Anyone ever gone through Pharmaceutical Sales Certification course through NAPSRx?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (451 to 500 of 560)
Page:  « First « Previous   7  8  9  10  11  12  Next »   Last »

JAPE in Kansas City, Missouri

45 months ago

Jason M. in Delray Beach, Florida said: The company that hired me called me in for an interview because I was CNPR Certified. I do not think they require it.

Do you guys know of any recruiters in the kansas city or Springfield, MO area. I have tried to use the recruiters through the NAPRX website, but I have only gotten computer generated messages telling me that I need CNPR certification. When I provided the certification and my resume I do not get a response. Any ideas or contacts I can use?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Billy G. in Riverdale, Georgia

45 months ago

I do not recommend using a recruiter. Recruiters are looking for experienced or certified candidates only. The get large fees from pharmaceutical companies to find them pharmaceuitcal sales rep with awards or Certified entry level reps. If you apply to the companies directly then they can avoid paying a fee to hire you. I would send your resume directly to the pharmaceutical company HR Departments and wait to hear back. Be patient as it does take some time to hear back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jamie R. in Unadilla, Georgia

45 months ago

The best method to get into pharmaceutical sales is to get CNPR Certified and then apply directly to the pharmaceutical companies. That way the pharmaceutical company will not have to pay a fee to a recruiting company to hire you. It is important to show industry training and product knowledge with sales ability to get selected for interviews.

Jason M. in Delray Beach, Florida

45 months ago

There are some very good recruiters out there so if you get one to contact you I would certainly use them as they have contacts with HR at the pharma company.

medicalrepinsight.com in Atlantic Beach, Florida

45 months ago

Let me get this right: 1) Its better to submit your resume directly to the 4 or 5 massive Pharma companies you've heard of and pray to God that someone in their HR department just happens to call you to offer you an interview? And that strategy is better than: 2) Working with several different well connected recruiters who each have their own 3-8 companies that they work with (most of which people haven't heard of yet) and build a web with all of them? I'm sorry but anyone who has spent ANY time in this industry will tell you that the later of these two strategies makes way more sense and someone in here obviously works for this "certification" company. I'm done with this topic...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cynthia in Attleboro, Massachusetts

45 months ago

lanelisa in Clarksburg, New Jersey said: I am most definitely someone who knows what they are talking about having helped thousands break into pharma sales over the years. Never once have I had a pharma company ask for a "certified" candidate.

Please, the best advice that I can offer is to do some research online before investing your time and hard earned money.

Hi there - I have no pharma experience but would love to break into the industry. Without getting certifications, I'm not sure how else to get noticed. My background was sales but I have since taken on a marketing manager role. Not sure it was the right move and pharmaceutical sales was always an interest of mine. Any suggestions?

Jamie R. in Cordele, Georgia

45 months ago

When sending in your resume just make sure to include all of your pharmacology training and education with sales ability. Certainly certification is important but show vocational education anyway you can.

Sunnysideup in Grand Rapids, Michigan

42 months ago

Does anyone have current CNPR manual, certification test and quizzes for sale? I am interested in purchasing!

Brenda in Edison, New Jersey

42 months ago

Sam in Los Angeles, California said: I just got a new job working for a Austrian based biotech Company that launched an office in Los Angeles. I don't have that much information regarding Biotech at all. I know a lot about Pharmaceutical sales and have great desire for that. Is biotech as good as pharmaceuticals, I'm confused.... Any suggestions.

Hello,I am looking for working pharmaceutical reps. I want to offer a fantastic opportunity to generate more income by integrating another product while doing business as usual. You have nothing to lose and all to gain. You have the attention of the doctors and I have a revolutionary new device that can generate money for you as well as the doctors. Let me show you how.
contact me, Brenda
BZstylehive@yahoo.com

42 months ago

Joel O. in Mainland, Pennsylvania said: I just talked to my freind who is a pharmaceutical sales rep and he mentioned that the company who hires me will do some training but to better qualify for pharmaceutical sales interviews obtaining a CNPR Certification is important. I am looking at a college near me in Pennsylvania but also considering taking the CNPR course by correspondence. Is anyone aware if it is better to take the CNPR Certification at a university? Any insight woudl be appreciated.

