Pharmacy Technician Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (801) - Start a Discussion

Correa13 in Bronx, New York

Pharmacy Technician Salaries in Ithaca, NY

Hey everyone! I'm a Transfer student at Cornell University in Ithaca, NY and in dire need of a job. Here are my credentials: - CPhT -...

jtC32 in Sacramento, California

Updated 23 months ago

Pharmacy tech VS billing and coding - 1 Reply

I'm currently a medical assistant. I will take the AAMA exam in March 2013. I work part time but I'm earning just a tad above minimum wage. I get at...

jd

Pharmacy Technician/Assistant in WA

Hi, Is there any training/education required for a pharmacy assistant beyond a diploma and registering with the state? What salary do you make...

scooterinnc84 in Lewisville, North Carolina

Can I work as a pharmacy technician without answering phones and dealing with customers in my case?

Probably not, but here is my situation.... I have trouble hearing people when talking to them due to some Auditory Processing Disorder issues, I get...

Longsen

Question about the PTCE and the ExCPT exams

Which one of these exams should I take if I wanted to be certified to work as a Pharmacy Tech in Milwaukee, Wisconsin? Thanks!

Soon2BePharmTech in Conyers, Georgia

Any hints/tips you guys can give? Sending in resume...

Hello, I recently decided to pursue a career as a Pharmacy Technician. I just got back from meeting with the Pharmacy Manager (I guess that was...

Poyo in Washington, District of Columbia

Pay Rate?

Ive been working at CVS for about a year now and Ive recently got 95 cent raise to bring me at a whopping 9.95/hr. I was wondering if that is the...

Jeff in Conyers, Georgia

Misdemeanor offense??

I read somewhere that if someone has a misdemeanor offense in the past 5 years, he or she is not allowed to become a pharmacy tech? Is this true??...

GPerez88 in Webster, Massachusetts

Recieving my license

So I worked for this company that recently closed and laid everyone off, anyways before that they had given me my pharm tech test and I passed and...

a0369ncwm in Oceanside, California

Interviewing with Veterans Affairs (Pharmacy Tech)

Can anyone give me advice on what to expect during an interview with the VA? Thank you so much.

Misswifie in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 25 months ago

Which is better way is better? - 1 Reply

Hey there everyone i'm wondering if getting certified for pharmacist tech. through those 6 month classes is better or the classes where you have to...

Misswifie in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 25 months ago

Hospital Pharmacy Tech - 30 Replies

I worked at 2 different drug stores as a pharmacy tech when I was in my 20's. Even then and in very good shape, it was exhausting standing for 12 hr....

kyle in Canton, Ohio

need suggestions and/or input on a job situtation.

ok, so I am going to make this short as possible so i dont bore you guys. anyways I have been a retail tech for 3 years now and i actually really...

Rebecca Dorothy in Phoenix, Arizona

Updated 25 months ago

NEED THE PHARM TECH STUDY PACKAGE ASAP!! - 8 Replies

looking to take the test, willing to unload someones complete package or incomplete for the exam....way over priced for new books!!! please email me...

Kyle88

What is the best way to learn just hospital pharmacy work

I just passed the ptce and would like to start work in a hospital pharmacy eventually. I have 3 years tech experience in a retail pharmacy and it's...

Destiny in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Updated 25 months ago

NO EXPERIENCE BUT CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN. - 8 Replies

Any idea's on how to keep up the materials learned in this field, can't get hired as a tech without experience, absolutely sure ill forget...

Robin in New Bedford, Massachusetts

Updated 25 months ago

I will help solve maths for pharmacy technician for free - 7 Replies

Hi all, i would really like to help students for solving the maths question for pharmacy technician exam. If you have any questions, kindly mail me....

Montika in Salt Lake City, Utah

I have seem to forgotten quite a few things.

Two months ago, I passed my program, certification, and am officially licensed to be a pharmacy technician. It took two months for me to find a job...

Don'tbelieveit in Phoenix, Arizona

Updated 26 months ago

Trying to hire on with CVS....should I continue to bug them? - 3 Replies

I just completed the pharmacy tech class at the college in my area, which took 6 months and the last part consisted of a 2 week externship at a local...

Amal_559 in Fresno, California

Updated 26 months ago

Boston Reed College for Pharmacy Tech - 26 Replies

Has anyone taken the training through Boston Reed College and what has been your experience getting a job?

April_tech in Texarkana, Texas

Updated 26 months ago

how often are pharm techs tested for drugs? - 3 Replies

I know they test you when you get hired but what about after? Are there random drugs tests? thank you

Benjamin Clifford in Seattle, Washington

Updated 26 months ago

Answering phone. Is it a difficult task? - 1 Reply

I know this question may be silly. English is my 2nd language. I'm quite good at face-to-face conversation, but answering a phone call is another...

April_tech in Texarkana, Texas

Registration with TSBP

I was wondering how long anyone else has had to wait for their TSBP registration. SO far it has been two weeks for me, but I would like to know the...

Benjamin Clifford in Seattle, Washington

Updated 26 months ago

What is the point of being registered? - 1 Reply

My boss told me this morning that I should get registered by the state after passing my PTCB, but I am not sure what the benefits are. I have to pay...

