Best places to work for?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 212)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

robwatter

55 months ago

I have been with CVS for 5 years and 2 of those 5 years I have been a licensed Tech. I haven't been able to work in the Pharmacy and was told by the DM that I have no future in the Company to move on.

CVS uses and abuses it employees. Your right its about conqueroring the world and not giving a crap about its employees. I so done with CVS but right now I am stuck right were I am till I can get another Tech job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

AVOID CVS at all costs!!! in Spring Hope, North Carolina

54 months ago

Been with CVS for 10 years. Used to have decent pay raises, and while things were busy it never felt like you were working AGAINST Corporate instead of WITH them to be able to take care of customers. But it sure feels like that now, with all the new "initiatives" they throw down on us on a weekly basis with no extra hours. In fact, they're CUTTING hours now. And then there's the 2% capped raises, if that.

I heard that some in management didn't get raises at all - maybe THAT'S why they send out always-threatening, and sometimes downright rude emails on a regular basis. They were actually furious recently when they couldn't find enough people to abandon their families in the middle of a BLIZZARD to STAY IN THE STORES to keep them running in the middle of said blizzard!

It's unmitigated greed like this, with ZERO regard for employees, that makes me wonder why I'm not a Communist sometimes.

It could just be that my DM is an @$$hole, but no matter how great your coworkers, management, and field management are - Corporate gives you more than you can possibly do in the meager hours they provide, and pays you peanuts to do it. Or you CAN get all their "busywork" done, but expect to have some ticked-off customers because if you do the busywork, you are NOT going to have enough time to do an even mediocre job of seeing to their needs!

Are you getting the picture yet, people? YOU LOSE NO MATTER WHAT! Apparently having so many Loss Prevention rules in place that pretty well anyone could be fired on the spot for something wasn't enough for them.

To sum up CVS in three words, I think one Admiral Ackbar said it best: "IT'S A TRAP!"

I was young and dumb and fell into the trap. I hope to escape with my health and sanity intact one day, but my odds are getting slimmer each passing day. I just want to warn as many others away as I can!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

J. in Skokie, Illinois

54 months ago

I just quit CVS. 6 years working there and I get a 20 cent raise! Also I can't move up in the company and they keep hiring managers who have now respect for there employees. I was treated very badly. Customers loved me there and would come in when I was there because other employees (not all but most don't know the word RESPECT)! Corporate also no help when you have a problem. My parents are glad I don't work a crapy company.I have other job interviews and know I can work somewhere better and my skills can make me more money and move up in a company. CVS don't work there ever again!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

robwatter in Rancho Cucamonga, California

54 months ago

It so good to read that someone else is going through what I am going through. My DM told me to my face that I don't have a future in CVS to move on. I have been with CVS for almost 5 years and given up semisters of medical school for that company, why so I can get the shaft when ever they feel like. I am the only pharm tech I know that finish pharmacy school with a 9 year degree and can't get a break in the pharmacy. I get no raises no do I get any kind of promotion what so ever. CVS puts out that they respect those who workes for them that's a bunch of crap oh don't forget that crappy Christmas card we got from Tom Ryan. I don't need a crappy card I need my raise and better working conditions. CVS needs to stop buying out the competition and start paying those who are the backbone of the company. As soon as I can I want out of CVS its the devil and we are used and abused.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

saynotocvs in Michigan City, Indiana

54 months ago

I left my position as a pharmacy tech. a year ago and it was the best decision I ever made! Every negative comment nade on this page I can relate too, especially the violation of hippa laws, no respect for techs,unless you are sleeping with or kissing the ass of the boss or DM.I was cussed at,had keys to the safe etc...thrown at me, was ignored when I had a concern or question by my boss (head pharmacist). I would love to list his name here, but am afraid I'd be sued!He made sexual remarks to all of the "younger" girls (25 & under, he was in his 60's)while they would all giggle and stroke his ego (and I'm certain more than that ) because they new he would treat them with favoritism when they neede time off etc...I witnessed prescriptions filled incorrectly or given to the wrong customer.C2's were found missing, and it was swept under the rug, even though the boss was told of the employee who was seen doing the taking (she was one of his favorites also). I could go on and on....all it boils down to is this, CVS pharmacy was THE WORST JOB I'VE EVER HAD! DON'T WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! BOYCOTT THEIR STORES!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

