Boston Reed Pharmcay Tech Class??

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 126 of 126)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

lola in Burlingame, California

42 months ago

valentina in San Jose, California said: Hi, can you email me about the having to take an exam at cvs and thenbecoming a pharmacy tech?
romevalered@yahoo.com

cvs only hires techs that are nationaly certified and prefer hiring within.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

amanda in Redding, California

42 months ago

I am thinking about starting this class in aug. any suggestions? I have previous pharmacy experience, should i just study and take the test? please email me!!! thank u! amandaswetlnd@sbcglobal.net

amanda in Redding, California

42 months ago

oops! amandaswetland@sbcglobal.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tracy in Mill Valley, California

41 months ago

I was planning to take this course in San Leandro, however this is not enough good feed back about Boston Reed to make me give the 2k, Wow these sites can make or break a business. Thanks for the info

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

forrst in Westminster, California

41 months ago

CeMx in Bakersfield, California said: I'm considering taking a Pharmacy tech course in Delano, Ca. but all this negative feed back is really making me reconsider my decision to take the course. 3000 dollars is a lot of money to me since i make barely 8.40 an hour. I'm assuming the course isn't perfect but does it supply you with all the necessary supplies to learn all that's necessary to become a dependable intern at a pharmacy? Cause I'm sure that's where most of the learning will take place.

Hi there,

Just a suggestion from me to you..i didn't have to go to school, I enrolled with PennFoster study online, and i just passed my exam last week. All comes down is your patient; perseverance and determination...SAVE your money..

Anonymous in Fair Oaks, California

41 months ago

If you already have experience, then you just need to study for the exam.

amanda in Redding, California said: I am thinking about starting this class in aug. any suggestions? I have previous pharmacy experience, should i just study and take the test? please email me!!! thank u! amandaswetlnd@sbcglobal.net

valentina in Concord, California

41 months ago

how are you guys paying for the classes? i want to take a class, is there any finacial aid you are having?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lizeth in Hayward, California

37 months ago

Stephen in San Francisco, California said: Im currently attending boston reed and love it. However keep in mind if it wern't for our teacher it would probably be terrible... He has really opened our mind to how many jobs are out there, not just hospital and retail pharmacy's.

From my short time on this board, I can tell there are a lot of bitter people on this board. Probably a lot people who look on job boards all day, then come here and complain when no one calls them back. Then there are some who truly go out to look and still have no luck... Just remember looking for employment is a full time job.

My wife really got me intrigued in pharmacy.. She did ROP 2 years ago and has been working in a hospital making over $22/hour as a tech. You have to be willing to start at a walmart, wal greens or CVS part time even though the pay could be better, future employers or looking for experience.

Take everything on this board with a grain of salt. Most people expect to pass a class or take a test and expect to make $20/hour.. It would be nice if it worked like that...

Hello Stephen. Can you tell me a little more about where you took the class and the name of your instructor? I have been looking into taking a pharmacy tech class for about 1 year now but all the review I read on almost every school are terrible. I've considered doing it online through one of the state or community colleges in my area but some people I have talked to say it might be too hard to do on your own with the math. Do you agree? Also, what else you can do besides hospital and retail pharmacy? Thank You.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

marsha williams in Sherman, Texas

36 months ago

hi i am thinking about attending boston reed here in texas for clinica medical assisting is it accredited?? I am afraid that I will be wasting my time if it is not because i am going to go on the aama board for my certification and i want to do my rma as well so if anyone can give me a lil feed back it would be greatly appreciated.

Cjmoorishprincess@yahoo.com in Franklinville, New Jersey

35 months ago

It's all about job placement. If you can't find anyone that said they became employed then great!
They are there to give you education only and unfortunately if that's crappy than you will never get a job
Regardless if they ate accredited or certified or not!
I am not familiar with Boston Reed but I know many schools are being looked to regarding job placement
chronicle.com/article/Job-Placement-Problems-Could/129862/

dee in Oakley, California

35 months ago

Everyone is talking about the math. What kind of math? I don't want to start something I can't finish.

