Host said: Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming personal care attendant interview?
Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?
Hello there: I have just somehow stumbled across your question and since i am here I thought I might put up some of the most common interview questions that you as a job seaker may be asked in an interview:
1)Tell me about yourself?
2) Why do you want to work here? ( best to do some research on the places you apply for job)
3) Why should I hire you over all the other people I have interviewed today??
4)What are your biggest accomplishments?
5) Can you work under pressure?
6)How do you think a friend would describe you?
7)What are your long term career goals?
8)Tell me about a time when you experienced failure and how you handeled it..
9)What does team work mean to you?
10)Can you take direction? How do you handle a peer telling you what to do??
CertIII aged care Interview Questions:
1)Do you know what ACFI stands for? Can you briefly explain what it does?
2) Can you give me an example of an outcome from the Aged Care Standards?
3) Do you understand the importance of documentation in the work place? Why do we document?
4)Denfine " Good work Ethic"?
5)Can you tell me what a PCA would do in the work place?
6) Explain mandatory reporting in your own words.
7) What are you key responsibilities to the
a) residents / clients / patients
b) Organisation / facility / hospital
I to am a PCA in training with 6 weeks or less to go, these interview questions were given to me and to all staudents in my class from our own teacher who is a PCA / clinical Teacher herself!
I hope this helps you and anyone else looking for work !!!