Anyone ever gone through Pharmaceutical Sales Certification course through NAPSRx?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (351 to 400 of 563)
Page:  « First « Previous   5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next »   Last »

Mak in Sugar Land, Texas

54 months ago

Matt said: I want to thank the NAPRx for all of its help. The CNPR Certication and pharmaceutical sales training with the Career Center helped me land my first job today in the pharmaceutical industry with Novartis. I cannot explain how happy I am and have just called my best friend to take your course as Novartis has many more openings that they are looking to get filled.

Hi matt, I have pharmacy background, and had a masters in business Administration,, after taking NAPrx will it do best for my career or I need to apply for different post. Might you have same field. I want to work with pharma industries but i have no experience,,, just few months with pfizer in india. so please tell me what is right choice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Murray in Newberry, South Carolina

54 months ago

Steven Neece in Washington, District of Columbia said: As the Managing Director of the NAPSR it is time to set the record straight. First of all any negative comments you may see on blogs like this are definitely coming from small organizations that write help books for pharmaceutical sales. It is unfortunate that ignorant people post such outrageous things. The most important facts are that the NAPSR does work with numerous pharmaceutical companies, our CNPR Program is offered at over 300 universities/colleges nationwide, the CNPR Program provides vocational training for those individuals who want to break into a pharmaceutical sales career and the program helps thousands every year. There is no way that major universities and pharmaceutical companies would deal with an association that was bogus. You make up your own mind but if you have questions please do not hesitate to call us. See below for more facts about the NAPSR.
1) The NAPSR has recruitment advertising contracts with numerous pharmaceutical companies. This is true as they seek our members to fill pharmaceutical sales opportunities. They best candidates for them are our members who are experience or trained.
2) The NAPSR CNPR Training program is offered at over 300 major colleges and universities. These colleges would not offer the NAPSR Training course unless it was worthwhile and helpful.
3) The NAPSR has thousands of members who are pharmaceutical sales reps, district managers, regional managers, pharmaceutical sales trainers and HR staffing managers.
4) The NAPSR staff members are involved closely with the industry and appear at many of the national pharmaceutical sales conferences such as: PHARMAFORCE, IQPC, MM & M, etc
5) The NAPSR advisory board members can be found writing articles in Pharmaceutical Representative magazine which circulates to over 70,000 pharma reps
Steven, thank god you set the record straight. We all now New Jersey comments are Lisa Lane's. She is a joke.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

987 in Newark, New Jersey

54 months ago

mcarthur_inc... nothing personal with NAPSRx, I promise you that. All I am saying is do your research. Not bitter at all, just amazed at how well NAPSRx spins this thing.

Good for them....

Stephanie in Boca Raton, Florida

54 months ago

Are they really spinning it?
D.C. Council votes to regulate pharmaceutical reps - Certification Required

After yet another contentious -- one D.C. councilmember called it "feisty" -- final round of voting, a bill to regulate pharmaceutical salespeople passed the D.C. Council in a close 7-6 vote on Tuesday.

The measure makes D.C. the first in the country to license pharmaceutical company sales representatives, able to revoke that license if a salesperson's activities were deemed fraudulent.

The bill's supporters herald it as a way to force and enforce good business practices by a profession that they say has undue influence over physicians, and therefore patients. But it passes to the chagrin of the pharmaceutical industry and other opponents who consider the new local oversight unnecessary, impossible to execute and redundant with already existing federal oversight.

"I don't understand the logic that says we shouldn't have these additional protections for patients," said Councilwoman Mary Cheh, D-Ward 3, who voted in favor of the bill. "The dangers are real, and the enforcement to date by the federal government is ineffectual."

But opponents worried about the precedent such regulation would set for other sales positions, as well as the effects of promising to police an industry better than the federal government can.

"Over-regulation, misguided regulation, bad regulation affects everybody," said Councilwoman Muriel Bowser, D- Ward 4, who voted against the bill. "I know it won't do what it claims to do."

