Comments (101 to 150 of 219)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Shhhhhh in Boyertown, Pennsylvania

57 months ago

fear not...unions coming to a CVS near you....sooner than you think *wink*

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

vipr_21 in Irving, Texas

56 months ago

mimi178 in Spokane, Washington said: Not true. You are entitled by the FEDERAL LAW to a 15 mins break or 30mins total for an 8hr day. There should be a flier that has the federal work laws posted in your break room that states everything.

i worked for cvs for 2 years and I rarely got to have breaks due to the shear volume of customers. However i refused to give up my lunch.

CRICKET

56 months ago

IF YOU WORK 8 HOURS OR MORE YOU ARE REQUIRED BY LAW TO A HALF HOUR BREAK WHICH THEY TAKE OUT FOR AND ALSO 2 15 MINUTE BREAKS A DAY WHICH THEY CANNOT TAKE OUT FOR. I WORKED FOR CVS FOR OVER 4 YEARS AND YOU WERE LUCKY TO GET A 1/2 HOUR BREAK AND YOU NEVER MENTIONED THE 2 15 MINUTE BREAK YOU ARE ENTITLED TO. THAT WAS LIKE DIRTY WORD TO THEM. I JUST NOTIFIED THE LABOR DEPT ABOUT THIS!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lnghrnsftbal in Keller, Texas

56 months ago

mimi178 in Spokane, Washington said: Not true. You are entitled by the FEDERAL LAW to a 15 mins break or 30mins total for an 8hr day. There should be a flier that has the federal work laws posted in your break room that states everything.

That doesnt mean anything. Alot of places break "FEDERAL LAW" by not giving emplyees proper breaks and nothing is done about it because no one ever checks up on stuff like that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tim Skowronek in Indianapolis, Indiana

56 months ago

CRICKET said: IF YOU WORK 8 HOURS OR MORE YOU ARE REQUIRED BY LAW TO A HALF HOUR BREAK WHICH THEY TAKE OUT FOR AND ALSO 2 15 MINUTE BREAKS A DAY WHICH THEY CANNOT TAKE OUT FOR. I WORKED FOR CVS FOR OVER 4 YEARS AND YOU WERE LUCKY TO GET A 1/2 HOUR BREAK AND YOU NEVER MENTIONED THE 2 15 MINUTE BREAK YOU ARE ENTITLED TO. THAT WAS LIKE DIRTY WORD TO THEM. I JUST NOTIFIED THE LABOR DEPT ABOUT THIS!!!!!!

It took you 4 years to report them!!?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

sophie in Charlotte, North Carolina

55 months ago

rachellynnmartin in Asheville, North Carolina said: Maddi you live a lil closer to me have you tried somewhere like ABCCM, PSC Med Supply or WNCCHS? Blueridgerx would be good too, these are all private, medicaid funded, or LTC pharmacies with quality pharmacists on staff.

Just wanted u to know that PSC will no longer exist in 2 weeks. I can give u more info than u ever want to know on them, worked there almost since it opened. I made VERY well but when u fraud medicaid and PAP thats what u get. Their time has been a long time coming and it has finally caught up with the, Just google Rudy Rutter, Rick McKinney, Mark Fitte and Penny Bates and you'll find a lot!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jake in Fairfax, Virginia

55 months ago

I am currently working for RITE AID. I can say that everything that was said about CVS also applies to RITE AID. I hate my job because the lack of help we get. When customer are upset the tech's have to try to solve the problem because the pharmacists just dont care enough to help. Our PDM has come to help when we are completely crazy and he sees that we need more help but wont do any thing. RITE AID sucks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kathryn in Columbus, Ohio

55 months ago

From what I've experienced (and read here over the months), I don't think the conditions are good for retail pharmacy techs anywhere. I would advise against anyone considering the job, and if you're currently working as a tech, get out. It took me 10 years, but I finally got so burnt out that I just quit.

lsloehrer in Sacramento, California

55 months ago

Seat4c in Stuttgart, Germany said: Is Walgreens any better ? I believe they are now the largest Pharmacy chain in the US ?