L in Redding, California

33 months ago

WARNING!!!! About Boston Reed program! I'm posting to let all student that are interested in the Boston Reed program to watch out! This college is crap. I recently sign up for the pharmacy tech program about 3 weeks ago. After signing up the representative on the phone "Marie" did not mention anything about the fee that they were going to keep if I decided to cancel the program. She said I can hold a slot for my spot if I deposit $645 dollar. Well I was hesitat to sign fearing if anything comes up and if I couldn't make the class if I would get my full refund back. So I ask her if I would get my full refund back if I cancel it, she said yeah. As long as you cancel the class before the a week before the class starts. After Marie told me that I didn't sweat, I mean as long as I cancel it a week before than I should be ok to get a full refund. I proceeded to sign on after I got that question cleared up. So without hesitation insigne up.
What a mistake that was! after a week after signing up I had change of plan and had some family matter that came up. I couldn't go thru with the program. It was a month and a week before the program had started when I decided to cancel it. I call Boston Reed and a rep pick up after several tries. The rep had no idea where I could go to get a refund. She seem confuse. She probably didn't want to deal with me so she gave me Shasta college number and told me to call Shasta college downtown site. I did and a gentleman pick up. He was confuse that said that they are dwn town campus but they do not deal with refunds. He said that PassWay handles refund. So he gave me their number. I call PassWay and along and behold they did not seem to be knowlegeable about handling any refund. They were clueless in regards with any of these issues. The lady said they don't handle refunds in their facility. She said the person that I would have to talk to would be Boston Reed facility. I was frustrated. They can take your $ but dnt want to refund it to u.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

L in Redding, California

33 months ago

The posting is limited on word soo im going to continue..I finally call Boston Reed and another rep said she will transfer me to "Wendy" who was a customer service manager. Well I talk her several time she did not pick up, it went straight to her voice mail. I left messages on her inbox and even email her. She didn't even return anything. Well after days and weeks of trying to get a hold of her, I decided to try again and finally she pick up. I told my situation about trying to call one person to the next about the cancelation of the program and she said she will send me to another rep. After the line didn't reach she had to deal with my issue. She said that I will get my refund but that they were going to keep the $200 dollar none refundable application fee. I WAS LIKE " What?!! No one told me about the $200 dollar non refundable fee.. If I woulda known that I would not even sign up! Well Wendy said she will listen to the recording(I guess everytime they pick up the phone we are being
recorded) well she said she will call me back after her lunch break or after she listen to the recording. this.
Got me off angry already trying to get my refund back and now they really ps me off saying that they are
keeping my $200. I ask Wendy to go ahead and listen to the recording because Marie specifically said I will get my full refund back. I'm literally writing this as it is happening right now! I'm waiting for the call back from
Wendy. Now that I thought about it I know why they don't want to tell the students how many people sigh up for
the classes fearing that they student will not make the deposit because they know that the $200 is easy money for them. Try asking them how many student sign up, they Will Not tell u that. They said it's confidential and
they cant give that information out. I dnt knw why they can't give it out, unless they have stuff to hide. I ask that
not sure if there was 3 or 4 student that sign up, but I didn't get any answers!! BEWARE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

G6 in Dallas, Texas

32 months ago

Stay away from this place. They are a non-credited institution which means you will not be able too find work after training cause employers want people who graduated from an accredited school. so you will more than likely have re-take your classes. I have a friend who went to BR for vocational nursing. They lied to her telling her that her classes were credited and transferable but was told different when she tried to enroll in a bridge program at a local J.c (L.v.n to R.n) she was told that the courses she took at BR would have too be taken over cause she didn't receive credit for them. She was devastated I felt so bad for her cause she spent over 20,000 to attend this school she have up her car,place and child too attend full time so she could make a better life for herself but got.burned. This school is on the bbb website and they have negative reviews for scamming folks and not teaching up to date info. Shame on BR!!!!! Stay away from this place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kayla B. in San Diego, California

31 months ago

techteacher in Escondido, California said: It sounds like it all depends on who you get as a teacher. Boston Reed has some really great teachers who actually care about the students. The new program has an all new set of books by a different author(s). I agree, the old book by Moini was full of errors and not relevant subject matter. As a teacher, I too was frustrated by the book and spent countless hours coming up with additional material to help my students. I NEVER just read the powerpoint lectures to students. I supplement the course material with relevant information and PRACTICAL tech knowledge. I come up with ideas to make labs more real life...like YES each student will actually have a calculation to do (each student a different dose but same idea) for the final involving making an IV. We make pretend prescriptions and set up a pharmacy store to practice choosing correct meds and preparing pharmacy labels....we do calculations for compounding and then actually grind tablets and come up with concentrations ...we make IVs learning sterile technique over and over not just once as the basic course allows.... I have been a hospital tech for over 20 years and I do have a degree from a prestigious university....so teaching math, while quite a challenge for some students to learn is a priority for my students. Anyone who needs help on these forums is welcome to contact me. Teachers, that includes you....I can offer hints and suggestions on how to make your class more FUN...first and foremost though is for the teacher to know the material inside and out....

Hello I would like to know if you're still teaching and where because I would like to sign up for a tech course but all the reviews I read are terrible or even if I were to sign up for the course if you could maybe do tutoring possibly? You can email me at KaylaBaylos18@yahoo.com thanks!

RxTeacher in Visalia, California

31 months ago

I'm very sad to hear that so many have had problems with Boston Reed. Just like "techteacher" said it looks like it depends on the instructor you get. I've been an instructor with them for almost 6 years. They recently rolled out a new curriculum and I am very proud of the material I teach to my students. I feel very confident that my students are prepared to enter the field. My best advice would be to seek out first hand experiences from students who took the course in your location. This way you can get a feel for that specific instructor.

May in Newark, California

31 months ago

TaiwanGirl in Newark, California said: I just finished my internship last week and took my PTCB yeasterday and PASSED! Yes, the text is difficult to wade through, but if you just use it as a reference book and focus on the CD in the back, that's where the knowledge comes from. And your internship teaches you a great deal of information as well. Boston Reed has been great to me! Whenever I needed something they did it right away and the people are wonderful to deal with. My instructor was experienced and guided us through the maze of the exams (by highlighting what pages the information that was on the test) and this helped a great deal with the tests. The tests helped me with my internship and helps you to focus on what you really need to know. YOU MUST BE GOOD IN MATH! Please, if math scares you this is not the profession for you. Having a professional and friendly persona also goes a long ways in your internship. There are many jobs out there but you must have your license in hand--at leat in California--and this currently takes about 60 business days. Boston Reed and Safeway get big thumbs up from me! I would highly recommend this program for anyone who is seriously contemplating a pharmacy program.

I have a question for you TaiwanGirl, so did you go to Newark adult school? If so who was your instructor??
I'm thinking about signing up but I'm so nervous

lol in Paramount, California

30 months ago

sdfdsfds

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

VeronikaD in West Covina, California

30 months ago

simple girl in SAN FRAN, California said: Lets see where do i begin? My teacher actually called me FAT on more then one occasion.I left class in tears
TEacher called me stupid in more ways then one
I think he has been fired since..BUT boston REED had NOTHING TO COMMENT ABOUT THIS!!

Oh my gosh how unprofessional from this instructor, he really should lose his teaching credential over these rude insensitive comments.. I am not a Pharm. Tech teacher, I have created many online courses for vocational medical programs.. I must agree with you, some course books are full of mistakes, confusing and plain worthless. Many mistakes in learning materials could been prevented if the publisher would have taken the time to review and proof read the material a second or third time by field professionals.. Sencondly, a good instructor would take all the tests first to check that the answer and questions match, make sure to correct the mistakes before handing any test to students. From the teachers point of view, I am sorry to hear that many of my fellow colleagues have failed you. From the course developers view, I blame the school for not providing you with adequate learning material and better course design. Regardless, there are many great teachers out there, and books for that matter on the subject, maybe Bosten Reed just needs to change books, or develope a better selection process hiring its instructors., including seating highly qualified field professionals on the panel. Change never comes easy, though maybe Bosten Reed's program will become less frustrating for its future students by listening to its students and be willing to review its practice and implement change.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Curious in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

