Canadian pharmacist

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (34)

Zuzanna B in San José, Costa Rica

89 months ago

I am pharmacist in Costa Rica and I would like to work in Montreal,Canada. Does someone has any idea of how to start o where to start?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (159) / No (43) Reply - Report abuse

andishe in Tehran, Iran, Islamic Republic of

77 months ago

I am pharmacist in Costa Rica and I would like to work in Montreal,Canada. Does someone has any idea of how to start o where to start?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

vandit in Edmonton, Alberta

77 months ago

hi there, u can visit the site www.pebc.ca, because i was the pharmacist in india, and then i came here and gave that exams, but for the montreal, quebec it is quite different...so, u can visit that site, and hopefully u'll find all the informations there...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

janicewong in Cebu, Philippines

73 months ago

Good Day. We do have same problem except that I'm from Philippines.
Does anyone knows what Visa should i obtain to be able to take the Evaluation Exam in Canada?
And after passing the exam, study in the University of Toronto for another 2-4 mo. and get hired as Student Intern?
Pls. give some advice especially to Filino Pharmacist up there in Canada. Thanks..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

janicewong in Cebu, Philippines

73 months ago

Hi! why would you rather work in other countries rather in Canada?
I'm interested in your reply since I'm planning to take the Canadian licensure. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sumi in Kottayam, India

72 months ago

Hi All,

I have completed 2 year diploma in Pharmacy then got lateral admission for 4 year B.pharm.So I have completed (2+3)5 years study . I have 2.5 years experience in Phamacy.Am I eligible to get USA pharmacy licence ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

vandit in Edmonton, Alberta

72 months ago

hi there, nope as long as i know u r not eligible for u.s. license but yeah u can check with PEBC, i think u r eligible for the canadian license exams...that is what i gave, and i m also not 100% sure with u.s. license procedure as well...but u can double check..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mat in Jersey City, New Jersey

71 months ago

sumi in Kottayam, India said: Hi All,

I have completed 2 year diploma in Pharmacy then got lateral admission for 4 year B.pharm.So I have completed (2+3)5 years study . I have 2.5 years experience in Phamacy.Am I eligible to get USA pharmacy licence ?

No I am currently in US and I have done diploma and bachelor as well but they don't allow you to take those exams I think you can try for Canada as I have applied for this year exam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jitzfear in Bentley, Australia

71 months ago

Hi mat, I have done 1 year university in Canada and just finished my pharmacy degree in Australia. Does this (1+4) eligible for USA pharmacy license? I'm currently not licensed in Australia though.. thx for ur advice

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Mat in Jersey City, New Jersey

71 months ago

I really don't know but you can check with NABP that is board of pharmacy in america

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

roya.sh in Shiraz, Iran, Islamic Republic of

70 months ago

vandit in Edmonton, Alberta said: hi there, u can visit the site www.pebc.ca , because i was the pharmacist in india, and then i came here and gave that exams, but for the montreal, quebec it is quite different...so, u can visit that site, and hopefully u'll find all the informations there...

Hi can anybody tell me what the america examination consist of?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

roya in Shiraz, Iran, Islamic Republic of

70 months ago

Hi if anybody can tell me what the america exam for accepting the other countriers degree consist of?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Siddarthan in Huntington, West Virginia

69 months ago

k.nagendran in Manama, Bahrain said: I AM K.NAGENDRAN B.PHARM(DR.MGRMEDICALUNIVERSITYTAMILNADU,INDIA)NOW I AM WORKING US A PHARMACIST&REGULATORYAFFAIRSEXE IN BAHRAIN I WANT DETAILS HOW GETTING JOB IN SINGAPORE,NEWZELAND PHARMA FIELD

REGARDS
K.NAGENDRAN

Dear Mr. Nagendran:

Are you not interested in applying for FPGEC certification in the US?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mina in Toronto, Ontario

69 months ago

Canadian pharmacist looking to relocate to the U.S (washington state possibly?) any recruiters?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kat in Edmonton, Alberta

66 months ago

andishe in Tehran, Iran, Islamic Republic of said: I am pharmacist in Costa Rica and I would like to work in Montreal,Canada. Does someone has any idea of how to start o where to start?

Hi! Question for you, how does one get licenced to be a pharmacist in Costa Rica? I currently have a Canadian Licence. Thanks in advance. Kathy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

tooraj.kargar in Shiraz, Iran, Islamic Republic of

61 months ago

ifm possible tell me about:which school is better for education. how long take it and how much money do i have to spend\\

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

vega flame in Spring, Texas

61 months ago

yes you are:)

vega flame in Spring, Texas

61 months ago

can anyone tell me if being a pharmacist in costa rica is ANY GOOD RIGHT NOW?

Siddarthan in Lewisburg, West Virginia

61 months ago

Unfortunately, not! They want 5 or 6 year course done.

