Anyone ever gone through Pharmaceutical Sales Certification course through NAPSRx?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 250 of 563)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

Lisa Bauer in Marietta, Georgia

61 months ago

The CNPR Certification is a good idea for anyone looking to get into pharmaceutical sales.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Wichita, Kansas

61 months ago

noel in Bloomfield, New Jersey said: Hello

please anyone, i would like to complete my BA with devry. Has anyone attended that school and which degree would you recomend to start in this field.

I heAR YOU NEED A BA AND SOME EMPLOYERS DOES NOT REQUIRE IT. CAN YOU REALLY GET THE JOB IF YOU FINISH YOUR BA? DOES IT HAVE TO BE IN THE MEDICAL BACKGROUND OR ANY MOJOR.

I am working with a girl in the Houston area launching Trump's new pharmeceutical grade business. She finished the NaPRx and told me she was very frustrated with applying for careers for pharmeceutical companies. She had commented on how many people apply every today to break into this career. At any rate, she may be joining me in the Trump pre-launch. It pays both bonuses and commissions. It is a new start up company and you can position yourself to earn a minimum of $50,000 per month. We will go worldwide next year after the November National launch and media blitz. It has been exciting working with like-minded individuals that love the challenge of the pharmeceutical sales world but can't seem to get an interview. It may be more rewarding than trying to get past the nurse station to get 5 minutes with a doctor? I can put you in touch with Rachel if you want to discuss an honest reaction to the NaPRx. I believe she said she was in the human resource division for a company at one point, so she knew why so many experienced individuals can't seem to get an interview. If you are interested in the pharmeceutical grade supplement and in-home testing for estrogen, stress, food allergies, ect. with the Trump brand I can send you training. You can decide if you have the skills that would transfer to the Trump business. Mary getcookinginc@yahoo.com

Mary in Wichita, Kansas

61 months ago

nsb318 in Livonia, Michigan said: I was mulling over the NAPRX training course for the past few months but after reading some of these posts I'm not so sure if its the best time for this investment. I've also read on other boards most pharma companies have never heard of NAPRX nor does give applicants any leverage whatsoever. I have a hard time believing this is actually true but I could be wrong. Furthermore, I've heard for the first time in 50 years the pharma industry will be declining in 09. I would contend there will be cutbacks and hiring freezes. My mother is an RN and she always tells me how her hospital maybe working at a loss come December due to lack of funds from the increasing uninsured or those patients who forgo medical assistance because of the expense. I would have to imagine this affects the pharmaceutical industry in some way or another. Secondly, what will President Obama's health care initiatives have on the industry? Lastly, my state has been hit extremely hard by unemployment due to the automotive industry collapse (14-17% unemployment)and I just don't feel this is a very opportune time to invest in something I'm a bit skeptical about. I may just stick to graduate certification through local universities which has an established track record. Feel free to comment.

Interesting points you bring up! I am working with a girl in the Houston area launching Trump's new pharmeceutical grade business. She finished the NaPRx and told me she was very frustrated with applying for careers for pharmeceutical companies. She had commented on how many people apply every today to break into this career. At any rate, she may be joining me in the Trump pre-launch. It pays both bonuses and commissions. It is a new start up company and you can position yourself to earn a minimum of $50,000 per month. We will go worldwide next year after the November National launch and media blitz. It has been exciting working with like-minded individuals that lov

Erica in Ballwin, Missouri

61 months ago

I would apply to Astellas, Novo Nordisk, Sanofi Aventis, inVentiv Health, PDI, GSK, Novartis as they are all hiring for pharmaceutical sales and hire entry level applicants as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

caligirl2 in Morgan Hill, California

60 months ago

Do applicants with a real estate background have an extra edge? But here is the dilema, no degree, but tons of college credits and wondering if CNPR® Program is worth my time and effort at this point.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MaryV in Wichita, Kansas

60 months ago

It is pretty difficult to break in the business right now. I have many pharmaceutical reps that are leaving their corporate positions to start Trump's new pharmaceutical grade line (to be announced on Oprah and Larry King late this Fall). If you are interested in this lucrative start up with a powerful brand name- please contact me at getcookinginc@yahoo.com. I can send you a preview of the company and its compensation plan. You can decide if your skills in real estate and your interest in the medical field will tranfer to this preimum position. Mary

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

caligirl2 in Morgan Hill, California

60 months ago

Hi Mary,

I am not currently interested in any MLM's at the present time. But Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cathy Smith in Denver, Colorado

60 months ago

caligirl2 in Morgan Hill, California said: Hi Mary,

I am not currently interested in any MLM's at the present time. But Thanks.

Hi,

I am short 8 credits from my double batchlors of Science in Business and Administration with almost 20 years experience in front and back office Medical and 20 years in Sales and I also took the course. That was two years ago and still can not get an interview unless I have my BS degree. I would not waist the time or money on this program if you do not have a college degree.

Bob in Willow Spring, North Carolina

60 months ago

There are several key things you do need when trying to land a position as a pharmaceutical sales rep. I also do not know of any recruiters that are looking for the NAPSRx training. You need to have an impressive resume to get you an interview, then you need to have the interviewing skills to get you the job. The materials in this course give you everything you'llneed to have the edge and win out on your competition. www.PharmaRepConnect.com

Ami in Mount Vernon, Ohio

60 months ago

Hello Everyone,
I am a Registered Nurse interested in persuing a position in Pharma Sales. I'm also interested in Pharma Studies, new med development, ect. I'm another person "on the fence" about the NAPRx class and exam. Wondering if having RN Licensure would help me to get into this field? Are there many RN's employed by Pharma companies?

Kendra in Cortland, New York

60 months ago

leving in New York, New York said: No, you absolutely must have a 4 year degree to get into pharma. That certificate is a waste of time and money. Im a 5 year District Manager and pharma only hires people with a bachelor's degree. It also doesnt matter what the degree is in.

Great info! Are you hiring in upstate NY? If so I'd love to speak with you. I have a 4 year bachelor's degree, studied mostly Medical Technology, and am a top performer in the industrial sales market; yet I have a strong desire to get into the pharmaceutical sales industry. Please feel free to contact me at kendra.hamilton@us.army.mil
Best regards,
Kendra

Kendra in Cortland, New York

60 months ago

Lisa Lane in Jackson, New Jersey said: I have been a pharma sales consultant since 1999 and have helped thousands break into pharma sales....I network with recruiters, work with job seekers, current reps, managers in the industry, etc. Never ever in my entire career as a consultant or while employed in the industry have I ever heard of anyone ask for, or prefer a certified applicant. When I see the certification number listed on a resume....I never let the applicant know that I feel that they have wasted their time......But in my head I am saying.....You poor thing....If you had only spent your time wisely networking, and getting your resume into the right hands rather than taking this course, you would probably have a much better chance at landing interviews by now. In a nutshell, I like to think of this course like this.....Pharma managers are looking for a certain type of individual to fill their openings, they are looking for college grads with a 4 year degree, leaders, achievers with a history of successes in life. They are not advertising that they want individuals who have read a book and taken a test online.....by the way....cant anyone take a test online? Save your time and money.

Do you work the upstate NY area? If so, I'm interested in speaking with you. If not, can you recommend a recruiter that does?
I have the degree, a proven sales record in industrial sales, but no contacts in the pharma arena yet. If you are available to speak with me, please contact me at kendra.hamilton@us.army.mil

spuds in Mansfield, Ohio

59 months ago

Jason in Maumee, Ohio said: Sorry for the typo in the last sentence. It should read as "...it's not something that is transferable to another line of work.

Hi Jason,
I like you have a background in sport medicine, MS exercise science. I have not been able to use this background to make a living fo r some time . I have recently started to focus on pharma sales as new career. Every book I have purchased on the subject say do not bother with pre-employment certification . They will train , or you can post employment certify. By the way do you know any reps in your area. I am trying to network in ohio

spuds in Mansfield, Ohio

59 months ago

Ami in Mount Vernon, Ohio said: Hello Everyone,
I am a Registered Nurse interested in persuing a position in Pharma Sales. I'm also interested in Pharma Studies, new med development, ect. I'm another person "on the fence" about the NAPRx class and exam. Wondering if having RN Licensure would help me to get into this field? Are there many RN's employed by Pharma companies?

Hi Amy

I like am working to break into Pharma sales, I read numerous books by the experts who say don't bother with the certification pre hire. From my research sales back ground will be your only weakness. Your medical training will really help. I have an an MS in exercise science, not in that field currently. My wife is an RN. Everything i have read says , know the company, products, study,network, and prepare, prepare, prepare. Once in they will train you

Jarman1701

58 months ago

sandrad1003@yahoo.com in Bolingbrook, Illinois said: Would I need a 4 year degree for veternarian, pharma or medical sales? I have about 2.5 years and I'm currently working on my bachelors. I have over 15 years sales experience business to business. I'm around 49 years old. Thanks for your help.

I am courious about any responce you got I am in the same boat as you. 51 years old and 20 years of sales/management experiance and 3 aas degrees.
Please respond to timjarman1701@gmail.com

58 months ago

Yes, you'll definitely need a bachelors degree along with exceptional interviewing skill.

Bob Kozec
Founder, Pharmarepconnect.com

lanelisa in Jackson, New Jersey

58 months ago

Yes, you do need a 4 year degree for pharma sales and no, you dont need the certification. I dont recommend it to people with a degree...if you dont have the degree, you will be wasting your time and money.

To your success,
LISA
[Contact information has been removed by a forum moderator]

S_ZEE in arlington, Texas

58 months ago

09hamilton in Lewisville, Texas said: I worked inside pharmaceutical sales for several years with 2 outside reps coving almost all of the state of LA and half of MS. I broke in with no prior training but background in sales. They started me out calling dead accts in the midwest before giving me one of the most lucrative areas in the nation. I started in the animal medical field where most employees are former disgruntled vet techs. Benefits, perks, pay are great! It is a very comprehensive education (on the job) as most drugs and procedures go thru animal medical prior to human usages. Often these are blind ads under sales or professions.

Are you still working in Lewisville? I'm in arlington, trying to break into pharma sales. Any advice?

MaryV in Wichita, Kansas

58 months ago

Now filling premium positions in a pharmaceutical home based career. This company and power brand has got the attention of experienced Pharmaceutical Trainers, Medical reps, and even some retired represenatives who are looking for financial freedom with no limits put on their success. There is some serious money to be made in this revolutionary product line. Compensation is bonuses and commissions of $20k+ per month for those that emerge as leaders. Training is done by weekly product webinars and conference calls with top producers. If you are interested in the pharmaceutical career and home based position, contact Mary at getcookinginc@yahoo.com. I will email you an overview of the testing and product line done out of Metemetrix labs.

Christine in Harrah, Oklahoma

58 months ago

Hey!

I am very interested in pharmaceutical sales field. I do not have a 4 year degree but I have been in the dental field for 12 years. How do I get started? Is there any courses in the Oklahoma City area that I can take? I have been reading the posts from everyone and half say take the CNPR training course and the other half say don't waste the time and money. I would like to finish my degree but it is hard to juggle work and family with school. I would only be able to take a couple of classes a semester. It would take me forever to finish my degree. I am looking for a career change from what I am doing now but I do want to stay in the medical or dental field. Is there any advise from anyone?

Mary in Wichita, Kansas

58 months ago

You can email me at getcookinginc@yahoo.com about the home based pharmaceuticals career. Regards- Mary

Susie

58 months ago

I took the course and it was very informative and certainly help me land my first pharmaceutical sales jobs with Innovex. When I was interviewing with Innovex (I also interviewed with Sanofi-Aventis)they really stressed how technical the pharmaceutical industry is and how important it was to have industry training and be certified. If you want to break into pharmaceutical sales I would advise getting your CNPR certification.

58 months ago

Responses like this are written by the companies that sell the course. You do not need this course to get into the industry. You do need a Bachelors degree, preferably a BS and a proven sales background obviously is helpful.

Bob Kozec,Founder
PharmaRepConnect.com

Stephanie

58 months ago

I am sorry but if you believe these posts from people trying to sell their books, such as Bob from PharmaRepConnect, you should not be in pharmaceutical sales because you are too naive. The CNPR Certification can be taken at over 300 colleges, the NAPRx works directly with PhRMA as well as over 178 pharmaceutical companies, you can call our companies toll free, and we also have a full staff to help you. Who do you believe, Bob who works out of his basement wiht no phone number and sells you a book or a program endorsed by companies and colleges?
www.gatlineducation.com

58 months ago

LOL. Ok folks, that should be all the proof that you need right there, what I said about these ads for NAPRx are submitted by the companies themselves is true. Why would such a company get upset by my comment and respond the way gatlineducation did? Because I'm right, thats why. Hey, whoever at Gatlineducation posted that comment feel free to call me any time, here's my number. Well, I tried to post this with my number but they wont let you submit your phone number so here is my email. Bob@Netprofitathome.com Send me an email and I'll reply with my phone number. I'll follow up and let you all know if they emailed me, since they are so eager to get my phone number.

Bob Kozec, Founder
PharmaRepConnect.com

58 months ago

If you are looking to work directly with a company to improve your chances of getting into this industry I would suggest contacting someone that will evaluate your resume for free as Ms. Danforth stated she will do for you in a previous comment. It's very obvious Gatlineducation is one of the companies pushing the NAPRx training.

Bob Kozec

Brad Sulllivan

58 months ago

I was just made aware of this blog from someone. If you want to really evaluate Bob's comments look at his email, Bob@Netprofitathome.com He seems to be some kind of work at home deal. By the way I just emailed him.

58 months ago

Wow, This just keeps getting better! Yes, Brad Sullivan did email me and he represents himself in the email as somone associated with the Nation Association of Pharmaceutical Sales Reps.

Brad must really think the readers of this forum are pretty dumb. I give you much more credit. I think you'll be able to come to the obvious conclusion given these facts....

My original comment was based on a comment supposedly made by an individual stating that the NAPRx certification will help you get a position as a Pharma Rep.

Now I'm getting responses from this Brad clown who signs his email with national association of pharmaceutical sales representatives. Ok people...If NAPRx does not have people making posts to this forum and have people monitoring the posts, why is this guy's feathers so ruffled and why is he emailing me about my posts. Ah, maybe because the posts are by them, you think?

Thank you Brad for now making it very clear to everyone! : )

As far as your comment about my email address....I own several companies. Netprofitathome.com being one of them. This company helps people that are interested in a home based business get started as well as current Network marketers already in the business grow their business with our one of a kind marketing system. But that had nothing to do with my post Brad, You are the one who posted that I didn't give any contact info so I was givinig you my email address. Why dont you just go away, we all now know who you are and what you are trying to do here.

Bob Kozec

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Donna in Chicago, Illinois

58 months ago

Samantha in Saint Helen, Michigan said: I have an extra NAPRX, National Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Certification book if anyone is interested? They send me 2 for some reason and I obviously only need one haha... E-mail me at glove2sl@cmich.edu for more information.
-Samantha

I am interested in purchasing your most current extra or used manual. What is the year (if it matters) and your price? I'd also be interested in any comments you have about the manual and the test. I am no spring chicken and am making a career change. I hear that this field is very promising. Please email me at salliemollie@msn.com or donna.manuel@att.net. Thanks Samantha

Nicole in Saint Petersburg, Florida

58 months ago

Susie said: I took the course and it was very informative and certainly help me land my first pharmaceutical sales jobs with Innovex. When I was interviewing with Innovex (I also interviewed with Sanofi-Aventis)they really stressed how technical the pharmaceutical industry is and how important it was to have industry training and be certified. If you want to break into pharmaceutical sales I would advise getting your CNPR certification.

How long did it take you to complete the course? Just curious as to the timeframe involved with studying and exam completion. I'm trying to get it done by year end and then begin my job search in the new year. Also, how is the exam administered?
Thanks,

Nicnole in Saint Petersburg, Florida

58 months ago

I currently live in FL, but there's a VERY strong possibility I'll be moving to MI within the next 6 months. I'm currently employed in the financial services industry and have a 4 yr degree & master's degree. I'm 35 and even though my degrees are not science/sales related, I've been working in sales for nearly 10 years now and also the majority of my elective courses in my undergraduate program focused on science including healthcare ethics, med terminology and anatomy/physiology. My two internships were both hospital-based as well. I'm considering the CNPR. Does anyone know how long the certification process is (approximately)? How is the exam administered? And how much more difficult is it going to be for me to start looking for jobs out of state come Jan? I'm very interested in a career in pharma sales and want to know how realistic this is considering my situation. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

58 months ago

Hello? Isn't anyone reading previous posts to this forum? If you have you would have learned that the posts made by people saying how useful the NAPSRx is in landing a job in Pharma sales are being made by NAPSRx representatives themselves like the clown named Brad Sullivan. Save your time and money. You do not need this course if you have what it takes to land a job in this Industry.