saynotocvs in Michigan City, Indiana

54 months ago

Maddi in Johnson City, Tennessee said: I am taking the certification test on December 13th. I was just wondering where the best places to work at are? I work at walgreens as of now(not in the pharmacy dept yet) and have been offered a job at cvs. Just wondering the pros and cons of working at each place. Thanks

Stay with Walgreens or another drug store but DO NOT, I REPEAT, NOT WORK FOR CVS IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR SANITY AND YOUR DIGNITY!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

DHEM in West Hartford, Connecticut

54 months ago

Hi

I am requesting ANY PHARMACY OR HOSPITAL OR RECRUITER to help me secure a Pharmacist position anywhere in the USA please. I am currently licensed in the USA but not a USA citizen so require sponsorship. I have great skills and many years of management experience

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

brain1 in Des plaines, Illinois

53 months ago

CVS CAN'T DO THIS TO AMERICA. NOT ON OUR LAND. ON FEBUARY 15th 2010. CALL TOM RYAN, YOUR DISTRICT MANAGER AND PROTEST IF WE THE EMPLOYEES NEED TO THE DAY WE IN THE COMPANY (IN THE STORES) STRIKE AND FIGHT THIS COMAPNY FOR WHAT IT DOES FOR THE EMPLOYEES AND THE AMERICAN WORKER! MUCH BETTER WAGES, MORE RESPECT FOR THE EMPLOYYES NOW!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LOVELIFE09 in Rhode Island

53 months ago

brain1 in Des plaines, Illinois said: CVS CAN'T DO THIS TO AMERICA. NOT ON OUR LAND. ON FEBUARY 15th 2010. CALL TOM RYAN, YOUR DISTRICT MANAGER AND PROTEST IF WE THE EMPLOYEES NEED TO THE DAY WE IN THE COMPANY (IN THE STORES) STRIKE AND FIGHT THIS COMAPNY FOR WHAT IT DOES FOR THE EMPLOYEES AND THE AMERICAN WORKER! MUCH BETTER WAGES, MORE RESPECT FOR THE EMPLOYYES NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Wishful Thinking ! Please read all the previous comments from yours ! It all starts with Mr Ryan who couldn't care less about the workers that care about what they do and are proud of doing a good job ! Ask anyone , also myself , who ever went to Human Resources to lodge a complaint ! You will either end up knowing you have to shut up and stop complaining or they will give you so many days to find another job within the company !!!That NEVER HAPPENS !! SO YOU END UP OUT THE DOOR !

Like I've said before , anyone can go to Woonsocket, R.I. and ask about CVS and how they treat their employees ...... it is no secret ! So many people in the area have been mistreated , how can it not be known in the community , just through word of mouth ???

I commend you for not wanting this crap to happen in our beloved nation ! Yet it does , every day , at CVS ! I know hundreds of people at the corporate office, that are good and hard working yet never appreciated ..... many don't want to be there , but have no choice ! It's a sad situation ! My Best to You !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Robwatter

53 months ago

I have gone to HR about how the management treated us. I have been discriminated by my former store manager. I have been punished numerious time. I had to get a doctor's note to stop cleaning out disgusting bathrooms in my store. The gift I got for that Doctor's note was 6 months straight on the register all my aisle taken away. Removal from the Pharmacy. The mat behind the register make out legs feel like lead after 2 hours being on it. Seen the shown undercover boss on channel 2 I would love to see Tom Ryan get his lazy butt off the golf course and do some real work.

LOVELIFE09 in Rhode Island

53 months ago

Robwatter said: I have gone to HR about how the management treated us. I have been discriminated by my former store manager. I have been punished numerious time. I had to get a doctor's note to stop cleaning out disgusting bathrooms in my store. The gift I got for that Doctor's note was 6 months straight on the register all my aisle taken away. Removal from the Pharmacy. The mat behind the register make out legs feel like lead after 2 hours being on it. Seen the shown undercover boss on channel 2 I would love to see Tom Ryan get his lazy butt off the golf course and do some real work.

