Best places to work for?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 222 of 222)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

barbarasw in Fort Myers, Florida

33 months ago

On the job tech training can be really bad when it comes time to taking the test. My sister is a pharmacy technician and she did on the job training at Walgreens and when it came time to take the test she was so unprepared and felt like she didn't know anything. It's better to go to a certified school, I'm looking into PharmTec (www.pharmtec.com). It's taught by pharmacists, so you still are getting all of the necessary information, but you get to focus on learning what you need to know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Seriousaboutthis in Markham, Illinois

32 months ago

Kam in Toronto, Ontario said: Just wondering i was thinking about becoming a pharmacy assistant can anyone tell me if there is alot of math involved in this program? My math skills are very weak. Any help would be appreciated. Please reply soon b4 I enroll in this program and waste my time in something i may not be able to do. Thanks

Honestly the math portion is not that hard and I have "severe" (in my own terms" math anxiety. All you need to do is practice, practice, and practice some more until you get good at it. Don't get discouraged early on and push through. And do not be afraid to ask for help and there are plenty of youtube tutorials and websites and books to assist you. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

phardream in Indio, California

27 months ago

cpht pharm tech in Fresno, California said: I have been a certified pharm tech for over 2 years with CVS (hate it) just recieved an opportunity for a f/t permanent position in a state prison pharmacy. Want to know what the hours of operation generally are for a prison pharmacy?

hi! i have an interview for prison phar tech this coming week. can you give me an idea of how the interview is? is it panel? sample of questions asked? how is it working prison? do you like the job better than retail?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ANON in Washington, District of Columbia

24 months ago

Just an FYI Cvs is still a horrible company. Go the other way its really not worth it. If you do work there, just stay long enough to get some experience, learn everything, get your license since its free and go...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

skyrockets in San Francisco, California

22 months ago

Hi I work at Walgreens worst job I ever had in my entire life and I'm in my late 20's. I don't know how employees keep working there. There is no respect for anyone and it seems like no one has a heart. I dread going to work. I called off work the other day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

skyrockets in San Francisco, California

22 months ago

I am grateful I have job, however the job is so shi**y I think sometimes I rather be homeless than go back to work

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Certified Pharmacy Technician in Chico, California

18 months ago

I currently work at Target as a Certified Pharmacy Technician and they treat the Pharmacy Technician's like crap! I am interviewing with a lot of hospital pharmacies. I can't wait to get out of Target. I would not suggest that any Pharmacy Technician work for them. They don't hire full-time employees, and they don't hire part time either. You are considered variable hour employee and if you don't get 31 hours a week on average for the year, you don't qualify for benefits. Target averages the hours worked every year and if you have benefits one year and average less than 31 hours the next year, you don't qualify for benefits. I think it is a scam because they will cut your hours if you are getting close to qualifying for benefits. I can't wait to get out of the Target pharmacy!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

ExWalgreens in Suffolk, Virginia said: I worked at Walgreens for 15 months and trust me, it never gets better. My store was 24 hours and right next to an ER, so we were constantly busy, minimum staff, no breaks, HIPAA laws broken constantly. In all of my time working there I recieved maybe 4 lunch breaks and after my first year, I was given a "cost of living raise" of 25 cents, then given an "annual raise" of 8 cents. This was beyond insulting to me. After the ESI contract was dropped, I found a new job at Target in the Pharm. I was the first person from my Walgreens to leave, after me 2 other techs and a pharmacist went to walmart, and they fired 2 more techs so now the 24 hour store has 3 technicians, and each gets about 35 hours a week.

About Target:
I get paid $1 more/hour at Target than I did in my final wages at Walgreens. For every >6 hour shift I work, I have a paid 15 minute break; 6-7 hr shift, unpaid 30 min lunch and 1 paid 15 min break; <7 hours, 2 paid 15 min breaks and 1 unpaid 30 min lunch. Target treats their employees VERY well and I am a happy employee. I suggest finding a job at Target if possible.

I work at Target as a Certified Pharmacy Technician, and I would NOT! suggest that anyone work there. They don't give the Technician's enough hours to qualify for benefits, and the Target that I work at is under staffed, overworked, and the Pharmacy Manager told us that they are not hiring any more technicians. I know for a fact that none of the technicians at the Target pharmacy I work in get benefits or enough hours to get benefits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

saynotocvs in Michigan City, Indiana said: Stay with Walgreens or another drug store but DO NOT, I REPEAT, NOT WORK FOR CVS IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR SANITY AND YOUR DIGNITY!!!

Don't work for Target either. They treat their employees like dirt. You are over worked, underpaid, and don't get enough hours to qualify for benefits. I would suggest a medical center pharmacy, or a hospital pharmacy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

techbites83 in Woodbridge, Virginia said: COSTCO PHARMACY PAYS WELL BUT THEIR CONDOR SYSTEM DO SUCKS! DRUGS CHEAP CAUSE THEY'RE FOREIGN MADE. VERY OLD- FASHION COMPANY.

CVS /PHARMACY SUCKS MORE...UNETHICAL COMPANY TO WORK FOR.

WALGREEN'S HANDS DOWN BEST SYSTEM BUT EXPENSIVE DRUGS...PAY/DRIVE THRUS SUCKS...NO TECH HELP...GOODBYE TRICARE/EXPRESS SCRIPTS

TARGET PDX OH HELL NO WELCOME TO THE 1990S

WALMART IS A BIATCH. RUDE AND CHEAP CUSTOMERS.

RETAIL SUCKS.

The Target pharmacy that I work at SUCKS, but they do have a great pharmacy program on the computer called the apx / eps program. I believe that this is the most current version of the pharmacy computer program out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

axburr in Fairfield, Ohio

17 months ago

Certified Pharmacy Technician in Chico, California said: The Target pharmacy that I work at SUCKS, but they do have a great pharmacy program on the computer called the apx / eps program. I believe that this is the most current version of the pharmacy computer program out there.

I have never been to a Costco pharmacy, but I know the Kroger that is near me sucks. They take way too long to do anything and have so many techs there that it is ridiculous on how awful their hours are. I work at walgreens and I'm certified and started at $10.50. I just became a senior tech and I think I get a $1 raise. The pay isn't the greatest in Ohio but I would much rather work there than any other pharmacy. The environment is great there (depending on which walgreens you work at anyway). I have been to Meijer, Target, and Walmart and the ones around me seem cheap and outdated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cf3001atyahoodotcom in Lancaster, California

17 months ago

Hi everyone. If you're a pharmacy tech for a retail chain store. Please email to show you how to make the easiest income you could ever make. Guaranteed. Author name is my email address

Andrew in Fairbanks, Alaska

17 months ago

I like working at Wal-Mart. I made it to full time in 8 months by transferring to a store that needed people and since I was certified I received a pay raise. Honestly a lot of your experience depends on the pharmacist - some pharmacists are good to work with, others are terrible to work with. The customers are pretty ghetto but as long as you have good customer service skills they are mostly decent.

Techie in Muskegon, Michigan

16 months ago

Walgreens was horrible to work for. I was only there for 4 months, but it was awful. I dreaded going into work. It wouldn't have been so bad if my co-workers hadn't been so cliquey with a high-school mentality. Then, they cut my hours to literally nothing. I was not scheduled for 3 weeks, and that's when I quit. They claimed it was because they were down thousands of prescriptions compared to the previous year. On top of that, I felt I couldn't ask any questions because I'd be constantly judged. One of the techs was a complete psycho-how she kept her job I'll never know. She was rude to patients, never smiled, and just generally unpleasant. I would not recommend ever working for Walgreens.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

PharmSlave in Bellflower, California

15 months ago

Minimum wage for the win!

Will189 in New York, New York

14 months ago

Guys I understand! In New York City, you might be able to negotiate 12 dollars an hour starting at a private retail pharmacy given you have experience. With the cost of living in this city, that sums up to garbage. At big chains, you will get 8 dollars an hour or whatever is minimum wage to start. Here's the thing, pharmacy tech is not a "career" job. I am PTCB certified and the treatment we receive is unacceptable and I agree with those who commented about establishing unions. Sure, hospital pharmacies are a whole lot better because you are protected by a union in a lot of cases, but there is no upward mobility in this position. You are the designated pharmacist's servant for the rest of your career. So my advice is the following: either go back to school and become a pharmacist, or get your master's degree or better in anything that is best for you. A bachelor's degree now-a-days everyone has. And while a master's degree or PHD does not guarantee upward mobility, trust me you are better off with one than without it in the workforce as it simply makes you more marketable and shows you have the competence and capacity to excel in a given field. So for those of you that can go back to school, it's time to go back and if you are already in school or studying and working at the same time, keep it up. Of course, not everyone can simply go back to school so my advice to you is the following: either find some way to unionize in the retail sector which I'm sure will be difficult but anything is possible, try and get into a hospital, or simply try and find another job or trade where the conditions and pay are better. I currently am 28 years old, quit my retail pharmacy job after ten years experience in the pharmacy game(which gave me so much power somehow) and I am about to graduate with my bachelor's in history and pursuing my master's right after and as far as PHD, maybe I'll get that too. Note: IT, Nursing radiology- related fields etc. only 2-4 years of school, good too

