Pharmacists waiting on probation discipline, what to do?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

SEMOpharmD in Pomona, Missouri

44 months ago

I am currently under investigation by the board of pharmacy for a drug/alcohol related issue. It could be months before any action is taken which will most likely be probation. I know once my probation is started I will have to provide my employer with the probationary term documents. Should I try to find a job now and hope they won't fire me when I start my probation or just wait until I get disciplined? Am I overreacting or will it be next to impossible to find a job once on probation?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

moRPH in Newburyport, Massachusetts

44 months ago

Hello,
I am in a similar situation, except I am almost completed. 10 months left of a 5 year probation. I left my last Job last Aug and I am having trouble finding one now. I do recommend that you wait until you have a final discipline. Some states make you go a full year and not allow you to work as a pharmacist. (I hope you don't have to wait, I did and it was a long year) I am currently looking and now think that I should wait until my probation is over. Please email me if you need to chat. Every state is different.
silverflipxx@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

groveychic

40 months ago

How many pharmacist have been displined and now can't find a job? I am also in this situation. It is very frustrating to say the least! How are you coping? I was only reprimanded with no probation and still no luck.
Trying to find a job period has been very bad. No luck even at minimun wage job. Please feel free to contact me at groveychic@gmail.com

flpharm in Orlando, Florida

38 months ago

I am in a similar situation, I am 1 year into a 5 year probation. It took me a year and a half to find a job in an independent pharmacy and now the owner might need to close in next few months. I am scared that I won't be able to find anything if that happens. With probation in Florida, you have to be working full time to count it towards probation time accrued. So even though I've been on probation for 2.5 years, only 1 year of it counts since I've only been working a year.

aaaa in Tokyo, Japan

38 months ago

abc

Janees in San Lorenzo, California

38 months ago

flpharm in Orlando, Florida said: I am in a similar situation, I am 1 year into a 5 year probation. It took me a year and a half to find a job in an independent pharmacy and now the owner might need to close in next few months. I am scared that I won't be able to find anything if that happens. With probation in Florida, you have to be working full time to count it towards probation time accrued. So even though I've been on probation for 2.5 years, only 1 year of it counts since I've only been working a year.

Hello, I have recently been put on probation and I am quite new to all the consequences. I was put on the remedial education program, and was wondering if you to take this as well. I have had some trouble trying to find out where and how I could apply for the program. Any information would help a whole lot. I really appreciate it!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.