal banker. Of course, you will also want do a general search on interview questions to find out some questions you may be asked and prepare for.

So, to answer the original posters question about what Questions TO ASK in a Personal Banker interview, here are a few that will help you come across as someone who understands the PB role and what is expected.

PB Qs:
> What kind of traffic does this branch see?

> What challenges are unique to this location?
- What are the most immediate challenges that will need to be addressed within the first 3 months?

> What would you consider to be the most important aspect of this position?

> What skills/attributes do you value most for someone being considered for this position?

> What happened to the previous PB?

> Where have successful PBs advanced within the company?

> What is the environment like here?

> How would you describe your management style?

> What brought you to XYZ Bank?
- How long have you been with this bank?/In banking?

> What are the next steps?

> WHEN DO I START? (jk)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No Reply - Report abuse

Donna Hooker in Fort Worth, Texas

73 months ago

beantownbanker,

Excellent questions! I'll keep this list for my next interview.

Thanks,

Donna

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.