Anyone ever gone through Pharmaceutical Sales Certification course through NAPSRx?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 563)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

Training Mgr.

66 months ago

We can do it through the PAYPAL account. Give me your email and I can send instuctions. My email again is glaxosalesmgr09@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Denise Weinert in San Francisco, California

66 months ago

Theresa Cochran in Westchester, New York said: I work for Merck and I know they look for a 4 year degree. However, we do have some people who have had long careers in the military or in sales and no degrees who ended up working as pharma reps. I know our company uses the NAPSRx. I recommend their CNPR Training to anyone trying to break into the industry. It is a lot easier for the pharmaceutical companies to get new reps out into the sales field if they already have pharmaceutical sales training.

Theresa,
I am in the San Francisco Bay Area, I am doing the home training rather than taking the course work at a local college. Any recommendations for me?? Once I pass the test what is the protocol for a job search?
Thanks,
Denise
Palo Alto, CA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Denise Weinert in San Francisco, California

66 months ago

leving in New York, New York said: Ive been in Big Pharma for 9 year, of which 5 have been in management. I would bet that 90% of Managers and/or Directors have very little familiarity with the specifics of this program. The problem that I have is that its giving people a false sense of hope that if they spend their money to take this class, then it will land them a job in pharma. If you are the right candidate and have the qualities and skills that a hiring manager is looking for, this course wont make a difference. On the other hand, if you dont have the skills and you are not a fit for the position, the course wont make a difference. Pharma companies will train you on everything you need to know in order to be successful. Dont waste your money folks....its a joke!!!!

Well, what does one do when you want to break into pharmaceuticals and you send out a variety of emails and resumes and get no response. I have experience in sales and know I can sell! Any suggestions... Could I send you my resume and see what you think?

Thanks,

Denise
Palo Alto, CA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cathy Smith in Denver, Colorado

66 months ago

Justin-Lilly Sales Mgr. in Chicago, Illinois said: I work for Eli Lilly and we recently hired several CNPR Graduates. I know several of them would be willing to sell their used NAPSRx Training Manuals. Some are 2007 and others 2008. Email me if you want to purchase any of them at jst_lilly@yahoo.com

Hi Justin,

I had completed the program a couple of years ago. I would love to break into this line of work. I have 18 yrs. of proven sales experience, three years of college in Nursing and 4 cr. hours short of a Double Bachelors in Business admin and management. I am also willing to relocate for the right job. Do you have any openings you might consider me for?

Best Regards
Cathy Smith

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Gretchen

66 months ago

I have been a rep for 7 years. Some pharmaceutical companies are not hiring at the moment. However, I would say only 50% have sales rep openings presently. I would apply to Astellas, Ventiv, Novartis and Novo Nordisk as they are all hiring. I have only heard good things about the CNPR program. Any vocational education is a good thing being that the pharma industry is so technical. Anyone who is telling you otherwise does not know what they are talking about.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Denise Weinert in San Francisco, California

66 months ago

Gretchen,
Thanks for the advice!!
Denise
Palo Alto, CA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cathy Smith in Denver, Colorado

66 months ago

Hi Grechen,

Thanks for the heads up on these companies, I will give them a try. I agree with you, the program was excellent and furthering your education is always a good thing. I took the coarse and loved it even though I am still looking for job in this field.

Cathy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jetta1999 in Stuart, Florida

66 months ago

How long does it take to complete the course?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ryan

66 months ago

At a college it a one semester course otherwise if you take it by correspondence it takes about 75-80 hours of your time. I took it by correspondence.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jason in Maumee, Ohio

65 months ago

I have been reading the posts on this blog regarding the validity and/or the necessity of the CNPSR training/certification for people (like myself) trying to gain entry into the pharma sales industry. Obviously, if you've read through them, there are mixed opinions on both sides.

After being downsized from my job with a communications company after almost 14 years of service, I've decided to change careers and pursue a career in pharma sales with my BA degree in Sports Medicine. In doing so, I've been looking at and applying for numerous pharma sales job postings on Indeed, Career Builder, Monster, etc.

