DO NOT ENROLL IN ANY PHARMACY TECH SCHOOLS!! WASTE OF TIME!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 174)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Tara in Richmond, Virginia

41 months ago

RxTechExam.com is an excellent way to prepare for the PTCB Exam. The course is available online, and you can work through it at your own pace! Currently they're giving away a free chapter on Community Pharmacy...

www.rxtechexam.com/pages/Free-Chapter.html

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

cathytangonanrph in San Diego, California

40 months ago

keione30 in Tracy, California said: Or anyone of you who's willing to help me with my queries, I'd be very grateful to hear from you guys :) Thank You and God Bless :)

I'm a licensed pharmacist in the Philippines and right now i'm just reviewing for the PTCE, i did register online and i have 3 months to schedule mine. Once i'm confident enough, i'll do the exam so i can be a licensed pharmacy tech here for now until i enroll in a pharmacy school to take Pharm D. i think that is pretty much what we can do even if we're licensed pharmacists from a different country not unless you took 5 yr pharmacy course which makes you eligible for FPG exam to be a pharmacist here

Reply - Report abuse

Amanda in Gardnerville, Nevada

39 months ago

I think the most important thing everyone needs to know here is that each state has a board of pharmacy that regulates what training/education pharmacy technicians have to have to work in that state. So yes, it could be a waste of time to enroll in a pharmacy technician course just to find out that you are required to go through an approved school or no schooling was required in your state. Go to your state's board of pharmacy to look up what requirements you need to follow BEFORE you look at schools. pharmtechtraining.net/state-requirements.html also has a good list of requirements by state and links to each state's board of pharmacy.

Reply - Report abuse

Paulette15 in Los Angeles, California

39 months ago

Tim in Tahlequah, Oklahoma said: A BS to fulfill Pharm Tech duties?...You must be joking...A Bachelors isn't needed EVEN in the hospital environment, let alone in retail...I can see someone who has a BS in Biology , or Chemistry , and for whatever reason didn't make it into medical school working as a pharm tech while trying to decide if pharmacy school (and a Pharm.D.) is worth it, but SERIOUSLY????

Do not enroll in Pharmacy Tech Classes it's not worth it. You'll have better opportunities if you take the require classes to become a Pharmacist or a Radiologist or Register Nurse.

Reply - Report abuse

Paulette15 in Los Angeles, California

39 months ago

Kyle in Lebanon, Oregon said: I am finding it hard to get a PhT job without some kind of formal training. Hospitals will not hardly talk to me after finding out that I have not yet received a formal education in PhT. Some hospitals actually require a Bachelor of Science just to be a Pharmacy tech.

Do not enroll in Pharmacy Tech Classes it's not worth it. You'll have better opportunities if you take the require classes to become a Pharmacist or a Radiologist or Register Nurse

Reply - Report abuse

Amanda in Gardnerville, Nevada

39 months ago

Paulette15 in Los Angeles, California said: Do not enroll in Pharmacy Tech Classes it's not worth it. You'll have better opportunities if you take the require classes to become a Pharmacist or a Radiologist or Register Nurse

Some states require that you enroll in a class. Not everyone is able/wants to take the 6+ years of schooling to become a pharmacist and the US Department of Labor estimates 20% more jobs through 2022- which is faster than the average. So there should be plenty of jobs out there. What's not worth it? Are there no jobs in your area? Do you not like the pay? Average salary is $30k which you won't make starting out but that's pretty decent in my area. Not all states require classes/training but many do require PTCB certification and a class can help with preparing for that exam.

Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Midlothian, Virginia

39 months ago

If you're looking for an inexpensive online course where you can work at your own pace, check out RxTechExam.com They even guarantee that you'll pass or they'll give you your money back! I took the course and passed the exam in only a couple months!

Reply - Report abuse

RXgirl in Menifee, California

39 months ago

Paulette15 in Los Angeles, California said: Do not enroll in Pharmacy Tech Classes it's not worth it. You'll have better opportunities if you take the require classes to become a Pharmacist or a Radiologist or Register Nurse.

I think you do not understand the seriousness of the pharmacy tech job. There is so much involved. If you want the pharmacy environment and not the training to make educated decisions to help the pharmacist, maybe you should just look at being a pharmacy clerk and handle the cash register. Pharmacy techs must know the drugs - brand/generic, their forms, when to make sure to use PF, when to calculate for overfill, how to calculate how many IV bags needed based on the IV drip of the doctor's order, how to fill and organize the Pyxis machines, how to order, know how to order, etc. It is not easy, you must be professional, and you must be willing to be educated to do this. Most of all, you must know how to work as a team and be able to work on your own. Honestly, I do not think you are pharmacy material simply by your attitude. One of the most important aspects of pharmacy is customer service and being able to do a thousand things at the same time. Best of luck while you search for your next career option as you are not pharmacy material.

Reply - Report abuse

iwantthejobnow in Gainesville, Virginia

37 months ago

Tara in Richmond, Virginia said: RxTechExam.com is an excellent way to prepare for the PTCB Exam. The course is available online, and you can work through it at your own pace! Currently they're giving away a free chapter on Community Pharmacy...

www.rxtechexam.com/pages/Free-Chapter.html

Hi Tara...did you get the job immediately after finishing the course. How about the internship? Sound good and you make a very helpfull tips...

Reply - Report abuse

Debbie in Clearwater, Florida

36 months ago

kalila in Stanton, California said: im currently enrolled in a pharmacy tech program that is completely free here in orange county, ca. i am 2 classes away from being done.

i know what you mean by the schools being a scam...you can definitely get trained as a pharmacy tech at one of these community pharmacies..the only thing is for me personally my long term goal is to work in a hospital pharmacy as they get paid wayyyy more than a tech at cvs or walgreens. or even working at a long term care pharmacy mixing iv's etc.

no hospital is going to hire someone with no experience or education credentials.

theres a big difference between cvs/walgreens and working for an actual hospital pharmacy.

hope that info helps..

good luck to all

I heard about the free schooling in OC, I used to attend Cypress and fullerton colleges its near there. I heard sign up is Nov 18, wish i was out there, i am in florida.

Reply - Report abuse

Dlphil24 in Chino Hills, California

35 months ago

kalila in Stanton, California said: im currently enrolled in a pharmacy tech program that is completely free here in orange county, ca. i am 2 classes away from being done.

i know what you mean by the schools being a scam...you can definitely get trained as a pharmacy tech at one of these community pharmacies..the only thing is for me personally my long term goal is to work in a hospital pharmacy as they get paid wayyyy more than a tech at cvs or walgreens. or even working at a long term care pharmacy mixing iv's etc.

no hospital is going to hire someone with no experience or education credentials.

theres a big difference between cvs/walgreens and working for an actual hospital pharmacy.

hope that info helps..

good luck to all

Hi Kalila, I'm intrigued to know what school or institution you're going through to do your PharmTech Program. As both a recent college graduate and Army retiree, I am in my 40s trying to get a start in a new career and with no experience and limited funds, finding a place that can provide free Pharmacy Tech training would be a great bonus to help me get prepared for the necessary certs. And for anyone else that may have an answer to this question, I ask, what are the best reading materials to use to prepare for PharmTech certification? Thanks in advance.

Reply - Report abuse

kelreneyar1974 in Tampa, Florida

35 months ago

In the state of Florida you must take a course accredited by the pharmacy board.

Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Long Beach, California

34 months ago

pharmtech_instructor04@yahoo.com in Buna, Texas said: Hey, do u want to pass the PTCB? I have the complete PTCB handouts and you're gonna pass the PTCE w/o going to school.. just study the handouts that I am selling! let me know if u are interested, u can email me: pharmtech_instructor04@yahoo.com
I will teach you the calculations for pharm tech curriculum for free once u purchase my PTCE handouts reviewer guide!

