Anyone ever gone through Pharmaceutical Sales Certification course through NAPSRx?

Comments (251 to 300 of 560)
Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »   Last »

mcarthurjames in Round Lake, Illinois

66 months ago

I've been Food and Beverage Manager for over 20 years, for some very big companies and have worked worldwide, and was told this course will help me. I was working for Club Med for years traveling the world meeting and selling, yet could not land the position on my resume. I was told I had no experience and no basic fundamentals. These people that are negative are only recruiters, and only hope to have their jobs easier. They feel they are needed by those that are not as educated in order to fill the position. I'm sorry, but this will do it for yourself, and not through a recruiter. Let's look at it this way.....??? Shall we? If you cannot sell yourself to these companies thereafter having the right education about the industry then, you should'nt even consider that field if you feel you will need a recruiter to do it for you. Getting hired is going to be the easy part of your position. It's the job itself there after, where you'll be challenged even more, so keep this in mind. Why would someone put negative comments on here, unless they are discouraging you from something that will only benefit you? Seriously? They know you will be trained thouroughly enough to do your resume, and seek employment for yourself once completed with the course, and it's all numbers to them, away from their income.
I know this to be true, as a friend of mine is a recruiter for Pharma, and know this for a fact! Follow your gut, and instincts... I did 2 days left of my course, and I'll let you know how it turns out, so keep the posts coming.

lanelisa in Jackson, New Jersey

66 months ago

Steven Neece in Washington, District of Columbia said: As the Managing Director of the NAPSR it is time to set the record straight. First of all any negative comments you may see on blogs like this are definitely coming from small organizations that write help books for pharmaceutical sales. It is unfortunate that ignorant people post such outrageous things. The most important facts are that the NAPSR does work with numerous pharmaceutical companies, our CNPR Program is offered at over 300 universities/colleges nationwide, the CNPR Program provides vocational training for those individuals who want to break into a pharmaceutical sales career and the program helps thousands every year. There is no way that major universities and pharmaceutical companies would deal with an association that was bogus. You make up your own mind but if you have questions please do not hesitate to call us. See below for more facts about the NAPSR.
1) The NAPSR has recruitment advertising contracts with numerous pharmaceutical companies. This is true as they seek our members to fill pharmaceutical sales opportunities. They best candidates for them are our members who are experience or trained.
2) The NAPSR CNPR Training program is offered at over 300 major colleges and universities. These colleges would not offer the NAPSR Training course unless it was worthwhile and helpful.
3) The NAPSR has thousands of members who are pharmaceutical sales reps, district managers, regional managers, pharmaceutical sales trainers and HR staffing managers.
4) The NAPSR staff members are involved closely with the industry and appear at many of the national pharmaceutical sales conferences such as: PHARMAFORCE, IQPC, MM & M, etc
5) The NAPSR advisory board members can be found writing articles in Pharmaceutical Representative magazine which circulates to over 70,000 pharmaceutical sales reps and managers.
6) The NAPSR has worked successfully with thousands of individuals over the years,

lanelisa in Jackson, New Jersey

66 months ago

lanelisa in Jackson, New Jersey said:

The course is offered via ed2go.com...anyone can get a course approved there and say it is working with major universities...it is basically a community ed program....once you sign up..you can say that your course is offered at all the colleges. They also offer bartending, basketmaking and how to start a pet sitting company. I am not trying to be negative. If you want to take the course that is up to you. I am just saying that the company should not act like it is a requirement...it most definitely is not.

mcarthur_inc@Yahoo.com in Lake Villa, Illinois

66 months ago

lanelisa in Jackson, New Jersey said:

Thank you for setting the record straight Steve. I've been in the course now for a few weeks, and on my last chapters as we speak. Although I have a bachelors, and selling experience, the difference for me will be that I had no prior medical experience at all. I will also say without this course, as I had interviewed with some companies previously, that I was completely overlooked for that very reason. Without the basic knowledge and fundamentals, and understanding of this industry, it will put your resume on the bottom versue, those who have if at all, any experience. 5 weeks ago when I began this course, I was absolutely clueless on the terms, the know how's, and daily overall dealings of a pharma sales rep. I can know say that because of this course, I am much wiser, and informed on all the required fundamentals of what they are looking for. I have some friends in the industry, and they have a completely different mind set to me now, knowing that I actually know what I'm speaking of when I talk to them. So in turn, I can carry myself as knowledgable on topics we discuss, as before when I never even had a clue, or was clueless. So, for those who are looking to give their chances a better shot versus those sales professionals that have no training at all, then good luck without it, because this will put you ahead of the candidates, and whether or not it is required, which I'm hearing this will become a mandatory thing eventually, then why not be better prepared then the next guy? Thanks Steve, and I look forward to taking the exam when I return from my holiday week. I appreciate the follow through on NAPRS's part. The doubts of those certainly needed be set straight. To those who don't take it. I'll see you on the other side, while I'm in the field,and you're still being turned down for the position

