Breaking a contract with a retail pharmacy

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (19)

Ryan in Strawn, Illinois

91 months ago

I am 1.5 years into a 3 year committment with a large chain pharmacy. An opportunity to go back into hospital in my local area as a director has risen. Has anyone heard of anyone breaking a contract and not having to pay back the sign-on bonus?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nader in North Wales, Pennsylvania

91 months ago

No not generally, but you can try to negotiate to have your potential employer payout the rest of your contract.

Regards,

Nader

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Darren in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

89 months ago

Ryan in Strawn, Illinois said: I am 1.5 years into a 3 year committment with a large chain pharmacy. An opportunity to go back into hospital in my local area as a director has risen. Has anyone heard of anyone breaking a contract and not having to pay back the sign-on bonus?

I have an opening for a Director of Pharmacy in TX. Would you or anyone you know be interested in the position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Eldonie in Nanuet, New York

89 months ago

Ryan in Strawn, Illinois said: I am 1.5 years into a 3 year committment with a large chain pharmacy. An opportunity to go back into hospital in my local area as a director has risen. Has anyone heard of anyone breaking a contract and not having to pay back the sign-on bonus?

Why don't you negotiate a sign on bonus with your new employer and then use that to repay your current employer?

89 months ago

We are currently recruiting for Staff Pharmacists in New York, Louisiana, and Miwaukee. Would you or any of your colleague looking to make a career move?

Requirement at least one year of experience as a Staff Pharmacist. Must have the appropriate state license.

salem in Richardson, Texas

88 months ago

Darren in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I have an opening for a Director of Pharmacy in TX. Would you or anyone you know be interested in the position?

yes i would be interested.

88 months ago

Okay- please contact me at barronjobs@optonline.net.
Thanks

Donie in Nanuet, New York

88 months ago

Director- Patient Services

We are currently recruiting for 2 Nurse Managers with home health experience to work in Watertown, New York. If you know of any qualified candidate who is looking for this opportunity- please refer them to me. If the candidate is hired, we will send you a check of $500 as a referral fee. Thank you.

Magpie in Hood River, Oregon

88 months ago

A colleague of mine broke many a contract, and is now on a few "no hire" lists. He worked the system really well, but those of us who know him think it's pretty stinky. We agree that he basically ripped off the company for which we work. So if you care about your reputation, I'd start with Nader's advice above.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Donie in Nanuet, New York

88 months ago

We are currently recruiting for a Director, Pharmacy in New York- please let me know if you know of any qualified individuals.

We are also looking for a registered nurse to work as Director - Patient Services in Watertown, NY.

Thanks, Eldonie

J Brodsky, Esq. in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

81 months ago

We are investigating the sale of expited medications by large chains. Any information would be very helpful. Thanks, Jason

TERRYMYE in Jamestown, New York

71 months ago

Eldonie in Nanuet, New York said: We are currently recruiting for Staff Pharmacists in New York, Louisiana, and Miwaukee. Would you or any of your colleague looking to make a career move?

Requirement at least one year of experience as a Staff Pharmacist. Must have the appropriate state license.

YES EMAIL ME AT GMAIL

Laughing Pharm.D in Newark, New Jersey

69 months ago

Magpie in Hood River, Oregon said: A colleague of mine broke many a contract, and is now on a few "no hire" lists. He worked the system really well, but those of us who know him think it's pretty stinky. We agree that he basically ripped off the company for which we work. So if you care about your reputation, I'd start with Nader's advice above.

You and your clique are a joke. How many retail companies actually keep their word whenever they promise or say they'll do something. If you owe the money pay it back because you are not like them, not cuz some brown nose is trying to scare you with the dreaded no hire list. A lot of our new grads/existing pharms are conned by the allure of big quick money, but are not treated or paid deservingly. FAst FooD Far from Pharmacy....hello I'm CP30 may I take your order????

Laughing Pharm.D in Newark, New Jersey

69 months ago

J Brodsky, Esq. in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: We are investigating the sale of expited medications by large chains. Any information would be very helpful. Thanks, Jason

You might want to hire consultants for that. I doubt the most troubled Pharmacist would help a leec..I mean lawyer

Stop scamming the pharmacists!! in Jamaica, New York

66 months ago

I received relocation assistance from a major chain when I first graduated from Pharmacy school, and I ended up regretting the fact that I took their money. We make way too much money to be cornered by a few measly bucks.

It would be better if they were to give people extra money at the end of each year for a couple of years. Better yet, I wonder if a company could add the money to your retirement fund or 401k account at the end of a commitment (Tax free?). Humm.....

Anyway, the point is this, don't sign any commitment!!

Nortgum in Oak Harbor, Washington

65 months ago

TERRYMYE in Jamestown, New York said: YES EMAIL ME AT GMAIL

I am wondering if you know any networking for staff pharmacist position in Seattle/Everett WA state? I'm a floater pharmacist for a large chain but I would like to have more stable assignment. Already posting in job search. Any insider hint to land a job quicker is welcome. Thanks in advance.

No more retail for me! in San Francisco, California

50 months ago

Retail chains would still have many applicants even if they did not offer signon bonuses. The reason they do offer them is to prevent pharmacists from leaving unpleasant working environments. It gives the company total control of what to do with you. My contract stipulated that I work at least 38 hours in a specific district. They didn't have enough hours to give that to any of their floater pharmacists. And now that I found and accepted a stable position elsewhere, they are making me pay back the bonus+taxes. New grads: I know you need the money, but really be careful what you sign... those contracts tend to be airtight and unfair.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

bob in Champaign, Illinois

45 months ago

Darren in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I have an opening for a Director of Pharmacy in TX. Would you or anyone you know be interested in the position?

i am a pharmacist in illinois. i have 3 years experiance as a pharmacy technician and 8 months experiance as a pharmacist in charge in retail pharmacy i would like to move to texas if i get better opportunity. my e mail adress is bhargav_patel1984@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

BOB in Arcola, Illinois

45 months ago

HI DAVE
YES I CAN MOVE TO DENVER IF THE RIGHT OFFER CAME ALONG.IN FACT I CAN MOVE TO ANYWHERE IF I GET GOOD OPPORTUNITY.just i have to get colorado license for that i think it takes 2-3 weeks.
BOB FROM ILLINOIS

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.