Pharmacy is a great profession

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Tony B PharmD RPH in Dallas, Texas

48 months ago

I encourage everyone to apply to pharmacy school. 100K+ starting salary.

CVS and Wags opening on ever corner. There is so many types of pharmacy you can do as well. Retail, LTC, Hospital, Industry, Nuclear...these are just some examples.

Let the schools keep opening up, its a great field, I got a job upon graduation. These people are a BUNCH OF LIARS, THEY KNOW HOW GREAT THE FIELD IS..

PT, OT, NURSING, LAB, X-RAY ALL THESE ANCILARY PROFEESION LIKE PHARMACY, BUT ONLY PHARMACY MAKES 100K UPON GRADUATION AS A BASE SALARY.

KEEP APPLYING EVERYONE, AND SCHOOLS KEEP OPENING UP!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Gina in Frisco, Texas

48 months ago

I have been a pharmacist for over ten years, this is a great profession and the pay is fantastic.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

pharmicist in 2015 in Lincolnton, North Carolina

48 months ago

Gina in Frisco, Texas said: I have been a pharmacist for over ten years, this is a great profession and the pay is fantastic.

how much do u get paid

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

joyce in New York, New York

42 months ago

I would be very wary of anyone who is saying that pharmacy is a profession to go into and especially if they are saying it is great that they are opening more school. They are saying that b/c schools are opening up so quickly that they dont have the proper staff to fill position. I think that some of these statements are people who work for pharmacy schools or have some relationship with them. Shame on you!!!People are racking up debt that will take years to pay back if school would insure employment after graduation I wonder how many pharmacy school would you have

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

NEWCPT-1 in Buena Park, California

42 months ago

I agree with Joyce and 100K sounds unrealistic for someone right out of school and having no experience, how is that possible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

dontwanttobea99er in Somerville, Massachusetts

42 months ago

There is no way the kids behind the counter at my CVS are making half that, let alone that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Frances in Seattle, Washington

41 months ago

yes, the 'kids' behind the counter at CVS are making that. Actually you should be saying Dr Kid, because they all have PharmDs if they were training in the US. BUT the job market is drying up, a bunch of cruddy schools are churning out subpar grads and this will probably depress wages.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Frances in Seattle, Washington

41 months ago

YES the 'kids' at the CVS, if they are pharmacists and not techs, are making that. And really you should be saying Dr Kid, because so long as they were trained in the US they have PharmDs. But that being said, the degree mills are churning out more PharmDs than the market can bear and the profession is going down the toilet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MichaelPharmD in New Jersey

41 months ago

like i said becoming a pharmacist has been the single hand WORST DECISION OF MY LIFE!

i cannot find work as a pharmd with residency. there are not jobs out there. the economy is horrific. i have a baby and a wife that i cannot even support financially.

salaries are coming down. i even offer places to work at less rate than other pharmacists so i can get anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.