Wells Fargo hiring process taking too long......

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 72)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

tw in Corpus Christi, Texas

67 months ago

Well I applied for the position in April ..finally got a call for a phone interview in May now waiting for 2nd interview . Do they let you know either way ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

taz48830 in Granada Hills, California

67 months ago

John in Oakland, California said: It's been more than 3 weeks since my second 1 on 1 interviews with the managers. Usually if they denied me I would have gotten a thank you letter in the mail. I did not received that, or any responses to my follow ups with the HR person. Has anyone had this experience with Wells Fargo? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Absolutely, I went through four different interview sessions and at the end they said the position has been filled.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

I am not happy with the recruitment center for wells fargo. I have tried three times and got disappointed each time even though one time I was done with 4 out of 5 interviews

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

First I applied for a teller and got rejected this year I applied for a personal banker and got rejected again:( I do have skills and experience both.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pit bull in Eureka, California

67 months ago

Sorry to here this for what state and city did you apply in. I got hired in Sacramento Ca for a part time 20hr personal banker and part time 20hr entry level loan officers. I just got my college degree in Business Finance and they always say you don’t need an advance degree one but it helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

I am working on my degree in Psychology but I still do have all the skills to meet the position. I live in Granada Hills 91344 (San Fernando Valley) and I applied for the positions close by my city for example in Northridge, Granada Hills, Chatsworth, West Hills, North Hills etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

AcE in Monterey, California

67 months ago

That's how Wells Fargo is. When I first got hired I got my group interview quite fast. After that I had two interviews with the managers before I got hired. The managers usually get backed up a bit and take a little while. When I worked there the hiring process always took around a month. Usually because they would give a lot of people interviews. Then they would put it on hold for a couple of weeks before they decided on what candidate would get the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Really??? Thanks for all that information. The email I received that said that they are not considering me for personal banker said that I cannot apply before six months that is the reason I am waiting...but I will start applying for teller again.
Thanks again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

too funny as I was typing last message I got an email.
the turn down letter for personal banker

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

yeah I wonder!

67 months ago

Taz ....I think that I have decided I am going to call the locations that have the personal banker positions open and ask who their service manager is and start sending my resume directly to them.. don't know if that will work but thought it was worth a try .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

I tried that and they said personally they can't take it, I have to go thru the website!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Oh ok thank you !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

But that still doesn't mean that you shouldn't try....you never know:-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Ok all just an update.....Had interview Wednesday 1 week ago 5/20 at location while waiting to hear yeah or neah had another interview at another location Wednesday 5/27 and yet another location Thursday 5/28......At last a job has been offered WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO !! I think it was probably the HR Lady got tired of seeing my name resume and application .Every job that came open I applied.So after 1 phone interview and 3 in person interviews my advice is to be energetic,focus on your sales abilities and how you can be an asset.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Congratulations!!! If Wells Fargo doesn't hire me then at least I have you as a refererred employee probably that will work lols:)

Farir in Rock Springs, Wyoming

63 months ago

John in Oakland, California said: It's been more than 3 weeks since my second 1 on 1 interviews with the managers. Usually if they denied me I would have gotten a thank you letter in the mail. I did not received that, or any responses to my follow ups with the HR person. Has anyone had this experience with Wells Fargo? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

I did apply for a personnal banker position with wells fargo in july on line, I got a phone call from their HR departement from billing montana for a phone interview that I think went very well they called me back to let me know that I did not get the job, I kept looking on the website until couple of teller position come up I did again apply for these position and was called for a personnal interview with them at the end of the interview I asked if there is any questions they still wanted me to answer both of the interviewer told me that by now they need to offer me the job and the only thing left was the background check once that is back I will be called to discuss the salary and the start date. well I waited over a week to call back and ask where the process is they told me that the person that did interview me is no longer working there and someone else took over the hiring process and for sure they called me to let me know that they already hired other condidate and they wanted me to try again.
I will just let you guys comment on this because honestly I have no words to describe that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