Hello,I am looking for working pharmaceutical reps. I want to offer a fantastic opportunity to generate more income by integrating another product while doing business as usual. You have nothing to lose and all to gain. You have the attention of the doctors and I have a revolutionary new device that can generate money for you as well as the doctor. Let me show you how.
contact me, Brenda
BZstylehive@yahoo.com

42 months ago

Jason M. in Delray Beach, Florida said: The company that hired me called me in for an interview because I was CNPR Certified. I do not think they require it.

Hello,I am looking for working pharmaceutical reps. I want to offer a fantastic opportunity to generate more income by integrating another product while doing business as usual. You have nothing to lose and all to gain. You have the attention of the doctors and I have a revolutionary new device that can generate money for you as well as the doctor. Let me show you how.
contact me, Brenda
BZstylehive@yahoo.com

42 months ago

Hello,I am looking for working pharmaceutical reps, nurses,or anyone who has a good connection with doctors. I want to offer a fantastic opportunity to generate massive income by integrating another product while doing business as usual. You have nothing to lose and all to gain. You have the attention of the doctors and I have a revolutionary new device that can generate money for you as well as the doctor. Let me show you how.
contact me, Brenda
BZstylehive@yahoo.com

Mandy in Boca Raton, Florida

42 months ago

We are also looking for entry level reps who are Certified. Go to www.quintiles.com

rick in Clinton Township, Michigan

42 months ago

could you show me how

SunnySideUp in Rives Junction, Michigan

42 months ago

Mandy in Boca Raton, Florida said: We are also looking for entry level reps who are Certified. Go to www.quintiles.com

Hi Mandy, I will be taking my NapRx exam next week. Will Quintiles consider me prior to having the certification?

Thank you!

Jennifer P. in Barnesville, Georgia

42 months ago

I just got hired by McKesson. I just applied on their website with my certification/pharmaceutical sales training and was called to start interviewing!!!!!

anthonypatel in Boca Raton, Florida

41 months ago

Theres also a career center NAPRx site (free) www.napsronline.org. They have the direct links to companies so it makes the hassle a little easier.

Hope that helps.

Carrie M. in Littleton, CO

41 months ago

The Career Center at the NAPRx is great. I was CNPR Certified and then found a pharma sales rep job shortly after through the Career Center for an opening I do not believe was posted anywhere else but there. Largest trade group for pharmaceutical sales reps in the U.S. and certainly highly recommended.

Morganfrack in Maryland

41 months ago

Hey,any help/advice you can give me would be wonderful. I'm a certified Pharmacy tech and have been since 2004 but been in pharmacy since 2000. Is there a way of breaking into becoming a sales rep w/no college/sales experience? I heard the smaller companies do, but which ones are considered the smaller ones? Any advice on who to contact? Thank you for any suggestions!

bobbyflakes in Boca Raton, Florida

40 months ago

my main question is this...HOW can getting trained in an industry NOT be an effective way of breaking in? That seems like a very ignorant statment...not asking for a job guarantee here...but I think Ill take my chances with the CNPR program...pharmaceutical sales recruiters suggest it...pharmaceutical sales reps suggest it...worst case ill just return it

OhMy! in Grand Rapids, Michigan

40 months ago

CNPR NapRx training, get real, it's a joke. Just read the manual, there are soooo many typos and errors, I laughed out loud while reading the "manual"! You can breeze through the book and pass the test easily. And no, no hits from anyone despite having been told previously that, given my backgroud and experience, to just let the recruiters know when I had my CNPR #. Well, I took their "advice", paid the $250, read this ridiculous manual and haven't gotten any response.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Erica in Boca Raton, Florida

40 months ago

I am a pharmaceutical sales rep with AstraZeneca and they asked me for my CNPR in 2007 when I was hired on.