Brad Kenny in Chicago, Illinois

66 months ago

The CNPR Certification pharmaceutical sales vocational material provided with the (training) course was very comprehensive and very much needed as I am finding out in my recent time on the job as a pharmaceutical sales rep. Seven other recent hires here also wanted to let you know we found the training very helpful and informative. We also enjoyed getting to know the staff and everyone else from the NAPRx. I hope you won't mind if I contact you with a question or two from time to time. I would recommend the course and CNPR Certification to anyone else who may be interested in a pharmaceutical sales career. Thank you for a very enlightening vocational education on the pharmaceutical industry which is what lead to me getting my job.

mcarthur_inc@Yahoo.com in Lake Villa, Illinois

66 months ago

Great to hear Brad, who did you wind up working for in Chicago? This is where I am located myself, if you have any pointers for me on anything regarding what's available through your network? Please feel free to contact me via email @ mcarthur_inc@yahoo.com

Sincerely,

Jamie McArthur

Britt

66 months ago

The CNPR Program has broadened my pharmaceutical industry knowledge, pharmaceutical selling techniques, drug sampling etiquette, rules-regulations, and so much more. By having the CNPR next to my name and on my resume it enabled me to enter this fabulous career of pharmaceutical sales. I thank the NAPRx daily for allowing me to work in such a great industry. Let me know if I can help the association in anyway. Britt

Tara in Boynton Beach, Florida

66 months ago

I received my CNPR Training at Palm Beach Community College and found it very informative, comprehensive and eventually was a major deciding factor in me getting hired for a pharmaceutical sales career. Kudos to the NAPRx.

987 in Newark, New Jersey

66 months ago

NAPRx = scam, do some research people

Really, don't fall for this stuff.

Richie P.

66 months ago

I did my research about the program. It certainly is important to have industry knowledge. I doubt that colleges would offer the CNPR program and pharmaceutical companies would sponsor this group if they were a scam. Seems somebody in New Jersey does not like this group. Looks like it is a lady who wrote some self help book. I feel sorry for her if she has to defame someone to sell her own books.

66 months ago

Richie, come on. Not a lady here, an you have not done your homework, because we would not be having this conversation.

So sad what people fall for. Good luck.

mcarthur_inc@Yahoo.com in Round Lake, Illinois

66 months ago

I'm taking my exam Thursday, as I have taken this course, and already have interviews, and they do know of the CNPR training, which they are taking those with it over those without it. I have 2 other friends that already were hired by Astra, and Phizer from taking this course, so whom ever is a doubter, then it's your choice to slander the course, but you must not have been able to pass it, and have a bitterness about NAPRX, so get over it.

Cindy - GlaxoSmithKline

66 months ago

The CNPR makes good sense and educatesapplicants of their responsibilities as a pharmaceutical sales representative. CNPR graduates will always get noticed first and be better prepared for a pharmaceutical sales career

mcarthur_inc@Yahoo.com in Highland Park, Illinois

66 months ago

Cindy, could you contact me about your comment. I'd like to speak directly outside of the forum, if you may?
McArthur_inc@yahoo.com

Thank you, and Happy Holidays to you!

Jamie

66 months ago

Gee mcauthur_inc...."Phizer"??? come on. I hope you do not interview there and spell it that way. By the way Astra and Phizer (as you call them) are not hiring.

Cathy Smith in Aurora, Colorado

66 months ago

I agree..This is a scam. Pharmaceutical companies do not care or even know about this program. Pharmaceuticals as with any other major company wants a Bachelors degree in Science. and Sales experience. Go to any of the Pharm web sites and look under careers. The Job description and what they require to be eligible for the job. It says nothing about a certificate from this company. I know, I took the course 3 years ago....applied at every company out there...have 18 years of sales experience but no bachelors. No degree- no job in this field. Don't waste your money.