TAZ in Granada Hills, California

63 months ago

I have applied million times and went to the interviews as well but for some odd reason before they call me back to say I am not a good fit, somehow another candidate is already hired for that position. Or that position is cancelled for some reason.
I have applied and failed, that makes me feel I can't be a good personal banker for the bank I have account with....funny

tc in San Antonio, Texas

63 months ago

Ok my advice is apply for everything even a teller I was finally hired as a teller .ns of I let my manager know right up front I had no intentions of stoying a teller .I got in the teller position and had really strong sales .Personal banker came open withing a month and half I applied and wala I was offered the position and training has started

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

JC in Phoenix, Arizona

61 months ago

I have had this occur to me not once but twice with wells fargo. They seem as if they have things in order and organized but their level of professionalism isnt up to my standard for a financial intitution as large as Wells Fargo.

Thx

Samson in Sherman Oaks, California

60 months ago

I just recently applied to the personal banker positions around the neighborhood. Anyone know what kinds of questions the ask during group/manager interviews?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

j nerumartinez in pittsburg, California

60 months ago

I work in card service and it seems that the personal bankers are not trained properly they rarely fill out paper work correctly, and they are pressured to make quotas, they have a high turnover rate because i rarely deal with the same banker. If you don't have your ba/bs forget about getting anything that pays good you will be stuck in a dead end position with crap pay, thats just the business world,good luck i work there and i can't get an interview for the few new positions that open internaly.

abeholguin in Los Angeles, California

59 months ago

j nerumartinez in pittsburg, California said: I work in card service and it seems that the personal bankers are not trained properly they rarely fill out paper work correctly, and they are pressured to make quotas, they have a high turnover rate because i rarely deal with the same banker. If you don't have your ba/bs forget about getting anything that pays good you will be stuck in a dead end position with crap pay, thats just the business world,good luck i work there and i can't get an interview for the few new positions that open internaly.

Wayyyyyy too accurate...I'm a personal banker in Downtown LA...It's really tough and stressful. Just stay away from "gaming".

Dizco in San Francisco, California

57 months ago

Get this ... I go through group,regional manager interviews and pass both. I then waited and waited 3 weeks to be exact cause none of my calls were returned. I finally contacted H.R. for Wells Fargo to tell them that I'm sitting here waiting for the call to interview with a branch. Well come to find out the Regional manager as well as the Human Recourses lady ZULE LAZARD are not with Wells no more. Well that was just the middle of this fiasco. (see follow up post)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

I get a call from the new placement of Ms. Lazards named RAJ. He calls me for and interview and ask me what time I want to meet with a branch manager the following day. I told him I'm flexible, We settled on 10am. I show up 20min early and Raj walked by and said oh sir your time was for 11am. I did not want to be rude and told him that I only followed the time that was emailed me back per him and it was 10am as not agreed but I figured he prolly had scheduled someone else and I just said well no problem I can come back in an hour. Which I did. I get interviewed by a Manager and I was told by Raj 72 hours .... well lets say it wasnt 48 hours it was 72 hours and only cause I made the effort to call. He tells me Oh Sir she went with another candidate. She said she really liked you and thought the other was more her fit. NO PROBLEM I SAID you have choices and you choose. So I ask him when can I meet with another manager. He said you cant its over. I said oh well I was told that you just have to find the right match it might take one or more before someone is feeling you fit there office. Raj said no we dont do that. And you have to reapply in 6 months. I said wow okay well thank you. 5 hours later I get a call from RAJ. Congratulating me on the position and they are going to go with salary requested and I was like WOW that's great. He went on for 2 minutes before I realized something was not going right. He said MR Manager liked you and your branch will be the Ave. Well I wilted like a rose I said excuse me Raj but I think you are calling the wrong person. I did not interview with a MR. it was a Ms. He said ahhm who is this. And when I told him He appologized and said he will call me back. hahahaha yeah right.....So SAD

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

sorry I made a typo regarding the 72hours....he said he would call me in 48 hours to let me know here decision. I waited then called him 72 hours. (is what I meant)