After hearing about the CNPSR certification, reading the responses on this blog, and reviewing the job requirements and qualifications on those job posings (and also on the job descriptions on pharma company websites I've looked at), I don't recall ever reading or seeing the CNPSR certification as a job requirement or even as being preferred for the job.

While I am all for continuing education, I'm still on the fence of whether the CNPSR certification is useful in helping someone like myself get into the pharma sales industry. I can understand its value and purpose once your hired for the job, but doesn't the hiring pharmaceutical company basically provide that in their training of the new employee?

I'm having trouble digesting the value of it during job searching and pre-company employment phases because it is such a specialized area of training/certification. If for some reason you aren't able to get an interview or a job in the industry, it's not something that is not transferable to another line of work.

Does anyone have any thoughts on my perspective?

Jason

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jason in Maumee, Ohio

65 months ago

Jason in Maumee, Ohio said: I have been reading the posts on this blog regarding the validity and/or the necessity of the CNPSR training/certification for people (like myself) trying to gain entry into the pharma sales industry. Obviously, if you've read through them, there are mixed opinions on both sides.

After being downsized from my job with a communications company after almost 14 years of service, I've decided to change careers and pursue a career in pharma sales with my BA degree in Sports Medicine. In doing so, I've been looking at and applying for numerous pharma sales job postings on Indeed, Career Builder, Monster, etc.

After hearing about the CNPSR certification, reading the responses on this blog, and reviewing the job requirements and qualifications on those job posings (and also on the job descriptions on pharma company websites I've looked at), I don't recall ever reading or seeing the CNPSR certification as a job requirement or even as being preferred for the job.

While I am all for continuing education, I'm still on the fence of whether the CNPSR certification is useful in helping someone like myself get into the pharma sales industry. I can understand its value and purpose once your hired for the job, but doesn't the hiring pharmaceutical company basically provide that in their training of the new employee?

I'm having trouble digesting the value of it during job searching and pre-company employment phases because it is such a specialized area of training/certification. If for some reason you aren't able to get an interview or a job in the industry, it's not something that is not transferable to another line of work.

Does anyone have any thoughts on my perspective?

Jason

Sorry for the typo in the last sentence. It should read as "...it's not something that is transferable to another line of work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lakievia Curd in Augusta, Georgia

65 months ago

Hi Jason,

I recently obtained my CNPR from NAPRX. Honestly, with the economy being like it is it's going to be competitive so it is hard to tell what the reason could be but, I haven't advance any further than I was before I got it. I am confident it will come in handy if I ever get hired but I don't think it will until then. Even the companies that are supposed to be partners with NAPRX do not list them as a referral source, like they list all these other sources.

I haven't seen NAPRX on any "partner" sites. Also, I've spoken with a Regional Manager from Johnson and Johnson I know through acquitance and she hadn't even heard of it.

I learned a lot taking the course and I feel much more knowledgeable about the field. I would highly recommend the course to any who is thinking about the field because it definitely teaches you about the field, what's expected, how to be a good rep, and about the challenges of the field. Although the companies do train thier employees on how to sell thier products, NAPRX is general and teaches you how to sell anyone's products while giving information that could impact your career in a highly negative way if you entered the field without knowledge of the industry and profession.

However, I don't have pharmaceutical companies beating my door down either offering me jobs.

Jason, for you, I think it would be good. Even though it doesn't say it is required, you have a degree in Sports Medicine and a lot of experience in the communications field. Honestly, I think this was definitely created for people like you. All of the education and skills you possess now are great and the CNPR certification would definitely be a plus. Getting your CNPR would be a really smart move for you to make. You will learn a lot and it will not be hard to assimilate all of the info you will learn from the course into your other skills and education.
Another benefit I feel like I received is a better introduction into the field than those

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lakievia Curd in Augusta, Georgia

65 months ago

Lakievia Curd in Augusta, Georgia said: Hi Jason,

I recently obtained my CNPR from NAPRX. Honestly, with the economy being like it is it's going to be competitive so it is hard to tell what the reason could be but, I haven't advance any further than I was before I got it. I am confident it will come in handy if I ever get hired but I don't think it will until then. Even the companies that are supposed to be partners with NAPRX do not list them as a referral source, like they list all these other sources.