I am so sorry for what you've experienced ! Like I said in my previous post , Human Resources at CVS is useless ! If you ever go to HR to lodge a complaint against someone in CVS management you will in not so many words , be told to shut up and/or you will be out the door ! Oh my God , I know the greatest people that still work there cause they need a job and are totally , totally miserable ! In the long run , if we believe in Karma , CVS Corp will EVENTUALLY HIT A " BRICK WALL " ! Good Luck To You !

Robwatter

53 months ago

I am one of those people right now who needs their job. I am stuck in CVS until I get another Pharm Tech job or someone else buy us out. CVS makes policies without knowing what going on. I wish that LP would stop making stupid rules base solely on firing employees that are stupid. Mr. Ryan needs to get in touch with those who work in the store level and get off the golf course.

CPHT in Palenville, New York

53 months ago

inyourface in Decatur, Georgia said: never work for CVS especially in the Pharmacy!! They dont let you take your lunches or breaks.

Most of the Pharmacist may be book smart but have NO Common sense!!!!

You break the law everyday!!!! Violate Hipaa rules!!!

If the customers only knew how you discuss their information with other employees,,,,should I say more!!!

This is so true!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CPHT in Palenville, New York

53 months ago

saynotocvs in Michigan City, Indiana said: I left my position as a pharmacy tech. a year ago and it was the best decision I ever made! Every negative comment nade on this page I can relate too, especially the violation of hippa laws, no respect for techs,unless you are sleeping with or kissing the ass of the boss or DM.I was cussed at,had keys to the safe etc...thrown at me, was ignored when I had a concern or question by my boss (head pharmacist). I would love to list his name here, but am afraid I'd be sued!He made sexual remarks to all of the "younger" girls (25 & under, he was in his 60's)while they would all giggle and stroke his ego (and I'm certain more than that ) because they new he would treat them with favoritism when they neede time off etc...I witnessed prescriptions filled incorrectly or given to the wrong customer.C2's were found missing, and it was swept under the rug, even though the boss was told of the employee who was seen doing the taking (she was one of his favorites also). I could go on and on....all it boils down to is this, CVS pharmacy was THE WORST JOB I'VE EVER HAD! DON'T WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! BOYCOTT THEIR STORES!

Are you sure you dont live in NY? Your describing my current boss at Cvs to a T!! It would be nice to chat with someone on here who has been through similiar experiences as I have at CVS..only difference is i havent left yet..but i'm definitly at my wits end!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Robwatter in Upland, California

53 months ago

I hear it all the time. I hear tech yelling across the room about pt information. What they are on and so on. I even heard them yelling about my scripts across the pharmacy so I got them out and took them to a store I don't work at. Something are better not know if you know that I mean. When I work in the pharmacy I walk over to the lead or the rph to get the information instead of yelling their business where everyone can hear.

I Can't wait till I can get out and work full-time as a tech and not once in a blue moon. Take the national soon and this will end hopefully. Thanks for this forum for an outlet for the frustration on what's going on at work. I hate that place and feel really trap there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

PJtunworth in Appleton, Wisconsin

53 months ago

Hey uh imma doin this thing for school. Its a career thing and i chose a pharmacist. And after reading all these comments idk if i want to be one. Lol mates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jsranchmn in rollog, Minnesota

53 months ago

saynotocvs in Michigan City, Indiana said: Stay with Walgreens or another drug store but DO NOT, I REPEAT, NOT WORK FOR CVS IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR SANITY AND YOUR DIGNITY!!!

Oh I don't know, they just outsourced all our Walgreen jobs to India.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tom C in Interlochen, Michigan

53 months ago

I currently have been a Pharmacy Tech for Walgreens for the past 8 months. They are a shiite operation. Staffing is kept to a minimum. Patients wait a long time for their prescriptions, most but not all Pharmacists have no sense of urgency. They cut winter hours without advising employees in Pharmacy. Some full time techs are getting 16 hrs per week. Walgreens does not care at all about their employees. Pharmacy techs in Northern Michigan make $10.00 an hr or less. Those are poverty wages for a stressful job in which a word of thanks or praise is never offered. All future Pharmacy Techs, get some experience at a Walgreens or CVS and then go to a large health facility or hospital where you will be paid a living wage. Walgreens is the WalMart of the Pharmacy industry, poverty wages and little to no chance of advancement. In short, basically a dead-end job that sucks the life out of most of its employees. Walgreens also considers 30 hours a week "full time":((

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

jkafigian in virginia beach, Virginia

53 months ago

ive worked for walgreens for maybe a month and a half now - and ive found that the employees and employers are very helpful about a lot of things. yes - it does get very stressful, but doesnt every job? i agree with you, though, once you get your experience down, it should be a good idea to try and get somewhere else. im grateful for my job but there is always somewhere higher to be!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

bmoss 1508 in Rocky Mount, North Carolina

53 months ago

bella in Manchester, New Hampshire said: I'm an immigrant. I was born in south america.I came to this country 18 years ago. I can not go to school because I did not know english at all, but I went to school and got my diploma, then I got my licese but the problem now with this rite aid pharmacy. they never trained me enough for this kind of job. they fired me becouse my english. the pharmacy was in charge told me I need to speak perfect english. my comment is why people go to school.They treat me like stuped person.

I work at the pharmacy at rite aid and two of my co workers you can barely understand what they are saying and they hardly speak perfect english. that bull why they fired you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

techinoc in Los Angeles, California

53 months ago

bmoss 1508 in Rocky Mount, North Carolina said: I work at the pharmacy at rite aid and two of my co workers you can barely understand what they are saying and they hardly speak perfect english. that bull why they fired you.

That is what Im expericening right now. One immigrant pharmacist who can barely speak English and I have had to deal with him yelling at me because I though he said something other than what he ment to say and he will blame me, after years of dealing with abuse from him, I'm ready to leave but I have to finish school first. I guess my point is, practice, take classes in English, do all that you can to speak better, but having worked with a lot of pharmacists who dont speak English well, they are paid well enough to take an English class instead of blaming others for not undertanding them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DOAM in Houston, Texas

53 months ago

techinoc in Los Angeles, California said: That is what Im expericening right now. One immigrant pharmacist who can barely speak English and I have had to deal with him yelling at me because I though he said something other than what he ment to say and he will blame me, after years of dealing with abuse from him, I'm ready to leave but I have to finish school first. I guess my point is, practice, take classes in English, do all that you can to speak better, but having worked with a lot of pharmacists who dont speak English well, they are paid well enough to take an English class instead of blaming others for not undertanding them.

yes indeed lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

queenvic in Las Vegas, Nevada

53 months ago

looking in Va. in Richmond, Virginia said: I was nationally certified in2004. I hold a current state license, am current on all of my continuing education. Every time I try to apply for a technician's job, they want at least a year of experience of on the job. After putting so much time, effort, and money in this I am pretty discouraged and am wondering if a major mistake was made even going for the certification.

You may have to start out as a pharmacy clerk or pharmacy assistant instead of as a technician in order to get your foot in the door.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

queenvic in Las Vegas, Nevada

53 months ago

saynotocvs in Michigan City, Indiana said: I left my position as a pharmacy tech. a year ago and it was the best decision I ever made! Every negative comment nade on this page I can relate too, especially the violation of hippa laws, no respect for techs,unless you are sleeping with or kissing the ass of the boss or DM.I was cussed at,had keys to the safe etc...thrown at me, was ignored when I had a concern or question by my boss (head pharmacist). I would love to list his name here, but am afraid I'd be sued!He made sexual remarks to all of the "younger" girls (25 & under, he was in his 60's)while they would all giggle and stroke his ego (and I'm certain more than that ) because they new he would treat them with favoritism when they neede time off etc...I witnessed prescriptions filled incorrectly or given to the wrong customer.C2's were found missing, and it was swept under the rug, even though the boss was told of the employee who was seen doing the taking (she was one of his favorites also). I could go on and on....all it boils down to is this, CVS pharmacy was THE WORST JOB I'VE EVER HAD! DON'T WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! BOYCOTT THEIR STORES!