So my question is do you only get one shot at a branch manager and then if she or he is not interested you have to go back 6 months and start over. It's kinda retarded.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

wondering... in Sioux Falls, South Dakota

56 months ago

I had a phone interview with Wells today and they asked if I put in my two weeks notice at the job I held prior to the one that I currently work. I said no but let her know that it was the result of a discrimination case that I had to remove myself from. I also let her know that I offered to complete my two weeks at another location but they didn't have rorom for me anywhere. I'm really concerned that this may have ruined my chances...any thoughts?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sexxxyredrag3 in Long Beach, California

50 months ago

well I applied at wf May 23 2010 got an email saying to call within the next 24 hours for a phone interview. I called the next day passed the phone interview and was scheduled to come in on July 23 2010 a whole 2 months away (wow) go in on the 23rd for the group interview passed that, had to wait another 4 weeks exactly got a call to come in for the manager interview september 28th (great another 2 months smh) did the manager sit down with 3 managers for 15 minutes each and said I will get a call either way by friday (october 1) smh this process is waaaaayyyyyy too long and hopefully through all that B.S I get some good news tomorrow (kuz today is thursday september 30th). WIsh me luck and I will keep you posted

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

h7mnpxz in San Francisco, California

50 months ago

wondering... in Sioux Falls, South Dakota said: I had a phone interview with Wells today and they asked if I put in my two weeks notice at the job I held prior to the one that I currently work. I said no but let her know that it was the result of a discrimination case that I had to remove myself from. I also let her know that I offered to complete my two weeks at another location but they didn't have rorom for me anywhere. I'm really concerned that this may have ruined my chances...any thoughts?

yeh why would you say that? you have to tell them what they want tohear.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

taz1972 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

49 months ago

I am wondering what to think here. I am currently in the process of interviewing for a Personal Banker position with Wells Fargo/Wachovia Bank. I had the phone interview on 10/5/10, then group interview on 10/12/10 and the one on one interview with the branch manager on 10/20/10. The one on one interview went well and the branch manager said that she would not be making a decision for a couple of weeks and I should expect to hear from the recruiter. After the interiew, I send a thank you letter to the manager (email and physical mail) and also used their favorite term "solution" in the interview and thank you letter.

On Friday, 11/12, I emailed the branch manager and recruiter to follow up and see if a decision has been made. Today, it is 11/18, and I still have not received a response from anyone. What is up here? Is this a good sign or a bad sign? Are they still in the process of deciding or just blowing me off? I was informed that they are looking at hiring 8 Personal Bankers as it is a large branch. I have not received any kind of letter that they went with another candidate or anything like that.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Please advise and thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

taz1972 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

49 months ago

I am wondering what to think here. I am currently in the process of interviewing for a Personal Banker position with Wells Fargo/Wachovia Bank. I had the phone interview on 10/5/10, then group interview on 10/12/10 and the one on one interview with the branch manager on 10/20/10. The one on one interview went well and the branch manager said that she would not be making a decision for a couple of weeks and I should expect to hear from the recruiter. After the interiew, I send a thank you letter to the manager (email and physical mail) and also used their favorite term "solution" in the interview and thank you letter.

ashleyne84 in Colorado Springs, Colorado

49 months ago

I had my phone interview last week on Tuesday, group interview last Friday, and my one on one this past Tuesday. I received a call from the recruiter yesterday asking if I would accept the position. It all happened in a week. Do you know when their next training class starts? Mine will start Nov 29th. If you know when it is; I am sure they will call you at least 2 weeks before it starts, that way they can do the background check.

Taz in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

49 months ago

When I was interviewed by the branch manager on 10/20, she did state that they would not be looking for us to start until January. All new hires must go through a 4 week training course before starting employment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

slim76 in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania

48 months ago

I have had an interview, background check, and fingerprinting for the PB job. still no word on a start date.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

kiddo in Long Beach, California

48 months ago

For those of you who are confused about the process here is how it goes..

