Best places to work for?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 212)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Steve in Miami in Miami, Florida

44 months ago

Thank you coolchip, I would like your opinion of what do you think the salary of pharm techs should be? I think we all think its garbage, I would be interested to know the opinion of a pharmacist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

coolchip10 in Fort Valley, Georgia

44 months ago

Steve in Miami in Miami, Florida said: Thank you coolchip, I would like your opinion of what do you think the salary of pharm techs should be? I think we all think its garbage, I would be interested to know the opinion of a pharmacist.

I think it should be a hell of a lot more than they do atleast in my area. I have techs who have been with the company for 3 plus years still making min wage...they considered it a pay raise when min wage jumped up a couple of years ago. One of my techs just got a nickel pay raise. They think its ok that we don't have time to eat lunch but the rest of the store gets to clock out for their breaks. When we do 300 plus rxs with 1 pharmacist and 2 techs the store manager has the nerve to say we had a slow day bc sales were a little low. Hello, when your giving stuff away for $4 and matching publix "free" antibiotic program sales are gonna suck. It still takes the same amount of time to fill 1 rx whether it costs $100 or $1. As to the pay issue I don't believe my techs should make the same as a grocery bagger. So if I put ur eggs on your bread you are not going to die but if I f up ur rx and my dear overworked unfed pharmacist misses the mistake bc I'm some crackhead off the street being paid min wage bc that's all we can find to hire, you may quite possibly die. I say certified techs should start at min of 10.50 to 12.50 based on experience and get atleast annual raises that are substantial not a nickel (mr. Kroger).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Miami in Miami, Florida

44 months ago

Thanks, coolchip I was hoping that you would say $15 - $18 to start, I cant imagine living on 12.50 an hour but thanks anyway.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cpht pharm tech in Fresno, California

44 months ago

I have been a certified pharm tech for over 2 years with CVS (hate it) just recieved an opportunity for a f/t permanent position in a state prison pharmacy. Want to know what the hours of operation generally are for a prison pharmacy?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jersey Life in Oaklyn, New Jersey

44 months ago

I have worked in a hospital for 5+ years now as a Tech. it is waaaaaaaay better than retail, the pay is better the respect is a little better and I get a 45minute lunch break, i wouldnt give up hospital life for anything, CVS SUCKS ASS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

shakeera moss in Freehold, New Jersey

43 months ago

Jersey Life in Oaklyn, New Jersey said: I have worked in a hospital for 5+ years now as a Tech. it is waaaaaaaay better than retail, the pay is better the respect is a little better and I get a 45minute lunch break, i wouldnt give up hospital life for anything, CVS SUCKS ASS

where in new jersey do you work? and how did you gain experience before working in a hospital? i went through training for over 6 months in a vocational school. i will be taking the state exam soon. i work at the pharmacy in Costco Warehouse, I would like to work in a hospital I have applied to several hospitals but they all require at least 1 year experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cpht in AZ in Tucson, Arizona

43 months ago

Cpht in AZ in Tucson, Arizona said: I know that I was told by students in my school that retail is the worse to work in. I did an extern in a clinic. It was the best group of people to work with. Only problem I had is I don't speak Spanish. A lot of their patients didn't speak a lot of English. I almost got hired, but no openings, so I volunteered. Then I got a job at CVS so I put the volunteer ship on hold. I would go back and work for them in a heartbeat for free they were that nice.
CVS was a complete reversal. Not all there were bad. Some of the techs were nice and knew what I was going thru. One of the techs that have been there a long time acted like a spoiled brat.
Acts like she cannot be bothered by anything or anyone new. I know that the pharmacists work hard too. I was once a training superviser and know what it takes to train a new person. They were not doing anything right. No support at all and did everything the trainer said not to do. Given the conditions at this store I understand some of it but if one works hard to do the best they can that should be at least Commended. I'm going to get my experience and if it doesn't improve I will move on.

looks like I,m moving on.

staypositive ;) in Saint Paul, Minnesota

42 months ago

I've worked for cvs at one point as a pharmacy associate. All the employees from cashiers to Pharmacist were awesome! Got to know them and build great relationships, really lenient!! Except that time I worked, I had a store manager who NO ONE couldnt pleased and he wouldnt give anyone a raise. Before pharmacy associate, I was the photo lab technician, same store manager, who never gave me a raise for the promotion (thank goodness he doesnt work there anymore). And most people here speak about breaks, I do agree. You dont get that much breaks. Fortunately, the pharmacist I worked with was always good on the breakings :) Overall, I actually loved working at CVS despite having some rude customers and dumb managers.