I haven't seen NAPRX on any "partner" sites. Also, I've spoken with a Regional Manager from Johnson and Johnson I know through acquitance and she hadn't even heard of it.

I learned a lot taking the course and I feel much more knowledgeable about the field. I would highly recommend the course to any who is thinking about the field because it definitely teaches you about the field, what's expected, how to be a good rep, and about the challenges of the field. Although the companies do train thier employees on how to sell thier products, NAPRX is general and teaches you how to sell anyone's products while giving information that could impact your career in a highly negative way if you entered the field without knowledge of the industry and profession.

However, I don't have pharmaceutical companies beating my door down either offering me jobs.

Jason, for you, I think it would be good. Even though it doesn't say it is required, you have a degree in Sports Medicine and a lot of experience in the communications field. Honestly, I think this was definitely created for people like you. All of the education and skills you possess now are great and the CNPR certification would definitely be a plus. Getting your CNPR would be a really smart move for you to make. You will learn a lot and it will not be hard to assimilate all of the info you will learn from the course into your other skills and education.
Another benefit I feel like I received is a better

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jason in Maumee, Ohio

65 months ago

Lakievia Curd in Augusta, Georgia said:

Hi Lakievia,

Thanks for responding. I certainly appreciate it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not discounting the information and knowledge that can obtained by taking the course and certification exam in any way. As you said, I'm sure it provides a very good insight about the industry.

My only hang up is the $1500 to $1700 investment through Gatlin Education Services via a partnering college/university for a very specialized "non-college credit" certification program that would not be helpful to me in anything other than the field of pharmaceutical sales. I am still going to pursue a career in pharma, but at the same time, I've got to be realistic in my financial responsibilities to my family, home, and expenses with that kind of educational investment and being unemployed at the same time. No pun intended here, but I guess I am still looking for the "one thing" that really sells me on the idea that this certification course is worthwhile both from a financial and educational standpoint in helping me to gain entry into this field.

I've got some pharma sales networking contacts here in the northwest Ohio area, and they've been very instrumental in helping me understand a little bit about the industry as well as helping me to structure my resume accordingly. I will check with them to get their perspective on the certification as I am still considering taking the course.

Jason

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lakievia Curd in Augusta, Georgia

65 months ago

Hey Jason,

You're welcome. I understand exactly what you mean about the money and you are absolutely right, it doesn't make you look good for anything else. I used a scholarship I had to pay for the coure. It cost me $1200 because I use that for other expenses as well, so I didn't really have that extra money.

You said something about your resume. They show you how to right a resume for Pharmaceutical Sales, apparently, the hiring people in that field like to see certain things.

I enjoyed taking the course but I am a wife and mother of 2, so I know the money is not that appealing. It was a little high but don't go through Gatlin. I don't think you have to. I think you can just go to their website www.napsronline.org
and purchase your material directly from them. It's a fraction of the price. The only reason I didn't do it that way is because I wanted to go through univeristy here because I needed my scholarship to help pay for it. Check out thier site and let me know what you think.
Please keep me updated, I'm curious to know how it all works out for you. Talk to you soon. Lakievia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cathy Smith in Denver, Colorado

65 months ago

Hi All,

I have found that if you do not have a bachelors degree no one will look at your resume. I am only 4 cr. hrs short of a double bachelors with extensive sales and medical background and have been applying for a position for a year and can not get a call back. If you do not have a degree this course will not help you to get a job. (just the facts)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