You start off applying for the position (i did it online) Upon successful completion of the application you get an email telling you to call an 800 number. Once you call them its a recruiter that asks you a few basic interview questions. After that if they decide you are fit for the position you get an email instructing you to call another 800 number. I got my email the next day. When you call them again they set up a group interview. Usually about 10 - 15 bankers per interview. After you do the group interview the recruiter lets you know that if you are not selected to move on you will be emailed within 3 days. If they like you, you can be called anytime within the next month. I received a call on the 6th week. So yes, they do take a while.. When he finally called he schedules you to come to a hiring assessment. Ours had about 25 candidates. At this point we had to role play a scenario selling random things to branch managers and district managers. On the same day after you will have 3 1 on 1 interviews with various managers vp's and district managers. After the day is over they let you know your results within 2 days, i got a call that same day telling me that i was selected to move on and do the background check. And if you pass you move on to the training. So youre pretty much hired at this point. The training classes are usually at the beginning of each month so it really depends on the timing and how fast your background check gets back. Its a long drawn out process but the recruiter usually does a good job of contacting you a week before whtever it is you have to do. Hope this helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Taz in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

48 months ago

Well, here it is November 30 and 6 weeks after my interview. Still no response from the branch manager or recruiters regarding my follow up letter or email that I sent 2 weeks ago. I just called and spoke with the branch manager and she advised me that they made their decision regarding whom they are hiring a few weeks ago. I guess it is Wells Faro/Wachovias policy to just ignore an applicants follow up calls and email. Why is it so difficult for someone to even respond to an email if they are too cowardly to even call you with a response? I do not get it. Whatever. They probably hired whoever they could pay the least (that is what I hear about them too, they hire who they can pay the least)). On to the next job prospect I go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Fairyberry in Riverside, California

48 months ago

Well after reading all of your comments my question sorta got answerd jeje..because i applyed for wells fargo like six months ago and got throgh 2 interviews and after they told me that the only open location that they had at the time was inside a vons i said i would much rather wait and see if a traditinal branch would hire the recruter said he would reach out me if any oppenings happened since then i have look online every day almost and finlly found an oppening that i like and i applyed again and they basicly didnt let me do the screening to complete the application and i called an they said thay had all my info on file.and they would call me if i fit what they where looking for.but i feel as though i didnt even finish the prossses to apply for that job.I guess you have to go work where they tell you and not like they say where your most confortable.

Newshine in Denver, Colorado

47 months ago

ashleyne84 in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: I had my phone interview last week on Tuesday, group interview last Friday, and my one on one this past Tuesday. I received a call from the recruiter yesterday asking if I would accept the position. It all happened in a week. Do you know when their next training class starts? Mine will start Nov 29th. If you know when it is; I am sure they will call you at least 2 weeks before it starts, that way they can do the background check.

Hi Ashley, I recently applied for a personal banker position and my group interview is scheduled next week. I have a few general questions. I stay at Lone tree, Colorado. Could you contact me at verasatilenow@gmail.com?

Emi in Avondale, Arizona

47 months ago

I started w/ WF in Aug as a temp. Was hired on as a Loan Adjustor 1 but now told that we are inelligble to apply for other positions until we've been on for one year. Also, I have heard from co-workers that you must go through multiple interview steps and it usually takes about five weeks to find out if you have the job. I've never worked anywhere with such a lengthy hiring process.

Kevin in Rosemead, California

47 months ago

hey bro. ive been invited to the final round interview- which is the personal banker assessment.. what did they make you sell?? can you give me some tips? and what to look for? i get very nervous and not do so well in front of groups of people especially in front of managers..

Anthony in Las Vegas, NV in Minneapolis, Minnesota

47 months ago

I've been with WF for 3 1/2 years now. I started out as a Credit Manager, then moved to a Loan Document Specialist 3 a year and a half later, then moved to a Pricing Analyst another year and a half later. I've been in this position since and I can tell you that the hiring process takes a while, but if you're the right candidate they will let you know right away (usually within 1 ~ 2 weeks from the final interview). If you don't hear back in that time frame you should dimish your optimism for that position and move on.

I've done a lot of interviewing with WF and I'll tell you that what has worked for me is extensive interview preperation (verbally practice your responses at least 1 week before the interview) and exuding casual confidence in the meeting. During the interview maintain eye contact, smile and answer each question directly. This means that you reiterate the question in your response and tie your experience and knowledge into the language the question was phrased in. Show interest by asking questions about the job, future career opportunities, and other related items.