AGREED!!! It is not just CVS pharmacy - my one year anniversary of quitting is approaching me and I want to celebrate!! I understand all about the favoritism and the treating of techs as if they are dumb. I understand the giggling and stroking the ego of the "great boss". It was all sickening. The girls try to flirt and marry the pharmacists so they can be a part of the insiders club. It all is very disgusting and I was more than happy to resign.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Catherine Gajic in Las Vegas, Nevada

52 months ago

How does one get over the conundrum "Entry Level that requires 2 years of experience?"

I am beginning to get a little discouraged at my career of choice - I am on I believe every possible job search engine, have applied to every pharmacy (retail and clinical) and all it seems that I get in return are 200 junk emails a day from online colleges and overseas marketing phony job scams.
When an actual, reputable pharmacy technician job opens up, it seems that their idea of "entry level" is always accompanied by the phrase "2+ years of pharmacy experience and all certifications required"

I have even tried the old-school method of going into individual locations of pharmacies, resume in hand, but just get directed to a computer application database terminal to submit my application online.

Who can tell me how to get my foot in the door?

ohlinda in Buena Park, California

52 months ago

Ash in Cleveland, Ohio said: I am taking a specially goverment funded program to train as a Pharmacy Technician through CVS to get my certification. For those of you who have worked there, what did you like most about the job? And what do you completely hate about the job?

So far I've got nothing but bad reviews. I don't want to pass up the opportunity for free training but I'm a little apprehensive about going there if it's as bad as people say it is.

IT is worse than you can imagine,if you can take the training and get out ,do it.But don't expect a pat on the back for a job well done,it don't happen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

brown_dude_CPhT in Boston, Massachusetts

51 months ago

nikki26 in Memphis, Tennessee said: first you need to learn how to speak read what you wrote i mean your english is so broke down then your from wqhere im from do me a favor before you say anything else go take an english class and stop making memphis look dumb thanks just re-read

Well it’s too bad that this forum doesn’t allow you to edit your comments. Once you post your comments they are pretty much set in stone, unless the site’s administrator decides to delete the post. Even though my grammar and writing skills are not the best I usually try to run my comments, questions, concerns through Microsoft Word or Open Office before submission.

Sometimes you have to take into account that many people might not have access to a good word processing program which is rare because even though you might not have Microsoft Word. It’s easy to obtain Open Office at www.openoffice.org; it’s a 100% free word processing program for your PC. So my best advice is before you post your comments, questions, concerns, etc, write and run your text through a word processing program and use its spell checker feature to correct your spelling errors.

Then copy and paste your text into the forum’s comment box. In this fast paced world it’s hard to find perfect writers, however your comments will be more easily understandable when you use this method.

-Good Luck

fed up!!! in Beaumont, Texas

51 months ago

i have worked for CVS for years & i agree the pay sucks,if you wanna make any descent money its all about who you know in the company.They want Technician to work there butts off and they never show you any appreciation.If you have any self respect dont stick around as long as I did...They have used me for the last time...I am praying that god sends me a good job.Im a good person and dont deserve the treatment I have gotten from those people.They are heartless,thats why they have such a big turn over rate...STAY AWAY FROM CVS!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Toni joseph in Modesto, California

51 months ago

Ash in Cleveland, Ohio said: I am taking a specially goverment funded program to train as a Pharmacy Technician through CVS to get my certification. For those of you who have worked there, what did you like most about the job? And what do you completely hate about the job?

So far I've got nothing but bad reviews. I don't want to pass up the opportunity for free training but I'm a little apprehensive about going there if it's as bad as people say it is.

Really?? im so curious about that?? could you send me info how or where you got started to do that?? toni-joseph@sbcglobal.net thanks

Tammy in Spanish Fort, Alabama

51 months ago

fed up!!! in Beaumont, Texas said: i have worked for CVS for years & i agree the pay sucks,if you wanna make any descent money its all about who you know in the company.They want Technician to work there butts off and they never show you any appreciation.If you have any self respect dont stick around as long as I did...They have used me for the last time...I am praying that god sends me a good job.Im a good person and dont deserve the treatment I have gotten from those people.They are heartless,thats why they have such a big turn over rate...STAY AWAY FROM CVS!!!!!!!

Come and join our company and make extra money. we are a Free Discount Prescription Card Company and we need Techs. www.hrxcard.com

sugarndspice4242 in Kearny, New Jersey

51 months ago

i work at CVS now as Pharm Tech, and they suck. They cut your hours and im getting paid 9.50 when really i should be getting at least 12. the only good thing was that theytrained you and paid for your classes and certification. but if you go work for them as for at least 12 an hr cause raises suck as well

ms.eastmond in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania

51 months ago

i am interest in becoming a pahrmacy technican and i would like to know the average salary one can make and the benefits a pharmacy technican recieves like 401k plans. i also what to know what are some of the likes and dislikes of being a technican

mary in Wilton, Connecticut

51 months ago

Maddi in Johnson City, Tennessee said: I am taking the certification test on December 13th. I was just wondering where the best places to work at are? I work at walgreens as of now(not in the pharmacy dept yet) and have been offered a job at cvs. Just wondering the pros and cons of working at each place. Thanks

never work for cvs...they're evil...illegal...then blame you

alldone

49 months ago

Rymes oil, is no doubt the worst place to work in newhampshire. I worked there for three years and still cant believe how many people they have fired. Take my word on it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

burned76 in Hinesville, Georgia

49 months ago

BIRD25 in Mesquite, Texas said: HOW DID YOU GET FUNDED PROGRAM TO TRAIN AS A PHARMACY TECHNICIAN THROUGH CVS? I WENT TO A FEW WALGREENS BUT NO LUCK YET. IAM VERY INTERESTED IN BECOMING A PHARMACY TECH, ANY POINTERS

Sorry I hate to admit to my long time competitor Walgreens is no better!! Walgreens decided that pharmacies would be more efficient without those dependable, grunt working, smiling customer servers. Most stores will be cut of all technicians and the low ball part about it is rather than let us go and pay unemployment. we are so graciously given an option to be demoted stripped of our title, pay,hours and work whatever it is they may provide within our homestore, not allowed to transfer or float out to remaining stores that are holding on to whimsy hours. I would like to take a moment to thank our hard working scrubs ;) you did great, we will not go out in shame, only in glory of the many hard years and I know some have stuck it out for over 10. you deserve better, let this begin our new chapter!!

John in Las Vegas, Nevada

49 months ago

I have worked for CVS for 2 years and its definitely not what I was expecting. This is definitely a stressful job and I don't know about these other CVS in other states, but we are not allowed to take RX over the phone. This company places way too much pressure and gives too much work with a lack of help. Work for CVS if you don't have much in your life, but if you're trying to go to school and work for CVS... better think twice about that.

Butterfly in Arlington, Texas

49 months ago

Techman in Alpharetta, Georgia said: I just moved to a new location much better than my old one but they still don't allow us to take our 2 15 minute breaks... WTF is wrong with this company!!! I think techs need a union!!! Are you with me ;)

Make a union and i'll be the first to join.. What we need as techs, is that unity to be heard; I believe that all of us together, can be very powerful because we deserve to be hear, we've got to SPEAK UP. So please lets all form a union and may our voices be heard.

Robin in Upland, California

49 months ago

I think that there should be a union for Tech and Pharmacist. I think that if there was then we would be treated better. It ridicious how CVS gets away with the crap that they do. They treat us like crap and expects us to get everything done. This delight crap needs to go away. I am tired of the sexual comments I get for that stupid delight crap.