The bill boasted the same supporters and opponents as in its first reading on Dec. 11, when it also passed by a 7-6 vote.

www.bizjournals.com/washington/stories/2008/01/07/daily15.html

John Simms in Cincinnati, Ohio

54 months ago

I was trying to decide if all these e-mails recommending NAPSRx were real or not and did some very serious research. I looked at many of the company sites that people say require the certification and could not find it on any of them. I then went to linkedin and contacted sales people with companies that "require" the certification only to find that none of them had it. The kicker for me was when I applied for an "Entry level medical sales" job to be contacted by NAPSRx! That was the only add I applied to. Why are then luring candidates in with fake ads if this is so legitimate? I would like to see those candidates that say they have been requested by Medtronic and other companies to get their certification to actually post your e-mail and full name for a change. People are struggling and I don't think it is fair to mislead them with false advertising practices.

John

CCRI Student in East Greenwich, Rhode Island

54 months ago

www.quintcareers.com/breaking_into_pharmaceutical_sales.html
This site focuses on career changers, has an excellent reputation, offers links regarding certification, and job posts; all pertaining to the pharmaceutical sales industry. Take a look and judge for yourself.

There are only 3 educational organizations that are approved by the ama.

I'm not with NAPRx, i'm a career changer myself and am currently doing a clinical internship at a national trauma ctr in New England as a phlebotomist.

Fortunately i have the opportunity to hear and learn first hand what physicians, administration and RX sales rep say/do because of the setting i'm in. Education can only assist in opening the door, what you do when you get there, well that is up to you.

54 months ago

Has anyone received their Pharmaceutical Representative Magazine yet?
Still waiting, been 3 weeks.

Milee in Winter Park, Florida

54 months ago

The CNPR Certification course is very comprehensive and is exactly as advertised. I owe my start as a pharmaceutical sales rep to the NAPRx. I highly recommend the course to anyone looking to break into pharmaceutical sales.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

FYI - I'm currently studying the NAPRx book... many many many typo's.
NOT GOOD. Information is concise by many spelling, formatting errors.
NAPRx... for the price of the book you should really spell check your material.

Jeremy in Nashville, TN

54 months ago

I have the 2010 manual and they are no errors or typos at all. You may want to contact the NAPRx or check your own spelling.

Grady in Lincoln, NE

54 months ago

I had a phone interview with PDI yesterday and they asked if I had obtained my CNPR Certfication. I said no and they are strongly recommending it to move forward in the interview process. I had never heard of it and just found this forum. Should I go to a college or I take it online?

54 months ago

there are errors, ck pages, 22, 27, 29.

danng in Genoa, Ohio

53 months ago

Joyce in Glendale, California said: Hi, I live in Los Angeles, and I am interested in buying someone's 2008 books to get the CNPR certificate for Pharmaceutical Reps. Anyone who is looking to sell their 2008 manuals, lease contact me at allee@tmail.com

I would be interested in buying someones materials. Please let me know at danng39@yahoo.com. 2008/2009

Starbucks Lover in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

52 months ago

Hello Stephanie,

I just completed the NAPRx course by correspondance, and I am currently preparing my brag book and resume. Do I require additional certification exam, or is NAPRx enough to work in any state?

Thank you.

Stephanie in Boca Raton, Florida said: Are they really spinning it?
D.C. Council votes to regulate pharmaceutical reps - Certification Required

After yet another contentious -- one D.C. councilmember called it "feisty" -- final round of voting, a bill to regulate pharmaceutical salespeople passed the D.C. Council in a close 7-6 vote on Tuesday.

The measure makes D.C. the first in the country to license pharmaceutical company sales representatives, able to revoke that license if a salesperson's activities were deemed fraudulent.

The bill's supporters herald it as a way to force and enforce good business practices by a profession that they say has undue influence over physicians, and therefore patients. But it passes to the chagrin of the pharmaceutical industry and other opponents who consider the new local oversight unnecessary, impossible to execute and redundant with already existing federal oversight.

"I don't understand the logic that says we shouldn't have these additional protections for patients," said Councilwoman Mary Cheh, D-Ward 3, who voted in favor of the bill. "The dangers are real, and the enforcement to date by the federal government is ineffectual."

