Certified Pharmacy Tech in Illinois

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

dabearr in Naperville, Illinois

53 months ago

Hi guys,

I would like to know if it is necessary to attend school in order to get certified?

Here the application (#3)
"Proof of graduation from a pharmacy technician training program approved by a nationally
recognized accrediting body or documentation from the Pharmacist-in-Charge of the pharmacy
where you are employed verifying training as outlined in Section 1330.210(a) of the Rules for the Administration of the Illinois Pharmacy Practice Act."

www.idfpr.com/Renewals/apply/forms/PH-T.pdf

Where here didn't require you to attend school...
www.nhanow.com/pharmacy-technician/requirements/illinois.aspx

Please help me with this confusion.. some says yes and some says no...

And.. is Registered Pharmacy tech different from Certified Pharmacy tech?

Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Julia in Darien, Illinois

53 months ago

I am also in the same boat, my situation is

How to renew pharmacy technician license in the state of Illinois. My license expiry date is on 31 March 2012.

My license is still valid , Initial Issue date 01/25/2010 Expiry date 03/31/2012.

I got PTCB , pharmacy technician certified board certificate Initial Certification Date October 20,2010 Certification renewal date November 30,2012.

I applied to Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation this month, with my PTCB certificate, with $25 renewal fees this month.

They returned my application. They said that in addition to PTCB certificate, you must submit proof of pharmacy technician training.

My situation is that I am not currently working, and never worked in pharmacy. How Can renew my license of pharmacy technician. Anyone with same situation.

Waiting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.