I have worked for Walgrees for 20+ years and I am although there have been many cutbacks, that I may not agree with, I do have to say they have a great profit sharing program, and the pay is better than any other retail chain. If it is the hourly rate your looking for, Hospital Pharmacies pay the best. Walgreens has always taken care of me during times of need. Walgreens is one of the largest chains and you will not have to worry about the company going under to due economic hardship.

mynameisthis in Logan, Ohio

55 months ago

I don't understand how any single person replying on this thread is a pharmacy tech, you all use caps lock and spam like assssssholes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Britwit in Weston-super-mare, United Kingdom

54 months ago

It is really disturbing to read about how bad it is to work at CVS! You poor guys! I work in the UK as a pharmacist but my partner is American and we plan to move to America in a few years when his job in the UK comes to an end. I will remember when I am looking for work to try and avoid CVS!
Here in the UK we have had the same problems with not been allowed breaks but this was more of an issue for pharmacists and all other staff would always get their breaks - even if they didn't want to take them I would always insist that it's important to take a mental break - especially when dealing with people's medication - you do not want to be making mistakes. I know how you all feel and it really is crap.
A few years a go a pharmacist made a dispensing error and the patient died. Normally these cases are dealt with by our professional bodies but this time the pharmacist in question was tried in a criminal court of law and received a suspended prison sentence. One aspect of her defence involved the fact that the pharmacy she had been working in had a culture of not allowing pharmacists any rest breaks at all during a 12 hour shift. Anyway the pharmacy company was heavily criticized over the whole lack of lunch break and soon all pharmacies were in the spot light. Now all of a sudden all pharmacists are required to take a 20 min break every 6 hours. Finally! But what a shame it took a tragic incident like this for it to happen - does someone have to die first before the appalling conditions we all work in are scrutinized and a spot light held up for all to see the dangerous conditions we are forced to work in (dangerous to the public that is and to our health too!)
In the last year someone finally set up a union for pharmacists and techs and I take much joy in reading their monthly magazines on all the cases they have taken on for aggrieved pharmacists and won! It sounds like this is what you really need: a union with experienced staff and lawyers who defend you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marissia in Dallas, Texas

54 months ago

I just finished my intern at Walgreens(worst PLACE to work) It might have been the manager she was mean,overworked me,didn't give me breaks...it wouldn't have killed her to say Thank you at the end of the day( I wish we had a union)and plus they talk about people all the time...I wouldn't work there ever!!!

Jackie Boo in Queen Creek, Arizona

53 months ago

bella in Manchester, New Hampshire said: I'm an immigrant. I was born in south america.I came to this country 18 years ago. I can not go to school because I did not know english at all, but I went to school and got my diploma, then I got my licese but the problem now with this rite aid pharmacy. they never trained me enough for this kind of job. they fired me becouse my english. the pharmacy was in charge told me I need to speak perfect english. my comment is why people go to school.They treat me like stuped person.

You can't spell ,and yet you claim to be a college grad? If you came to this country 18 years ago why don't you speak clearer english and why can't you spell simple english words? .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

xoxo in Nottingham, Maryland

53 months ago

that Indian pharmacy tech at the wal mart pharmacy in MD off route 40 needs TO GO! he screwed up my prescriptions all the time, he cant count and he claims he was originally a pharmacist in India how does that add up?
I would recommend that applicants GO TO THE PHARMACY and ASK ABOUT THE STAFF THERE before you take the position.
I'm a costumer but I used to work in a pharmacy too so I know what its like.
I had my prescriptions transferred out of walmart pharmacy. I had 3 prescriptions filled there and that technician lied to me about billing my insurance and he miscounted my prescriptions and even gave me opened original stock bottles with broken seals. Each time I complained to the pharmacist and other technicians and it took them an hour to give me the correct medication. They even said that he needs to go. I complained to the pharmacy manager each time and I am SHOCKED and PISSED OFF to see that worthless, neglectful man still working there. he cant even speak proper english. where the fccck is you management walmart?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

amarie in Bakersfield, California

53 months ago

Wow, your super upset.I get the frustation but you claim to have worked in the pharmacy setting before so you should understand the stressful dynamic.It sounds more like the tech needs to pass the test to become a pharmacist in his current state.I am not sure what the laws are in the state that your in but the tech is as much to blame as the supervising pharmacist.I personally don't get the problem with manufacturer bottles.Bottles are bottles, reduce reuse.Time and personal service is always the issue with the larger chains. You should definately check out your locally owned pharmacy they are not always cheapier but they are almost always willing to negotiate the cost and will make up with the personal and timely service.

judith in Hialeah, Florida

53 months ago

Ash in Cleveland, Ohio said: I am taking a specially goverment funded program to train as a Pharmacy Technician through CVS to get my certification. For those of you who have worked there, what did you like most about the job? And what do you completely hate about the job?

So far I've got nothing but bad reviews. I don't want to pass up the opportunity for free training but I'm a little apprehensive about going there if it's as bad as people say it is.