66 months ago

Thanks for your input Jersey, you can't spell either, as my name is listed in front of you. Of course this is coming from someone from Jersey. The capital of positive attitudes. Thanks for words of wisdom. I'll stick with Cindy from Glaxo's input's rather than yours Jersey, but thanks for confirming, as you are the expert we all should be hearing on this subject.

Bob in Willow Spring, North Carolina

66 months ago

mcarthur_inc@Yahoo.com in Round Lake, Illinois said: I'm taking my exam Thursday, as I have taken this course, and already have interviews, and they do know of the CNPR training, which they are taking those with it over those without it. I have 2 other friends that already were hired by Astra, and Phizer from taking this course, so whom ever is a doubter, then it's your choice to slander the course, but you must not have been able to pass it, and have a bitterness about NAPRX, so get over it.

Can you say "Run on sentence" Wow, if you can get a job in Pharma sales, I guess that gives hope to anyone!

66 months ago

Bob, thanks for the English Grammar education, I'll never get work without your help in writing. Stick to the teaching professor!

66 months ago

Not an expert mcauthur, just telling it like it is. But on second thought you do seem like the perfect NAPRx candidate. They love guys like you. Enjoy you long and exciting career in Pharma sales, I am sure Cindy will contact you right away.

66 months ago

Well hopefully for you your speaking skills are better than your writing skills. I would make sure your resume doesn't read like your comments on here or it will never get a second look.

66 months ago

Thank you for you insight Bob. My resume is just fine, thanks for your care, concern, and interest. I got on this forum to discuss NAPRX, not my personal history, or anyone else's for that matter, but there tends to be some very ignorant people with all the answers to things they know absolutely nothing about. That all I have to say. The course is legit, and nothing more need be said of NAPRX, and it's a scam. This is not the case, and for those who choose to think that without taking the course, than so be it. They are ignorant of the subject and are best not commenting about something they know nothing about. For those whom choose to take the course. Great! You will enjoy the course, and find all the information educational, and will put you in better positioning when you are interviewing. And to answer your question, I am a great speaker, therefore, I have no worries, along with my bachelors, and sales experience. So, I have all the qualifications, and confidence to secure my position with the mentioned companies.

Good Day!

Erica

66 months ago

Hey, Bob in North Carolina get a life. This is a forum and not an English quiz. Why are people so rude, I don't care if proper English was used but I did appreciate his comments. Bob get a life.

66 months ago

You're wrong Erica. Everything in life is a competition. In the Pharma field the competition is fierce. The best of the best are competing for the available positions. Only the sharpest people have a remote chance. If one is not even able to use proper grammer when writing, they sure don't stand a chance. That is my point.

Lorenzo C in Oxnard, California

66 months ago

The pharma field is tough, but not impossible. I read an article to job interview insights for pharma and how to land the job. Hope it helps everyone!
snipsly.com/2009/11/30/pharmaceutical-sales-job-interview-questions-to-expect/

Liz Kline in Seattle, Washington

66 months ago

Mary Anne in Saint Louis, Missouri said: Considering the number of pharmaceutical sales applicants in the marketplace today, it is critical that entry level pharmaceutical sales rep applicants set themselves apart by obtaining CNPR certification as soon as possible. Certification is a marketing advantage and vocaional requirment when applying to all of the top pharmaceuitcal companies.

No it's not. Certification is garbage. All you need is a four year degree, be articulate, and be outgoing...and having connections help. That's what a DM at GlaxoSmithKline told me. I worked for GlaxoSmithKline's IT department. I was going to go into pharma sales (but decided against it as I don't want to do all that traveling).

66 months ago

Lorenzo,

Thank you Lorenzo from everyone regarding your input. Also thank you for your positive feed back! Erica, much appreciation for your added input as well! Is this good enough grammar for you BOB?

Bob in Angier, North Carolina

66 months ago

James,

You're still missing the point. It's not me you need to impress with your writing skills, it's the companies you send your resume to. I dont know if you are or ever were an athlete, but there is a saying....You play like you practice. Does that make any sense to you?

