Personal Banker- Chase

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Jason in San Diego, California

40 months ago

Hello everybody,

So I have just been offered the job as a personal banker at chase and doing my due diligence by reading these posts. I will be working in downtown San Diego so it is an affluent area. I am most attracted to this position because of the opportunities for growth but have yet to see a good post! Can any seasoned PB veterans comment on this and the job/company's "aggressive" sales approach. Appreciate it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dude from chase in New York, New York

40 months ago

It all depends, if your lucky enough to get into a branch with good traffic or lots of new money potential, you will make 75k or over. If you get stuck in a slow branch, good luck hitting 40k

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Steven Segun in Westlake, Ohio

39 months ago

Jason in San Diego, California said: Hello everybody,

So I have just been offered the job as a personal banker at chase and doing my due diligence by reading these posts. I will be working in downtown San Diego so it is an affluent area. I am most attracted to this position because of the opportunities for growth but have yet to see a good post! Can any seasoned PB veterans comment on this and the job/company's "aggressive" sales approach. Appreciate it!

I was a Chase pb for awhile .. as far as sales jobs go overall its not bad, but only because it has a salary and you don't have to do outside sales, driving all over and the like. Chase practices a work-the-lobby concept.. it is overboard for both employees and customers. Imagine you walk into your bank to make a deposit: You walk to the teller line, but on the way there you're ambushed by an employee whos not a teller who says "i can help u with that..." code for "i can sell you something and make it awkward for you and me while im doing it". 90% of people are surprised/annoyed and know exactly why you're approaching them.

As far as your typical day, get ready for the morning huddle where you say the same thing every day (i'm going to open 5 bank accounts and talk to 25 people) and pretend along with your fellow employees that you actually care and/or what you're saying is somehow even slightly original or new to them. Get ready for every conversation with the other bankers to be about pvs and where you finished last month, and talking to your manager about how many pvcs you're going to do next month and how you want to be a national achiever so you can go on a trip with other bankers and even get a plaque that says national achiever.

There are actually some really funny- because they are true- Youtube videos...lol

www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9thEGipRw0
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LItMPAYo2NU&feature=related

lol it's been a while since i've watched those.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.