But opponents worried about the precedent such regulation would set for other sales positions, as well as the effects of promising to police an industry better than the federal government can.

www.bizjournals.com/washington/stories/2008/01/07/daily15.html

52 months ago

Hi,

You can take it via correspondence. Just Google "NAPRX" and National Association of Pharmaceutical Representatives will come up. It costs about $300.

How do you like working with PDI? Are they reliable? It seems they provide a good advice on getting into a pharmaceutical rep industry. I just located PDI today and will contact them once I refine my resume.

Grady in Lincoln, NE said: I had a phone interview with PDI yesterday and they asked if I had obtained my CNPR Certfication. I said no and they are strongly recommending it to move forward in the interview process. I had never heard of it and just found this forum. Should I go to a college or I take it online?

52 months ago

Hi,

Is the sales experience required for entry-level pharma rep? Please keep me posted.

Stacey said: I am so glad I discovered this training course before I applied to any pharmaceutical companies. After studying the training manual for 3 weeks, I took the certification exam and received a score of 86%! I now feel more confident and prepared for the pharmaceutical sales interviews I have coming up thanks to my certification.

Tammy in Cortland, New York

52 months ago

spuds in Mansfield, Ohio said: Hi Amy

I like am working to break into Pharma sales, I read numerous books by the experts who say don't bother with the certification pre hire. From my research sales back ground will be your only weakness. Your medical training will really help. I have an an MS in exercise science, not in that field currently. My wife is an RN. Everything i have read says , know the company, products, study,network, and prepare, prepare, prepare. Once in they will train you

I too have a science degree, but have found it much easier to invest in building a residual income instead of wondering what if.

Stephanie in Atlanta, Georgia

52 months ago

I have been doing alot of research and this is what I nd out. Understanding biology, chemistry and biochemistry when marketing pharmaceutical products provides the foundation for developing relationships with physicians and healthcare providers across many settings. Established salespeople earn the opportunity to call on hospitals and other institutions, and to transact larger volume agreements with these customers. Experienced salespeople also become pharmaceutical sales trainers and managers.

The National Association of Pharmaceutical Representatives, NAPRx, offers the CNPR Certification to pharmaceutical salespeople. NAPRx recommends certification to those interested in working as pharmaceutical salespeople as a competitive distinguishing qualification. The program will qualify applicants for pharmaceutical sales interviews.

Valdir in Houston, Texas

50 months ago

Jacklyn in Littleton, CO said: Brad, Anne, Steven and everyone else at the NAPRx, it was an honor learning and working with your association. Thank you for deepening my knowledge of the pharmaceutical sales industry and for your insightful sharing of the sales approach. I really obtained a lot from the CNPR Certification program. I love working as a pharmaceutical sales rep. I have only been working for 6 weeks as pharma rep but love waking up everyday and working with such great, interesting and nice physicians.

Dear Sir.

I am here in Houston , TX and I try to get in this field as a Pharmaceutical Sales Representative.

Actually, I don't have experience in this area but I have a large experience on Sales and I am holding a Bachelor and Master Degree in Marketing.

I just want to know if these companies hire only professional with experience and if has some license or certificate what I can get to help me out to "put my food in the door" as a Pharmaceutical Sales Representavie.

Please let me know if you can some tips about this information.

Thanks,

Valdir Da Mota

mchambe2 in Tampa, Florida

49 months ago

Hi,
I was curious how long it took most people to get a job in pharm sales after they finished the CNPR certification? I recently bought the book and am trying to get into pharm sales.
Any info would be helpful, thanks.

Rachel in Rochester Hills, Michigan

49 months ago

It took me 7 weeks and 4 of those was just to get through 3 different interviews with the same company.

Pharmacist job! in Scarborough, Ontario

49 months ago

We are looking for Pharmacist to work in U.S.

PLEASE SEND THE RESUME.

Thanks

Suki in Rock Hill, South Carolina

49 months ago

The U.S. also needs pharmaceutical sales reps. Please apply.