Will189 in New York, New York

14 months ago

People please read my earlier post and if you are about to get into a pharmacy tech job, DO NOT DO IT! Save yourself the misery if you have the choice!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bill Riddly in Seneca, South Carolina

6 months ago

I am a new employee as CVS. for the orientation..they gave me the run around ..sent me on the wrong day..had me drive all over...if you don't kiss booty the other employees try to get you fired. You say something they don't like ..they change your schedule ..and don't tell you..to get you to drive to work and have to go home....they only care about speed....don't really want you fraternizing with customers any more than necessary..and are chronic liars. ..everything is tit for tat...and you better watch out..Ill get ya..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Angela in Phoenix, Arizona

5 months ago

It seems to me that the retail pharmacy field really is terrible. I worked for Walgreens 18 yrs as a pharmacy tech. It used to be pretty ok to work for Walgreens, but probably the last ten years it's just gone down hill. There is absolutely no respect. The phrase crap rolls down hill is very true. If your store manager or rxm or staff pharmacist is stressed then they will surely take it out on you. I saw many ppl come and go, I saw them get treated badly, heck I got treated badly, but I just dealt with it. I lost my husband and my golden retriever to cancer within the past 18 months and I just felt being tortured every day is not a way to live your life, so even tho I don't have much, I quit my job and I'm praying to find something that doesn't degrade me or others. Stay away from retail pharmacy it's bad for the soul.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

harold slate in Cumming, Georgia

2 months ago

the queen in Covington, Georgia said: I've been excepted for 2 job interviwe one in Riverdale, Ga and ellenwood,Ga and I dont know what store will be best fro me . I went o school for Pharamcy Techynician and I'm also Natioanl Certified technician and registerd. I'm just hoping that they pay me for my experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so hi.... I've heard a lot about walmart pay but nothing about Publix or CVS...what's the pay range?

lex in Beaumont, Texas

2 months ago

maria lopea in Centreville, Virginia said: cvs is the worst place to work at you will not be train properly and they will except you to the job of ten tech..the pay is crappy!

Agreed. Stay the F**k away from these people. My first day, nobody helped me successful work those computers as a tech. Everybody would walk off like it was nothing.

unappreciated_technician in Waukesha, Wisconsin

1 month ago

Melanie C in Brooklyn, New York said: So I use to be in the same boat as all of you or most of you! But only difference is I slaved away @ Duane Reade. @ first when they promoted me I received 7.50, what da **** is that? Its ok I am in school. But after being certified all I got was 10.00 which eventually raised to 12.40 retail is garbage! Pharmacists think they are above the law and they are lazy! They won't even answer the phone, or counsel patients! As for the lunch break thing that happened to some of my co-workers but I wud always threaten to call NY1 lol. I finally left that abusive job and I am now a medical receptionist making $16 an hr . Techs deserve justice and our starting pay shud be 12.50 and hr! When they regulate it so that we have to be certified then and only then will they respect us.

wow you had it better than I do. I have been working at CVS as a certified technician for 23 months. Started at 10.00/hr got one raise to 10.50. They just hired a new technician who is NOT certified and had 0 experience and his starting salary is 11.00/hr. I am supposed to be receiving my 2 year review next month and I asked my boss about a raise and he said there is nothing they can do because they are changing their raise policy so it will go to the techs who perform the best work. Despite the fact that my pharmacy manager tells me I am the second best technician (right behind the lead tech who has 10 years of experience) I will most likely not get a raise because it wil go to her (even though she already makes 17.00/hr) CVS is horsehit. Luckily I just got a job at Childrens Hospital AND Pro Health Hospital so I will be making about 16.50/hr now.

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.