InTheZone in Tulsa, Oklahoma

65 months ago

Cathy Smith in Denver, Colorado said: Hi All,

I have found that if you do not have a bachelors degree no one will look at your resume. I am only 4 cr. hrs short of a double bachelors with extensive sales and medical background and have been applying for a position for a year and can not get a call back. If you do not have a degree this course will not help you to get a job. (just the facts)

Totally agree- I have 23 years in the business and I know of no one who would hire someone based on NAPRx or any other on line course to become a rep.....you need a college degree...end of story. Companies hire people with no experience, a lot of experience, but never because you had one of those on line courses. 15 months ago the Manager with the NAPRx blasted those who critized his company on this site...problem with him was he was all talk but no substance...talkes about pharma conventions they attend and write for news letters we all see. Only conventions that mean anything for us are those that involve our doctors...and do we really care who write the stuff we read, if indeed they did write it??? Everyone can do it on their own- lots of resumes and connections and recruiters....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Charles in Chandler, Arizona

65 months ago

Looking to network with pharmaceutical representatives or connect with a medical recruiter in the Phoenix AZ metro area. I have a bachelors and a master’s degree with 12 years of outside sales experience with 4.5 of that selling Sharp copiers.

Currently I have a certification for pharmaceutical sales but not sure who to speak with when stepping out into this field. Any suggestions or directions one might pursue would greatly be valued.

Regards,

Charles

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

InTheZone in Tulsa, Oklahoma

65 months ago

Charles in Chandler, Arizona said: Looking to network with pharmaceutical representatives or connect with a medical recruiter in the Phoenix AZ metro area. I have a bachelors and a master’s degree with 12 years of outside sales experience with 4.5 of that selling Sharp copiers.

Currently I have a certification for pharmaceutical sales but not sure who to speak with when stepping out into this field. Any suggestions or directions one might pursue would greatly be valued.

Regards,

Charles

You need to find recruiters...because they are going to get paid if they can place you..Problem with the industry now is that it has laid off thousands of reps and some are trying to get back in to the field and others are leaving. But a lot of companies want to hire new reps with little experience because they do not have to pay the high salaries that older reps make...so there is hope.

Look at monster.com because you will see a lot of recruiting companies posting as well as companies...Medzilla is a good one. Connect with the recruiting companies personally.But there are a lot of people swamping the recruiters. Getting a job make take a while because of the companies down sizing...but good luck. Any questions again. please post. and also, do yo uhave friends in the industry??? network!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

john in Dallas, Texas

65 months ago

I am about to graduate from radiology program next month and thinking about working as a sales pharmaceutical company, Is there anybody out there may give me advice whether I am aiming right, Sales pharmaceutical seems promising since jobs in radiology is diminishing. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

john in Dallas, Texas

65 months ago

Megan-P in Naples, Florida said: I know our company, GlaxoSmithKline, has job postings on the NAPSRX website. I am a sales mgr. and would like to receive resumes for CNPR Graduates for the Southern U.S. Region. My email is glaxosalesmgr09@aol.com

Hi, I am about to graduate from radiology program next month. I am interested with sales pharmaceutical career but does not have NASPR Certification. Would you receive my resume? pls let me know

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

InTheZone in Tulsa, Oklahoma

65 months ago

john in Dallas, Texas said: Hi, I am about to graduate from radiology program next month. I am interested with sales pharmaceutical career but does not have NASPR Certification. Would you receive my resume? pls let me know

Merck and Pfizer started in the 90's the POD system...where they had a group of 5 reps or more calling on the same group of doctors. The whole industry went that way. When you are on a rotation of calling on docs along with your POD mates, the doc was hearing the same message on the same drugs repeatedly in a week's time...it got old for the docs. in the late 80's and early 90's, there were around 25, 000 reps in the industry...around 2005, there were over 110,000- way too many. Now all the companies are laying off reps and making more like one or two reps calling in the doc with the same or slightly different drugs or messages. I am wanting out of the industry because of a lot of factors....what else could you do with a radiology degree??? Nuclear medicine? companies that specilaize in mobile radiology or who sell radiology equip? I think you are more sellable then those of us who have sold drugs for years. Me and friends with more then 8 years of experience are looking to get out. Doc offices are closed to reps in most cities.. we have really become UPS delivery people in a lot of cases..and when you have a manager with you and you need to show him or her what you can do in front of a doc and managers are usually not allowed in offices, it's tough- lots more reasons I could go in too....Post on Medzilla because you would or could be a good rep for medical devices etc.... MRI is a large international recruiting company that has recruiters thta specilaize in certain area's- tale a lok at that site for starts. I know lots of individual ones and am not sure that would help you much! write back if you need any other info!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

InTheZone in Tulsa, Oklahoma

65 months ago

I have read thru this site I recently found and can't believe that people are being told to get or have to have a NAPRx or whatever certificate. It is just not true and it will not get you a job as a pharma rep. You might be able to use their resources to get a job, but having read on their site- and they state jobs are available with companies that are laying off- they just want your money for something you can do on your own.

If you want to know what it is like to be a rep- and to see how other reps feel about the job, the company, the people they work with etc- go to this site:

www.cafepharma.com go to BOARDS the COMPANY BOARDS.

You will see every pharma company listed...it's a B**** place for people in the industry to talk, complain, backstab, rumors, losing their jobs, hating their managers etc. There is a lot of crap on it but between the lines there is a lot of truth. If you are interested in a partivcular company, read the blogs...I do when I am looking to move to another company. Also keep in mind, having a job with a company that has dog drugs is not fun..do your research in to managed care advantages etc....even if it's not on a formulary, you still have to sell it and those are touch sells and tough to make money! Manager will write you up, plan of action and your gone in 60 days. Not your fault but that's why you were hired- to move product...regardless of the barriers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Charles in Chandler, Arizona

65 months ago

InTheZone in Tulsa - Thank you, great suggestions

Regards,

Charles

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

InTheZone in Tulsa, Oklahoma

65 months ago

Charles- You will get a totally different outlook on pharma reps looking at the site (LOL). FYI- I grew up in Scottsdale and am only here in Tulsa because a sales job brought me here. OK place to live but I am looking to leave. Pharmaceuticals is not what it used to be- and it used to be a very fun job!!!

Let me know what you think of Cafepharma........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Maria Galer in Denver, Colorado

65 months ago

Hello, I am looking for a job as sales representative in pharmaceutical in Denver, CO.

If anyone knows about any available position please let me know.

Thanks,

Maria

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Stillen91 in Pueblo, Colorado

64 months ago

Im currently a high school senior gratuating in May and going to college in the fall and i was wondering what courses to take in college so that i can get a degree as a pharmaceutical drug rep. Being that you all know more about this field than I, I would appreciate if you could possibly give me advice on what college courses i can take to get that extra step in furthering myself in this career path.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Denise Weinert in Fremont, California

64 months ago

Get a good 4 year education. I degree with a Bachelor's of Science or a Bachelor's of Art. Network with people, companies that appeal to you and try to get an internship when you are either a junior or senior at college at a company you are interested in regarding their products and or services. Good luck with your education and don't drop out regardless of how burnt out you get!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa Lane in Jackson, New Jersey

64 months ago

I have been a pharma sales consultant since 1999 and have helped thousands break into pharma sales....I network with recruiters, work with job seekers, current reps, managers in the industry, etc. Never ever in my entire career as a consultant or while employed in the industry have I ever heard of anyone ask for, or prefer a certified applicant. When I see the certification number listed on a resume....I never let the applicant know that I feel that they have wasted their time......But in my head I am saying.....You poor thing....If you had only spent your time wisely networking, and getting your resume into the right hands rather than taking this course, you would probably have a much better chance at landing interviews by now. In a nutshell, I like to think of this course like this.....Pharma managers are looking for a certain type of individual to fill their openings, they are looking for college grads with a 4 year degree, leaders, achievers with a history of successes in life. They are not advertising that they want individuals who have read a book and taken a test online.....by the way....cant anyone take a test online? Save your time and money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Megan-P in Naples, Florida