Stacy M. in Littleton, CO

40 months ago

Great program. I took it at the Community College of Denver. Here is their contact info.

www.gatlineducation.com/ccd/network.htm

Oscar Omurwa in Frisco, Texas

40 months ago

Karen in Dallas,Texas in Tomball, Texas said: WELL, IF YOU HAVE A 4 YEARS DEGREE THIS PROGRAM SHOULD WORK. I have a 3 years BA and pharma companies refuse to see for an interview unless you have a 4th year. Yes, this book at NAPSRx is very informative esp for people who have no clue about the pharma industry.I have my book which I could sell for less, if interested.

How Much will you sell it for?

heather in Columbus, Ohio

39 months ago

Hello, I am currently working for discover financial services at home doing collections.......and I hate it... I really want to change my career ASAP. I am looking to break into mainly medical device sales, but have just mainly heard about CNPR certification for pharmaceutical sales. I have read alot of reviews and heard that it is a great way to break in. I have gone through school for massage therapy know some anatomy,physiology,etc. I have no degree as of yet but I am continuing to get a bachelors in marketing/sales. Does anyone know if this actually will help get a job without a degree. Also looking to buy 2012 manual if anyone has available .
thanks,
Heather

Erica in Houston, Texas

39 months ago

Good program. I took at University of Houston but my friend took it through the NAPRX. The same course at each but it is industry recognized.

Krista in Scottsdale, Arizona

39 months ago

I am wondering if this CNPR program is legit or not. I graduated with a business degree a year ago and took the CNPR exam yesterday and passed. I have no pharm sales experience and less than 6 months of b2b sales experience. I am looking to get hired on ASAP...what is the best way to get interviews? Should I contact companies directly or use the career center on naprsonline.org?

I am also willing to sell the manual for about $100

Karen T. in Scottsdale, AZ

39 months ago

It is certainly legit and I would contact inVentiv Health as they are hiring for pharmaceutical sales.

Karen T. in Scottsdale, AZ

39 months ago

I have a freind who wants to buy the book, what is your email address???

Heather in Columbus, Ohio

39 months ago

Krista in Scottsdale, Arizona said: I am wondering if this CNPR program is legit or not. I graduated with a business degree a year ago and took the CNPR exam yesterday and passed. I have no pharm sales experience and less than 6 months of b2b sales experience. I am looking to get hired on ASAP...what is the best way to get interviews? Should I contact companies directly or use the career center on naprsonline.org?

I am also willing to sell the manual for about $100

Hi krista I would like to purchas the manual if you still have it? Is it the most recent one? Thanks...

miami_user in Coral Gables, Florida

37 months ago

A total waste of your money. It is highly disrespectful and unprofessional promissing to send 12 magazines and not delivering not even one! Needless to say that all interviewers would ask me: What is this NAPR cert. that you list in here?
$329.00 thrown in the trash.
My advise to those who want to break in the field is to remember that saying: is not WHAT you know, but WHO you know.
The course is just another bibliography to reinforce and expand your knowledge, but useless to break in to the pharma sales field. Don't fall into the trap that I fell a year ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

miami_user in Coral Gables, Florida

37 months ago

BTW. many of these blogs are monitored and manipulated by the same NAPR to keep attracting course buyers.

M.G. in Aliso Viejo, California

34 months ago

I TOTALLY AGREE that these companies are SCAMS! PLEASE PEOPLE -get a clue -look at their websites under contact us information, if they were credible -THEY WOULD HAVE A PHONE NUMBER AND ADDRESS. Guess what? THERE IS NONE. I have been contacted by these phonies THREE TIMES who have wasted my time having me answer lengthy list of questions about myself/my experience under the guise of doing so for "their client". WHAT A CROCK people!! All three times, they come back with "advice" that I need these "certifications". Let me tell you, I am a credentialed Respiratory Practitioner with a list of certifcations, a science degree, two years clinical experience and NINETEEN years sales experience!!! Do you think I need their little whimpy "certifications" which I have NEVER heard of in the medical world that I've worked in, by the way. Two of these are: pharmrepstaff.com & www.recruitmedicalreps.com. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME replying to their "list of questions for their client"... I went on a REAL interview for a sales position with a HUGE Healthcare company -they did not require any of their stupid "certifications" by the way... Go ahead, go to their websites -take a look under contact us -where is their address? Where is their phone number? If a company is credible -they have NO REASON to HIDE...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

