Pharmacy Technician Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (793) - Start a Discussion

davood in Tehran, Iran, Islamic Republic of

Updated 27 months ago

Pharmacy Technician Test Dates - 2 Replies

I cannot find the available test dates for the technician test, can you choose to any date to take the test after signing up for the application? I...

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

Updated 27 months ago

Any good paying jobs left for veterans? - 3 Replies

I know everyone is struggling in this economy. If anyone has any legitimate leads on jobs for veterans, please, let me know. I'm in the same boat as...

babs in Palo Alto, California

Updated 27 months ago

How good is Mission College's Pharmacy Technician program in Santa Clara, California? - 2 Replies

Anybody know anything about this program? anybody

bby12 in Dallas, Texas

I've decided to bite the bullet. Advice?

I applied to Walgreens to become a Pharmacy Technician. I was wondering what were the hours? What is it like? I'm only becoming a Pharmacy Tech,...

Minh in Oakland, California

Updated 27 months ago

Feedback on school.. - 1 Reply

Has anyone by any chance completed the program at Contra Costa Medical Career College in Antioch, California? Opinions?

eunice in Torrance, California

undergraduate college student taking PTCB?

hello, I'm currently an undergraduate college student and I've recently found out about PTCB Exam. I'm leaning towards going to Pharm school but I...

achlys in Baltimore, Maryland

Success on the PTCB exam

Um....I see a lot of people here saying its easy but all of yu seem like older fol,I'm 17 and I completed a program(someone told me it took them...

Crissie in Huntsville, Alabama

Updated 28 months ago

RX Calculation Problem - 3 Replies

Need help with a pharm tech school tapered dose RX ..... Can someone please help me resolve this? A doctor's RX reads Prednisone 10mg tablets #...

ebnguyen1986 in Sugar Land, Texas

Becoming a Pharm Tech, School or just take the test?

So I've been interested in becoming a pharmacy tech and just doing a little research on what to do next. Should I just take the test or take a 9...

Dooped by a Scam in Cincinnati, Ohio

Updated 28 months ago

Mometrix Media Flash Card Secrets - 10 Replies

Did anyone use these for studying for the PTCE? I'm worried that the flash cards I made aren't really sufficient. The Mometrix flash cards are a bit...

Marz in Indianapolis, Indiana

Updated 28 months ago

Certification vs. License - 2 Replies

Ok I guess Im just confused or really stupid but I cant figure this out. I though if you passed the National Pharmacy Tech test that you were...

Leanne in Appleton, Wisconsin

Updated 28 months ago

"Rethink the Pharmacy Technican Career Path" - 51 Replies

This post is to take a serious look at the field of a pharmacy technician. High Stress/Low Pay = not worth it This field is not worth it: 1....

dmdunno in Manassas, Virginia

Do I need to remember the adverse affects of all drugs for PTCB?

Hi everyone, I'm studying for the PTCB exam, and I have no idea how to learn all the information about each drug(200). I have tried a couple of...

Timothy Skowronek in Indianapolis, Indiana

DoseEdge

Our hospital has been using DoseEdge for our Chemotheray Clinic, soon to expand to the main pharmacy. Just curious...anyone else using this system?

Timothy S. in Indianapolis, Indiana

NPTA Certification Classes

Has anyone ever taken the IV or Chemo Certification Classes offered thriugh NPTA? If so, what did you think? Was it worth the money, in your opinion?

john in San Jose, California

PTCB EXAM

Hello All I am going to take the PTCB exam next month, what book or study do you recommended me to study for my PTCB exam? Thank a lot !!!

dexterfan in Hemet, California

Updated 29 months ago

Pharmacy technician externship - 19 Replies

I have interview recently at walgreens for my externship. The guy who interview me said that after my extern. they will send me to the other...

MarcelinoB in San Diego

Updated 29 months ago

How do I become a pharmacy technician? - 1 Reply

Hi guys, I want to get a job as a pharmacy technician but I am confused on how to achieve that. I've heard from several people that you need a...

Caliyah Tran in Dallas, Texas

Updated 29 months ago

Starting a Pharmacy Tech. program in the summer, only takes a month. Any suggestions as to what to expect? Is it worth going for - 1 Reply

Please help with suggestions!

Bjv in Granada Hills, California

Updated 29 months ago

West Valley Occupational Center - 1 Reply

Has anyone taken the Pharmacy Technician Program a the West Valey Occupational Center in the San Fernando Valley? It is 19 weeks long, M-F 8am to...

debby12 in Brighton, United Kingdom

Relocating

I am a uk registered pharmacy technician qualification is a btec in pharamaceutical sciences. I have experience in aseptics, and have worked in...

Jen Buggy in Albany, Georgia

Pharmacy Technician Registration

For the Fingerprint Background check, if you have a misdemeanor from 5 years ago, first time offender f theft by deception, would that prevent you...

Collection88 in Rockville, Maryland

Rite Aid - Pharmacy Technician - Pay Roll

I just started working as a pharmacy technician at Rite Aid. I was scheduled to work 7 hours and had three shifts during a two weeks of the pay...

Mindy in Alamo, California

CVS training

What can I expect of the CVS web based/coached training program for newly hired pharmacy techs? Is the computer system difficult to learn?

NPTA in Houston, Texas

Updated 29 months ago

Pharmacy Tech student looking for CpHT for mock interview. - 1 Reply

Hello. I'm Mark and I have an assignment for my class to interview a certified Pharmacy tech. I could go around town asking techs but I really don't...