66 months ago

Bob,

I only need to impress my interviewers, which I have been doing, and yes I was an athlete. Needless to say Bob, this is a forum, not an interview process. My intentions of being here on this forum, was specifically only to answer the questions of the header, and those questions asked of me directly. Nothing more, nothing less. As far as playing like I practice. This is a constant for me in my interviewing process, along with my daily life all around. Therefore, my intentions are, and were only to help those whom have been asking for opinions about the NAPRX course. For whatever reason, New Jersey, along with a few others have targeted my ambition, and positive feedback to those who honestly wanted to know about this course. With that said, I am and I have been open, honest, and I'm not selling this course to anyone( I do not work for Naprx), nor do not care whether they choose this or not for themselves. I have merely only been providing answers to questions they have had. Does this make sense to you Bob?

66 months ago

mcarthur, not trying to knock you ambition, I hope you reach your goals. All I was saying is the NAPRx course is not the path to success. You may not understand that now, but one day you will.

Try to call or email them with a question, not related to paying them money for a course, and see if they will respond.

Last time I will post, best of luck, I hope you find success.

66 months ago

Thanks for your wishes 987, and I have been able to reach them numbers of times already. Happy Holidays to you, and the best to you as well.

John in Orangevale, California

66 months ago

Steven Neece in Washington, District of Columbia said: As the Managing Director of the NAPSR it is time to set the record straight. First of all any negative comments you may see on blogs like this are definitely coming from small organizations that write help books for pharmaceutical sales. It is unfortunate that ignorant people post such outrageous things.

Your website and online ads can't help but create the impression that it's all one big scam. If this in fact is legit, then your marketing has done everything possible to discredit your organization by misleading ads and misplacing info on your website. Everything seems to direct viewers to one sole goal and that is to get certified by purchasing the training manual, while the advertisement is about jobs. The switch-n-bait tactic is what creates suspicion for myself and many.

Richard in Boca Raton, Florida

66 months ago

The course is legit as I am currently enrolled at Palm Beach Community College taking the CNPR Certification course. It certainly contains alot of valuable vocational knowledge for a career in pharmaceutical sales. I am only taking it through the advice of my sister who works at Pfizer.

Dan in San Antonio, Texas

66 months ago

John in Orangevale, California said: Your website and online ads can't help but create the impression that it's all one big scam. If this in fact is legit, then your marketing has done everything possible to discredit your organization by misleading ads and misplacing info on your website. Everything seems to direct viewers to one sole goal and that is to get certified by purchasing the training manual, while the advertisement is about jobs. The switch-n-bait tactic is what creates suspicion for myself and many.

I agree. It's clear that this "certification" is a joke. They simply try to convince those who want a pharmaceutical sales rep job that they absolutely need it. I've been in the pharmaceutical sales industry for almost two decades, and when I inquired my colleagues about this, many of them did not even know what it was.

Karen- Forest Pharmaceuticals in Boca Raton, Florida

66 months ago

Obviously many of these people do not know what they are talking about. Over 100 pharmaceutical companies look for the CNPR Certification and it is also available at over 300 universities and colleges. Applicants need industry training (Certification) or previous experience to qualify for almost any pharmaceutical sales job opening.

66 months ago

Obviously you do not know what you are talking about. Over 100 pharmaceutical companies do not look for the CNPR Certification. Give it a rest, proivide these people trying to get into the industry a real way to reach their goal.

Sherri

66 months ago

I work for Bernard Hodes group, the nations largest recruitment advertising company in the U.S., we have had all of our top pharmaceutical clients do business with the NAPRx. I can tell you that pharmaceutical companies do work very closely with NAPRx, they are involved very closely with PhRMA and SPBT and all of the top pharmaceutical organizations. I was contacted yesterday about this forum and some of the negative comments. I would call the NAPRx and do research and you will see that all of the top pharmaceutical companies do work with the NAPRx.

66 months ago

Sherri, they are not involved very closely with SPBT. I can promise you that. Do your research.

Gary in Boca Raton, Florida

66 months ago

Has anyone out there interviewed with Astellas. I was just called this morning from one of their HR staff to do an interview on Thursday. They asked to bring all my sales awards, resumes, CNPR Certification, and references letter. I know they have jobs all over the NAPRx Career Center so I am hoping someone can give some advice on how they conduct their interviews.

home in Somerset, New Jersey

65 months ago

lanelisa in Jackson, New Jersey said: All reps who are hired go thru sales training...they all teach pharmacology once you are hired. No need to know pharmacology going into an interview. Ask around...please dont think that you need a pharmacology course before you interview for pharma sales. You are absolutely giving people inaccurate information and wasting their time.