John in Germantown, Maryland

55 months ago

NO. after 2003, the minimum requirement is Pharm D. Sorry.

rrg in Waltham Cross, United Kingdom

52 months ago

Hi. I am a Community Pharmacist from the U.K and I am looking to move to Canada. Does anyone have an idea what the process involves. I know i have to obtain registration from the PEBC but is the criteria the same for all foreign Pharmacists or does it depend upon which country you come from ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

elsheikh tajelsir in Sudan

51 months ago

am a pharmacist from sudan and i wish if i can work in canada...what the requirments to be qualified as phamacist in canada???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

noel_lawren@*****.*** in Gurgaon, India

50 months ago

vandit in Edmonton, Alberta said: hi there, u can visit the site www.pebc.ca , because i was the pharmacist in india, and then i came here and gave that exams, but for the montreal, quebec it is quite different...so, u can visit that site, and hopefully u'll find all the informations there...

hello there sir, can i get ur email address so to keep in touch with u about the procedure of coming there in canada after b pharma ...im doing b pharma from india and after that planing to come in canada any suggestion please .....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sandeepsg in Bangalore, India

49 months ago

Hi, I have completed 6(4+2)years of study which includes 4 years of B.PHARM and 2yr M.PHARM. Am currently working in Formulation R&D dept with parenteral specialization. Now am looking for immigration to Canada for better future prospects.
Please let me know the requirements for registering as pharmacist in canada and do let me know the nature of job i can land up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

alamelu in Scarborough, Ontario

48 months ago

hi
i have completed my diploma in pharmacyin india and was working as a pharmacist for 3 yrs. i came out in 2003 and i am now staying in canada. can i ge a job here or what procedures to be done

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Namrata in Toronto, Ontario

48 months ago

Hi,

I have completed 4 year b.pharm in India. I am fresher and now in canada on dependant visa. I am interested to work here. For this, do I need to study here further ? If so, do I need to possess study visa ? If further study is not required, what is the criteria for me to get a job in pharmacy ..?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

bssbalajidevarapalli in Bangalore, India

47 months ago

Hello

I AM A B.Pharm,PharmD graduate from INDIA.What are the options for my career in canada.Shall i need to do any MS or PhD or WORK? PLEASE REPLY

THANKS

Balaji
Email:balajipharmd@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

kirandeep raj in Jalandhar, India

46 months ago

Hello,

I am planning to study Pharmacy Technician 2 year diploma from ontario university .Does this diploma makes me eligible for PR, if I work as a Pharmacy Technician for 1 year after completing this program?

This is very urgent. I would appreciate if someone could give me valuable suggestions regarding my question.

Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Amol in Mumbai, India

33 months ago

Dear Vandit. I too am from india and looking for going to canada to work as a pharmacist. How shall I go about it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Josh in London, Ontario

31 months ago

Pharmacy career in Canada has gone downhill the past several years. Most pharmacies just hire pharmacy technicians as they do most of the work now. Having gone through the PEBC process and still looking for an internship which I have offered to do for no pay, I highly recommend you think twice about coming to Canada. If you still want to come to Canada then you are better off to do something else. I am at the point of giving up and going overseas to work!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marie in London, Ontario

31 months ago

If I could go back and switch careers I wouldn't think twice. First of all, they prefer graduates from Canadian or American universities which means any pharmacy will put you on the bottom of the list. Due to the high intake of new students in Canadian universities and some provinces have opened a second pharmacy program (eg. Ontario), that list is quite extensive. I actually live in a rural area with lots of towns and 2 big cities with heaps of pharmacies and even these have a lot of applicants. Secondly, pharmacy in Canada has changed, the pharmacy technicians do all the work now which means pharmacies here hire more of them and less pharmacist. Also, I went to one medical centre with a pharmacy that was full of pharmacy techs, a couple of dispensing machines and just one pharmacist! Be prepared for disappointment and unemployment if you wish to try pharmacy in Canada.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

rony in Vancouver, British Columbia

29 months ago

Josh in London, Ontario said: Pharmacy career in Canada has gone downhill the past several years. Most pharmacies just hire pharmacy technicians as they do most of the work now. Having gone through the PEBC process and still looking for an internship which I have offered to do for no pay, I highly recommend you think twice about coming to Canada. If you still want to come to Canada then you are better off to do something else. I am at the point of giving up and going overseas to work!

i am agree with you.

rony in Vancouver, British Columbia

29 months ago

Marie in London, Ontario said: If I could go back and switch careers I wouldn't think twice. First of all, they prefer graduates from Canadian or American universities which means any pharmacy will put you on the bottom of the list. Due to the high intake of new students in Canadian universities and some provinces have opened a second pharmacy program (eg. Ontario), that list is quite extensive. I actually live in a rural area with lots of towns and 2 big cities with heaps of pharmacies and even these have a lot of applicants. Secondly, pharmacy in Canada has changed, the pharmacy technicians do all the work now which means pharmacies here hire more of them and less pharmacist. Also, I went to one medical centre with a pharmacy that was full of pharmacy techs, a couple of dispensing machines and just one pharmacist! Be prepared for disappointment and unemployment if you wish to try pharmacy in Canada.

You are right .....even i worked volunteer here.....No use.

vishal in Ajax, Ontario

28 months ago

I am from india only. you need to get in to canadian education. i suggest one thing that you use second career as a option study pharmacy assistant course here with the help of govt fund. ccbst.ca/second-career/ refer this they will help you out how to find your selected career job in canada

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.