I guess it all comes down to WHERE and WHOM you work with; the busier the less breaks, more stupid people more dramas. And on top of that, it IS retail so that can effect the pay. With the rude customers, of course you'll get a few of those regardless wherever you go/work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gabrielle in Casselberry, Florida

42 months ago

htownzsos in Houston, Texas said: hello to fellow pharm techs, I have recently been hired by the local walgreens near my home, and am currently going through training, I have no plans for this to be a long term career (i have read msany of the negative comments anyways on this field), this is something I am choosing to do so I can pay for my expenses for college, I have read alot of things on this forum, and my question is this a decent enough job/company with decent working environment, and working conditions to work for the next 3 to 4 years?

It is a steady paycheck and you are available to request your own hours since you're in school. It has decent insurance too after 90 days of employment. Just don't get caught up in anyone's BS or drama.
Do what your told...don't ever be late (if you are, make sure to call)...
ALWAYS clock in & out at your exact time (you will get fussed at for overtime. Trust me, I know)...
Feed off the pharmacist (listen & learn)...keep a small notepad with you for ref. material if needed.
Other than that, good luck! I've been with Walgreens since 2004. : )

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

Tiffany in Miami, Florida said: Hey Everyone,

I just recently began working for Walgreen's as a a pharmacy technician and they starting me off at 11.25 ( I am certified). My questions to current Walgreen Technicians:

What advice would you give me to succeed at Walgreen's as well as move up to the Senior Pharmacy Technician position?

How long does it take to become a senior pharmacy technician and what is there pay?

How long does it take a pharmacy technician to receive a raise and how much is it?

Thanks!

It doesn't take that long to move up in position. Once your RXM has checked off your list of Sr. Tech duties (list can be found on store net by the way), they will submit it to your Store Manager for raise approval. You have to be able to perform all customer service duties, warehouse returns, cardinal procedures, know how to maneuver SIMS, etc. When you have all that down pact, you've got it made as Sr. Tech. : )

42 months ago

Gabrielle in Casselberry, Florida said: It doesn't take that long to move up in position. Once your RXM has checked off your list of Sr. Tech duties (list can be found on store net by the way), they will submit it to your Store Manager for raise approval. You have to be able to perform all customer service duties, warehouse returns, cardinal procedures, know how to maneuver SIMS, etc. When you have all that down pact, you've got it made as Sr. Tech. : )

Oh, and pay rate depends on your region/district. You have to ask your manager about that one.

CPthhht in Stafford Springs, Connecticut

42 months ago

Ash in Cleveland, Ohio said: I am taking a specially goverment funded program to train as a Pharmacy Technician through CVS to get my certification. For those of you who have worked there, what did you like most about the job? And what do you completely hate about the job?

So far I've got nothing but bad reviews. I don't want to pass up the opportunity for free training but I'm a little apprehensive about going there if it's as bad as people say it is.

Being a pharmacy tech sucks. When they say you can make 30k a year they are talking about working at a hospital in a closed environment. It is hard to get into a hospital and it's hard not to quit retail. I've been doing it for 6 plus years and nationally certified for 4.(CVS bought me the book but that was all)You get the pleasure of working with some lazy coworkers or managers. People who are unprepared to lead (and cry, infront of customers). YOu get little to no thanks, customers call you stupid, frequently, for doing your job and following the rules. Then your boss blames you because the pharmacist cant look bad for telling you what to do. I've made some good friends working in pharmacy but I have never been so stressed disgruntled and underpaid in my life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Columbus, Ohio

42 months ago

CPthhht in Stafford Springs, Connecticut said: Being a pharmacy tech sucks. When they say you can make 30k a year they are talking about working at a hospital in a closed environment. It is hard to get into a hospital and it's hard not to quit retail. I've been doing it for 6 plus years and nationally certified for 4.(CVS bought me the book but that was all)You get the pleasure of working with some lazy coworkers or managers. People who are unprepared to lead (and cry, infront of customers). YOu get little to no thanks, customers call you stupid, frequently, for doing your job and following the rules. Then your boss blames you because the pharmacist cant look bad for telling you what to do. I've made some good friends working in pharmacy but I have never been so stressed disgruntled and underpaid in my life.

I quit a fulltime job in retail pharmacy (Kroger) a few months ago and it was the best thing I ever did. Our business was up and they kept cutting hours. I was usually the only tech working and had to do everything and they wanted it done all at the same time. Every time I turned around, the corporate office was mandating some new stupid online courses we had to take and they didn't give us any extra time to do them. It was always "now, now, now!" I hated that place!

42 months ago

Anonymous in Columbus, Ohio said: I quit a fulltime job in retail pharmacy (Kroger) a few months ago and it was the best thing I ever did. Our business was up and they kept cutting hours. I was usually the only tech working and had to do everything and they wanted it done all at the same time. Every time I turned around, the corporate office was mandating some new stupid online courses we had to take and they didn't give us any extra time to do them. It was always "now, now, now!" I hated that place!

This is what I went thru at CVS. They made you feel awful for trying so hard to do everything all at once. I was there for only 2 months then I was laid off. I have an interveiw at a hospital and I am hoping this happens. I have had an interveiw with this person before. One of the techs at CVS said she would go home crying every night. This is no place to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

RxTech MO Walmart in Kansas City, Missouri

41 months ago

I currently work for Walmart's Pharmacy. I was hired with no experience and took all of the CBL's that they had me do and it was worth it. The Pharmacy Manager, Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians, and other members are very kind to me. I just started out working as a cashier for about 2 days in the pharmacy, after those 2 days I am now filling prescriptions/answering telephones, inputting prescriptions and drop-off stations (if I have any trouble I'll just ask other employees because it's better to work safe and smart as opposed to quick and reckless). My pay is currently $9.30 and that's fine with me for now, because it'll increase sooner or later with the market value or me getting my national certification(I'll work here for a couple of months to gain more knowledge from experience and then take the PTCE). The only problems I deal with are customer complaints. Every customer has a different issue...whether it's insurance problems, no refills, refill didn't make it through the phone/internet, costs too much, DR still hasn't given prescriptions, co-pays are off the chart, you name it. But hey, it's a job and it's not an easy one either, however, by the end of the day you get to go home and congratulate yourself on a job well done because you've helped patients get their correct medication to use. Oh and the other thing bad about Walmart is that they are way too busy! There is always something to do even when theres like 2 Pharmacists and 5 other Pharmacy Technicians behind the counter. Haha. Don't beat yourself up though. Be thankful you have a job and that someone recognizes you by treating you like crap and yelling at you. It just means they love you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

RX CVS tech in Sterling Heights, Michigan

41 months ago

/www.bbb.org/boston/business-reviews/pharmacies/cvs-caremark-in-woonsocket-ri-106178/
CVS/Caremark has been rated D from Better Business Bureau and is not accredited

The expectations are extremely high and the compensation is minimal. Working hard and following guidelines will not help you get ahead. Raises are insultingly small. You will be used like a tool and you'll be discarded when you usefulness is done.
Your Regional Pharmacist manager & DM and Regional Leader will thank you for contributing to their yearly bonus, for your maximum effort and working for peanuts, while they provide their families with food, shelter, education and the means to enjoy life to the fullest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

techbites83 in Woodbridge, Virginia

40 months ago

COSTCO PHARMACY PAYS WELL BUT THEIR CONDOR SYSTEM DO SUCKS! DRUGS CHEAP CAUSE THEY'RE FOREIGN MADE. VERY OLD-FASHION COMPANY.

CVS/PHARMACY SUCKS MORE...UNETHICAL COMPANY TO WORK FOR.

WALGREEN'S HANDS DOWN BEST SYSTEM BUT EXPENSIVE DRUGS...PAY/DRIVE THRUS SUCKS...NO TECH HELP...GOODBYE TRICARE/EXPRESS SCRIPTS

TARGET PDX OH HELL NO WELCOME TO 1990s.

WALMART IS A BIATCH. RUDE AND CHEAP CUSTOMERS.

RETAIL SUCKS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Columbus, Ohio

40 months ago

Kroger isn't any better. Busy store, drive-thru, giving flu shots, and ONE tech working at a time. No breaks, no lunch. Union won't help with that, either. Complain about it and the RPh makes your life hell

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mr.Wilson in Nashville, Tennessee

40 months ago

Seat4c in Stuttgart, Germany said: Is Walgreens any better ? I believe they are now the largest Pharmacy chain in the US ?

Walgreens is worse than hel*. Walgreens is the devils tool to punish good people. Me and a bunch of other churches here in Nashville are protesting and praying for them to be shut down!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

dink in El Cajon, California said: Get rid of the democrats in the white house

What, are you stupid? We should get rid of Walgreens.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Walgreens is worse than hel*. The devil created walgreens as a tool to punish humans. My and my church group pray every sunday that Jesus will shut down Walgreens.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

137 in Apex, North Carolina

40 months ago

mimi178 in Spokane, Washington said: Not true. You are entitled by the FEDERAL LAW to a 15 mins break or 30mins total for an 8hr day. There should be a flier that has the federal work laws posted in your break room that states everything.

I work as a tech at CVS and I am REQUIRED to take my 30 min break.. These other people must work at a really bad store that doesn't have their stuff together.. love my job:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

newbieTech in Boston, Massachusetts

40 months ago

137 in Apex, North Carolina said: I work as a tech at CVS and I am REQUIRED to take my 30 min break.. These other people must work at a really bad store that doesn't have their stuff together.. love my job:)

Same. In the CVS I work at, it can get extremely busy, and I sometimes don't want to leave because of that. But the pharmacist is always encouraging us out of the pharmacy to take a break.

I think it's all about location. Some of these places are going to suck. Some of them are going to be wonderful. I was fortunate enough to end up at a good store.

the queen in Covington, Georgia

40 months ago

I've been excepted for 2 job interviwe one in Riverdale, Ga and ellenwood,Ga and I dont know what store will be best fro me . I went o school for Pharamcy Techynician and I'm also Natioanl Certified technician and registerd. I'm just hoping that they pay me for my experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

the queen in Covington, Georgia said: I've been excepted for 2 job interviwe one in Riverdale, Ga and ellenwood,Ga and I dont know what store will be best fro me . I went o school for Pharamcy Techynician and I'm also Natioanl Certified technician and registerd. I'm just hoping that they pay me for my experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im sorry CVS store

40 months ago

the queen in Covington, Georgia said: I've been excepted for 2 job interview one in Riverdale, Ga and ellenwood,Ga at the CVS and I dont know what store will be best for I . I went to school for Pharamcy Technician and I'm also Natioanl Certified technician and registerd. I'm just hoping that they pay me for my experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i need money

J. Holmes in Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania

39 months ago

Ash in Cleveland, Ohio said: I am taking a specially goverment funded program to train as a Pharmacy Technician through CVS to get my certification. For those of you who have worked there, what did you like most about the job? And what do you completely hate about the job?

So far I've got nothing but bad reviews. I don't want to pass up the opportunity for free training but I'm a little apprehensive about going there if it's as bad as people say it is.

I've been a pharmacy tech at CVS for about a year now and it pretty much sucks! I'm studying to get my certification either next month or in december and I am in desperate need to find a pharm tech job OUTSIDE OF RETAIL. HATE IT!

39 months ago

mimi178 in Spokane, Washington said: I work at CVS and from my point of view, they don't appreciate their employees enough. Not trusting their employees is one of their main problems! We get bag checked, all our purses n belongings must be in our lockers, must take off smock before leaving. can't clock in early. Sh*tty employee discount. I thought our discount was okay until a lot of the patients had their discount card through their insurance and had an agreement with cvs so they had teh same discount tag as us with the same percetages off.

I worked at CVS for a short 2 months. Was told I would get 30 to 25 hours to start and by winter I would be full time. I am certified and had experience in a clinic as a volunteer and an extern. I was laid off in July (lack of business. I was treated very badly. I was not given any support from the training that was giving. The store I was at did not follow what I was told in training. I would have to say I was harassed. Two of the techs were very nice and tried to help. One pharmacist was not very smart at all. Not sure the pharmacy manager was not that knowledgeable either. This was my experience. I was going to get what experience I could and move on. I have had interviews at two hospitals but the hours to work would be harder. I know work at a call center for an insurance company. I’m on the other side of the call that a pharmacy calls the get a claim to get paid. So I am learning. I would not recommend CVS.

Mary in Columbus, Ohio

39 months ago

It has been very rare for me to read or hear positive comments about any retail pharmacy tech position, whether it be CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, etc. I know of quite a few techs who are hanging in there, trying to get out of retail but the competition is so stiff that they appear to be stuck where they are. I would not recommend anyone to seek a career in pharmacy, even as a pharmacist. The working conditions are terrible and there's no pay that's worth it. It took me several years to get out and find something totally different.