Julia in Darien, Illinois

Updated 29 months ago

Certified Pharmacy Tech in Illinois - 1 Reply

Hi guys, I would like to know if it is necessary to attend school in order to get certified? Here the application (#3) "Proof of graduation...

Bloomers in Saint Louis, Missouri

Updated 29 months ago

Jobless for 1 year, on food stamps, help w/ cover letter - 7 Replies

I want to get a job as a pharmacy technician. I genuinely need help with my cover letter. My college teachers have helped me but I still believe the...

tripplesix in Washington, District of Columbia

Updated 30 months ago

How can I get myself fired from my pharmacy tech job without breaking any laws or stealing? - 7 Replies

I really hate my job I don't have have the courage to quit so I am planning on getting fired. If I get fired I will be able to collect unemployment...

yoj in Makati, Philippines

Apply for a Pharmacy Technician

I am a Registered Pharmacist, im working in a Private Hospital for 8 yrs. now and up to present, I want to apply as a Pharmacy Technician in any...

Hamiltonkc in Barnegat, New Jersey

Job ideas for new graduate (biology) with pharm tech exp?

I am about to graduate college in a couple weeks with a B.S, in biology. I have 4 years of pharmacy technician experience. I am about to take the...

Lola390 in Paterson, New Jersey

eXcpt test

I am really nervous about this test,how difficult is it? I took the PTCB but failed,math is not my strongest subject.

Noir in Chula Vista, California

Updated 30 months ago

Intelliflow/DoseEdge - 4 Replies

Does anyone out there work at a hospital that uses Intelliflow rx/DoseEdge in their IV rooms?

Amy M in Columbus, Georgia

I understand pay is low.. want to know about job openings

I understand that pay is low. For right now that is ok. I plan to pursue further training in college in another field. What I want to know is if I...

jstevenson94421 in columbus, Georgia

Updated 30 months ago

Starting out... - 145 Replies

How did you get your start doing pharmacy technician work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position? Do you need a...

sad in Kingston, Pennsylvania

Updated 30 months ago

Hours being Cut, skimping on supplies Etc..Rite Aid is a Sinking boat - 2 Replies

I didn't believe the hype when I first started chatting on this site. But as of July 01, 2010, I have went from 35 hours a week to 20 hours a week!!...

andrew in Anaheim, California

Updated 30 months ago

Passed the PTCB test, now what? - 6 Replies

Hey guys, So I just passed the PTCB exam last week. All I got is a printout that said 'pass' and that my official results would be available...

lavera in Stockton-on-tees, United Kingdom

Please can anyone help with this question

Calculate the quantity of each ingredient to dispense the following script. Salicylic and Sulphur ointment BP Salicylic Acid powder ...

me in Fort Wayne, Indiana

Updated 30 months ago

How to build the courage to leave my awful technician position - 2 Replies

I started working as a technician 3 months ago and its been bad from day one. The lead technician who was assigned to train me has treated me like...

Julia in Darien, Illinois

Renewal of pharmacy technician License in the state of Illinois

How to renew pharmacy technician license in the state of Illinois. My license is going to expire on 31 March 2012. My license is still valid ,...

Tori in Sonoma, California

canceling my tech license?

I was wondering if I canceled my tech license, would I be able to renew later?

My name is ROOKIE PHARM.TECH

Updated 31 months ago

How to PROPERLY quit my pharmacy technician job? - 1 Reply

I am a pharmacy technician I work in a small pharmacy inside a hospital (retail pharmacy) about 120 scripts a day on average...We only have 2...

LuLu in Sicklerville, New Jersey

Updated 31 months ago

Any Insight on Interviewing at Walgreens? - 3 Replies

Wondering if anyone works at Walgreens pharmacy or ever interviewed with them? It seems every place has it's own way of interviewing so I was...

Dave in Hialeah, Florida

Question about renewing Registered Pharmacy Technician license

I have already completed my CE (Continuing Education) for my PTCB renewal license, but I am not quite sure on how to go about renewing my state...

Tiffany in Seoul, Korea, Republic of

Updated 31 months ago

Started Pharmacy Tech (foreign student) - 21 Replies

Hi everyone my name is Jimmy, Im 20 and foreign student, I just waste almost 2 years at CCSF try to get AA degree...until I find this new college...

gayleknapp in Oakland, California

Updated 31 months ago

PLEASE HELP!!! CA JOB CORP post math and english test ?! - 1 Reply

i am already accepted into sac. job corp, i have a start date and have been on a waiting list for like 4 monthes to finally begin and i start on june...

zeelani in Washington, District of Columbia

WHY IS NO ONE ANSWERING? IS RITE AID A GOOD PLACE TO START OUT AS A PHARMACY TECHNICIAN?

I have never worked as a pharmacy technician, was wondering if rite aid is a good place to start?

Amanda in Lake Jackson, Texas

Career change from LVN to pharmacy tech?

I have an LVN license, though I have not worked in many years. My experience includes hospital pediatrics and an allergy/asthma clinic. After being...

MathewA in Torrance, California

Do The Major Chain Pharmacies Have Insurance Benefits?

Just curious if pharmacy technicians at all the major chain pharmacies located in California have health insurance benefits with their job. Does it...

zeelani in Washington, District of Columbia

Updated 31 months ago

Pharm Tech in Maryland? - 1 Reply

Do I need to be certified(registered) to work as a pharm tech in maryland? I overheard places like cvs and rite aid provide on-the-job training. Are...

raja in Gilbert, Arizona

Updated 31 months ago

PTCB exam - 7 Replies

Hello, I have no experience at all in pharmacy but I am thinking about getting my certification to be a Pharmacy Technician. There are so many books...

Page: « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.