The other name you should be aware of: MedRep Source Staffing this is linked with the www.recruitmedicalreps.com!! Don't fall for this CRAP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

I have reported these companies to the FBI's Cyber Fraud unit. I don't believe any good comments on this site about these "certifications" -it is someone who works for these outfits that is trying to throw a cover out there. DO NOT BUY INTO THIS!! I am in the medical field and through my education and clinical experience and REAL certifications, I have NEVER heard of these, nor has my friend who is a medical sales rep!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

It doesn't matter. These "schools" that offer this crap are doing so by fraudulent and false means. ANY organization that utilizes shady means by which to sell their product or ANY of their affiliates do -WRONG. I've reported it -let the authorities make the ultimate decision. AND I AM A MEDICAL PROFESSION with REAL CREDENTIALS/CERTIFICATIONS, so what you say to me means NOTHING -NADA -ZILTCH!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

george.hill.joy in Pompano Beach, Florida

34 months ago

Actually...I got in the industry with CNPR....if you want...email me at george.hill.joy@hotmail.com
I don't have all the answers,but if you are determined, these programs can certainly help you with the knowledge side.

Everyone have a good day.

George Joy, CNPR

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Don'tbelieveit in Phoenix, Arizona

34 months ago

miami_user in Coral Gables, Florida said: A total waste of your money. It is highly disrespectful and unprofessional promissing to send 12 magazines and not delivering not even one! Needless to say that all interviewers would ask me: What is this NAPR cert. that you list in here?
$329.00 thrown in the trash.
My advise to those who want to break in the field is to remember that saying: is not WHAT you know, but WHO you know.
The course is just another bibliography to reinforce and expand your knowledge, but useless to break in to the pharma sales field. Don't fall into the trap that I fell a year ago.

I had applied for a job and got this stuff sent to me, and I smelled SCAM right away too.
Why are these people paying people to get coursework for a job like that? Once they pay to take a course, then they won't get the job for lack of experience.

Just more SKOOLS ripping people off. People, don't pay into this stuff...they will always post how they found a job here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

M.G. in Aliso Viejo, California said: It doesn't matter. These "schools" that offer this crap are doing so by fraudulent and false means. ANY organization that utilizes shady means by which to sell their product or ANY of their affiliates do -WRONG. I've reported it -let the authorities make the ultimate decision. AND I AM A MEDICAL PROFESSION with REAL CREDENTIALS/CERTIFICATIONS, so what you say to me means NOTHING -NADA -ZILTCH!!

Ditto.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

like i said...anyone can email me....anytime....and i can spell...(skools...lol)
george.hill.joy@hotmail.com

34 months ago

Thank you for your EXPERTISE on this matter. There just seems to be some people in DENIAL. You know how I found out about these GREAT credentials or whatever they PURPORT to be? I replied to what I thought were job openings on this job site only to have some SCAMMERS, representing themselves as "recruiters", email me SEVERAL times asking me to fill out their questionaires for "their client companies" who were interested in me as a candidate, then after I wasted my time by replying to three of these supposed "recruiters" (all three from supposedly different employment recruiting agencies), all three responded with the SAME, EXACT, ALMOST VERBATIM REPLY: "you need these two certifications in order for the employer to hire you... and oh by the way... here are the schools that provide those"... Well, right then I knew I was DOOPED, but nonetheless I confronted all three of these "recruiters" to see what they would say, ALL THREE SAID VERBATIM "we aren't affiliated with those companies, I'm just letting you know what the client requires"... Well, you know what THERE IS NO CLIENT and I'll repeat myself for sh-ts & giggles, ANY SCHOOL THAT MARKETS THERE PRODUCT THIS WAY IS A SCAM TOO. And, just as a side not, all of these "recruiters" websites have NO PHONE NUMBERS or ADDRESSES for their "businesses" under their contact us section. Now, if that doesn't raise a BIG RED FLAG for you, I don't know what will! Legitimate companies have NO REASON TO HIDE -remember that. Legitimate companies list their phone number and address!! This will be my last email because frankly, after all you, I and others have said, if these people don't get it -there's no helping them...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