Josh Smith in Los Angeles, California

39 months ago

JobsForMe has a list of amazing places to work for in customer service and call centers. Just go to facebook and type in JobsForMe customer service and call center. Then check out all the nationwide job openings and apply!

Hope that helps!

jvks1mom in Spring, Texas

39 months ago

Hello Certified Pharmacy Technicians

We are an individually owned pharmacy located in Northwest Houston,TX conveniently located on Antoine Dr. with easy access to I10 and 290. We are looking for a Certified Pharmacy Technician and would like to extend an opportunity to apply!

If interested, please message me at goodwyna@yahoo.com for further details!

Guy Little in Malden, Massachusetts

38 months ago

I agree with everyone on this. I worked for CVS as a Pharm tech. for about a year in an understaffed store. It sucks being on your feet for 8-10 hours a day or more, being bullied by nasty customers and of course "they're always right" even when they're so obviously wrong. Part time is a joke...I actually wanted my hours cut because I hated that place so much. I was hired part time but worked 40-45 hours per week (mind you the store MANAGER worked around 40.) On basically minimum wage. Every time I asked to be labeled as 'full time' (to receive benefits) I was told they take nominations for that, and I would only receive a 'nomination' if I was an above average employee. My PM told me it was the DM who made these decisions...and basically said the 'slots' were full for the year. So either I was being told I was a crappy employee, or something fishy is going on here. An employee working 35+ hours (at least in MA) is considered FULL time...and should receive full time benefits. I mainly wanted the sick pay and vacation pay. It also pissed me off that 6 out of 10 employees were in school and only worked 3 days a week, but were considered 'full time'. There was one girl who was in school working 1 day a week ( a three to five hour shift) which she would complain about, but was still labeled 'full time'. What BS. If you work 35+ hours (esp. OVER 40 hrs/week) it should be a GIVEN you have full time benefits, not a REWARD for their unusually high expectations that "you can come very close to, but no cigar." there will always be that one thing that will keep you from getting BASIC RIGHTS. I didn't stick around long enough for my review, but I've heard the raises suck as well. Corporate sucks ass too, they should be put on the front lines. This company is a joke, no wonder it has a high turn-over rate. I got so fed up with my how they did things that one day I clocked out, and never f---ing came back. Good riddance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

GODSchild in Del Valle, Texas

38 months ago

pharmacist in progress in Fort Myers, Florida said: I agree CVS SUCKS!!! No matter how hard you work, it's never enough. Your hours will be cut without warning and they expect you to just "hang around" until they decide to offer you more. Resigning in about a month!!!

i agree CVS is a bad company to work for. i never got breaks even after 9-10 hour shifts. the management there were cruel. we had to work off the clock so we wouldn't go overtime. They cut on staff to save money and had one person to do a two person job. not only that the pharmacist in charge was stealing pills, and never wanted the place cleaned so no one would find her stash spots, it was crazy. I even heard of people getting 8 cent yearly raises. The pay was low and they worked you like a hebrew slave. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rprasad05 in Hollywood, Florida

37 months ago

Jayla in New York, New York said: Its not always busy it all depends in the area and the store! Yes sometimes you may get a nasty customer or two but the more you work the more you develop a relationship with the customers! They know you and you know them, I work for CVS for 3 years now and I love it

you love working for CVS? I've been with that company as a pharmacist for 4 years and I can tell you it is aweful. They mistreat the technicians 24/7. I am trying to leave myself so go figure. Flat out CVS is an aweful company to work for; they expect blood from a stone. Good luck finding it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cliff Edwards D.Ph. in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

37 months ago

Maddi in Johnson City, Tennessee said: I am taking the certification test on December 13th. I was just wondering where the best places to work at are? I work at walgreens as of now(not in the pharmacy dept yet) and have been offered a job at cvs. Just wondering the pros and cons of working at each place. Thanks

Your best jobs will be with independent Pharmacies or Hospital also with better pay!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

psa in Buffalo, New York

37 months ago

I got hired as a PSA couple of months ago, still going through training. I was hired as part time but currently getting very little hours...one to two days a week 4 hour shifts. Is this just how CVS is? Do I have to work my way up for more hours...? I have very little training left. Just very frustrated. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Concerned for Carelessness in Astoria, New York

37 months ago

mimi178 in Spokane, Washington said: Not true. You are entitled by the FEDERAL LAW to a 15 mins break or 30mins total for an 8hr day. There should be a flier that has the federal work laws posted in your break room that states everything.