Hi i worked for CVS till last november. Please go for it for at least two years, u will get ur experience, believe me!!!Be warned, just get a part-time.Like someone said,at CVS NO MATTER HOW MUCH AND HARD U WORK, IS NEVER ENOUGH!!! PART-TIME DARLING.

angrywagtc in Woodbridge, Virginia

53 months ago

RETAIL IS RETAIL
no matter what retail pharmacy you work it is same respect you'll get with big companies. i worked for cvs 24hour pharmacy which is hell but you get a lot help with pharmacists and technicians but mistakes happens everyday. Now i'm with walgreens with TWO Drive thrus and One pharmacist/technician you do 200 scripts daily you'll make mistakes at least once a week no matter what. but i rather work with 24hours store with lots of help so you won't get burned out. i'm already screaming for help at my store since people will come in all at once which is hell. No matter how you please with your customers.

Since working with Walgreens for 3 years i had enough of BS! plus their pays $10 non experience-$11 experienced sucks! $1 raise after my PTCB LAME LAME LAME. I HAD THE PRIDE WITH WALGREENS NOT ANYMORE! GOOD BYE RETAIL!

Becky in Columbus, Ohio

53 months ago

I worked for a big chain as a tech for 10 years. They cut back on the tech help, added a drive-thru, then to top that off, I was the only full-time tech. All the others were college students and I had to work around their class schedules. My knees went bad and I had one of them replaced last fall. Took my time off for medical leave, then went back and lasted a week and turned in my notice. Now the pharmacy has NO full-time techs, and they're only scheduling one tech to work at a time. It'll never be a good place to work. The part-time techs can tolerate it because they only work 15-20 hours a week and are only there for 2 or 3 years. By the time they're really trained, they're gone.

My advise is to not plan on making a career out of retail pharmacy.

Honesty in Daphne, Alabama

53 months ago

Honesty Rx is looking for retail Pharmacy Techs. www.hrxcard.com/gwells

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

houston90 in Houston, Texas

52 months ago

htownzsos in Houston, Texas said: hello to fellow pharm techs, I have recently been hired by the local walgreens near my home, and am currently going through training, I have no plans for this to be a long term career (i have read msany of the negative comments anyways on this field), this is something I am choosing to do so I can pay for my expenses for college, I have read alot of things on this forum, and my question is this a decent enough job/company with decent working environment, and working conditions to work for the next 3 to 4 years?

Hi, I just got hired at walgreens too...do you like it so far? Are you certified? Oh and if you don't mind, how much was your starting pay?

Corinnacpht in Norfolk, Virginia

52 months ago

houston90 in Houston, Texas said: Hi, I just got hired at walgreens too...do you like it so far? Are you certified? Oh and if you don't mind, how much was your starting pay?

I was hired at 11.50, haven't started yet because I'm finishing up with Rite Aid, so we will see what it's like to work there! Best of luck! I've got 2 & 1/2 years experience, and a national and Virginia pharm tech certification.

Krz4mnms in Maricopa, Arizona

52 months ago

Maeris said: Seriously.... The question was: What is the best place to work for? Not the worst, they already have another comment area for that, and it's ONLY CVS bashing...

I do my pharmacy tech internship at a Walgreens. I absolutely LOVE IT. At least I have awesome co-workers and very nice pharmacists. One of them buys food for the technicians every wednesday! I don't mind working for free for them. And if they ever needed me again, I would never say no.

But that's relative to who works in the pharmacy. I hear alot of complaints about other Walgreens pharmacists. I heard one got their car shot down cause the person was a jerk.

So I'd say from my experience, Walgreens is great! But it depends on who you work with like many other jobs. I guess you should really ask the technicians how they feel were t hey work, if the pharmacist is understand or at least nice. Cause I've had pharmacists come to mine for just one day to fill, and they're just like robots and don't care about the employee at all. Like I said, it depends on the people and the volume of prescriptions!

I agree with you. I worked for Walgreens retail for 3 1/2 years at 3 different stores and I absolutely loved the people I worked with. The pharmacists were caring and always ready and willing to counsel patients. I had an injury and was unable to continue standing for 8+ hours so I transferred to a division of Walgreens where I sat in a cubicle and types prescriptions. They were trying to get away with violating state board policies and I refused so I quit there. I am now working for a long-term care pharmacy. We cater to skilled nursing centers and assisted-living facilities. I LOVE IT!!!!! Again the people I work with are great! I don't have to deal with pushy patients only the nurses at the facilities. There are long-term care pharmacies everywhere that there are nursing homes so I would suggest looking into that.

