considering becoming a pharmacist

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Michelle in Middleboro, Massachusetts

77 months ago

I am 28yrs old and am considering going back to school to become a pharmacist. I already have a B.A in marketing but with this economy I am looking for something more stable to provide for my family. I however, am not sure how to go about what is needed to apply and what schools are accredited. I have a 7mo old so flexable schedual are key. Any suggestions?!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Atieh in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

76 months ago

Do it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jj in Los Angeles, California

76 months ago

go on sdn forums to find out more about the pharmacy profession. funny, but there's crazy talk right now that there is a looming oversupply of pharmacists. what a shatty time for all of us

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RXRecruiter in Crosby, Texas

76 months ago

Go for it! The market is strong. If you have a child and want to work overnights or weekends the retail pay is about 45 - 50 per hour depending on the part of the country your reside. Each state has a board of pharmacy to help you research your new career and the steps you will need to take.

Much success!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mike in Absecon, New Jersey

75 months ago

I would consider nusing considering the cost of pharmacy school chains are cutting back staff these days

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dumbsolo in Stockton, California

74 months ago

hi. i am 25 yrs old and i want to become a pharmacist. i dropped out of high school at 17, and i just recently received my g.e.d, and i dont know what i need to do. i just enrolled in my community college and am lost. i dont know what classes to take to even start getting ready to be able to enter the pharmacy program at the university. can someone please help me out?

Misty in Portland, Oregon

74 months ago

dumbsolo in Stockton, California said: hi. i am 25 yrs old and i want to become a pharmacist. i dropped out of high school at 17, and i just recently received my g.e.d, and i dont know what i need to do. i just enrolled in my community college and am lost. i dont know what classes to take to even start getting ready to be able to enter the pharmacy program at the university. can someone please help me out?

You are lucky that you live in Stockton. University of the Pacific is there and has a pharmacy school. You could get information from there about which prerequisites to take.

Sidra in West Palm Beach, Florida

74 months ago

Different pharmacy schools have different requirements.
Some require a 4 year undergrad degree followed by 4 years pharmacy school.
Others require just 60 credits (2 years) followed by 4 years pharm school.

There are a few 3 year pharmacy schools and also direct entry ones, which are 5-6 years in length.

Go directly to the websites of the schools you are interested so you know what their specific admission requirements are, and then start your college coursework. Meanwhile you an start working in a pharmacy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.