Anyone ever gone through Pharmaceutical Sales Certification course through NAPSRx?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (301 to 350 of 560)
Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »   Last »

CCRI Student in East Greenwich, Rhode Island

61 months ago

How important is the age factor? pro & cons appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

Does it make a difference where you take your CNPR, community college or for example rutgers?

Stephen in Boca Raton, Florida

61 months ago

Developed in response to a rising demand for certified pharmaceutical sales representatives, the nationally recognized online certification and CNPR® sales training program will provide individuals with the tools to gain entry-level jobs in the industry. Upon registering for the course, students will automatically gain membership with NAPRx® and will become eligible to sit for the CNPR® national certification exam at no additional cost.

There is a great demand for pharmaceutical sales reps, which means there is an equal need for solid training devices. In short order, this program will become one of our most popular offerings. Pharmaceutical sales can be a very rewarding career, and the first step toward realizing that is completing the CNPR® entry level pharmaceutical sales course.

Even if students lack a formal pharmacology and medical education, the program can ready them for a long and successful career by imparting information regarding general medical terminology, clinical pharmacology, managed care, drug sampling rules, effective selling techniques and more.

lanelisa in Clarksburg, New Jersey

61 months ago

JOBS

Contact the Human Resources department of any top U.S. pharmaceutical company and inquire about their pre-hire training and “certification” requirements for entry-level pharmaceutical sales reps. No pharmaceutical company (not a single one) requires certification as a prerequisite for being hired as a pharmaceutical sales rep. If you see a posted pharmaceutical sales job indicating certification as a requirement or preference (note that such a posting is not likely to be made directly by a pharmaceutical company) , find out which pharmaceutical company is hiring and call that company’s HR department to inquire about pre-hire training requirements (i.e. certification, degree, etc.).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Greg in Boca Raton, Florida

61 months ago

I just called Astellas and they do prefer the CNPR Certification. Lisa, you obviously do not know what you are talking about. Call them yourselves. Call there HR Staffing Director.

mcarthur_inc@Yahoo.com in Round Lake, Illinois

61 months ago

Unless you do not know about this topic first hand from experience, I suggest those doubters, do not reply on the subject. Those who have only negative issues regarding this subject matter obviously do not have clue about the subject matter.

Greg in Boca Raton, Florida

61 months ago

I agree the CNPR Certification helps thousands every year. Go NAPRx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

61 months ago

I am most definitely someone who knows what they are talking about having helped thousands break into pharma sales over the years. Never once have I had a pharma company ask for a "certified" candidate.

Please, the best advice that I can offer is to do some research online before investing your time and hard earned money.

61 months ago

I already have, and took the course, and it was the deciding factor for me versus other applicants.
But I can appreciate your skepticism, and respectfully so, as anyone entering this industry will have to do their research while being in the field. Should they be not aware of this, then they will certainly not succeed. The problem I have with most comments regarding this, is those assume that it is automatically some scam, yet these are the people that have not invested a penny, which I have. Therefore, to clear the slate here, I suggest and recommend this course, as it will only benefit you, and set you apart from those who do not take the course. The difference in the job market here and now, is they are looking for those going above and beyond. This will set you apart during your interviews. Invest in yourself, is all I can say!

61 months ago

Very Interesting....This exact post has been posted several times word for word on this site...some 3 days ago, some 24 days ago and others 24months ago....what is wrong with this picture? Sounds like a very long interview process to me! Its truly amazing that all 6 are in florida, all 6 have interviews and all 6 are still interviewing! Thats a 2 year long interview process..HMMM!!? (See the post below and do your own keyword search for proof)Here is the exact post:

Anyone ever gone through Pharmaceutical Sales Certification course through NAPSRx?
I just took the course with 6 others down in South Florida. We are all interviewing with different pharmaceutical companies. I will forward you my resume and tell the others. We ...

61 months ago

Here is another post.....amazing.....same exact post ironically also posted 33 days ago and 24 months ago. HMMM!!! Same dates as the other glowing post. I guess those 2 people were nowhere close to getting hired by Novartis after all...for those of you on this site trying to sell your certification...I hate to say it but "GOTCHA"...the truth is out!