I agree with you lanelisa...when I started my own homebased business I know nothing about sales or how to run a business. The company provided all the training I needed. I connot post here. My e-mail: homebased2010@aol.com

Jane A in South Jersey, New Jersey

65 months ago

I was contemplating taking this courses and I'm so glad I did my research. At first I thought the comments against the program where naysayers but something makes me uneasy about this program.
1) If you google, some of the comments praising the program some of the comments are posted word for word on other boards. Someone is just copy and pasting these statements everywhere.
2) Also, very few of these people praising the companies have actually accounts with indeed. If you click on the name of someone that is praising the company, you can see their other posts. I did this for one person a few pages back, first said they were a long time recruiter but in other comments she made she said she was thinking of taking the certification and in others she said she had taken the certification and was going on interviews.
3) I have a family friend that works for Merke, we had a long discussion about myself getting into Pharm sales. She never mentioned any certification but did mention linking up with 1 or 2 recruiters to help you find a position. I'm going to ask her if she's every heard of it.

Jane A in South Jersey, New Jersey

65 months ago

And I realize later that I totally butchered "Merck's" title haha

AL in Wilson, North Carolina

65 months ago

The CNPR outline i saw in NAPRX seemed solid for anybody who wants to blaze a trail in the pharmaceutical selling business. For somebody with 20 years of combined pharma sales and management experience outside the US, is the CNPR a prerequisite for possible employment in the US? which companies refer to the CNPR when hiring reps? which among them do not?

Can anybody please share their experience with the NAPRX career center?By the way, have you guys tried NAPRX 3 month trial membership. Site indicate clicking a button which was not really there, or have i missed it?

I just moved in this beautiful country and looking forward to work in the industry i love the most. 8-)

For those who took the CNPR and are now employed, congratulations. Goodluck and make good in your careers.

vickie in Charleston, West Virginia

64 months ago

Rufus in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I keep seeing this ad and have looked into it but I am very skeptical of a $250 fee for training which supposed to give an advantage when searching for a pharma sales rep job. Anyone ever do it? Did it work? Or is it a scam which will not give an advantage but will only pad the wallets of internet scammers?

I read through the program and had a freind who took it. She is not in pharma sales and decided it wasn't for her. It is a good program for new entry level with no experience. I had several years of sales experience in pharmaceuticals and didn't see the need for the investment. It seems to be a fickle and volatile industry, but it is a wonderful job/career.

Matt

64 months ago

I want to thank the NAPRx for all of its help. The CNPR Certication and pharmaceutical sales training with the Career Center helped me land my first job today in the pharmaceutical industry with Novartis. I cannot explain how happy I am and have just called my best friend to take your course as Novartis has many more openings that they are looking to get filled.

Gretchen

64 months ago

To Matt:
If you want a Medical Device Sales career you should talk to the National Association of Medical Sales Reps, www.medicalsalescareer.com

Matt

64 months ago

Hello, jmathis2000. I just wanted to let you know that I am a Primary Care Rep with Novartis and would not have qualified for their interviews without having my CNPR Certification on my resume. You should do some research on the pharmaceutical industry as over 178 pharmaceutical companies look for the CNPR Certification from entry level applicants and the course is available at over 300 universities/colleges.

Scamhunter in Saint Louis, Missouri

64 months ago

Megan-P in Naples, Florida said: I know our company, GlaxoSmithKline, has job postings on the NAPSRX website. I am a sales mgr. and would like to receive resumes for CNPR Graduates for the Southern U.S. Region. My email is glaxosalesmgr09@aol.com

You aork for GSk and yet you have aol account? Wow that is impressive dude...Nice try!

Gretchen

64 months ago

Erica in Boca Raton, Florida said: I just took the course with 6 others down in South Florida. We are all interviewing with different pharmaceutical companies. I will forward you my resume and tell the others. We have all completed the CNPR Training offered by the NAPSR. I just talked to 2 others today and they are pretty close to getting hired with Novartis and a third person is close to gettin on with Dey Pharmaceticals. Your help will be appreciated.

Are you still hiring?

CCRI Student in East Greenwich, Rhode Island

63 months ago

I have a phlebotomy certificate & 10 years of successful sales experience,( 2 in healtcare social media marketing) and I started & sold 2 companies. I want to get into pharmaceutical sales. what is the best path to take? Will (CNPR) certificate open doors?

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »   Last »