64 months ago

I want to take my CNPR Certification at a college here in South Florida. Does anyone know which colleges near Naples, FL offers the pharmaceutical sales certification. My brother is a pharmaceutical rep and he is certified but took his by correspondence.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cynthia in Maryland Heights, Missouri

64 months ago

Certified National Pharmaceutical Representative
GES 106 -- 120 hours www.gatlineducation.com

This nationally recognized Pharmaceutical Sales Representative online training course (CNPR) and program was developed in response to a rising need for entry-level certified pharmaceutical sales representatives. The program is designed for individuals who want to gain entry into the pharmaceutical industry but who lack the required pharmacology and medical education. This online certificate program is only offered in partnership with major accredited colleges and universities.

If you have questions call Gatlin Education at:

Gatlin Education
109 East 3rd Street, Suite 350
Fort Worth, TX 76102 USA
Email: gatlin.support@cengage.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Denise Weinert in Los Angeles, California

64 months ago

Hi Lisa,
What would you recommend for me to break into Pharmaceuticals. I am in the San Francisco Bay Area and have experience in sales and education but not in the medical industry. Any suggestions on what companies I should apply to or any networking that you can suggest.

Thanks,
Denise Weinert
San Francisco Bay Area

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary Anne in Saint Louis, Missouri

64 months ago

With no medical or pharmacology education you should most certainly obtain your CNPR Certification to attract pharmaceutical companies. Anyone telling you that you can get into the highly technical industry of pharmaceutical sales is telling you a lie. Education and industry knowledge is the key qualifying factor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Stillen91 in Pueblo, Colorado

64 months ago

Lisa Lane in Jackson, New Jersey said: I have been a pharma sales consultant since 1999 and have helped thousands break into pharma sales....I network with recruiters, work with job seekers, current reps, managers in the industry, etc. Never ever in my entire career as a consultant or while employed in the industry have I ever heard of anyone ask for, or prefer a certified applicant. When I see the certification number listed on a resume....I never let the applicant know that I feel that they have wasted their time......But in my head I am saying.....You poor thing....If you had only spent your time wisely networking, and getting your resume into the right hands rather than taking this course, you would probably have a much better chance at landing interviews by now. In a nutshell, I like to think of this course like this.....Pharma managers are looking for a certain type of individual to fill their openings, they are looking for college grads with a 4 year degree, leaders, achievers with a history of successes in life. They are not advertising that they want individuals who have read a book and taken a test online.....by the way....cant anyone take a test online? Save your time and money.

Lisa Lane,
since you have been a consultant and have obvious superior knowledge about pharmaceutical drug sales it would be a huge mistake not to try and learn from you all that i can about the industry. Im currently a High School Senior graduation within the month and am wondering what courses to take, books to read, people to meet, hands to shake in order to persue a career in Pharma sales. Even if you cant help me in any of those areas, talking about your experience in the field would be more then apprciated.

thanks, Joshua

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

noel in Bloomfield, New Jersey

64 months ago

Hello

please anyone, i would like to complete my BA with devry. Has anyone attended that school and which degree would you recomend to start in this field.

I heAR YOU NEED A BA AND SOME EMPLOYERS DOES NOT REQUIRE IT. CAN YOU REALLY GET THE JOB IF YOU FINISH YOUR BA? DOES IT HAVE TO BE IN THE MEDICAL BACKGROUND OR ANY MOJOR.

I ALSO KNOW THAT YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE CERTIFIED EXAM. WHERE DO YOU TAKE IT?

IS NAPSR THE ONLY PLACE WHERE YOU CAN TAKE THE EXAM. I WANTED TO FIND OUT THE RULES AND REGULATION FROM THE STATE BOARD EXAM WEBISTE BUT HAVING DIFFICULTY FINDING IT.

