Best places to work for?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 212 of 212)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

Michelle in Starkville, Mississippi

29 months ago

knaz in Houston, Texas said:

PLEASE don't me misunderstood. I am VERY GRATEFUL, as I understand some people can't get a half decent job. After I posted my comment, I thought about it a while, and I understand not all jobs will be peaches and cream. (That's how it is when you're not your own boss!) It was just overwhelming because this is the first I've ever seen so many negative reviews about a career that is supposed to be so rewarding. This was also my first visit on indeed.com. I had no interest in pursuing a career in retail because I know about that kind of environment and I'm not going to set myself up for failure! I am still going to pursue my career and when (not if) I get my positive experience, I will post it on here. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Combo in Tallahassee, Florida

29 months ago

BIRD25 in Mesquite, Texas said: HOW DID YOU GET FUNDED PROGRAM TO TRAIN AS A PHARMACY TECHNICIAN THROUGH CVS? I WENT TO A FEW WALGREENS BUT NO LUCK YET. IAM VERY INTERESTED IN BECOMING A PHARMACY TECH, ANY POINTERS

go to school. see online courses, they are there for your benefit

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ExWalgreens in Suffolk, Virginia

29 months ago

Tom C in Interlochen, Michigan said: I currently have been a Pharmacy Tech for Walgreens for the past 8 months. They are a shiite operation. Staffing is kept to a minimum. Patients wait a long time for their prescriptions, most but not all Pharmacists have no sense of urgency. They cut winter hours without advising employees in Pharmacy. Some full time techs are getting 16 hrs per week. Walgreens does not care at all about their employees. All future Pharmacy Techs, get some experience at a Walgreens or CVS and then go to a large health facility or hospital where you will be paid a living wage. Walgreens is the WalMart of the Pharmacy industry, poverty wages and little to no chance of advancement. In short, basically a dead-end job that sucks the life out of most of its employees.

I worked at Walgreens for 15 months and trust me, it never gets better. My store was 24 hours and right next to an ER, so we were constantly busy, minimum staff, no breaks, HIPAA laws broken constantly. In all of my time working there I recieved maybe 4 lunch breaks and after my first year, I was given a "cost of living raise" of 25 cents, then given an "annual raise" of 8 cents. This was beyond insulting to me. After the ESI contract was dropped, I found a new job at Target in the Pharm. I was the first person from my Walgreens to leave, after me 2 other techs and a pharmacist went to walmart, and they fired 2 more techs so now the 24 hour store has 3 technicians, and each gets about 35 hours a week.

About Target:
I get paid $1 more/hour at Target than I did in my final wages at Walgreens. For every >6 hour shift I work, I have a paid 15 minute break; 6-7 hr shift, unpaid 30 min lunch and 1 paid 15 min break; <7 hours, 2 paid 15 min breaks and 1 unpaid 30 min lunch. Target treats their employees VERY well and I am a happy employee. I suggest finding a job at Target if possible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lil in Detroit, Michigan

22 months ago

Been a tech in Chicago for a little over 10 years. It's a very stable job, benefits are great (10% off stocks?), the part that sucks is how constantly the hrs are cut, so you can end up working five days and barely even meet ,40 hrs. from what I understand, walgreens' system far exceeds that of cvs. the huge part is flexibility - if your store cannot meet your schedule expectations, you can find hrs at a different location to make up whatever is missing. No OT is a minus. I usually dont take my 2 15 mins strictly because we're busy and I feel bad, not because nobody 'lets' me. I've yet to come across a jerk for a pharmacy manager that'll hold back an employee from taking their legally allowed breaks. maybe I've just been fortunate. I would gladly stay with walgreens if it wasn't for the weird schedules, hours cut, and the extreme stress, sometimes from customers, more from some incompetent employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Gigi in Lanham, Maryland

13 months ago

Upjohn252 in Miami, Florida said: You have no idea what a life of misery you are embarking on. Even if your technician training program was FREE it is still not worth it. If you feel like paying $14,000 to come out and work for $12 an hour thats your problem. I promise you you will regret it.
Study something else that will pay more and is more respected. Do not let schools fool you into thinking that a career as a pharmacy technician is rewarding. It is not. It is damn near slavery. Please read my posts above. After 18 years of doing this I am poor and broke. Just please think this over.

After working for CVS for 6months now as a pharmacy tech. I'll def. say being a technicians isn't a job you want to do for the rest of your life. If you go to places like costco or kaiser you'll get like 17-$20 an hour. But CVS may very well start u off at 9.50 like they did me. Thank God i'm studying to be a Dr. Of Pharmacy. I couldn't remain a tech all my life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tony

13 months ago

I agree with the person who said You do not have to go to pharmacy school to work in a pharmacy. Walgreens will require you to become certified (within a year of hire, i belive) and they pay for it. Plus, once you complete Walgreens on the job Pharmacy Tech training, you can get college equivalency credit for what you learned.

barbarasw in Fort Myers, Florida

12 months ago

On the job tech training can be really bad when it comes time to taking the test. My sister is a pharmacy technician and she did on the job training at Walgreens and when it came time to take the test she was so unprepared and felt like she didn't know anything. It's better to go to a certified school, I'm looking into PharmTec (www.pharmtec.com). It's taught by pharmacists, so you still are getting all of the necessary information, but you get to focus on learning what you need to know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Seriousaboutthis in Markham, Illinois

12 months ago

Kam in Toronto, Ontario said: Just wondering i was thinking about becoming a pharmacy assistant can anyone tell me if there is alot of math involved in this program? My math skills are very weak. Any help would be appreciated. Please reply soon b4 I enroll in this program and waste my time in something i may not be able to do. Thanks

Honestly the math portion is not that hard and I have "severe" (in my own terms" math anxiety. All you need to do is practice, practice, and practice some more until you get good at it. Don't get discouraged early on and push through. And do not be afraid to ask for help and there are plenty of youtube tutorials and websites and books to assist you. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

phardream in Indio, California

7 months ago

cpht pharm tech in Fresno, California said: I have been a certified pharm tech for over 2 years with CVS (hate it) just recieved an opportunity for a f/t permanent position in a state prison pharmacy. Want to know what the hours of operation generally are for a prison pharmacy?

hi! i have an interview for prison phar tech this coming week. can you give me an idea of how the interview is? is it panel? sample of questions asked? how is it working prison? do you like the job better than retail?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ANON in Washington, District of Columbia

3 months ago

Just an FYI Cvs is still a horrible company. Go the other way its really not worth it. If you do work there, just stay long enough to get some experience, learn everything, get your license since its free and go...

skyrockets in San Francisco, California

1 month ago

Hi I work at Walgreens worst job I ever had in my entire life and I'm in my late 20's. I don't know how employees keep working there. There is no respect for anyone and it seems like no one has a heart. I dread going to work. I called off work the other day.

skyrockets in San Francisco, California

1 month ago

I am grateful I have job, however the job is so shi**y I think sometimes I rather be homeless than go back to work

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.