Getting ahead...

Comments (3)

Host

What is the best training for becoming a hirable personal care attendant? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective personal care attendant?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

KathrynJones7 in Richmond, Virginia

64 months ago

I just found a home health care agency in my city that provides free training for Personal Care Aide on condition that you work for them for at least 6 months at the end of training. Sounds fair to me!

"What is the best training for becoming a hirable personal care attendant? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective personal care attendant?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

bevcorcoran in Minneapolis, Minnesota

55 months ago

I have retired from 40 years in accounting and office manager
for years I was a PCA as a second job (which I loved) I am looking for a part time job where I can do some good for others.
I do not still drive (on public transportation) and cannot lift but I can cook,clean and help to appointments or other outside interests. I always wanted to be in the medical professions, and wasn't because of family problems. My sister was in a power chair and one of my best friend was post polio with an iron lung,I was doing overnights, when I had a day job. Marilyn died a few years ago, and I still miss her--maybe by helping some one new will help me remember her.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.