IS NAPSR A SCHOOL? I KNOW YOU CAN TAKE THE EXAM WITH THEM. I AM CONFUSED

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lakievia Curd in Augusta, Georgia

64 months ago

Congratulations to you! You can obtain your certification through CNPRS directly or you can go through a local college. Gatlin education services should offer the course through a college near you. I went through Augusta State University and Gatlin to obtain mine. The program was great and it didn't take very long. It depends on you. I do want to advise that it will probably be cheaper to go through NAPRS but when I graduated from my program my certificate came directly from my college. Check out all of you options! I wish you the best.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa Lane in Jackson, New Jersey

64 months ago

Stillen91 in Pueblo, Colorado said: Lisa Lane,
since you have been a consultant and have obvious superior knowledge about pharmaceutical drug sales it would be a huge mistake not to try and learn from you all that i can about the industry. Im currently a High School Senior graduation within the month and am wondering what courses to take, books to read, people to meet, hands to shake in order to persue a career in Pharma sales. Even if you cant help me in any of those areas, talking about your experience in the field would be more then apprciated.

thanks, Joshua

Hi Joshua,
Absolutely. Learn as much as you can about the industry in general. There is no need to study medical terminology and pharmacology to enter this field....all that will be taught in intial sales training. Best bet would be to work on filling up your resume with qualifications that will make you stand out from other pharma sales applicants. First, go to college. Pharma managers hire from all degree backgrounds. The key once in college is to do well. Pharma managers will be looking for a good GPA, leadership skills and communication skills. I always suggest some sales and marketing as well as puplic speaking courses. Do community service, etc. Once out, create a resume that demands attention and get it out there. To your success!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

PharmaRep in Tulsa, Oklahoma

64 months ago

How many managers out there looking to hire someone because of a CNPRS certificate? It is a waste of time and money and will not do a thing to get you a job in the industry that you can not do yourself. Look at the posts on this site. The positive ones towards CNPRS come in waves of people posting all at the same time from across the country all touting how good a course it is and how they all got a job because of it.....BS- YOU DON'T NEED ANY STUPID CERTIFICATE TO BREAK IN TO THE INDUSTRY. Don't believe me? Ask people that are reps and not people off this site and see what they say.....I can guarantee that none of them will say it was because of any course-

Here's a response off Forest Laboratories and the reps who's name appears as a "CNPRS Success"

www.cafepharma.com Forest Labs blog
I think these testimonials are bogus, I work for another pharma and they used my name just spelled it a little differently and listed my company on there as if I has used them when I ABSOLUTELY DID NOT I think a lot of it is made up!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeff Steininger in Indianapolis, Indiana

63 months ago

Wow. Very eye-opening. I've been a retail pharmacist for the last 16 yrs. and was thinking of going into sales. Seems a bad time in general for such a change. Was hoping my B.S. and experience might give me a 'leg up'. Not so sure now. Have had no job responses in the Indianapolis area for the last 2+ weeks. I tend to believe the overall consensus that the NAPRx cert. is not a wise investment for me at this point.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Samantha in Saint Helen, Michigan

62 months ago

Joyce in Los Angeles, California said: Hi, I may be interested in purchasing these manuals, can you email me at allee@tmail.com so we can discuss the details.

Thanks!

I have an extra NAPRX, National Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Certification book if anyone is interested? They send me 2 for some reason and I obviously only need one haha... E-mail me at glove2sl@cmich.edu for more information.
-Samantha

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Queen Creek, Arizona

62 months ago

Samantha in Saint Helen, Michigan said: I have an extra NAPRX, National Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Certification book if anyone is interested? They send me 2 for some reason and I obviously only need one haha... E-mail me at glove2sl@cmich.edu for more information.
-Samantha

I'm interested, can you email me at acmason1@live.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

nsb318 in Livonia, Michigan

62 months ago

I was mulling over the NAPRX training course for the past few months but after reading some of these posts I'm not so sure if its the best time for this investment. I've also read on other boards most pharma companies have never heard of NAPRX nor does give applicants any leverage whatsoever. I have a hard time believing this is actually true but I could be wrong. Furthermore, I've heard for the first time in 50 years the pharma industry will be declining in 09. I would contend there will be cutbacks and hiring freezes. My mother is an RN and she always tells me how her hospital maybe working at a loss come December due to lack of funds from the increasing uninsured or those patients who forgo medical assistance because of the expense. I would have to imagine this affects the pharmaceutical industry in some way or another. Secondly, what will President Obama's health care initiatives have on the industry? Lastly, my state has been hit extremely hard by unemployment due to the automotive industry collapse (14-17% unemployment)and I just don't feel this is a very opportune time to invest in something I'm a bit skeptical about. I may just stick to graduate certification through local universities which has an established track record. Feel free to comment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

A Tucker in Chicago, Illinois

62 months ago

There are several pharmaceutical companies still hiring quite a few new reps. Certainly, when they have new pharmaceutical products in their product pipeline and then those products come to market, hundreds of new pharmaceutical reps need to be hired. There are some truths that a few of the larger pharma companies lost their steady stream of new products and their new hiring has slowed. The Obama health plan is going to do nothing but increase the demand for pharmaceutical products with so many new patients being able to afford or be covered by prescription benefits. The NAPRx has a good track record and recognized name. It is a personal decision on your behalf on whether or now you want to go into this industry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

09hamilton in Lewisville, Texas

62 months ago

I worked inside pharmaceutical sales for several years with 2 outside reps coving almost all of the state of LA and half of MS. I broke in with no prior training but background in sales. They started me out calling dead accts in the midwest before giving me one of the most lucrative areas in the nation. I started in the animal medical field where most employees are former disgruntled vet techs. Benefits, perks, pay are great! It is a very comprehensive education (on the job) as most drugs and procedures go thru animal medical prior to human usages. Often these are blind ads under sales or professions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ACM in Queen Creek, Arizona

62 months ago

Looking for a used NAPRX, National Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Certification book, contact me at acmason1@live.com
thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

pharma0709 in Naples, Florida

62 months ago

ACM in Queen Creek, Arizona said: Looking for a used NAPRX, National Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Certification book, contact me at acmason1@live.com
thank you.

You dont need this to get into the industry....here is the best advice and investment you can possibly get: Insider's Guide to the World of Pharmaceutical Sales by Jane Williams - BUY IT!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

trebon in Naples, Florida

62 months ago

Megan-P in Naples, Florida said: I know our company, GlaxoSmithKline, has job postings on the NAPSRX website. I am a sales mgr. and would like to receive resumes for CNPR Graduates for the Southern U.S. Region. My email is glaxosalesmgr09@aol.com

I am a 45 yr. old single Mom of two, who is looking into getting the CNPR certification to hopefully aquire a job in pharmaceutical sales within the South or SW florida territory. I have been in business management pretty much all of my adult life and feel that I would excel in a position such as this. Where should I take this course? I've heard mixed things concerning this course, can you give me some valuable insight?

Greatly Appreciated,
Theresa

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

trebon in Naples, Florida

62 months ago

trebon in Naples, Florida said: I am a 45 yr. old single Mom of two, who is looking into getting the CNPR certification to hopefully aquire a job in pharmaceutical sales within the South or SW florida territory. I have been in business management pretty much all of my adult life and feel that I would excel in a position such as this. Where should I take this course? I've heard mixed things concerning this course, can you give me some valuable insight?

Greatly Appreciated,
Theresa

I have also forwarded my resume to your e-mail.
Thanks much for your time and possble consideration.

Theresa R.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Erica in Ballwin, Missouri

62 months ago

I think that because GSK honors the program that you should take it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Erica in Ballwin, Missouri

62 months ago

Since GSK uses the NAPRx I would use the program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »