Retail to Retail banking

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Rob in Thousand Oaks, California

112 months ago

I am 25 and working at a retail store I am great at selling just sick of merching and being micro managed I am selling beding now and I think a lot of my skills learned here would transfer over to personal banking any tips on how I can make the transition?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

susieskeptic in Lieu, Illinois

107 months ago

Rob in Thousand Oaks, California said: I am 25 and working at a retail store I am great at selling just sick of merching and being micro managed I am selling beding now and I think a lot of my skills learned here would transfer over to personal banking any tips on how I can make the transition?

In your town it's all BOA, I'm sure. But I know that my experience in sales is *ALL* i have with CHase as a Personal Banker. Yes, I go my licesnses and I'm really smart. But at work, I don't think about numbers so much as I just problem solve. I turn every customer service request into a way to make somebody money, most importantly the customer. BEcause I work for an awesome bank, everytime I find a way to make customers money, I make money.

All I really do at this bank is sell sell sell. And at the end of the days I've made the most money, all I can say is that I've helped more people than usual.

Reply - Report abuse

Doug in Orange, California

106 months ago

susieskeptic in Lieu, Illinois said: In your town it's all BOA, I'm sure. But I know that my experience in sales is *ALL* i have with CHase as a Personal Banker. Yes, I go my licesnses and I'm really smart. But at work, I don't think about numbers so much as I just problem solve. I turn every customer service request into a way to make somebody money, most importantly the customer. BEcause I work for an awesome bank, everytime I find a way to make customers money, I make money.

All I really do at this bank is sell sell sell. And at the end of the days I've made the most money, all I can say is that I've helped more people than usual.

Susie, I know you're going to feel like I'm stalking you, but I like your attitude. Do you do any off site activities. Are you involved with any networking groups?

Reply - Report abuse

106 months ago

Networking groups? Like linked or something? A customer asked me to do something like that and I found out that he had less than a credible personal reference and decided to foresake it. What would be the point, exactly? And no, you don't at all seem to be stalking.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Doug in Orange, California

106 months ago

Networking groups like Chambers of Commerce, or Toastmasters, or Le Tip....places where business people meet to network and meet people in the community. Not speaking about online, but where real world relationships can form.

Reply - Report abuse

106 months ago

Be CAREFUL though. I know that with these banks, it isn't always the case that somebody who *needs* something walks into the branch. My experience at Chase even had forced door-to-door sales in the rain, blizzards, wind, high heels, etc. It was pathetic how desperate the banking center I was in (Chase) is to get new customers, all while treating the old customers like garbage because they've exhausted them of what they wanted in the first place. SELL in banking is INAPPROPRIATE. If the push was to meet NEEDS then it wouldn't feel so much like a multi-trillion dollar scam. Please, understand that just because you'll put on a suit doesn't mean you have any dignity unless you are one of the very blessed bankers who got into a branch where they can meet customers needs, not force fee-based debit cards and unnecessary checking accounts down their throats. I had more dignity from my managers in food service than in Chase banking centers in Chicago.

Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.