Beyond Personal Training

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Marco in Deltona, Florida

92 months ago

Im going to college and I dont know what to get my degrees in. Getting my AA degree in a nearby community college then transfering to a university. I workout every weekday and its what I love to do, probably going to for the rest of my life. Im into nutrition as well, but i rather be a personal trainer. I know you dont need to go to college to become a personal trainer but i want better pay than a personal trainer at a YMCA.

My mom is a personal trainer at the ymca and when i say i want to become one she laughs. To work at the YMCA you dont even need an ACE certification, just a ymca certification.

Here is a list of some 2 year degrees the comminity college offers:
AA degrees
■Cardiopulmonary Sciences
■Dietetics/Nutritional Services
Health Information Management
■Health Services Administration
■Medical Technology
■Radiologic Sciences

■Health Information Management
■Nursing (RN)
■Nursing Career Transition Track
■Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
■Respiratory Care

my guess is Nutrition

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

kinesioguy in Phoenix, Arizona

92 months ago

PTA - you can get a solid job here without needing more education, and it pays better than most trainer jobs. The other degrees are useless by themselves. This would be a good option if training doesn't work out. I have a degree in kinesiology and wish that I also had a PTA degree. If your interest is in Nutrition, you can get a minor or do a concentration. That's what I did. Hope this is helpful.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.