Mary Ann in Boca Raton, Florida

48 months ago

For all bloggers: Eli Lilly is asking me to get my CNPR Certification. If you are looking to get into pharmaceutical sales make sure to obtain your CNPR certification.

Jamie T. in Orange Park, Florida

48 months ago

Thanks for the advice. I just went on the Lilly website and I do see where they are looking for the certification and above a 2.75 gpa.

Mary Anne in Kathleen, Florida

47 months ago

Thanks, I just saw the Certification listed above in the education area of the job description. My freind is interiewing and he mentioned to get Certified as well.

Sarah R. in Arlington, Texas

47 months ago

Elizabeth Danford in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Hi Jamie,
I'm sorry, but I also double checked their website. I can find absolutely nothing about the CNPR certification on any of their job descriptions. As I mentioned, having coached six candidates through the interview process it has never come up. I'm pasting the job description requirements as a reference point.
* EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree, Minimum 2.75/4.0 Cumulative GPA in undergraduate degree
* GPA minimum does not apply to candidates with 10 or more years of work experience since their undergraduate degree was obtained
* GPA minimum does not apply to former Lilly employees
* Professional Certification or License if required by a specific state
* Completion of Pre-Employment Screen**

* EXPERIENCE: Must have at least 3 years previous work experience in one of the following areas:

o Pharmaceutical Sales Experience
o Cardiovascular or sepsis disease therapeutic experience
o Specialized role in a hospital environment
o Pharmacist, Nurse, or Physician

Dear Mary Anne:
You are correct I do see the Certification listed!!!!!! Thanks SR

Andy P. in Charlotte, NC

47 months ago

Where do I obtain the Certification?

Andrea R. in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

47 months ago

Cheryl in Indianapolis, Indiana said: I took my CNPR Training through Indiana University and it was very valuable education. I received tuition reimbursement from my company but it has opened up doors for me with pharmaceutical companies. The course has certainly helped me because I never had any medical coursework and new nothning about clinical pharmacology.

You can take the CNPR Certification at over 300 colleges or universities nationwide. Otherwise, go to www.napsronline.org and take it by correspondence for only $239.

Omayra in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

47 months ago

Hi, please i need sales recruiters to help me get into Pharmaceutical sales here in Miami,FL!!Any suggestions?? Thank's, very helpful forum!!

Pharm in Boca Raton, Florida

47 months ago

Does anyone would like to sell their manual CNPR book? How much? Please contact me at residirusa@aol.com

Julie P. in McKinney, Texas

47 months ago

I will sell my 2010 manual for $99.

47 months ago

Well, I asked some pharmaceutical friends(from top pharmaceutical companies) about this CNPR and they said that is NOT something we should have on our resume! They all said that if you put it in your resume, the companies will look at that and say "SUCKER!" So, don't believe when they are saying that companies are asking for that!! RUN!! It is just a way to take your money! And many sites have "links" between each others to say it's necessary! I am starting in pharmaceutical now, and as many people I don't want to be mislead! BE AWARE! If you are not sure ask people that REALLY work on the field! So, thanks for all the BS people wrote about "how important " this is! Please have some heart!!!

Misty in Fort Payne, Alabama

47 months ago

I took the course at the University of Alabama because it was suggested by my brother who works at Pfizer and a pharmaceutical recruiter who strongly recommended it. I can tell you that I interviewed with 4 pharmaceutical companies and they were all impressed and mentioned my CNPR Certification during the interview in a positive manner. I just don't see how accredited vocational training (it is offered at over 300 colleges) can be a negative. (PS-It is also requred now at 6 states, check out the ELI LILLY ad it requires the Certification in the JOB DESCRIPTION)

James T. in Williamston, Michigan

47 months ago

Thanks for the advice, I am going online right now to order the CNPR Certification.

bkhorban@sbcglobal.net in North Highlands, California

47 months ago

Unfortunately this is not a valid or quantified certification.... I have been trying like hell to get my foot in the door within the Pharma rep industry for years! I have been in outside sales for over 15 years now and I know my area like the back of my hand... I have made several calls to various Pharma Recruiters and company HR Departmentd.. none of them said that this is an industry standard or requirement... RIPOFF!! Take the time to make the calls to various Pharma Recuiters and HR Deparments to see..