CVS does not comply with the federal laws entitling employees to 15 minute breaks. You may get your lunch break but only because they don't have the hours in the budget to pay you for them. I can't tell you how many times I have clocked out for lunch and kept working. Front store takes breaks, gets 15's etc. but the pharmacy department is too busy and CVS is not willing to budget enough hours to comply with federal laws or provide adequate patient care. This is coming from a long term employee of CVS and it is my honest opinion that things won't change until someone dies as a result of the carelessness of the CVS corporation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

steph090590 in Gainesville, Florida

36 months ago

these comments dont do ccvs justice. I actually read these before I started working and kinda regreted saying yes to the offer. I started the job any way and I must say that all the implications were wrong. I love working for this ompany. the atmosphere is great. The pharmacists that I work for are very nice and i can say that the only thing I have a problem is the pay but I can't ask for much because I haven't been registered let alone certified but breaks are pretty much mandatory and there is no gossip.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Chpt in Tucson, Arizona

36 months ago

steph090590 in Gainesville, Florida said: these comments dont do ccvs justice. I actually read these before I started working and kinda regreted saying yes to the offer. I started the job any way and I must say that all the implications were wrong. I love working for this ompany. the atmosphere is great. The pharmacists that I work for are very nice and i can say that the only thing I have a problem is the pay but I can't ask for much because I haven't been registered let alone certified but breaks are pretty much mandatory and there is no gossip.

I'm sure not all CVS stores are bad. People are different depending on the store. You may have found a good place. My time that I worked for them was one of the worse I have had at any job. And I have worked at a lot of different type of jobs. I did keep a record of it and let my school that I went to know. I went to a College to learn Pharmacy and I did get certified. Money or pay was not a big problem. The store that I was at was not very busy so I did not get many hours. I never quit but was laid off. My biggest complaint is how you are treated and the pharmacists that were there were not very good at their jobs. If I hadn't worked with other pharmacists I would have a very dim view of them in general. The most work in a pharmacy was in a clinic not retail.

Walgreens technician in Little Elm, Texas

35 months ago

I work at Walgreens and have for 6 years. You do not have to go to school to work in a pharmacy. Walgreens does on the job training, pays for your tech license and pays for you to take your national certification test. Do not go to school to be a pharmacy tech that is a complete waste of time and money!
PS if you are wanting to be a pharmacy tech I hope you like the crazy, fast paced work environment and are good at multi tasking... If so you'll enjoy your job! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

10yrs is enough in Monroe, Louisiana

35 months ago

looking in Va. in Richmond, Virginia said: I was nationally certified in2004. I hold a current state license, am current on all of my continuing education. Every time I try to apply for a technician's job, they want at least a year of experience of on the job. After putting so much time, effort, and money in this I am pretty discouraged and am wondering if a major mistake was made even going for the certification.

Try to volunteer or enter as a trainee...I'm assuming you did not go through a professional program.

jj jopie in dallas, Texas

35 months ago

okay so i have worked at cvs for ten years and i have had no problem with them mabey it is just your cvs

IC3 in Mexicali, Mexico

34 months ago

WALGREENS ROCKSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!good payment,sick days , personal days , vacations . retirement plans.good company to work !!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

i have no username in Oxnard, California

34 months ago

bella in Manchester, New Hampshire said: I'm an immigrant. I was born in south america.I came to this country 18 years ago. I can not go to school because I did not know english at all, but I went to school and got my diploma, then I got my licese but the problem now with this rite aid pharmacy. they never trained me enough for this kind of job. they fired me becouse my english. the pharmacy was in charge told me I need to speak perfect english. my comment is why people go to school.They treat me like stuped person.

man,i'm sorry.don't worry about it,though.i understand what you mean and how you feel.my parents migrated here in the States with knowing a little bit of English.when they did learn English,some people made fun of them or put them down,saying that they don't know how to speak English just because they had an accent.the thing is,some people here in the States think that people with accents don't know how to speak English...but,they may not know is that U.S. citizens living in other states have their own accent when they speak English. in fact,not only do the citizens here have their own unique accent,but our English is also different in other countries..for example,Britain.you don't have an accent,but my point is don't let it get you down.you're doing great and you're not stupid.the most important thing is that you get your point across to the other person.from what i see,you know how to speak and write in English because i understood your message and you got your license.just keep your head up and don't listen to those people who tell you to speak "perfect" English.all of us, including the U.S. born citizens,don't have "perfect" English because English varies in how it is spoken to others.that's why it's a difficult language,and you overcame that.so yeah...just like the rest of the U.S. citizens in the States,continue to practice and learn English like you own the language because now,you own it..you live here now. ^^

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jen in Nelsonville, Ohio

34 months ago

coolchip10 in Savannah, Georgia said: Im a pharmacist now for 5 years and have been in retail at kroger for all 5. Trust me, it's hell for us too. You can't imagine the stress of checking hundreds of rx's daily without breaks and worrying that you may have screwed something up royally. Some days I eat lunch as late at 6pm and some days I don't eat. It's just me and only me and noone to relieve me. You guys are very important to us and we rely on you for a lot. That's just the nature of the beast. Well, the beast can have my job. I'm moving to hospital pharmacy in 2 weeks and am so happy. I'm getting an hour lunch break and 2 15 minute breaks. This is something I've never had. I do recommend the national certification for you guys b/c it makes you more marketable. Don't pay for school though, just study from a book, sign up at the website and take the test. You'll get hired faster than someone who's not certified. Good luck on your future endeavors and don't let the public a-holes stress you out too much.

Pharmacists at Kroger rely on techs for TOO much. I didn't get lunch or breaks, either, and the PHARMACIST in charge would schedule me working alone, no other techs with me, and I had to deal with the drive-thru, pick-up window, drop-off window, typing, counting, placing orders and getting the free Rx deliveries ready. I turned in my notice and the pharmacist acted shocked. You guys can have the place, I don't want anything to do with it.

Kam in Toronto, Ontario

33 months ago

Just wondering i was thinking about becoming a pharmacy assistant can anyone tell me if there is alot of math involved in this program? My math skills are very weak. Any help would be appreciated. Please reply soon b4 I enroll in this program and waste my time in something i may not be able to do. Thanks

Angry Daughter in Washington, District of Columbia

31 months ago

My middle aged mother works for CVS for almost 10 years now. I have pleaded with her and her coworkers to attempt to unionize because of the foul treatment that they receive. I understand that business is about profit, not necessarily employee satisfaction, but the crap they shovel on these dedicated techs who make slightly more than minimum wage is absurd. I am not here to complain about the pay however, my issue is about the lack of staffing and general labor standards violations that occur daily. CVS employees are discouraged from taking breaks, they are expected to stay overtime and not get compensated for it!!!!! It is a modern day sweat shop and someone needs to stand up. If my mother didn't need the benefits, she would.

Sandy in Nelsonville, Ohio

31 months ago

It's not just CVS, it's everywhere. The pharmacy manager and store manager get bonuses for keeping the hours down, so they're working your mom to death to pad their pockets.

Michelle in Starkville, Mississippi

31 months ago

I am currently studying to become a pharmacy technician and after reading these reviews, I feel kind of stupid for choosing that field. The community college here had nothing that excited me and that's why I chose it. (Classes online and an internship.) I have friends that studied to be a nurse's assistant and they told me of their experiences of being treated like crap by their superiors. The reviews here sound similar to their stories and Im shocked at the many horrible experiences. I am currently a house mom and my husband has a wonderful job, but I want something more than that, for me. I am going to finish the course since its paid for, but I don't want to feel like a failure because I don't want to even put myself in the situations many of you went through. I know I cant base my life on the experiences of others, but with 80% of them being bad, I don't know what to do :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

knaz in Houston, Texas

31 months ago

Michelle in Starkville, Mississippi said: I am currently studying to become a pharmacy technician and after reading these reviews, I feel kind of stupid for choosing that field. The community college here had nothing that excited me and that's why I chose it. (Classes online and an internship.) I have friends that studied to be a nurse's assistant and they told me of their experiences of being treated like crap by their superiors. The reviews here sound similar to their stories and Im shocked at the many horrible experiences.

Michelle, don't let this forum/posts discourage you. I read them often when I am seeking to know more about a certain field. You could pick ANY career that is on these boards and they'll all be complaining. Just as your friend's nurse assistant job. Just keep doing what you are doing, you'll be fine. And for the love of it all, be thankful your husband has a great job!

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.