lean manufacturing & project management

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

arv1in in Jersey City, New Jersey

15 months ago

Throughout my job search, I've been encountering "lean manufacturing" and "project management" experience as requirements for most, if not all, positions.

What I would like to know is what exactly qualifies as "lean manufacturing" and "project management" experience? Keep in mind that I graduated from college in Dec. 2009/Jan. 2010, so I have 2-3 years of actual professional experience.

In my last job I performed a lot of total productive maintenance (TPM) on machinery and equipment. I also did some research online about TPM and learned that it's a critical part of lean manufacturing. Would my experience in conducting TPM be considered as having experience in lean manufacturing?

Throughout my college years, I did 4 course projects (mainly dedicated to CAD design)-- 2 of which were group projects, and in 1 of those 2 course projects I was team leader. I took the initiative in organizing team duties and schedule team meetings. After graduating from college, I was an independent contractor doing design engineering work for entrepreneurs with small start-up companies. I was basically an engineering staff of 1, where I worked from home and set up my own deadlines in which to complete the projects. Would all that be considered as having project management experience?

Thank you in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.