28 months ago

Does anyone have anything good to say abour Boston Reed? Has anyone taken any Boston Reed ONLINE CLASSES?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bdiehl08 in Galt, California

23 months ago

I recently took the Pharmacy Tech program at Boston Reed. I was hesitant when signing up because of all the bad reviews. I have been very happy with my experience up until now. I have been out since Dec. 3rd and they have yet to find me and extern and also i know another girl in my class hasnt either.. My teacher was wonderful and if you do take the class i recomment taking Kim Gonzalez. Its a good course for your money but again after you might have to find your own extern! At this point im going to take my certification and hopefully find a job since you dont need to take the class to even get certified.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cpht. in Worcester, Massachusetts

23 months ago

shza in manteca, California said: Hi, i am deciding whether i should attend a Boston Reed Pharmacy Tech course, which is about a 7 month program, or Enroll in a regular vocational school in town thats been around for a while and the course is about 4 months. I was wondering if anybody has taken the Boston Reed Course or has any knowledge of it; Do you suggest taking the Boston Reed Course? or should i stick with A normal school In town? THanks

Take an online class. They are cheaper, faster, and you don't need a formal class to get certified. Contact jamieegermana@yahoo.com , she can set you up with n online school.

Rklb09 in El Sobrante, California

23 months ago

How long do I have to do the extern?
I started class Sept 2011 and ended Feb 2012 but didnt get to do the extern until Dec 31. Tomorrow's my last day. I called Boston Reed Sept 2012 and my coordinator said that I cant do the extern anymore because it's been over a year. And i remember my teacher told us that we have one year to do the extern prior to the graduation date. So wth is this coordinator telling me?! She's basically saying that on the first day of school I can actually do the extern?! Doesnt make sense at all! And she gave me the in class diploma without warning me that once i get it, i have no connections with them anymore. Wth..

kyle in Redding, California

18 months ago

Mii in Livingston, California said: YOU ALL DO KNOW THAT BOSTON REED IS NOT ACCREDITED, DON'T YOU? THAT COULD BE ONE REASON WHY THEY'RE SO REASONABLY PRICED.THESE CLASSES ARE TAUGHT AT ADULT SCHOOLS, AT LEAST IN CALIFORNIA THEY ARE. YOU CAN'T TRANSFER ANYTHING TO ANY OTHER INSTITUTION!!

I KNOW IN OAKLAND THE PT CLASS IS TAUGHT AT A HOSPITAL FACILITY WHICH IS MORE PROFESSIONAL AND THE INSTRUCTORS ARE REAL PHARMACISTS.

IT IS GOOD TO KNOW THAT AN EXTERNSHIP IS PROVIDED BY THE SCHOOL BUT IT WOULD BE BETTER IF THE SCHOOL WAS ACCREDITED.

Okay first off you dont know anything that is obvious!
Boston reed is a privately owned college that is accredited! look it up on there website! I am currently in the boston reed Pharmacy tech program, and I am the only guy in my class. I currently have the best grade, It is a lot of studying and you have to really apply yourself!. IF THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT TO DO THEN GO WITH BOSTON REED! In california boston reed is very well known. If you and another person are applying for a job, If they see you went to boston reed and the other went to some other place they will hire you 99% of the time. Because you go through a whole 5 month program. Then when your done you do an externship for 120 hours apply for your license (you dont have to take a test) just pay $80 and you get it then you start working. and everyday there is places looking for pharmacy techs!!

Barbara in Virginia in Winchester, Virginia

18 months ago

Go to at least one elementary level English class while you're at it. You have at least three errors in this one little paragraph. You wouldn't work in my Pharmacy no matter what institute your piece of paper said you attended. We ARE talking education here.

PTCBEASY in San Francsico, California

5 months ago

Hello, If you are struggling passing the PTCB exam or scared need that extra assurance, you are not alone! I have been there! I'm happy to help! I noticed many books out there make it harder than it needs to be! You don't need a tutor! All you need is the right tools to pass the exam! I spent countless hours of hard sweat work to find the right tools that made it easy to understand. I passed the PTCB exam with flying colors on the first attempt! If you need help contact me at ptcbeasy@gmail.com

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.