Actual post is below:
completed the CNPR Training offered by the NAPSR. I just talked to 2 others today and they are pretty close to getting hired with Novartis and a third person is close to gettin on ...

61 months ago

Round Lake Beach, is a suburb of Chicago! Not Florida Genius!! Interesting you have so much time to play detective. You really should find a better hobby!

61 months ago

Typical New Jersey Mentality!! Really, you have too much time on your hands!

Mark

61 months ago

Lisa Lane is rude because she cannot sell her stupid book. Please find someone out there who actually got a pharmaceutical sales interview in 3 days. My cousin told me that is not her real name, but the author actually lives on Lisa Lane in New Jersey. Tell Lisa to get a real life. Companies love to see pharmaceutical industry training offered through colleges or online. Why would industry training ever become a negative. Unless you are selling a stupid pharmaceutical sales interview book and you can't sell them, then the CNPR training becomes not helpful. Get a life Lisa (not here real name). By the way how many colleges offer your stupid book?

Elen

61 months ago

Tell Lisa to look at this, she is obviously not informed:

Good news! Certified National Pharmaceutical Representative is available in your area!
To get started, Click Here. Still have questions? Talk to a course advisor by clicking the Live Chat link below.
Ohio State University
Address: Continuing Education
225 Mount Hall - 1050 Carmack Road
Columbus OH, 43210

Website: www.continuinged.ohio-state.edu/noncredit_online.html

61 months ago

my my.... there is alot of interesting chemistry going on on the forum. Education, an Interview, a Degree is what you make of it.
I have registered for the Pharmaceutical Course through NAPSx and look forward to the opportunity of expanding my knowledge.
ps... it's not the cloths that make the man, but rather the man in the cloths that can see an opportunity and go for it.

Stephanie in Delray Beach, Florida

61 months ago

I agree, pharmaceutical companies look for education, pharmaceutical sales training, degree, sales experience, etc. From what I see on this forum all the negative comments are coming from Lisa Lane (has her own book), Elizabeth, North Carolina (has a pharmaceutical resume, job assistance business). Looks like they have too much time on their hands and are jealous of the NAPRx. Maybe if they focused on their own clients they would have success as well.

lanelisa in Jackson, New Jersey

61 months ago

I do dedicate my time to this only because I have many clients who have fell for the scam and are now wishing that they didnt fall for it. Maybe my advice can help people...also notice that, yes, I do have a book but have never once promoted it here.

Believe it or not, I feel that my time is well spent here if I can help give out some useful information....I dont spend my time here trying to promote anything....unlike the NAPSR which seems to generate business by posting information that is truly meant to scam others. In a nutshell...all of the positive posts are bogus and from people who dont exist.

lanelisa in Jackson, New Jersey

61 months ago

Im not saying its not available..just saying its not necessary. The course is offered via ED2go....along with bartending, basketmaking, and how to start a dog sitting business...the company likes to say that the colleges offer it but its only because they contract iwth Ed2go...all of those colleges also offer the bartending, dog sitting, etc. Its a way for the schools to make extra money...they are offered to the general public...no need to be a student to take it. Hope this clarifies...

Steven Foy in Greenville, North Carolina

61 months ago

Lisa Lane in Jackson, New Jersey said: I have been a pharma sales consultant since 1999 and have helped thousands break into pharma sales....I network with recruiters, work with job seekers, current reps, managers in the industry, etc. Never ever in my entire career as a consultant or while employed in the industry have I ever heard of anyone ask for, or prefer a certified applicant. When I see the certification number listed on a resume....I never let the applicant know that I feel that they have wasted their time......But in my head I am saying.....You poor thing....If you had only spent your time wisely networking, and getting your resume into the right hands rather than taking this course, you would probably have a much better chance at landing interviews by now. In a nutshell, I like to think of this course like this.....Pharma managers are looking for a certain type of individual to fill their openings, they are looking for college grads with a 4 year degree, leaders, achievers with a history of successes in life. They are not advertising that they want individuals who have read a book and taken a test online.....by the way....cant anyone take a test online? Save your time and money.

Lisa i want to get in to this field can yu help me? Steven.Foy@pcmh.com

Anthony Mason in Queen Creek, Arizona

61 months ago

Elizabeth in Raleigh, North Carolina please email me, I need to follow up with you in regards to the monies (Receipt) I sent you for your services.

Regards,

Anthony Mason

al in Wilson, North Carolina

61 months ago

Hmm... in which case, there must have been a lot complaining about NAPRX...I look forward to seeing their comments in this forum. One thing I know, just as a degree, an experience and a resume is important, so does preparing for pharma entry with NAPRX or from any source. It's an individuals choice. I have yet to see the ratios here, of those who thought it helped and those who believed they were scammed. Quite difficult through this medium.

61 months ago

so, this topic is getting a bit old. Does anyone out there have any tips, tools or positive insight as to how to move forward in this economy in a supportive way?

Allen

61 months ago

Oh sure Lisa, how many of your students received an interview in 3 days. I bet none. YOU ARE A DECEIVING and should be embarassed to make such claims. Education and training will always be important to me and I am proud to display my CNPR designation on my resume. Why do you care so much about the NAPRx, you must be jealous. You must have a very sad life. Somebody from the NAPRx needs to get on this blog and put these non-sense comments to rest.

John

61 months ago

Elizabeth, I wanted help and you wanted $425 from me. Your services are more expensive than the NAPRx, you have no connections with the companies like the NAPRx, offer no training, so why should I pay you? The NAPRx has more advantages and is recognized nationally.

Anne

61 months ago

Dear Anthony Mason,
If you paid Elizabeth, CLINICAL STRATEGIST, you need to cancel your credit card charge and get you money back immediately. If you have received no interviews as of yet make sure to get your money back!!!!!!!!!!!!! The credit card company will help you, explain what happened.

Glenn

61 months ago

Since becoming a member of the NAPRx, I have received several interview invitations. Recently, I met with a pharmaceutical company who was very impressed with my certification from the NAPRX. The coursework that I studied in order to certify with the NAPRX gave me an in-depth knowledge of what it like to be a pharmaceutical sales rep as well as prepare me to inform physicians. The district manager that interviewed me gave me the offer over many other well qualified candidates, including those with pharmaceutical sales experience, because of my in-depth knowledge of a field in which I have never worked. Thank you very much NAPRX. I look forward to being a lifetime member of the NAPRx.

Eric

61 months ago

Currently I am a pharmaceutical sales Rep with Novartis, without the CNPR Certification course there is no way I would land the job since it prepared me for the unknown that others fear because they have not taken the course neither passed the test with a 91% score like I did. Thank you for preparing us to face district managers, sales managers or head hunters with the right answers and to give us graduates the assurance to pass on that we are indeed the best candidates.

Marisha

61 months ago

I have been looking at your website for several weeks. I like your webpages and the details about the industry, jobs, et., it is easy to find information. Your sales training program looks great. I love learning and these negative comments look like they are all from your competitors. You must be doing something right to have so many jealous vendors out there.

Medora H.

61 months ago

First, I would like to tell you how informative I have found the CNPR sales training manual. I have really gained valuable information regarding the pharmaceutical industry. I am very confident that I am much more qualified now for pharmaceutical sales jobs. Good work, don't let anyone get in the way of the good work you are doing for people and the pharmaceutical industry.

Nicole

61 months ago

I like the weekly job alerts it really helps me out.

Cincyguy in Cincinnati, Ohio

61 months ago

NAPSR or NAPR if you do a new search, is a complete scam and a joke. I got hold of one of their books and it doesn't have an ISBN or even quality editing. It's complete cut and paste. The whole thing is designed to rake in money, and doesn't provide in-depth technical medical education.

Ricky

61 months ago

I have the CNPR Training manual and I see absolutely no mistakes, it is also copyrighted. I am sure the colleges and universities would not deal with a trade group that was a joke. If you live in Ohio, just go to Ohio State University and take the CNPR Certfication course. So many false statements on these blogs.

Meghan T. - Springfield, IL

61 months ago

Lakievia Curd in Augusta, Georgia said: Hey Y'all!

I am taking the CPNR through NAPRS! I really enjoy it and have learned so much. I knew this field would be great for me, as I love to learn new things constantly, but I didn't realize how perfect it fit my personality and natural skills and talents until I started taking the course. I don't really know how effective it will be when I try to get hired but, so far, I know you learn. I learned about the course because it was offered at Augusta State University through Gatlin Education. I receive a highly competitive scholarship. Only 500 youth in the country get this scholarship. I was suprised but encouraged to know that even they supported it because they are particular about what they pay for, but they paid for it! So, it must be something. If y'all know anyone that is looking for a highly self-motivated, and ambitious person with outstanding public speaking skills and experience send them my way!

Oh yeah,

I would recommend keeping your manual if you start the training. It has really great info in it that you may need to refer back to one day. You never know!!!

Thanks for the insight, I have taken over 36 hours of credits at Augusta State in 2008.

Stacey

61 months ago

I am so glad I discovered this training course before I applied to any pharmaceutical companies. After studying the training manual for 3 weeks, I took the certification exam and received a score of 86%! I now feel more confident and prepared for the pharmaceutical sales interviews I have coming up thanks to my certification.

Pamela in Atlanta, GA

61 months ago

I graduated recently from the University of Northern Colorado with a B.S. in Chemistry. The past month I have been actively seeking employment as a pharmaceutical sales representative. I have found how competitive the industry is so I ordered you certification program. I received the manual a few weeks ago and just completed the exam today passing with a 91%! The CNPR Certification manual is full of educational and insightful information pertaining to the industry. I am positive that completion of your program will make my resume stand out from the competition and that I will soon be receiving the interviews I have been hoping for. I can not thank you enough for this wonderful program that you have made available to people such as myself. I truly believe that this was a very wise investment towards my future career.
Thanks again!

Jacklyn in Littleton, CO

61 months ago

Brad, Anne, Steven and everyone else at the NAPRx, it was an honor learning and working with your association. Thank you for deepening my knowledge of the pharmaceutical sales industry and for your insightful sharing of the sales approach. I really obtained a lot from the CNPR Certification program. I love working as a pharmaceutical sales rep. I have only been working for 6 weeks as pharma rep but love waking up everyday and working with such great, interesting and nice physicians.

Gabe R. in Grand Rapids, MI

61 months ago

Let me express my appreciation for such a complete and robust pharmaceutical sales certification training course. I spent a long time in the military as an instructor at the at Fort Bragg. Let me say that the training provided by your association was as good as any training I have ever received. When I started working as a pharmaceutical rep I was sharing the information that I received at the certification training to others. If I can ever be of any help in the Midwest region please do not hesitate to call and I will happily get involved.

Randy in San Jose, CA

61 months ago

The CNPR Certificaton provided me with the vocational skills to become a pharmaceutical sales rep. I thank the NAPRX for that and giving me a more solid career path.

Jessie in Greensboro, NC

61 months ago

A Tucker in Chicago, Illinois said: There are several pharmaceutical companies still hiring quite a few new reps. Certainly, when they have new pharmaceutical products in their product pipeline and then those products come to market, hundreds of new pharmaceutical reps need to be hired. There are some truths that a few of the larger pharma companies lost their steady stream of new products and their new hiring has slowed. The Obama health plan is going to do nothing but increase the demand for pharmaceutical products with so many new patients being able to afford or be covered by prescription benefits. The NAPRx has a good track record and recognized name. It is a personal decision on your behalf on whether or now you want to go into this industry.

I agree with A. Tucker, a career in pharmaceutical sales seems to be solid.

Dennis B. in Sunnyvale, California

61 months ago

Rufus in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I keep seeing this ad and have looked into it but I am very skeptical of a $250 fee for training which supposed to give an advantage when searching for a pharma sales rep job. Anyone ever do it? Did it work? Or is it a scam which will not give an advantage but will only pad the wallets of internet scammers?

I took this course and passed and have seen no results. I have an extensive sales background in the Insurance, Financial Services, and Real Estate Industry. I am beginning to think the entire Pharmaceutical Sales Industry is a Scam.

Dennis B. in Sunnyvale, California

61 months ago

I have taken the CNPR course through the NAPSR and, with the rather extensive sales back ground I have in the Insurance, Financial Services, and Real Estate Industry, I have seen absolutely no results as far as finding a job in the Pharmaceutical Industry. I'm beginning to think the Pharmaceutical Business is just as much a scam as the Insurance and Financial Services Industry.

Ron D in Round Rock, Texas

61 months ago

Is it possible to get a job in the pharmaceutical industry if you have know college however over 20 years of sales and management?

Mary Anne in Rock Hill, South Carolina

61 months ago

Thank you for making CNPR Certification available online I was able to take this course at home when I had time instead of missing work or late at night. Thank you again. Many reps that I know only have limited college.

987 in Newark, New Jersey

61 months ago

LOL at anyone taking CNPR.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

987, I believe you are seriously having an issue personally for CNPR, I think you should probably just relieve yourself from your comments from now on

Mak in Sugar Land, Texas

61 months ago

Jacklyn in Littleton, CO said: Brad, Anne, Steven and everyone else at the NAPRx, it was an honor learning and working with your association. Thank you for deepening my knowledge of the pharmaceutical sales industry and for your insightful sharing of the sales approach. I really obtained a lot from the CNPR Certification program. I love working as a pharmaceutical sales rep. I have only been working for 6 weeks as pharma rep but love waking up everyday and working with such great, interesting and nice physicians.

Hi, Jacklyn,, This is Mak frm Texas, Glad to knw that you are doing well on your job, I am confused n need a help as I major in pharmacy from India, just last week I graduate in MBA in Project management, also am doing certificate in Health services management, Now I have two option to choose my career, should i go for pharma sales rep or for management level,, Its hard when you dont have experience,, I have few months of exp from Pfizer, as data analyst,, I am planning to take NAPrx,,would it will help me,,to make my future on right track..please help me to take best step ahead... You all are most wellcome to give a comments or advice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mak in Sugar Land, Texas

61 months ago

Matt said: I want to thank the NAPRx for all of its help. The CNPR Certication and pharmaceutical sales training with the Career Center helped me land my first job today in the pharmaceutical industry with Novartis. I cannot explain how happy I am and have just called my best friend to take your course as Novartis has many more openings that they are looking to get filled.

Hi matt, I have pharmacy background, and had a masters in business Administration,, after taking NAPrx will it do best for my career or I need to apply for different post. Might you have same field. I want to work with pharma industries but i have no experience,,, just few months with pfizer in india. so please tell me what is right choice.

Murray in Newberry, South Carolina

61 months ago

Steven Neece in Washington, District of Columbia said: As the Managing Director of the NAPSR it is time to set the record straight. First of all any negative comments you may see on blogs like this are definitely coming from small organizations that write help books for pharmaceutical sales. It is unfortunate that ignorant people post such outrageous things. The most important facts are that the NAPSR does work with numerous pharmaceutical companies, our CNPR Program is offered at over 300 universities/colleges nationwide, the CNPR Program provides vocational training for those individuals who want to break into a pharmaceutical sales career and the program helps thousands every year. There is no way that major universities and pharmaceutical companies would deal with an association that was bogus. You make up your own mind but if you have questions please do not hesitate to call us. See below for more facts about the NAPSR.
1) The NAPSR has recruitment advertising contracts with numerous pharmaceutical companies. This is true as they seek our members to fill pharmaceutical sales opportunities. They best candidates for them are our members who are experience or trained.
2) The NAPSR CNPR Training program is offered at over 300 major colleges and universities. These colleges would not offer the NAPSR Training course unless it was worthwhile and helpful.
3) The NAPSR has thousands of members who are pharmaceutical sales reps, district managers, regional managers, pharmaceutical sales trainers and HR staffing managers.
4) The NAPSR staff members are involved closely with the industry and appear at many of the national pharmaceutical sales conferences such as: PHARMAFORCE, IQPC, MM & M, etc
5) The NAPSR advisory board members can be found writing articles in Pharmaceutical Representative magazine which circulates to over 70,000 pharma reps
Steven, thank god you set the record straight. We all now New Jersey comments are Lisa Lane's. She is a joke.

987 in Newark, New Jersey

61 months ago

mcarthur_inc... nothing personal with NAPSRx, I promise you that. All I am saying is do your research. Not bitter at all, just amazed at how well NAPSRx spins this thing.

Good for them....

Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »   Last »