Brian

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

(TO BRIAN)
I have been trying as well to get my foot in the door within the Pharma rep industry for a while too Brian!
I am an outside sales for 7 years! And I just found out about this, because a "recruiter" asked me if I had it! (I found out later her site was affiliated with the one that offers this certification)!
I REALLY HOPE THAT PEOPLE LIKE US CAN FIND OUT THAT THIS IS A RIPOFF BEFORE GETTING IT!!
If you are not sure, talk to a Pharm rep or call a serious Pharma recruiter!!
I can't believe people have the heart to lie to the ones, like us WHO are looking to get in! WHAT A JOKE!!

S. Pritchard in Augusta, Georgia

47 months ago

I took the CNPR Course at Augusta State. I liked the course and it was the best thing that ever happened to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

James P. in Locust Grove, Georgia

46 months ago

I asked my freind who is a pharmaceutical rep for GlaxoSmithKline and he said that any pharmaceutical sales training or education will look good on my resume. The CNPR is certainly one of the best according to him.

46 months ago

Take your own risks!
I will NEVER put this on my resume! Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Abbey C. in Locust Grove, Georgia

46 months ago

This is what I just found on a google search, I believe a National group that has over 33 local groups and has a program at over 300 colleges.

The NAPRx’s CNPR Certification Grads Find Pharmaceutical Sales Jobs Through JOBTARGET & NAPRx
The NAPRx’s CNPR Certification Grads Find Pharmaceutical Sales Jobs Through the NAPRx Career Center Sponsored by JOBTARGET. JobTarget is quickly becoming the world's leading career site services company.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

PRLog (Press Release) – Aug 09, 2010 – More recent CNPR Certified graduates looking for pharmaceutical sales jobs have found them, thanks to the NAPRx’s new partnership with JOBTARGET career service division. JobTarget is quickly becoming the world's leading career site services company. Since 2001, when they signed on their first partner, they have added nearly 1,000 career sites to their network. JobTarget’s partner retention rate is more than 99%, and all their products and services are backed by a five-star customer service guarantee.

"In the past few months we've had hundreds of students graduate from the pharmaceutical industry vocational CNPR Certification course. A good portion of our students already have founds jobs in pharmaceutical sales or healthcare sales, but some are still interviewing and looking for work.. All of JOBTARGET's career services are at no cost to our CNPR Certified applicants," shared the National Association of Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives –CNPR Certification Coordinator, Brad Sullivan.

For Bill Stapes, a former sales rep in consumer goods, “I took the CNPR Certification program and passed the CNPR Certification exam. By applying for pharmaceutical sales jobs I found on the NAPRx Career Center I set up two pharmaceutical sales job interviews that resulted in a job offer.”

College Student in Saint Clair Shores, Michigan

46 months ago

46 months ago

After further review I have found that the best way to get into a career in pharmaceutical sales is through the CNPR Certification. Go to www.napsronline.org

46 months ago

I also want to add to this blog that the NAPRx Career Center is certainly the best site for finding jobs and posting your resume. Just login at www.napsronline.org

46 months ago

The CNPR Certification is a great program that unfortunately did not know about the importance of it until just recently. It is offered at over 300 college and universities. Learn more at www.gatlineducation.com/pharmaceutical_sales_training.htm

Unique in Duluth, Georgia

46 months ago

Can someone please tell me a college or university in Georgia that offers the program.

Suzi R. in Nashville, Tennessee

46 months ago

You can go to www.napsronline.org or www.gatlineducation.com to find colleges nearest you.

45 months ago

If you want to get into pharmaceutical sales you should most certainly get Certified.

Patel in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts

44 months ago

Please contact me at teerth.patel@gmail.com if you're selling your NAPRX book. Thank you.

Mary in Phenix City, Alabama

43 months ago

The CNPR Certification was a god sent for me. I am now working in pharmaceutical sales for J & J!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next »   Last »