DO NOT ENROLL IN ANY PHARMACY TECH SCHOOLS!! WASTE OF TIME!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 156)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

reece in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

30 months ago

I am interested in going to pharmacy tech school but working in the hospital.jefferson hospital ,nazareth,holy redeemer hospital
Question is its seems ever job wants you to have experience ? Im looking into community college they are 2x a week for 2 or 3 months but none have extership.

WE ARE LISTED AS # 23 ON LIST A WORST PLACES TO FIND A JOB HOW DO YOU GET OUT OF THIS LOOP HOLE?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Angelika22 in New York

30 months ago

I decided to buy some books and study them myself and take the exam in a month or two. I hope it works out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tim in Tahlequah, Oklahoma

30 months ago

Kyle in Lebanon, Oregon said: I am finding it hard to get a PhT job without some kind of formal training. Hospitals will not hardly talk to me after finding out that I have not yet received a formal education in PhT. Some hospitals actually require a Bachelor of Science just to be a Pharmacy tech.

A BS to fulfill Pharm Tech duties?...You must be joking...A Bachelors isn't needed EVEN in the hospital environment, let alone in retail...I can see someone who has a BS in Biology, or Chemistry, and for whatever reason didn't make it into medical school working as a pharm tech while trying to decide if pharmacy school (and a Pharm.D.) is worth it, but SERIOUSLY????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

tkit_easy in Brooklyn, New York

30 months ago

Angi..good luck. But, not easy. I tried and failed. I would suggest write mail to ptechsuccess@yahoo.com. After failing, I just got reference from this site and contact him. He was busy, but even his little guidance helped me a lot. He is so perfect that you would never fail exam. I am taking next week again. But, am so confident this time. I know medicines, laws, calcuations,almost everything. Try it Ny girl, it worked with me.He is busy though these days. Send mail though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tim in Tahlequah, Oklahoma

30 months ago

Angelika,

Just review your math related problems in a good review book, along with pharmacy law, and trade name-generic associations...You'll do fine...tkit_easy, Best of luck to you in your test...Think positive :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Angelika22 in New York

30 months ago

Thank you both for the encouragement, and tkit good luck on your exam as well.

ruby in Chapel Hill, North Carolina

29 months ago

kalila in Stanton, California said: im currently enrolled in a pharmacy tech program that is completely free here in orange county, ca. i am 2 classes away from being done.

i know what you mean by the schools being a scam...you can definitely get trained as a pharmacy tech at one of these community pharmacies..the only thing is for me personally my long term goal is to work in a hospital pharmacy as they get paid wayyyy more than a tech at cvs or walgreens. or even working at a long term care pharmacy mixing iv's etc.

no hospital is going to hire someone with no experience or education credentials.

theres a big difference between cvs/walgreens and working for an actual hospital pharmacy.

hope that info helps..

good luck to all

Do you know if any pharmacies will hire someone that is CPHT from other state before registering ca's? I am moving to ca next month and have applied some positions in ca, but none responded.

Poortech in East Setauket, New York

29 months ago

I live on long island NY. One of the highest cost of living areas. The problem is pay. The retail chain stores pay pennies. They start there tech at 8-9/hr. I have been a tech since 1987. Worked until went out on maternity leave in 1994. I was making 12/hr then and I hadnt had a raise since 1992. I went back to work in 2005 and was offered 11/hr in a small independent store. I took it to regain my experience. 5 years later I was making 15/hr in 2007 and then my pay was frozen. The store closed in 2010. I have been out of work since. Rite aid and CVS loved my credentials and experience. They offered me 8.75/hr. I earned that in 1989. I have 20 years experience and a family to support. The chain store allot x amount in salaries to the pharmacy. This is eaten up by the pharmacist salaries. The pennies left over are given to the remainder of the pharmacy help that does most of the work. Hospital jobs are difficult to get and there aren't many of them. The schools advertise 40k/yr. That is misleading because at 9/hr you are not making even half that. My advice based on my experience is
chose something else. There is no future for the pharmacy tech. If you want to be apart of it, go to pharmacy school. Pharmacist earn close to 100k/ year right out of school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

catgiveshope in Torrance, California

29 months ago

job corps is for free....... so you just have to be smart about it.... and plus not every store wants a unexperienced pharm tech.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lili12 in yankton, South Dakota

28 months ago

if there was one thing i would take back- going to pharm tech school. i really do believe i was scammed. when i was looking into school, it was only a year long&the school made it sound like a really cool career. WRONG. the whole program was a joke! they made us go into school, in the freezing cold snow at 7 in the morning...to learn how to count pills, and not even real pills, FREAKING M&Ms!! the teachers were clueless constantly getting everything wrong.i didn't even know that you weren't certified when you graduated...then what was the point of school!? then when that nightmare was over, it was internship time. i did mine at target& 'pharm tech' litterally means "pharmacist's slave" i would be running my ass off everyday while the pharmacist would be on her cell phone until she needed to council someone. and the other tech treated me like crap, always trying to suck up to the pharmacist for some unknown reason. the hospital hours sucked&none of the pharmacists even talked to the pharm techs, for once in my life i felt like the bottom of the barrel. this isn't an 'exciting career' and the best part? haven't even found a job yet even though pharm techs are apparently 'high in demand' ...where? i wish i had money to go back to school, to be more than someone's assistant.

pt uei in Riverside, California

28 months ago

Brian in Monrovia, California said: I am looking for a good pharmacy tech school that will not rip me off. Can You suggest any schools. How doyou feel about on-line courses?

uei i went here, great school. i learned alot and work at a county jail now. 202 $ an hr

mina in Duncan, South Carolina

28 months ago

@ lili12

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

If not counting "real pills" is an issue, the reason why "real pills" aren't available for your counting pleasures is because the school can't afford to purchase "real" pills to be used in a pharmacy program for counting purposes. They're costly and it's pointless to buy real drugs for counting purposes when pharmacies could be prescribing these drugs for patients' need instead. M&M's works just fine. It's not a big issue. I counted Smarties to beans to Sweet Tarts.

Like you, I, myself, didn't know that we weren't certified after the program. I didn't know we have to take a national exam to be certified but now a days, in order to get a position as a pharmacy tech, it is REQUIRED for individuals to complete a pharmacy program. That is the point of going to school even though you're not certified after you graduate. After that, you are then required to become nationally certified within a time period. Back in the days, like in 2000, however, you didn't need to complete a pharmacy program to become a pharmacy tech. You can just walk into a pharmacy and apply. It's different now.

I just think you had some very bad experiences. Mines were all good and I automatically got hired on the spot during my internship at a hospital. The pharmacists were nice and so were the pharmacy techs that I worked with it. I guess it depends on the pharmacy. We DO have some nasty people in this world, though, I wish you luck and hope you find a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Teacher in Hagerstown, Maryland

28 months ago

I run a certificate program at a community college. My students who finish the certificate and intern in hospitals have been finding better jobs then starting at a chain (starting at $15/hr). Still, before you start my program or any other, make sure you explore salaries and opportunities in your area.

As a working pharmacist as well as a teacher, I would suggest you go to several pharmacies and ask the pharmacist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

samantha in San Juan Capistrano, California

28 months ago

kalila in Stanton, California said: im currently enrolled in a pharmacy tech program that is completely free here in orange county, ca. i am 2 classes away from being done.

i know what you mean by the schools being a scam...you can definitely get trained as a pharmacy tech at one of these community pharmacies..the only thing is for me personally my long term goal is to work in a hospital pharmacy as they get paid wayyyy more than a tech at cvs or walgreens. or even working at a long term care pharmacy mixing iv's etc.

no hospital is going to hire someone with no experience or education credentials.

theres a big difference between cvs/walgreens and working for an actual hospital pharmacy.

hope that info helps..

good luck to all

hi i was wondering if you could tell me what school/courses you are taking in orange county? i currently live in orange county ca, and am looking around for somewhere good to go.

zeelani in Washington, District of Columbia

28 months ago

Hey Teacher in Hagerstown, MD, I live in DC and I was actually thinking about doing Penn Foster's online class for pharmacy technician just becuase the price is extremely cheap compared to other schools and it's self paced. I was just wondering if you could give me any information about your class as far as price, classes that I'll be taking, how long it is and if it is metro accessible. Thank you, oh and if you need my email because you might not want to post certain info on the forum just let me know.

DENLEE599 in Howard Beach, New York

28 months ago

Do not waste your money on any training course. I have been certified for 13 years and it still is not required by law or even cared about by most employers. If you are really interested just go apply to any neighborhood pharmacy or retail chain. They are all hiring inexperienced people for tech positions. Employers do not want to pay people like me....GOOD FOR YOU, sucks for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Tim in Tahlequah, Oklahoma said: You should have taken the PTCB exam...It is the ONLY national board test recognized by state boards of pharmacy (as in Texas, you have to be a CPhT to get a state license), not so in Oklahoma I'm afraid.

Problem really is that Board Certification is not required in any state to be employed. It should be a law, as it is with Pharmacists.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Poortech in East Setauket, New York said: I live on long island NY. One of the highest cost of living areas. The problem is pay. The retail chain stores pay pennies. They start there tech at 8-9/hr. I have been a tech since 1987. Worked until went out on maternity leave in 1994. I was making 12/hr then and I hadnt had a raise since 1992. I went back to work in 2005 and was offered 11/hr in a small independent store. I took it to regain my experience. 5 years later I was making 15/hr in 2007 and then my pay was frozen. The store closed in 2010. I have been out of work since. Rite aid and CVS loved my credentials and experience. They offered me 8.75/hr. I earned that in 1989. I have 20 years experience and a family to support. The chain store allot x amount in salaries to the pharmacy. This is eaten up by the pharmacist salaries. The pennies left over are given to the remainder of the pharmacy help that does most of the work. Hospital jobs are difficult to get and there aren't many of them. The schools advertise 40k/yr. That is misleading because at 9/hr you are not making even half that. My advice based on my experience is
chose something else. There is no future for the pharmacy tech. If you want to be apart of it, go to pharmacy school. Pharmacist earn close to 100k/ year right out of school.

WOW, we have almost the same exact story. I was making 16 an hour back in 2001, and walgreens offered me 9 dollars an hour. I made 10 dollars an hour when I started working as a non certified tech back in 1998. As like you they loved all I had to offer though. What a joke.

enna in Howell, New Jersey

27 months ago

lauren in Freehold, New Jersey said: try looking at community colleges in your area or vocational technical schools run by your county, not an outside company. votech schools are less expensive and courses usually go for around $450 (that was for a dental assisstant course, i know it's not the same but it is more extensive than pharm. tech.) for a full year of study and the community college in my area costs $800 for pharmacy tech. classes. much less expensive then those other schools and you know it's not a scam.

Hey Lauren,

I was wondering which school you went to around here? was it brookdale? and are you happy with your job?

Jacquelyn in Huntington Beach, California

27 months ago

hope that info helps..

good luck to all

Where are you taking your Pharmacy tech program?

Jacquelyn in Huntington Beach, California

27 months ago

hope that info helps..

good luck to all

Where are you taking your Pharmacy tech program?

Angeline in Houston, Texas

27 months ago

I went to pharmacy tech school in WA, and there you need to be schooled. Also, depending on where you work the pay is good. I know someone who makes about 20 bucks an hour. I guess it's just about location! I've also worked in NY and they just suck, but they are working on having the pharmacy techs be licensed, which I totally think is a good thing!

James in London, United Kingdom

26 months ago

Hello guys from over the other side of the pond, Does the US have an approved body for registration of Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians?

If so you probably need to check with them for approved courses and providers.

As for rates i concur that Pharmacy techs don't seem to be as recognised as an essential part of Pharamacy as Pharmacist do.

Good Luck to all of you that are studying to become techs.

pharmacy tech in San Jose, California

26 months ago

wizzy in Oneida, Tennessee said: Not all of the schools are scams i just went through one for pharm tech and it was great. My clinical site hired me right on at 13/hr not all are scams.

u got lucky, many do not have jobs or can find any... eventually they go back to their old jobs or don't pay the school back like my friend who skipped country, got married in phillipines, never came back

MsxDayDay in Lawrence, Massachusetts

26 months ago

I worked at CVS for 3 almost 4 years. I started at 9/hour in MA. 3 years later, I was at 9.45/hour because corporate decided they only want to give a 2% raise. So everyone who got hired after me, got paid 10/hour or more. Do the math, it would take me 5 years to make 10/hour. Luckily I got my state certification through CVS because of paid training but you have to work at least 6 months before you take the test. However, I kept searching for a better job and recently, I found one and negotiated my wage. Now I'm making 12/hour. All depends on how much you really want it. I wouldn't stay a tech forever, but I do plan on getting my national certification to audit or teach for a while. ALSO I'm almost done with my Bachelor's in English. ^_^ Yay me!

ADVICE: Do whatever it takes to get hired at CVS or Walgreens or Rite Aid. Stick it out for 6 months to get your free state certfication. See if they'll pay for national certification and get training for it (CVS gave me the workbooks to train for it for free). Then, look for a hospital tech job or audit or teach. I got an opportunity at a hospital starting at 14/hour with FULLLLLLL BENEFITS - visual, dental, 401k, everything but I had school. School always comes first. Don't forget. Good luck everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

gopi marugu in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

25 months ago

could you give me any university offering online pharmacy technician cource from canada

SA

24 months ago

I'm working at Walgreens as a tech trainee, registered with the state. I'm told when I pass my test, I will get a raise up to 12.50 per hour. I've worked in several jobs, from administration for the man to single ownership cna jobs. This by far is the WORST field you could get into. The pay is lousy, most but not all the pahrmacists treat you like dirt, and working for a retail chain is no different than walmart. I'm thoroughlly disgusted and am looking for another job. Oh and the "training" pfft...don't make me laugh, If you really want to do this, be a pharmacist in a hosptital and stay away from the retail chains

Prof. S in Miami, Florida

24 months ago

I run a pharmacy technician program. A lot cheaper than the schools and you get one on one attention. If you are interested contact me at mdnewsmiami@gmail.com
Our program is approved by the Florida State Pharmacy Board

24 months ago

zeelani in Washington, District of Columbia said: Hey Teacher in Hagerstown, MD, I live in DC and I was actually thinking about doing Penn Foster's online class for pharmacy technician just becuase the price is extremely cheap compared to other schools and it's self paced. I was just wondering if you could give me any information about your class as far as price, classes that I'll be taking, how long it is and if it is metro accessible. Thank you, oh and if you need my email because you might not want to post certain info on the forum just let me know.

Their program is cheap but is not approved by most states so dont waste your time unless you do not know anything about pharmacy and need all the help you can get. I do offer classes via Skype if you are interested. Prof.S

PharmacyTechIII in Fort Mill, South Carolina

24 months ago

CAP in Auburndale, Florida said: They are scams, because you dont have to go to school to be a pharmacy technician, all you have to do is take the goverment test, buy a pharmacy tech book and study it then take the test. I didnt pay for 1 day of school and passed the test with flying colors.

Ok, say a higher position is coming up, such as pharmacy buyer, pharmacy tech supervisor, etc... and they have a choice of you, with no education, and a tech with the AS degree. Unless you are a superstar who goes above and beyond, which by your attitude I'm guessing is no, then they will choose the degreed tech over you. The degree shows you are serious about your career and willing to meet the highest standard.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Josh Bravada in North Judson, Indiana

24 months ago

Totally! I know it's a scam cuz I tried it too! I am currently making some extra money with the free ebook at www.925departure.info and this ebook is legit and it's free. I don't know why they give away these ideas for free cuz nobody does, but it's helped me A LOT

24 months ago

Dahui in Miami, Florida said: do not waste your time going to school and waist 12k for it when you can study at home on line get the certification test and cost you 500 to 700 thats all!!!

I WENT TO SCHOOL MYSELF,GOOD LUCK!!

At home (online) is not valid in Florida unless it is one of the Florida Pharmacy Board approved programs. The best is to join an approved program like ours, we only charge $2,000 once you complete the program you can register with the board.

LC in Pasadena, California

24 months ago

hope that info helps..

good luck to all

Hi:)
I'm in california too, what school are you attending/ how is it free?
Also, how long did it take you.

LC in Pasadena, California

24 months ago

hope that info helps..

good luck to all

Hi:)
I'm in california too, what school are you attending/ how is it free?
Also, how long did it take you.

Rachel in Las Vegas, Nevada

24 months ago

robert safner in somers, Connecticut said: i was lucky becasue after i got laid off after 23 years of service i was able to go back to school under wia, worker ivestment act. so my 14 week course was free. i didn't pay for my 3 books either. we had a great teacher with 15 people in my class. i loved my class. and i passed the borad test as well as a nha exam. i am not having any luck finding my first job. i am working with the state of ct to find a job.

Hey Robert, I was looking into the WIA but I have been getting the run around. No one, and I spoke to at least 5 diff. ppl, from Unemployment and Job Connect, seem to know what the WIA is. Can u tell me what steps you took to get the WIA to work for you n pay for your schooling? Even the folks at the different schools that I interviewed new nothing.

TWHladyinLV in North Las Vegas, Nevada

24 months ago

The 2 grand course is real cheap as Tech schools go! Here in Las Vegas the schools are charging 20,000.00 for the 2 year program at the community college! I worked at UMCSN and they wouldn't even look at you if you didn't already have hospital experience! Not all hospitals are the same, but UMC is a level ONE Trauma Hospital. The work is long, grueling, and many new hires quit because they can't take the heat.
However, the beginning pay is upwards of 15.00/hour. At the end of my time there I was getting base pay of 25.40 (not including weekend and shift differential), We didn't have to pay into SS either (it being a county hospital), so you had a good fat paycheck every two weeks, AND vested in the retirement benefit after 5 years.
Of course my health suffered for the stress. I wound up with HBP, insomnia, ulcers, etc., I was in the upper 1% of pay for techs nationally. I was a Senior tech, buyer, IT trouble-shooter, you name it. Whatever happened on my shift I was held responsible for.
I REALLY get irritated at these posts from others here that say you can't make a career out of being a Pharmacy Tech! WRONG, WRONG, WRONG! I was a tech for 33 years, (still have my certification as a CPhT), and at 56 I am semi-retired and now have my own business (not pharmacy related). I've been certified for 15 years (Just received my gold pin), and I owe everything to the first hospital who hired me with no training (just three years of college as an Art major). When I quit work as a tech I was making more per year than my husband who has a Master's degree in Engineering (sad to say). I did work for several years as a retail tech, (before the CPhT came about in 95) after I passed the test I got hired right away at UMC in Lexington, KY (a great place to work I might add and also a Level ONE Trauma Hospital.
If you are ambitious and apply yourself there are MANY roles a tech can play in Hospital Pharmacy, buyer, tech Supervisor, Trainer, just to name a few.

cindy in Delano, California

23 months ago

Has anyone heard of career step? Is it worth going to for pharmacy tech?

Felicia in West Baden Springs, Indiana

23 months ago

wizzy in Oneida, Tennessee said: Not all of the schools are scams i just went through one for pharm tech and it was great. My clinical site hired me right on at 13/ hr not all are scams.

What place did you use?

Tony T. in Augusta, Georgia

23 months ago

I need more information regarding the training, Yahweh bless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lady Kisu in Bell, California

23 months ago

Okay please HELP D:
1. community college for Pharm Tech. >> So it isn't really require? cause i'm trying to get these classes for Pharm Tech. Bio/Math/English/Health/introduction to Anatomy and physiology those are required class. Is it unnecessary? and it goes by semester.

2. What do I need to do to work behind counter at a pharmacy? I know Pharm Tech. is not an easy job to find. Also I live in Cali so what is the requirements to work in a Pharmacy w/o going to college...?

3. I read everything on here and wanna know is i can just buy some Pharm. book and study it and take a test(where though?) and if i passed it i get CPHT and able to work?

Trying to help in San Jose, California

22 months ago

Lady Kisu in Bell, California said: Okay please HELP D:
1. community college for Pharm Tech. >> So it isn't really require? cause i'm trying to get these classes for Pharm Tech. Bio/Math/English/ Health /introduction to Anatomy and physiology those are required class. Is it unnecessary? and it goes by semester.

2. What do I need to do to work behind counter at a pharmacy? I know Pharm Tech. is not an easy job to find. Also I live in Cali so what is the requirements to work in a Pharmacy w/o going to college...?

3. I read everything on here and wanna know is i can just buy some Pharm. book and study it and take a test(where though?) and if i passed it i get CPHT and able to work?

Hi, I just took my PTCB exam on Monday and passed! However, during my process of studying for the exam I was COMPLETELY misinformed and COMPLETELY misguided! So, I am trying my best to share my knowledge to help others...

Considering you are in CA, I can safely say everything I will share will relate to you 100%.

#1 YOU DO NOT NEED ANY COMMUNITY COLLEGE PREP!!!!
#2 go here, www.pharmacy.ca.gov/forms/tch_app_pkt.pdf this is the official application to send to the CA state board of pharmacy in order to be a licensed technician. If you look on the 1st page under "QUALIFYING METHOD" you will see what qualifies you to apply to become licensed. So basically you could:
A- receive an AA in pharmacy tech (AVOID BY ALL MEANS.. this typically costs $20,000 for absolutely nothing!!!)
B -Complete an accredited course (ALSO AVOID! this will also cost a lot of $$ and completely unnecessary!!!)
C- Take the PTCB exam and become certified (The test is easy and costs $130). PLUS most places (i.e. Rite AID, CVS, Target.. and more) will pay you more if you are certified with PTCB!