Stacey in Saint Louis, Missouri

58 months ago

I interviewed with Innovex for a pharmaceutical sales rep job and they required the CNPR. Most companies look for the CNPR Certification if you are applying and interviewing with no previous pharmaceutical sales experience.

58 months ago

Thanks Elizabeth! I'll definitely pick up the rocation myself. I guess I'm mostly concerned about the long distance interview/hiring process. I have about 6 months and I'm trying to spend my time wisely and get everything in order. I need to stay at my current job at least until year end so I'm using the next two months to research, complete my resume & take the CNPR course/exam. Do you think the fact that I'm relocating myself will be seen as a huge negative vs hiring a candidate who's already living in the area? Or is more of the right fit that will out & I shouldn't be too concerned over that issue?

A good friend & neighbor is a rep for J&J and she's offered to help me & give me insight, etc. She'll be a valuable resource no doubt. She mentioned Pfizer and Eli Lilly just announced a 50% reduction--which means there will be another 10,000 or so unemployeed pharma reps in the next month or so. This does concern me.

58 months ago

I'd hate to start interviewing for a job in FL to only move 1/2 way through the process unless that's an advantage somehow. It's a tough spot. If I'm not able to get hired, but still move anyway (highly likely due to personal reasons), do you have any suggestions on what might be my next best move as to a stepping stone so that perhaps once I do get settled in MI I'm a better suited candidate? Thanks again!

ash in Albuquerque, New Mexico

58 months ago

Will Phamaceutical Tech program(The understanding of the drug you represent as well as understanding the docter your so politely playing golf with)along with a 4 year degree will help my chances of getting into the industry? Great Forum by the way.

Tammy in Saint Louis, Missouri

58 months ago

Make sure you have some pharmaceutical training or education. I was just interviewing with Astellas and was elimanated after my 2nd interview because of my lack of pharmacology and medical background. They interviewer told me that they liked me more than any other candidate and thought my sales background exceeded all other applicants. However, because I did not possess medical/pharmacology education it was too much of a learning curve for them to hire me.

mcarthurjames in Round Lake, Illinois

57 months ago

I just began my CNPR training, and will admit the complexity of this course. I haven't been in School for over 14 years, and decided to change careers from the restaurant industry to the pharmaceutical industry. I am very happy with the content of the material I purchased for the $250, although, I wish the practice quizes were informative, as this is suppose to be a tool to gage whether or not you are taking in the material correctly. There are alot of terms that are relative to the position, which will be a neccesity to any position I seek, and as I prepare to take the exam, I am weary about the content of the exam, as I am passing the practice quizes with perfect scores. I hope this is not misleading, in turn that I take the exam, and find myself completely clueless.
I will be honest to say that some of the termanology is quite mind-boggling, and some re-read is certain at times, yet I am finding this very informative, and would suggest this course to anyone with questions on the solidity of the material. I am that much closer to experiencing a better career, quality of life, and self-gratification, as this course will make you think, and certainly make you feel much more informed of many issues within the industry I was always curious about. Out of 10, I give this course a 9 thus far, and see myself being an immpeccable Rep for the company I decide to take an offer from. I would love to chat with anyone whom may be currently enrolled in the class, as some other insight is always helpful.

Regards,

Jamie McArthur
Chicago, Illinois

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brenda in Saint Louis, Missouri

57 months ago

I took the CNPR course and it was very helpful in me getting hired on with Innovex. My first interview was with Stephanie in HR- Innovex and she called me out of a pile of resumes because of my CNPR Certification. Contact me to discuss the program at bflorida33487@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

mcarthur_inc@Yahoo.com in Round Lake, Illinois

57 months ago

Curious in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Jamie,
Could you be more specific about the content of what you are learning? It was my understanding that the course covered a lot of common terminology used, but can you give me a couple of examples? Also, what area of pharmaceutical sales is it training you for? In other words, does it take you through the process of being a specialty representative vs. a hospital rep? How does it prepare you for what the sales call should look like?

Someone else mentioned that Innovex requires a CNPR Certification. I know that is not true. I interviewed with them and my interview knew nothing of it. I also have friends who were recently hired there and do not have it. Could you send contact information because I am very interested in speaking to someone who has actually been through the course.

Curious,
I'm almost half through the course, and they educate you on the terms,as you've said, also the everyday structure of the Pharmaceutical Sales rep. The course includes the following topics which I will copy and paste for you below. I find this course to be very informative, and from the people I've spoken to, this is an accredited course, which is known by a few hundred Pharmaceutical companies. Most of which require this certification, should your background not be in the business. From the one's I've known that have completed the course, they have been given positions over those without the course, so for the minimal amount of investment, this could make the difference in landing that position for you. I have about 2-3 weeks further on my studies, and will post my outcome when I complete the course, along with the timeline of securing a position with a good company. I'm looking to be more specialized personally, as I have interest in targeting in on H1N1 swine flu vaccine, as this will be a substantially huge market for the next 10 years to come. There are only 4 companies currently producing this drug.More.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mcarthur_inc@Yahoo.com in Round Lake, Illinois

57 months ago

Curious,
Send me your email address, and I'll send you all the informatives you have questions about.

Jamie McArthur

Mark Nappi in Seaford, New York

56 months ago

mcarthurjames in Round Lake, Illinois said: I just began my CNPR training, and will admit the complexity of this course. I haven't been in School for over 14 years, and decided to change careers from the restaurant industry to the pharmaceutical industry. I am very happy with the content of the material I purchased for the $250, although, I wish the practice quizes were informative, as this is suppose to be a tool to gage whether or not you are taking in the material correctly. There are alot of terms that are relative to the position, which will be a neccesity to any position I seek, and as I prepare to take the exam, I am weary about the content of the exam, as I am passing the practice quizes with perfect scores. I hope this is not misleading, in turn that I take the exam, and find myself completely clueless.
I will be honest to say that some of the termanology is quite mind-boggling, and some re-read is certain at times, yet I am finding this very informative, and would suggest this course to anyone with questions on the solidity of the material. I am that much closer to experiencing a better career, quality of life, and self-gratification, as this course will make you think, and certainly make you feel much more informed of many issues within the industry I was always curious about. Out of 10, I give this course a 9 thus far, and see myself being an immpeccable Rep for the company I decide to take an offer from. I would love to chat with anyone whom may be currently enrolled in the class, as some other insight is always helpful.

Regards,

Jamie McArthur
Chicago, Illinois

Hey Jamie I see your post is almost a month old an I am just looking for some advice about taking this course as i will be changing careers as well.. Have you completed the course yet, have you applied at any pharm cos yet, also do you know anyone in the industry and if sohave they heard of CNPR Pharna Training. thanks so much for your input!!

Mark Nappi in Seaford, New York

56 months ago

Bob in Willow Spring, North Carolina said: Responses like this are written by the companies that sell the course. You do not need this course to get into the industry. You do need a Bachelors degree, preferably a BS and a proven sales background obviously is helpful.

Bob Kozec,Founder
PharmaRepConnect.com

Hey Bob I am currently atttending Hosftra University part time in NY I should finish my degree by Dec of 2010. My degree will a BBA in managemant while i also have inside and outside sales experience and I am currently a sales manager at my bank. Would this type of course benefit me bc I dont have a science background. Now here is the real kicker would a pharn co ever hire a felon tyhere was a bar brawl a few years ago and it resulted in an assault charge for all involved and unfortunately for me I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Thanks for your thoughts.

Mary Anne in Saint Louis, Missouri

56 months ago

Considering the number of pharmaceutical sales applicants in the marketplace today, it is critical that entry level pharmaceutical sales rep applicants set themselves apart by obtaining CNPR certification as soon as possible. Certification is a marketing advantage and vocaional requirment when applying to all of the top pharmaceuitcal companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

mcarthur_inc@Yahoo.com in Lake Villa, Illinois

56 months ago

Mark, I am actually reading the last 2 chapters as I speak. I did not come from a medical background, so the terminology was more difficult than I would have expected. There are a total of 25 chapters, of which 19 are actual reading material, and the 20th chapter is about 334 terms, which I'm not sure what exactly will be on the test, so of course I am the type to want to ace this test with no delay doing so. I will be traveling beginning Sunday, for a 16 hour drive, and during this time, my fiancee will be quizzing me on these terms, which I've been copying to study index cards. I will not lie to you, it is challenging, and time consuming, as I've had to re-read certain parts for misunderstanding. I feel comfortable now with the material, and I do know some people in the industry, and they seem to feel I know what I'm talking about. Prior to this course, it would have all been a deer in the headlights for me. So, I do encourage you to take the course, as this industry is certainly one that will always be around, and will always need the sales reps. This is a beginning for me, as I wish to further myself in the industry as the years go, but you must start somewhere with your foot in the door. I do understand the compensation is great, and this is another positive for securing financial security for the uncertain economic future we've been dealing with as of late. I suggest taking the course, and do as I do. Get out of the house, and stick to it, or you will find yourself slipping and forgetting some things if you don't make the neccessary adjustments to study it. I spend about 6hours a day at the library as of the last 2 weeks, with taking weekends to absorb. Review the start each week briefly and then I continue on. I hope to pass with a perfect score, as this I plan to set my bar high for the interviewing process. Which, by the way the course offers a chapter in this area as well specifically directed in your resume to Pharma Companies.Hope this hel

mcarthur_inc@Yahoo.com in Lake Villa, Illinois

56 months ago

Although bob does not know me I am not with the company at all, just a student, and almost a completed student by week's end. I didn't know anything about the course other than the certification is needed, and this was the avenue I took. Good luck, and as with anything in life, don't let anyone discourage you, as you have the power to change anything in your life you wish, regardless of any incidents of your past. It's called evolving, and something we need more of from people. Unfortunately they hide behind there doors, and have a can't be done attitude. For myself, I believe I will be successful, and will not let anything, or anyone's discouragement stand in my way, and I suggest you do the same. Good luck to you, and if you have any other questions should you choose to take it, I'll be more than happy to respond. Just remember, self discipline it key with this course, enabling you to understand this material, if you have not already been in the medical field at all. This is where I've had my challenges, but have overcome them. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Wichita, Kansas

56 months ago

I know how difficult it is getting a job out there in this economy. This industry is full of talent, making it harder and harder to get through the door with big pharmaceutical companies. Why isn't anyone considering careers at home utilizing your training? There's a new company offering premium home based positions working with pharmaceutical grade products. All the testing is done by doctors in one of the leading labs outside Norcross, GA (Metemetrix). I'd be happy to share my experience with this company if anyone is interested. It may be a perfect fit for you in 2010! Mary getcookinginc@yahoo.com

56 months ago

There is absolutely no need for this training...please...spend your precious time trying to find openings and land interviews. Dont waste your money on this or spend your time studying it.

I have been in this idustry for years and have recruited people into this field for years....ask around....you will find that my advice is valid.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

caligirl2 in Gilroy, California

56 months ago

lanelisa in Jackson, New Jersey said: There is absolutely no need for this training...please...spend your precious time trying to find openings and land interviews. Dont waste your money on this or spend your time studying it.

I have been in this idustry for years and have recruited people into this field for years....ask around....you will find that my advice is valid.

But that doesn't seem to work for someone like me, some college and sales exp....currently a realtor. I cannot land a pharm sales rep job, believe me i have tried!

so i am hoping this course can benefit someone like myself....any feedback ?

56 months ago

The problem that you are encountering is that you are trying to get noticed...not that you dont have the type of personality or experience that they are looking for. There are tons of realtors who are trying to enter pharma sales at the moment. There are tricks to getting your resume found online and ways to make contact with reps that will help you get your foot in the door. Reading that book and writing the certification number on your resume is not going to help you get found and land interviews. Bottom line is that it is all about YOU and what you have to offer. Do you have a history of sales successes, do you have excellent communication skills, are you a leader, are you outgoing...you need to focus on this when selling yourself. Feel free to email me at Lisa@PharmaceuticalSalesInterviews.com I will try to help you out and give you more detailed advice. To your success!

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »