Certified Pharmacy Tech - Seeking Contract Home-Infusion Employment, will relocate!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

VRose in Belle Glade, Florida

66 months ago

RE: Home-Infusion, Seeking Nationwide Employment

I have been a Certified Pharmacy Tech for a retail chain for about 10 months now. Today, because of the bad economy, I have been notified that my store will be closing, and I will be losing my job, since I do not have enough time with the retail chain, well, last in, first out...

I am seeking nationwide contract employment 1-6 months, full time. I am only seeking Home Infusion, IV, Hospital IV, etc. I have very little training in the world of home infusion, but I have been in a clean room, and since I have done some home infusion, I do have some aseptic technique knowledge. I am willing to be trained and learn, and willing to relocate to your area for short-term contract employment.

Some may ask why would I do such a thing? I can honestly say there are very few pharmacy tech jobs in my area, and I am willing to do what I need in order to survive and keep going. If I must relocate to a new area for a short time, then I will do just that. I am reliable, dedicated, and trustworthy, and very flexible plus I have a clean background :)

with a 30 day advanced notice, I will be able to obtain any registration info if need for your state while your company completes background check, hiring procedures, and misc procedures.

Thank-You

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mickey in Grand Rapids, Michigan

66 months ago

Pharmacy Technician II
Company: Spectrum Health
Salary: Not Specified Category: Healthcare / Nursing Date Posted: 01/30/2009 Travel Required: Not Specified Security Clearance: No Work Type: Any Job Description
Title: Pharmacy Technician II
Entity: Spectrum Health Infusion Pharmacy Services
Pay Rate: 12. 00 - 16. 20
Job Description: Pharmacy Tech II - Infusion Pharmacy Services
Full Time, Mon - Fri
Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Pharmacist, provides technical assistance in the preparation and charging of medications and supplies. Enters, processes, and interprets physician orders as assigned. Delivers medications and supplies to patient care areas. Mixes complex sterile products, using aseptic technique.
Requirements: High school diploma. National Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT) through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) required.
Prior experience in pharmacy preferred. Pharmacy program externship. Associate Degree and successful completion of ASHP Basics of Aseptic Compounding Technique Video Training Program/DVD if applicable are preferred.
Excellent written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills. Time management and organizational skills. Self directed. Independently mobile. Ability to make quality, independent decisions. Analytical and strong problem solving skills. Ability to work effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines, high volumes and multiple interruptions.
Unique Requirements:
Area of Study: High School Diploma
Certification: -
FTE: 1. 0
Job Category: Pharmacy
Shift: First Shift
Site: Infusion Pharmacy Services
Days Available: Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Variable weekends
Employment Status: Full-Time
Shift Length: 8 hours

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mickey in Grand Rapids, Michigan

66 months ago

VRose in Belle Glade, Florida said: RE: Home-Infusion, Seeking Nationwide Employment

I have been a Certified Pharmacy Tech for a retail chain for about 10 months now. Today, because of the bad economy, I have been notified that my store will be closing, and I will be losing my job, since I do not have enough time with the retail chain, well, last in, first out...

I am seeking nationwide contract employment 1-6 months, full time. I am only seeking Home Infusion, IV, Hospital IV, etc. I have very little training in the world of home infusion, but I have been in a clean room, and since I have done some home infusion, I do have some aseptic technique knowledge. I am willing to be trained and learn, and willing to relocate to your area for short-term contract employment.

Some may ask why would I do such a thing? I can honestly say there are very few pharmacy tech jobs in my area, and I am willing to do what I need in order to survive and keep going. If I must relocate to a new area for a short time, then I will do just that. I am reliable, dedicated, and trustworthy, and very flexible plus I have a clean background :)

with a 30 day advanced notice, I will be able to obtain any registration info if need for your state while your company completes background check, hiring procedures, and misc procedures.

Thank-You

Pharmacy Technician II
Salary: Not Specified Category: Healthcare / Nursing Date Posted: 01/30/2009 Travel Required: Not Specified Security Clearance: No Work Type: Any Job Description
Full Time, Mon - Fri
Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Pharmacist, provides technical assistance in the preparation and charging of medications and supplies. Enters, processes, and interpret

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

VRose in Belle Glade, Florida

66 months ago

Mickey in Grand Rapids, Michigan said: Pharmacy Technician II
Full Time, Mon - Fri
Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Pharmacist, provides technical assistance in the preparation and charging of medications and supplies. Enters, processes, and interpret

Thank-You for the info. This looks like full time only. I am only interested in Contract/Temp employment 1-6 months. If they willing to do this, then it would be another story.

Darrell Evans in Sterling Heights, Michigan

58 months ago

Hi i'm currently working for St. John Health System and lookin to better myself

Donna in Lynchburg, Virginia

49 months ago

VRose in Belle Glade, Florida said: RE: Home-Infusion, Seeking Nationwide Employment

Thank-You

There may be an opening in our chemo infusion pharmacy. I am always looking for possible candidates. As you already know infusion pharmacy is a specialized area with special training.

Have you already re-located. I realize this was posted some time ago.

Soprano in Forest, Virginia

41 months ago

Donna in Lynchburg, Virginia said: There may be an opening in our chemo infusion pharmacy. I am always looking for possible candidates. As you already know infusion pharmacy is a specialized area with special training.

Have you already re-located. I realize this was posted some time ago.

Donna: saw your reply to someone looking to relocate. I hope she found what she needs with the help of this forum.

I am writing to you for myself as you mentioned that you are "always looking for possible candidates." Live in Lynchburg, and currently commute to Roanoke. Working in IV lab, ChPT, LTC and retail experience. Love Infusion and would like to work closer to home. Is there a way to contact you?

Donna in Lynchburg, Virginia

41 months ago

If you have a resume, mail it to 1701 Thomson Dr. suite 200 Lynchburg va 24501

Soprano in Forest, Virginia

41 months ago

Donna in Lynchburg, Virginia said: If you have a resume, mail it to 1701 Thomson Dr. suite 200 Lynchburg va 24501

Thank you. Will mail one out today, and should I address to your attention?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.