Amazed2011 in El Paso, Illinois

52 months ago

I have been off work for about a year due to a injury at work...So yes, I have been on workmans comp all this time...I can't afford paying for insurance..I had to break down and apply for a medical card..I have worked all my life, I have never depended on anyone to support me...So yes I'm embarrassed to have a medical card...I haven't even told any of my closest family members or friends..The other day I was called because a friend of mine was having problems with her husband, which they have been separated about eight months..He owns a pharmacy and his sister works there as a pharmacy tech...well needless to say a major argument came about and the sister ended up punching my friend in the face, I pushed the pharmacy tech back about feet and she was yelling at me and not once but twice told me to get a job....Is that ok for her to down grade me for having a medical card...if she wasn't a pharmacy tech at the pharmacy I go to, she would never of know about what insurance I have....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

CVS Vet in Ashland, Virginia

52 months ago

I spent almost a decade working for CVS. I loved my job and the people I worked with. I made myself available to every store that called, whenever, where ever. I loved going to work. It was a very difficult job, and maybe I'm crazy for having liked it. There are very significant problems, though. 1) Breaks. You won't get one, your pharmacist won't get one. Ever. 2) Unless you are always on top of your PIC and manager, you will never get the raise you deserve. 3) You will never be appreciated for the work you do, never. 4) Pharmacists are in such high demand, when they are hired, they are put right in the store. No training, they depend on the techs in the store to train the pharmacists. I've received more than one call from the PDM asking me to help a new pharmacist. 5) They can hire two techs to train for $7/hr. So when you start making more than $14/hr, look out. Keep your head down. Talk to people about advancement? Fired. Say the word union in front of Larry Merlo (I did), fired. 6) Every single DM lies. Every one. It must be something they are trained to do. They can look you right in the eye and lie to you. About your raise, about anything. Remember, if he/she didn't write it down, it's not going to happen. 7) Every meeting I went to there was some coupon scam they told us about. They say, "Don't accept these." You go back to work and soon enough, someone brings you one. You turn on that CVS charm and tell them that we can't accept these coupons, sorry. They call some 1800 number, and the same jackass that told you not to take these coupons, says that the tech must have been mistaken, here's a gift card. Any 1800 number call gets a gift card. No matter what you did or did not do, no matter what you were told to do, they get a gift card. Every time. You will never be backed up on anything. 8) The pharmacy makes seventy five cents of every dollar that CVS makes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

CVS Vet in Ashland, Virginia

52 months ago

That means we should short the hours back there to make even more money! I know payroll is our largest expense outside of inventory, but come on! As a lead tech for as long as I was a lead tech, I believe the best pharmacies (especially the busiest ones) should have the lead tech/inv. specialist tasked to administrative and inventory duties at least 20 hours a week. I could be looking at applications and conducting interviews, investigating inventory problems, conducting medicare seminars with customers, training employees, setting up displays or endcaps for seasonal pharmacy items, or any of a million things. We should never be crazy behind or chronically understaffed, we should have at least forty hours over each week. Extra time could be lent to front store tasks or needs. 9) Drive Thru. CVS's aim is to have every store with a drive thru. The worst thing to happen to front store sales ever. The mom who doesn't want to drag her kids through the store, would have bought the candy they opened, that pack of diapers she needed, or the gallon of milk she didn't know we sold. They also will never allot enough hours for you to have the window manned when you need it manned. The system they used to figure the hours needed was based on the formula 100 hrs = 1000 scripts. I think it should have been 120 hrs = 1000 Rx. 10) Overtime. Because the treatment of a lot of pharmacists (not all), the company itself, the pay, the hours, etc. every store always seemed to be short someone. Those that could help were not allowed because of overtime, or yelled at by managers and DM's because of overtime. If you made lead tech's salaried, and gave them an hourly bonus for OT work, they wouldn't be getting yelled at so much!

Tiffany in Miami, Florida

52 months ago

Hey Everyone,

I just recently began working for Walgreen's as a a pharmacy technician and they starting me off at 11.25 ( I am certified). My questions to current Walgreen Technicians:

What advice would you give me to succeed at Walgreen's as well as move up to the Senior Pharmacy Technician position?

How long does it take to become a senior pharmacy technician and what is there pay?

How long does it take a pharmacy technician to receive a raise and how much is it?

Thanks!