What sucks for me is that CVS doesn't care how many cert you have they can tell you no and not let you promote. I just got my pham D and is fully licensed but was told that I can't be a pharmacist why is what I want to know? I am looking around to find a new job.....

littlecat07

49 months ago

cvssucks in Decatur, Georgia said: CVS is the worst place to work!!! They will use and abuse you!!! You owe it to yourself to never work there.

I totally and whole-heartedly agree 110%!!!! I would NEVER in a million years recommend anyone to go to work for that company. It's all about the numbers. They say it's all about the customers but that's just a big lie.

Anonymous in Cleveland, Ohio

49 months ago

looking in Va. in Richmond, Virginia said: I was nationally certified in2004. I hold a current state license, am current on all of my continuing education. Every time I try to apply for a technician's job, they want at least a year of experience of on the job. After putting so much time, effort, and money in this I am pretty discouraged and am wondering if a major mistake was made even going for the certification.

Yes, getting your certification probably was a mistake, especially if you are applying for a retail job. I thought having my certification and a 2-year associate's degree would give me an advantage in finding a job. Instead, it took about three years after graduation (3 and a half years if you count the time from when I actually finished my studies) for me to get a job as a pharmacy technician. Plus I graduated at the top of my class.

I admit that I was selective--I wanted to work in a hospital because I thought the pay would be better. Yet I worked for one of the major hospital systems in this area for almost two years and never got a raise.

If you are seeking a retail position, my advice to you is to wait and see whether the company you are planning to work for offers the certification exam as an incentive. Some retail chains like Walgreens or CVS will pay for the certification exam if you work for them for a year. The exam costs at least $120. I know that when I was taking the exam, there was a form to fill out with the names of some retail chains that will pay for the test.

Try to see if you can work someplace as an unpaid intern, such as a free clinic, just to gain some experience. I had to do three unpaid internships in order to graduate. Two were at hospitals and the other was at Walgreens. I didn't like working retail but I had to do it to get my degree.

Looking back on it, I would have chosen a different career path if I could do it all over again. The pay for pharmacy techs is not very good and it is hard work.

Tech in Riverside,CA in Los Angeles, California

48 months ago

Robin in Upland, California said: I think that there should be a union for Tech and Pharmacist. I think that if there was then we would be treated better. It ridicious how CVS gets away with the crap that they do. They treat us like crap and expects us to get everything done. This delight crap needs to go away. I am tired of the sexual comments I get for that stupid delight crap.

What sucks for me is that CVS doesn't care how many cert you have they can tell you no and not let you promote. I just got my pham D and is fully licensed but was told that I can't be a pharmacist why is what I want to know? I am looking around to find a new job.....

If you find a new job, can I have yours? I will take ANY Pharmacy Tech. job at this point!

crystal in Arlington, Texas

48 months ago

mimi178 in Spokane, Washington said: Not true. You are entitled by the FEDERAL LAW to a 15 mins break or 30mins total for an 8hr day. There should be a flier that has the federal work laws posted in your break room that states everything.

you can have fliers posted everywhere but believe me that doesnt mean you are getting a break haha. I have worked for cvs, walmart, and now kroger. They all suck major A** and i hate going to work almost everyday. It has been a stepping stone for me and am grateful i have a job but, really it does suck. The standing on my feet for the whole 8 hours is probably my biggest issue with the job. I don't want to discourage anyone interested in this field because it does pay the bills. Just one girls opinion that's all.

crystal in Arlington, Texas

48 months ago

Tech in Riverside,CA in Los Angeles, California said: If you find a new job, can I have yours? I will take ANY Pharmacy Tech. job at this point!