For specifically pharm tech.. you do not need any bio, chem, anatomy classes. All you need is a HS diploma (or equivalent).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Trying to help in San Jose, California

22 months ago

Lady Kisu in Bell, California said: Okay please HELP D:
1. community college for Pharm Tech. >> So it isn't really require? cause i'm trying to get these classes for Pharm Tech. Bio/Math/English/ Health /introduction to Anatomy and physiology those are required class. Is it unnecessary? and it goes by semester.

.. In addition to the comment above...

Some retail pharmacy's (i.e. Rite Aid or grocery stores) offer a position called "Pharmacy Clerk" you will most likely get minimum wage or about $9/hr for this position and certification or license is NOT required.

To obtain a Pharmacy Tech Job.. at minimum you must be certified (can only be done thru PTCB exam, go to www.ptcb.org) if you are only certified with PTCB SOME jobs may hire you.. and again you will more likely be getting low wages.. ($9-$10/hr). However, most places will need you to get licensed (i.e. Target, CVS..) and your pay will range from $14-$17 per hour.

Again, to get licensed.. i highly recommend that you take PTCB exam.. your certificate makes you a CPhT, then you submit certificate along with State Board application.. and you will get licensed.

Hope this helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Amanda in Minden, Nevada

22 months ago

cindy in Delano, California said: Has anyone heard of career step? Is it worth going to for pharmacy tech?

Career Step is a good school for pharmacy technician training. They designed their pharm tech course to prepare grads for the PTCB exam. There are some states that require pharmacy techs to train at certain schools and Career Step is approved in most of those states. They have a list of all the state requirements as well as if they are approved in that state (if required) at www.careerstep.com/pharmacy-technician-program-faqs/?uid=ref10077 Its in a PDF so you have to go to FAQ #4 and the PDF is listed there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nikkengkay in Anaheim, California

21 months ago

there's pharmacy tech class in nocrop (north orange county rop) its free if qualiied for a waiver and its a 2 sem program. im planning to take the assesment test which is algebra next month. hope i get in. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Gilbert Chan in Garden Grove, California

20 months ago

hope that info helps..

good luck to all

What school are you talking about that's free In OC ? I live in garden grove and I'm interested in the medical field. - current Golden West College Student

tarhoshia@yahoo.com in Plant City, Florida

19 months ago

robert safner in somers, Connecticut said: i was lucky becasue after i got laid off after 23 years of service i was able to go back to school under wia, worker ivestment act. so my 14 week course was free. i didn't pay for my 3 books either. we had a great teacher with 15 people in my class. i loved my class. and i passed the borad test as well as a nha exam. i am not having any luck finding my first job. i am working with the state of ct to find a job.

try cvs can help you they also pay for your training look into that .

Serena in Gilmer, Texas

19 months ago

I dont know what are they talking about the $70 fee ? i just go and asked the cvs people that work there and they said they can training for 2 years and after you pass the test and get your certificate. You can go ahead to applies for the job .is that true ? am so frustrated ..please help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Vkinnaird in Fayetteville, North Carolina

18 months ago

aprillynd in Cranford, New Jersey said: No. I think it is a waste of time. Plus, you do not make enough money to live on the salary. Try medical billing and coding at CareerStep online school. I was quoted 2,800.00 and they use great things to help you remember and memorize everything. Believe me, I went to school for teaching, so I learned the many ways and tools that can be used to help people learn.

I did this course too. But I couldn't finish due to my husband being army and us moving. I know it's online. And it was too much. Now I'm looking into another real career I wanna do. I just don't know what haha

knightofavalon7 in Dayton, Ohio

17 months ago

I am thinking about becoming a pharmacy tech but I'm wondering about the education. I went to an information session down in Cincinnati last week. This place called Scarlet Oaks has a 10 week program that is $700. Then you still have to pay to take the certification exam. I found a free website that seems to have just about all the information you need to pass the exam. I'm wondering if I could just study from that website, take the exam and be able to get a job. Any thoughts? Here is the website I am talking about... pharmacy-tech-study.com/
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

ak165 in New York, New York

17 months ago

hi everyone,
you DO NOT need to attend a course to become a pharmacy technician. In fact, in new york the programs cannot be accreddited because you do not need them. Here is a helpful link:
www.nhanow.com/pharmacy-technician.aspx
the study packages/test will probably run for under $500

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.