Never pay for a job. Never.

34 months ago

Don'tbelieveit in Phoenix, Arizona said: Never pay for a job. Never.

You are absolutely right….people should never have to pay for a job…as long as they have the proper training they are eligible

34 months ago

george.hill.joy in Pompano Beach, Florida said: You are absolutely right….people should never have to pay for a job…as long as they have the proper training they are eligible

Sales is more about having a sales background and a track record. If someone has a brain, they can learn the product.

But companies can decide what "proper training" is and ask for money.

There was a time when companies paid you to train. When you train, you are spending your time and money to show up. You are doing the company a favor, not the other way around.

34 months ago

I promised the previous was my last statement, but I had to comment because you are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. You NEVER pay for training to get a job. I have been around the block, I have NINETEEN years of sales experience. I have held many sales positions with many reputable, large corporations, like Gateway Computer and H&R Block. I have been around long enough to see and be offered scams. I've been offered to sell in scam organizations and mult-level management crap. I know friends who have had experiences. I hate to admit, when I was young and ignorant, I bought in to one of them and threw away $600 (today's money = about $1500) when that was my last dime in the bank while being unemployed -the people who sold me on it knew that, yu think they cared? No. Their job was to sell no matter the cost). So, when I warn you people, I am not doing it from a place of malice. I am doing so from a place where I am hoping my experience will help you. DON'T BE DOOPED.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

Thanks, but I know that, I am a credentialed Respiratory Practitioner for God sakes and I have nineteen years sales experience with reputable, big corporations. I also have Pharmacology education (have to have it for Respiratory)and other certifications. I have NEVER worked for multi-level mgmt stuff, what I am saying is these types of "sales tactics" mimic that and people on here should be aware of that. I am not on here to get help from anyone, I am 50 years old, interviewing and fine. I am ONLY on here to WARN people as to what I came across while on my job searches and what they should be aware of -that's it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

But thanks for your suggestions, I do appreciate you being helpful to others -that is a quality I admire.

34 months ago

Thanks a million -good advice -mucho appreciated! Again, I appreciate your helpfullness to everyone -admirable for certain!

Patel in Roselle, New Jersey

34 months ago

I am a business major and i just finished my BA is international business. I have 3 years of sales experience but i feel there is a lot of potential in pharma sales. Is it worth it to take the CNPR exam??? please let me know

H.H. in Lawrenceville, Georgia

33 months ago

Brad Kenny in Chicago, Illinois said: I would say yes. It is the process of documenting your basic knowledge, comprehension and ability to apply the information in practice. Upon successfully completing the CNPR accreditation exam you earn the privilege of being called an accredited representative, and you have the right to place the CNPR designation next to your name. Thousands of reps every take the vocational course to enter a career in pharmaceutical sales.

The CNPR is available at over 300 universities and also online through a national trade group. The program is also industry recognized.

I'm looking at getting the NAPSR online program's manual--- does anyone think that the manual would be sufficient enough in order to pass the TEST? Didn't know if I should order the practice quizzes too?? (Many years ago I was a pharmacy tech for 5 years and have recently left teaching.) I just want to get more knowledge and hopefully make my resume look a little better!! Appreciate any comments here.

Page:  « First « Previous   7  8  9  10  11  12  Next »   Last »