The interview usually consists of a few initial questions about why you want to be a ____. Then some personal questions (ie. what are your strengths & weaknesses). Then a few behavior interview questions, which are situational questions that ask you to give an experience you had that relates (ie. Tell me about a time when you successfully multi-tasked through a stressful situation). If they like you they will ask about your salary requirements and give you additional information about the training and when the position starts. If they don't they'll usually just say something like "well, that's all we have for you. A recruiter will contact you later with our decision." If you get the position, you won't be given that news until at least a few days after the interview, but I don't think that they'd wait more than a couple weeks to tell you.

Hope this info helps!Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kevin in Los Angeles, California

47 months ago

ok thanks. someone told me as well that i needed to cross sell 8 products.. can you give me tips?? or do they or don't do this in some places?? becuz after my group interview. im going straight to the final interview- its called the personal banker assessment.. i don't know

Steve/Rancho Cucamonga

46 months ago

Anthony in Las Vegas, NV in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: --> Anthony, as far as those specific positions you have worked as a credit manager, Loan Document Specialist (specifically) and Pricing Analyst, what are your personal opinions of those positions, the pay, and how they operate? I am curious to know, being that you have experience in those postions, primarily because I am looking for a change away from my sales job. I hope you can respond with further insight into each one and how they were for you. I would appreciate that.

sm in Santa Maria, California

46 months ago

Well, I worked for WF a couple years ago and quite for another opportunity. I have tons of experience and have worked in a few different positions at WF. I went through at least 4 interviews which never resulted in a call back. Keep in mind, this was for 4 different attempts at a position so multiply 4 by at least 3 for a total of 12 interviews. At one point the recruiter that was supposed to schedule the interview was out of the country on vacation, while I had been waiting for her to call me and making numerous phone calls to her voice mail. It has taken me over a year and a half to get hired, with a few calls to HR and a phone conversation with a Managing recruiter. I am waaaay over qualified for the position of PB but it looks like WF doesn't trust my experience any longer and wants me to start at this position...understandable. Within my interviews I was drilled so hard about my experience and it just made me hate the whole hiring game. It made me feel like I was no longer good enough for the entry level position, yet they were hiring under qualified people left and right...
I finally got through and am in the process of my background check clearing. It's been over 2wks and still no clearance. I do not have a criminal history but I can say my credit has suffered in this economy. So here I am, sitting anxiously, waiting for clearance and an actual start date. I feel for all of you applying and waiting for an answer. If I hadn't worked for WF in the past, I would have completely 86d them from my life, but I have too much knowledge about this bank and it's not worth it for me to go learn someone else's methods and products...
Good luck and remember that you should not give up if this is where you want to be eventually.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

kukikuja in San Francisco, California

45 months ago

Did you get the clearance? I'm afraid that my credit history is a bit patchy even though I have no criminal history. Were you able to pass the background check?

sm in Santa Maria, California said: Well, I worked for WF a couple years ago and quite for another opportunity. I have tons of experience and have worked in a few different positions at WF. I went through at least 4 interviews which never resulted in a call back. Keep in mind, this was for 4 different attempts at a position so multiply 4 by at least 3 for a total of 12 interviews. At one point the recruiter that was supposed to schedule the interview was out of the country on vacation, while I had been waiting for her to call me and making numerous phone calls to her voice mail. It has taken me over a year and a half to get hired, with a few calls to HR and a phone conversation with a Managing recruiter. I am waaaay over qualified for the position of PB but it looks like WF doesn't trust my experience any longer and wants me to start at this position...understandable. Within my interviews I was drilled so hard about my experience and it just made me hate the whole hiring game. It made me feel like I was no longer good enough for the entry level position, yet they were hiring under qualified people left and right...
I finally got through and am in the process of my background check clearing. It's been over 2wks and still no clearance. I do not have a criminal history but I can say my credit has suffered in this economy. So here I am, sitting anxiously, waiting for clearance and an actual start date. I feel for all of you applying and waiting for an answer. If I hadn't worked for WF in the past, I would have completely 86d them from my life, but I have too much knowledge about this bank and it's not worth it for me to go learn someone else's methods and products...
Good luck and remember that you should not give up if this is where you want to be eventually.