Maybe you should try and get hired as a cashier or on the floor somewhere until a position is available in the pharmacy, that is how i started. I first worked for walmart on the sales floor in the pharmacy. Once I was certified the pharmacist already knew me and was more willing to give me a chance without the experience. I will admit she stuck me on the register for the first 6 months lol but, i slowly worked my way in. I have been tech for 4 yrs now and let me tell you i hate to say it but, not a great job at all. I have moved from walmart to cvs and know at Kroger thinking that it was just the ppl who made the job suck. Umm no the job sucks period. Standing on feet 8+ hours a day with one short 15 minute break if you get that, somedays too busy. I am thinking of going back to school to become a dental assistant because atleast with that career there is room for advancement. Don't have 7 yrs to become a pharmacist nor the determination it takes to get through the school either so those are really your only options for advancement in that career. If you do get a job as a tech don't try and work too hard it won't matter and everyone else is slow and lazy u should do the same it might keep you from burning out so quickly. I hope this helped and good luck finding a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lora in Columbus, Ohio

48 months ago

Speaking of spending 8 hours a day on your feet: I've been a pharmacy tech for 11 years and I'm getting a total knee replacement in about 8 weeks. I'll have 8 weeks medical leave for that, then not long after I go back to work, I'll have the other knee done and get another 8 weeks off. I might just quit after that. It's just not natural standing that long every day.

What everyone is saying really is true: being a pharmacy tech in retail really is a lousy job.

addie in Hollywood, Florida

48 months ago

It all depends on who is your DM at CVS. Some really don't care about their employees. They only care about themselves and their bonuses. This is why they cut payroll whenever they can and treat their employees as though they are not worth anything.

Simply Stating the Obvious in Sherrard, Illinois

48 months ago

nikki26 in Memphis, Tennessee said: first you need to learn how to speak read what you wrote i mean your english is so broke down then your from wqhere im from do me a favor before you say anything else go take an english class and stop making memphis look dumb thanks just re-read

Are you seriously going to critique another person on their writing or speaking capabilities? Perhaps you should "re-read" your own statements before posting them. I am under the impression that you are under-educated and somewhat illiterate yourself. You are simply attacking another person to be mean. Take a deeper look and find it within yourself to not throw stones and condemn another lest you first cast light upon yourself. Now you go take an english class and quit embarrassing yourself and Memphis!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kimbo in Ambler, Pennsylvania

48 months ago

yersa in Derry, New Hampshire said: I work in a hospital and I love it! It still has its down sides, and there are still pharmacists with god-complexed. I deliver drugs during surgeries. The anesthesiologists and scrub nurses are really appreciative and say "thank you" and sound like they mean it!
There have been a lot of techs coming in from CVS that say how much better it is at the hospital.

how did you get a job in a hospital? did you come from a retail pharmacy?

kimbo in Ambler, Pennsylvania

48 months ago

ms.eastmond in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania said: i am interest in becoming a pahrmacy technican and i would like to know the average salary one can make and the benefits a pharmacy technican recieves like 401k plans. i also what to know what are some of the likes and dislikes of being a technican

its hard to stay sane in the pharmacy(retail). you get jerked around by everyone. not as fun as i thought it would be. sorry.

PharmTechOK in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

48 months ago

crystal in Arlington, Texas said: you can have fliers posted everywhere but believe me that doesnt mean you are getting a break haha. I have worked for cvs, walmart, and now kroger. They all suck major A** and i hate going to work almost everyday. It has been a stepping stone for me and am grateful i have a job but, really it does suck. The standing on my feet for the whole 8 hours is probably my biggest issue with the job. I don't want to discourage anyone interested in this field because it does pay the bills. Just one girls opinion that's all.

Hey Crystal... Would you be willing to try something where you sit at a desk and help other pharmacies with insurance and computer system questions? It generally pays more than a tech salary. Let me know and I'll give you some info. My company is actively looking for pharmacy techs in a support role.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

annoyed in Bayville, New Jersey

48 months ago

I worked at walgreens for over a year and half... and it was fine. I got promoted from the floor to the pharmacy as a tech. BUT first off...management sucks, and if your not a brown noser not only to the store manager but the pharmacy manager as well, say forget about it then to working there. Walgreens is corporate nightmare america.......they treat their employees like dog crap, and dont listen to them. I got fired for something so stupid and piddly...... but yet a professional pharmacist kept his job, even though he left a bottle of OXYCONTIN tablets on the table and some customer stole them and walked away. How did he get to keep his job and i got fired?????? Once again...corporate america sucks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.