LKLo

Please Help Me Prepare for the ExPCT Exam

I recently just got done with my Pharmacy Tech major here in Missouri. I'm planning to move to Milwaukee, WI to look for a Pharmacy Tech job, but...

Newly Tech in Lodi, California

Updated 27 months ago

Math question help - 4 Replies

I need help with this. A cream contains 1.5g of hydrocortisone in 30g of cream. How much hydrocortisone must be added to make the final product...

Joey K in Trenton, New Jersey

Can you be certified both by ptcb and excpt?

Jeanetta Mastron in Signal Hill, California

Updated 27 months ago

Difference between ExCPT and PTCE exam - 25 Replies

Can someone explain the difference between the two for me?

JuneK in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

South Carolina Certification

Trying to get certified in SC. I have my CPhT and attended a Lincoln College of Technology pharm tech program as well, but that program, in...

JuneK in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Updated 27 months ago

Becoming Certified by the State - 1 Reply

If you are a pharmacy technician and have worked in a pharmacy for almost a year, yet has failed to pay the $30 dollars to become certified by the...

TechyNerd101 in Dayton, Ohio

Updated 27 months ago

What is the job outlook for a pharmacy technician? Hard to find work? Yearly salary? - 1 Reply

Just curious... looking into the career... I was looking into dental hygiene but now I'm getting more curious about this.

TechyNerd101 in Dayton, Ohio

Updated 27 months ago

Working for Kroger - 42 Replies

Is anyone currently working as a pharm tech at Kroger? I have an initial interview on Monday. ( I learned from a friend that Kroger has you take a...

Meg in Denison, Iowa

Which book is the best one for self-study of Pharmacy Technician in California?

Hello there, I am thinking about self-studying at home and then taking the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam later, but right now i have no...

lin013190 in Chino, California

CVS Vs. Walgreen Pharmacy Technician - Need Advice Fast!

Hi, So the past month I've been dropping off my resumes at both CVS and Walgreens. I got interviewed at CVS a little over 2 weeks ago and they...

Jamie in Poteau, Oklahoma

Recertifying? Continued Education...

What is this? and where do I find them? I googled it and I got several articles. It's all very confusing to me. I'm about to start classes and...

La in Modesto, California

Updated 27 months ago

Math help... - 1 Reply

I need help with vet math. Can anyone help or refer, direct or answer my question? I need steps shown. I need to know the formula. order: 1000 ml...

Coram

Does anyone work for Coram as a pharmacy tech?

malick mboumoh in Miami, Florida

Updated 28 months ago

What is the right way for a pharmacy technician to become Licensed Pharmacist? - 2 Replies

just wondering how can I become a pharmacist?. right now I am a certified pharmacy technician who want to be pharmacist so bad. Because I like the...

Joe B in New Baltimore, Michigan

Updated 28 months ago

need vaccinations in hospital and retail? - 2 Replies

Sorry, I'm new here and this post showed up on some unrelated thread. I found how to start a new one. Do all pharmacy tech's working in a HOSPITAL...

Jacob Katz in Salt Lake City, Utah

Pharmacy Technician interview tomorrow at walmart, any advice? is it a bad place to work?

I just got licensed and I got a job with kroger, but today i got a call from walmart. Which would be better?

Sharp San Diego

Has anyone ever worked for Sharp as a Pharmacy Tech? Does anyone know where I can find info about their starting salaries?

Mercy Hill in Las Vegas, Nevada

pharmacy technician assessment

I am in the second step of a hiring process for a pharmacy tech position at a nursing home facility. The second step requires me to take a pharmacy...

pharmacistmk in Saint Paul, Minnesota

Pharmacy technician books for sale

I have had "Complete study material"for pharmacy technician certification exam including 1)Complete Review for the Pharmacy Technician,2nd...

Steph in Temple City, California

Updated 28 months ago

I self-studied and passed!- want to sell my books... - 41 Replies

Hey all, I took the PTCE last month and passed. To my surprise actually. While taking the test... I was pretty sure I was going to fail but I passed!...

amy mal in Long Beach, California

Updated 28 months ago

Pharmacy Math Question - 1 Reply

I am at a loss for the formula method to calculate this question; The volume in ml, of cherry syrup needed to dilute 100 ml of Phenobarbital 20 mg/5...

xkathybx in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Updated 28 months ago

How to answer these interview questions? - 1 Reply

My interviewer said I lacked experience, which is why they didn't hire me. The first interview I passed. The 2nd interview was going to be with...

LASHAUNTURNER in Fairfield, California

Updated 29 months ago

pharm techkaiser test - 15 Replies

what do they usually ask in the test? and does kaiser pay trainees?

Ginalynn in Lawrenceville, Georgia

Best company to work for? Retail?

I am applying for a ton of different pharmacy tech jobs and I really want to work in a hospital, but they require a lot of experience. I have a...

hanson in Sioux City, Iowa

tech pay in sioux city iowa

trying to find out what tech are making in sioux city iowa and if their place of employment has a maximum pay .....

Inpatient Pharm Tech Salary

I'm new to the San Diego area and wanted to know if someone could give me an idea about salaries. I'm a certified pharmacy tech with 8+ years of...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.