Liz in Apache Junction, Arizona

44 months ago

Pit bull in Eureka, California said: Well I applied for a position at wellsFargo on a Thursday and did the online screening on Friday and on Monday I received a call for an interview I think they react very fast to those who are qualified

I read your post about Wells Fargo replying quickly to those that are qualified. I had applied last year for a Personal banker position, had the group interview in August, two months later I received an email stating they had an overwelming amount of applicants and they were still considering me. I never heard from them again. I have 14 years of banking experience, 11 as a personal banker at another bank, a bachelors degree and soon
to have my masters. I would say I am more than qualified for the position. Now I reapplied in March of this year, got an interview last week. The same recruiter who told us she would get back to us in 2 weeks and never did conducted this interview again. Needless to say she told us she would get back to us in one or two days at the latest for the branch manager interview. Here I am still waiting for any response, email, phone call and nothing yet.
I was not very impressed the first time and now the second time me and others were sent to the wrong branch to interview, the recruiter apologized let us take the time to
be a bit late to the interview since it was their error. The recruiter was late 30 min to the interview. I am not getting the best vibe on this company.
What do you think?

Liz in Apache Junction, Arizona

44 months ago

Farir in Rock Springs, Wyoming said: I did apply for a personnal banker position with wells fargo in july on line, I got a phone call from their HR departement from billing montana for a phone interview that I think went very well they called me back to let me know that I did not get the job, I kept looking on the website until couple of teller position come up I did again apply for these position and was called for a personnal interview with them at the end of the interview I asked if there is any questions they still wanted me to answer both of the interviewer told me that by now they need to offer me the job and the only thing left was the background check once that is back I will be called to discuss the salary and the start date. well I waited over a week to call back and ask where the process is they told me that the person that did interview me is no longer working there and someone else took over the hiring process and for sure they called me to let me know that they already hired other condidate and they wanted me to try again.
I will just let you guys comment on this because honestly I have no words to describe that.

My comment to this disorganized, disorganized, disorganized. Here I am studying on my masters degree that goes over being ethical, fair and these are the type of individuals involved in the hiring process. Is Wells Fargo hiring for any HR people?

jjunior usa in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

39 months ago

tw in Corpus Christi, Texas said: this is so weird.I applied for personal banker in April finally got a call had telephone interview may 11 th she said I would hear back never have .Well I have kept applying for teller positions pb and cms had interview Wednesday at 1 branch and waiting to hear back susposedly will hear either way today. Now I got another call from another branch and have an interview Wednesday for teller.I can tell you all that at my interview this week she told me the best way to get your foot in the door is to start as a teller as they usually promote to personal bankers from within . I do wonder if that is true as they keep posting personal banker positions on their website but outside of that first telephone interview I have not heard anything on the pb position.I would rather have the personal banker position but I guess I will take what I can get.

its true i started as part time teller here in FLA after a month they make me full time and now ill going to my training as CSSR... its only take me 4 months i never had a bad shop and my sales was pretty high so the key is customer service and sales and u go far....

deeloe in Los Alamitos, California

39 months ago

So I applied a few days ago to wells fargo and I applied as a personal banker, now upon reviewing the position I think I meant to apply for a teller job, but now its too late.
I did my phone interview today, and they already want me to go on a group interview tomorrow.
I'm 22 with five years management expierence, I have no knowledge of cds and loans and what not.
what should I do. go on the interview and see if I get the position? or go to the interview and try to tell them I want a teller job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in El Segundo, California

39 months ago

My hiring process has been going quite fast. I applied for CSSR 3 weeks ago and I already did my phone interview and round robin interview. After each interview, I was contacted the same day and I was told I had successfully passed.I am currently in backgrounds (nothing to worry about) and the recruiter told me she wants to put me in the October training class.

My suggestion to everyone is to show alot of confidence in your interview, do research on the company as they will be VERY impressed about that and smile! Don't be nervous, just do your best! I wish everyone luck in your hiring process.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.