Starting My Career Soon Carolyn in Omaha, Nebraska

52 months ago

WOW I am in OMG I cannot believe that the medical field is like that but in a way I can. It isnt the job it is the people that is heading the jobs of today. They mistreat people to get over and take over. It is asham that people dont treat people like they want to be treated and paid. When we do the work we should get paid our time. I havent started working yet but I have wonder if the cost of 25,ooo dollars of school money will pay off in the long run. I decided to go into this field because of a close field and she said it is no different just better money. And some times that isnt all that great when dealing with people. But time will tell this time next year Good Luck and hang in there.............Starting My Career Soon

DLanpher in Bayville, New Jersey

52 months ago

Unfortunately you will make the most amount of money working for Walgreen's. I started off there as technician without certification at $11.00 an hour. After I was certified I was bumped up to $12.75 an hour. I was getting between 33-40 hrs a week, and I was extremely content. But due to horrible management, district, and the store itself I was fired for the most ridiculous thing you can imagine. I was fired for supposedly violating store policy and a HIPPA violation. Mind you two weeks before I was fired, a brand new pharmacist who came to work for walgreens named Mike was working one night, left a bag of oxycontin out on the table and within minutes 400 dollars of this drug was stolen. BUT he still has his job, go figure. Truth in the matter,I got fired because the pharmacy manager hated me and did not want me in her pharmacy being there was a "click" there, and found any means to get rid of me. I was never late, came in on snow days, worked on my days off and even worked when I had strep!!! Not only did I deal with drama there from little 19 to 24 year olds, but I also dealt with crappy management who never dealt with the ongoing problems in the pharmacy such as tardiness, call outs, foul and sometimes nasty language around customers, and lack of respect of keeping person issues private. I loved being a tech for walgreen's, what I did not like was the DRAMA from the immature young ladies who worked there who were always miserable and complaining about their job. Makes me sick to know, they are lead technician's now and that the store manager was an idiot to even promote them. Guess it shows you that bad behavior gets rewarded still.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

kika123 in Tampa, Florida

52 months ago

Tech in Riverside,CA in Los Angeles, California said: If you find a new job, can I have yours? I will take ANY Pharmacy Tech. job at this point!

this is why Pharmacy tech pay will never go up, because of desperate people willing to work for $9, employer know and they rather have a $9/hour slave VS paying $16/17/18 to sinor tech III with 10 years of experience...lol

AMY in Skokie, Illinois

51 months ago

We all need to come together and strike on one day in front of were we work to show that we will not be taken for a ride. We all want better pay, Health care, and benefits. Organize a day to protest and fight for our rights. Pass this message to your co-workers, family, friends,etc. Make a day and protest! Lests get america on it's feet again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Miami, Florida

51 months ago

amarie in Bakersfield, California said: Wow, your super upset.I get the frustation but you claim to have worked in the pharmacy setting before so you should understand the stressful dynamic.It sounds more like the tech needs to pass the test to become a pharmacist in his current state.I am not sure what the laws are in the state that your in but the tech is as much to blame as the supervising pharmacist.I personally don't get the problem with manufacturer bottles.Bottles are bottles, reduce reuse.Time and personal service is always the issue with the larger chains. You should definately check out your locally owned pharmacy they are not always cheapier but they are almost always willing to negotiate the cost and will make up with the personal and timely service.

Hey the tech is NEVER to be blamed the PHARMACIST gets paid to accept that responsibility. When they start paying techs a salary that is fair, and they are respected, THEN they can be blamed for their mistakes, as it is now...the pharmacist makes 100% of the money, then they MUST acccept 100% of the blame for tech error.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Miami, Florida

51 months ago

kika123 in Tampa, Florida said: this is why Pharmacy tech pay will never go up, because of desperate people willing to work for $9, employer know and they rather have a $9/hour slave VS paying $16/17/18 to sinor tech III with 10 years of experience...lol

Any tech that accepts a wage lower than $13 an hour (for entry level only) are desparate, dumb ass people and are ruining it for the rest of us. That is why pharmacists make fun of you and treat you like crap, because you people are too stupid to realize that you are being taken advantage of. The fact is...if EVERY tech stood up in EVERY workplace and unanimously agreed to strike for better wages..management would have to give in to you, or the pharmacy would come to a dead stop period. Of course you will always have ass kissing techs with a corporate slave mentality or a "wanna be pharmacist" complex who lives for any cheesy compliment the pharmacists gives them while making $12 an hour. Corporate America thrives on cheap labor......here in Florida when the law to register and have education standards for pharmacy techs was in debate,, CVS and Walgreens lobbied like crazy so it wouldnt pass. When it became apparent that it would pass they lobbied like crazy to lower the education standards. Corporations are drunk and high on cheap labor....cheap labor is like CRACK to a corporation, they are pocketing our futures so they reap mega billions in profits, while we live at the poverty level...IT MUST END!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Miami, Florida

51 months ago

Some b**tch recruiter from CVS called me yesterday to ask me if I was interested in a position at CVS/Caremark mailorder facilty in Miramar, FL. I have been a tech for 18 years and PTCB certified for 16 years, in fact I became certified the first year PTCB testing was offered. Plus I have a Bsc. Biology from FAU. The CVS recruiter says the position is to work in the Doctor Calls department. That is a position that requires KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE and profiency in medical terminology as you have to call doctor offices and speak with doctors or nurses if a prescription is unclear or the dosage is incorrect. The CVS recruiter rattles off to me that the job pays $12.50 an hour. I mean are these people for real? I told her that was too low and that it was "entry level" pay and I am WAY experienced. She asked me what I was looking for? I said "nothing less than $15/hr to START" She said "Thank you for your time" and hung up. Are you %@!$^ kidding me? $15 MEASLY dollars an hour for my YEARS of knowledge and experience? But you know why she feels that she can low-ball me like that? DUMB-ASS entry level techs that would take that offer, there is no way an experienced tech would consider that garbage. If we ALL stick together like friggin GLUE and stop kissing pharmacists asses like some sort of pet monkey we could get something done about our salaries. Companies will HAVE NO CHOICE. They MUST pay us more or...hire all pharmacists instead , and I KNOW they dont want to do that. There is a cost of doing business and it is time that technicians share in the fruits of their labor, and not just the pharmacist and parent companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Miami, Florida

51 months ago

I GUARANTEE that the CVS recruiter gets a bonus and pads her own pocket EVERY TIME she successfully hires someone and hires them at the lowest possible salary. I am willing to bet that the more qualifed person they can get for the lowest possible salary is literally BIG MONEY in that recruiters pocket. Everyone has heard of a bonus for employees that refer new employees to the company. I am quite sure that there is a personal incentive/reward given to CVS recruiters and other companies practice the same thing as well. DO NOT ACCEPT A LOWBALL OFFER, because while you are working for those s**t wages, the recruiter that snared you will be drinking champagne on YOUR money! WAKE the F**K UP PEOPLE!

kika123 in Tampa, Florida

51 months ago

I agree with you Steve, The main problem I see is the lack of public imformation and the lack of recognition we all experience. I went to buy a car recently, the salesperson asked me what I do for a living, I reply I'm a pharmacy tech; then he said you work for CVS or Walgreens...What the idiot Don't know is that I'm a certified chemoy tech 3 working for one of the biggest hospitals in the area. I was so surprised to find out that rad techs are making $23-$24 comming out of School, PTA Are comming out making $25-$35..I mean Mixing IV's in my opinion has a bigger liability than taking and X-ray, In case you take the wrong X-ray you can always comeback and take anotherone, Us you mix the wrng chemo Prarmacist Fail to check and Patient gets it chances are they will be in big truoble even death. Remember what happened with that pedi chemo mix with 23.4% sodium chloride in Ohio and the little girl die, The Pharmacist Lost the License..OUR JOBS ARE COMPLEX COMPENSATION SHOULD BE GREATER NO QUESTIONS ASKED..the problem are all those tech schools pushing hundreads of students a year and these people are in debt they need to work and unfortunatelly they will take wetever job at wetever pay...this is way Pharmacy tech should be a restricted program like rad-tech, PTA, Respiratory therapist, Nursing etc...if Pharmacy tech become more restricted a 2 year program like all the others our profecion will be taking more in consideration and our compensations should increase as well...MY ADVISE ANYONE NOT HAPPY WITH THE PROFESSION TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL GOVERNOR AND ANYONE YOU THINK THAT CAN HELP AND START DEMANDING ALL THIS THINGS ESPECIALLY A RESTRICTED PROGRAM THAT WILL BENEFIT US ALL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

malick3 in Miami, Florida

51 months ago

Hello everybody. I am 22 years old I will be starting the pharmacy technician program this month. the think I want to know about the field what is the best way to find the job when u graduated. About the low pay I think the problem is the fact that pharmacy technician jobs are not much in some places though they will be taking a low pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Claire in Columbus, Ohio

51 months ago

malick3 in Miami, Florida said: Hello everybody. I am 22 years old I will be starting the pharmacy technician program this month. the think I want to know about the field what is the best way to find the job when u graduated. About the low pay I think the problem is the fact that pharmacy technician jobs are not much in some places though they will be taking a low pay.
My best advice is do NOT look for pharmacy jobs in a retail pharmacy, even if the pay is higher. I haven't heard of working conditions being good in any of them. The burn-out rate seems to be pretty high, so don't count on making a career out of pharmacy.

I don't know what you mean by "pharmacy technician jobs are not much in some places though they will be taking a low pay".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Upjohn252 in Miami, Florida

51 months ago

malick3 in Miami, Florida said: Hello everybody. I am 22 years old I will be starting the pharmacy technician program this month. the think I want to know about the field what is the best way to find the job when u graduated. About the low pay I think the problem is the fact that pharmacy technician jobs are not much in some places though they will be taking a low pay.

You have no idea what a life of misery you are embarking on. Even if your technician training program was FREE it is still not worth it. If you feel like paying $14,000 to come out and work for $12 an hour thats your problem. I promise you you will regret it.
Study something else that will pay more and is more respected. Do not let schools fool you into thinking that a career as a pharmacy technician is rewarding. It is not. It is damn near slavery. Please read my posts above. After 18 years of doing this I am poor and broke. Just please think this over.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

You have no idea what a life of misery you are embarking on. Even if your technician training program was FREE it is still not worth it. If you feel like paying $14,000 to come out and work for $12 an hour thats your problem. I promise you you will regret it.
Study something else that will pay more and is more respected. Do not let schools fool you into thinking that a career as a pharmacy technician is rewarding. It is not. It is damn near slavery. Please read my posts above. After 18 years of doing this I am poor and broke. Just please think this over.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

malick mboumoh in Miami, Florida

51 months ago

Upjohn252 in Miami, Florida said

Ok man I undertand what you saying but the thing is I rally want to be a pharmacist. I think being a pharmacy technician for will help me out to know about the field. Because after my certification I will try to enter the process to become pharmacist thats means go back to school. my trainning isnot free I took a loan for it in one of those private schools. It's just to know about the field. I really want you to give me some tips in this way. why don't you like being a pharmacy tech?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

malick mboumoh in Miami, Florida

51 months ago

ok tell me something. Do you think pharmacy technician program is easy? like at school ?

Upjohn252 in Hialeah, Florida

51 months ago

malick mboumoh in Miami, Florida said: Upjohn252 in Miami, Florida said

Ok man I undertand what you saying but the thing is I rally want to be a pharmacist. I think being a pharmacy technician for will help me out to know about the field. Because after my certification I will try to enter the process to become pharmacist thats means go back to school. my trainning isnot free I took a loan for it in one of those private schools. It's just to know about the field. I really want you to give me some tips in this way. why don't you like being a pharmacy tech?

I learned on the job to be a pharmacy tech. I hate being a tech, its not even a living wage and you have to work like a slave to get it. You are at the mercy of the pharmacist. If you end up working for a jerk, they can yell at you all day long for no reason, and there is nothing you can do. Most pharmacists look down on techs, and assume they are dumb animals. If I were you ..forget about being a tech, go to community college for an AA in Pre-Pharmacy, it is a waste of time and money to go to school to be a tech.

51 months ago

I saw an advertisement yesterday for a "skilled pharmacy technician" for the VA in Miami. The salary range there was $36,970 to $48,012 a year. Unbelievable. The federal govt. is BROKE and they can still offer that salary, and the RICH corporations that profit so much from our labor, cheat us daily with garbage salaries unfit to live on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Macie in Austin, Texas

50 months ago

robwatter in Rancho Cucamonga, California said: It so good to read that someone else is going through what I am going through. My DM told me to my face that I don't have a future in CVS to move on. I have been with CVS for almost 5 years and given up semisters of medical school for that company, why so I can get the shaft when ever they feel like. I am the only pharm tech I know that finish pharmacy school with a 9 year degree and can't get a break in the pharmacy. I get no raises no do I get any kind of promotion what so ever. CVS puts out that they respect those who workes for them that's a bunch of crap oh don't forget that crappy Christmas card we got from Tom Ryan. I don't need a crappy card I need my raise and better working conditions. CVS needs to stop buying out the competition and start paying those who are the backbone of the company. As soon as I can I want out of CVS its the devil and we are used and abused.

What do you mean you finish pharmacy school with a 9 year degree. Are you a pharmacist?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anomymous in Austin, Texas

50 months ago

LOVELIFE09 in Woonsocket, Rhode Island said: CVS absolutely does suck ! It is well known in the city of Woonsocket and surrounding areas that CVS treats their employees like crap ! Many dr's in the area will tell you that they have so many people on stress medication that work for them !My friend worked there and six of seven of his lunch partners were on traquilizers !

CVS will brag about never having a layoff , yeah sure ! Instead what they do is walk out people that have been there for many years and they tell them they don't know what they're doing ! If that's the case why did the person never have a written or verbal warning in as much as 35+ years ???? I would think there's a law against a company that does this to very good and capable people !

CVS YEARS AGO WAS A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR ...... Till the latest CEO came along ..... CVS has nothing to be proud of !!!

Continue to do the good work for some tyrant on the top. This is the reason they make us slaves.

April 1, 2011 11:28 AM EDT

CVS Caremark Corp's (CVS.N) former Chief Executive, Thomas Ryan, who recently retired after a 12-year tenure as CEO of the U.S. drugstore chain, took home more than $120 million in 2010.

The 58-year old, who joined the company as an in-store pharmacist about 37 years ago, received $29.2 million in total compensation, which included a salary of $1.48 million along with stock and option awards worth $11.5 million.
Ryan took another $58.4 million in lump-sum pension and $50.4 million from stock-award vestings and exercise of stock options. Perquisites mentioned in a regulatory filing included $74,000 for personal use of company aircraft and car.

Ryan, who became president and CEO in May 1998 and added the chairmanship in April 1999, was succeeded by Larry Merlo, the company's former chief operating officer on March 1 this year.

Ryan leaves behind a company that is trying to improve profits at its pharmacy benefits management unit, which

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

coolchip10 in Savannah, Georgia

50 months ago

Im a pharmacist now for 5 years and have been in retail at kroger for all 5. Trust me, it's hell for us too. You can't imagine the stress of checking hundreds of rx's daily without breaks and worrying that you may have screwed something up royally. Some days I eat lunch as late at 6pm and some days I don't eat. It's just me and only me and noone to relieve me. You guys are very important to us and we rely on you for a lot. That's just the nature of the beast. Well, the beast can have my job. I'm moving to hospital pharmacy in 2 weeks and am so happy. I'm getting an hour lunch break and 2 15 minute breaks. This is something I've never had. I do recommend the national certification for you guys b/c it makes you more marketable. Don't pay for school though, just study from a book, sign up at the website and take the test. You'll get hired faster than someone who's not certified. Good luck on your future endeavors and don't let the public a-holes stress you out too much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Miami in Miami, Florida

50 months ago

Thank you coolchip, I would like your opinion of what do you think the salary of pharm techs should be? I think we all think its garbage, I would be interested to know the opinion of a pharmacist.

coolchip10 in Fort Valley, Georgia

50 months ago

Steve in Miami in Miami, Florida said: Thank you coolchip, I would like your opinion of what do you think the salary of pharm techs should be? I think we all think its garbage, I would be interested to know the opinion of a pharmacist.

I think it should be a hell of a lot more than they do atleast in my area. I have techs who have been with the company for 3 plus years still making min wage...they considered it a pay raise when min wage jumped up a couple of years ago. One of my techs just got a nickel pay raise. They think its ok that we don't have time to eat lunch but the rest of the store gets to clock out for their breaks. When we do 300 plus rxs with 1 pharmacist and 2 techs the store manager has the nerve to say we had a slow day bc sales were a little low. Hello, when your giving stuff away for $4 and matching publix "free" antibiotic program sales are gonna suck. It still takes the same amount of time to fill 1 rx whether it costs $100 or $1. As to the pay issue I don't believe my techs should make the same as a grocery bagger. So if I put ur eggs on your bread you are not going to die but if I f up ur rx and my dear overworked unfed pharmacist misses the mistake bc I'm some crackhead off the street being paid min wage bc that's all we can find to hire, you may quite possibly die. I say certified techs should start at min of 10.50 to 12.50 based on experience and get atleast annual raises that are substantial not a nickel (mr. Kroger).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Miami in Miami, Florida

50 months ago

Thanks, coolchip I was hoping that you would say $15 - $18 to start, I cant imagine living on 12.50 an hour but thanks anyway.

cpht pharm tech in Fresno, California

50 months ago

I have been a certified pharm tech for over 2 years with CVS (hate it) just recieved an opportunity for a f/t permanent position in a state prison pharmacy. Want to know what the hours of operation generally are for a prison pharmacy?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.