Hi,
I was currently layed off and looking for a new profession. I am interested in the PT course, but my college course does not start until March. I would like to purchase the book to begin my preparation and get a better understanding of the calculations and formulas. My college offers a 50hr course and then take the exam. All other Trade Schools wated $12,000. Whats that all about? Is there a difference? I already have my bachelors, so I am hoping that will give me some weight in finding a job. If you have a study guide, I would be very interested in purchasing it to get a head start in my studies. Thanks
my email is nicolesigur@hotmail.com

Reply - Report abuse

whatsayou in Ballwin, Missouri

34 months ago

sorry- if this is all too,(not to), harsh of a reality...

Reply - Report abuse

Heether in New York, New York

33 months ago

recode in San Francisco, California said: In case you want to be certified by the PTCB, they are making changes soon so that you have to go through a program in order to take their test.

This. It's become mandatory where I live (Florida) (since 2011 I think?) to take an accredited course before you can even register for the exam. When you make an account and try to sign on during your own time, it will ask you to put where you went to school too... so you can't really get around their system. Most schools here sign their students up for the test for them, so you know they're jotting some memo in the students' files or putting in a confirmation code or something to get the show going.

Some states may let you take the exam without enrolling in a course, but Florida definitely doesn't! You gotta take the class and get like an 80% or better to pass, then take the test, then register with the state (which is like another $50 I think?).... so there's no easy way to get certified quick or cheap. The school I went to included the PTCB (now PTCE) in the tuition, but I gotta take it again and then pay the registration fee, assuming I pass this time, and that's going to be out of pocket. :-/

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

christine in Westminster, California

33 months ago

hope that info helps..

good luck to all

Can you tell me which school name?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Fullerton, California

30 months ago

I'm working as a clerk now and my hours are not that flexible. Want to be a pharmacy tech , work in a hospital. Is taking an online course good enough to become one. It's gonna cost about $2000 and that's all my savings. I am willing to invest it on an online course if it is worth it. Please help. My understanding is that if I pass the board exam, then I could apply for license and be a certified pharmacy tech. Anyone went through this experience please help advise. Thank you!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Fullerton, California

30 months ago

Jeff in Fullerton, California said: I'm working as a clerk now and my hours are not that flexible. Want to be a pharmacy tech , work in a hospital. Is taking an online course good enough to become one. It's gonna cost about $2000 and that's all my savings. I am willing to invest it on an online course if it is worth it. Please help. My understanding is that if I pass the board exam, then I could apply for license and be a certified pharmacy tech. Anyone went through this experience please help advise. Thank you!

Please email me with any good information.

My email is bestfriend1972@hotmail.com

Thank you so much!

Reply - Report abuse

petiepie in Oakland, California

30 months ago

Dlphil24 in Chino Hills, California said: Hi Kalila, I'm intrigued to know what school or institution you're going through to do your PharmTech Program. As both a recent college graduate and Army retiree, I am in my 40s trying to get a start in a new career and with no experience and limited funds, finding a place that can provide free Pharmacy Tech training would be a great bonus to help me get prepared for the necessary certs. And for anyone else that may have an answer to this question, I ask, what are the best reading materials to use to prepare for PharmTech certification? Thanks in advance.

You go girl!

Reply - Report abuse

running1987 in Waterbury, Connecticut

28 months ago

Ha yeah local CC found this trend to be a norm because most places wabt certified techs with experience. So the CC starting in the fall is offering another class for Techs that do field work with retail and hospital pharmacies.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Cinderfire in Denver, Colorado

26 months ago

hope that info helps..

good luck to all

WHAT IS A COMMUNITY PHARMACY? My father, who Passes was a pharmacist. Was looking for online pharmacy tech colleges and I saw this answer. I too would love to work on site at a hospital

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Pamela in Denver, Colorado

26 months ago

Rudy G in Menifee, California said: Free? What program are you referring to? I would greatly appreciate some more info

I wrote a reply but do t see it. I asked what a community pharmacy. I really want a legit online course to take. I know I can't be a pharmacist but since my dad was one, he's passed, I want to do something in the field without being a peon..I just out of a divorce and the judge gave me 6 months to train in anything really. Suppor thas been inconsistent and it had a pother toe operation. I have 3 kids. Was looking desperately for at home work. I just really need help. Been a stay at home mom for 16 years. Employers are passing me over left and right. I. Sharing the I for because this is how I got to this point. Was going to be an lpn but due to my toe surged and my dog disc as well as bulged disc and right wrist cyst, I can do a nurse job. I'm limited greatly but I want a career with people interaction! Hope you can help me.

Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Amanda in Gardnerville, Nevada said: I think the most important thing everyone needs to know here is that each state has a board of pharmacy that regulates what training/ education pharmacy technicians have to have to work in that state. So yes, it could be a waste of time to enroll in a pharmacy technician course just to find out that you are required to go through an approved school or no schooling was required in your state. Go to your state's board of pharmacy to look up what requirements you need to follow BEFORE you look at schools. pharmtechtraining.net/state-requirements.html also has a good list of requirements by state and links to each state's board of pharmacy.

Prepare for the PTCB exam
Walgreens and CVS Externships Available!
Train in as little as 3 months

That's what that link showed in colorado. Also said .......No licensure regulations.

Although PTCB certification is not required by the state of Colorado, there are many benefits of becoming certified such as higher salary and greater marketability.
We make every effort to keep this information updated however for the most up-to-date information, check with your state board of pharmacy.

I'm confused

Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Prepare for the PTCB exam
Walgreens and CVS Externships Available!
Train in as little as 3 months

That's what that link showed in colorado. Also said .......No licensure regulations.

Although PTCB certification is not required by the state of Colorado, there are many benefits of becoming certified such as higher salary and greater marketability.
We make every effort to keep this information updated however for the most up-to-date information, check with your state board of pharmacy.

I'm confused

Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Rudy G in Menifee, California said: Free? What program are you referring to? I would greatly appreciate some more info

What is a community pharmacy

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

bbee in Long Beach, California

26 months ago

Can you give me the school information, i would to attend here too.

Reply - Report abuse

bbee in Long Beach, California

26 months ago

I would like to attend this school, too. What is the school name and location, if you don't mine giving it, thanks Kalila.

hope that info helps..

good luck to all

Reply - Report abuse

Chris L. in Davison, Michigan

25 months ago

I am thinking of attending Penn Foster for $625 in their Pharm Tech program? Should I or attend a community college program? All help would be appreciated and FREE would be better

Reply - Report abuse

Chris L. in Davison, Michigan

25 months ago

Anna in Hampton, Virginia said: Anyone heard about Penn Foster? You can enroll on their 9 month program for 300$. Is it worth it? Any good reviews about it?

I am in the same boat, it's $625.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Debbie in Johnson City, Tennessee

25 months ago

Prof. S in Miami, Florida said: Their program is cheap but is not approved by most states so dont waste your time unless you do not know anything about pharmacy and need all the help you can get. I do offer classes via Skype if you are interested. Prof.S

I am interested in a cheap pharm tech program. I have a M.A. in Admin with a health science option. I'm older in my 50's and need a new career.

Debbie, my email is Jerseyshore2010@yahoo.com, any advice?

Reply - Report abuse

selenahero in North Las Vegas, Nevada

24 months ago

Anna in Hampton, Virginia said: Anyone heard about Penn Foster? You can enroll on their 9 month program for 300$. Is it worth it? Any good reviews about it?

yes its worth it I did it and Im working at walgreen it pays $16

Reply - Report abuse

selenahero in North Las Vegas, Nevada

24 months ago

Chris L. in Davison, Michigan said: I am thinking of attending Penn Foster for $625 in their Pharm Tech program? Should I or attend a community college program? All help would be appreciated and FREE would be better

I did mine through penn foster and I work at wallgreen now as a tech.
If you go into the store ask to be a pharmacy tech in training and then when you finish your degree go take your license and then you will become a pharmacy tech

Reply - Report abuse

Dana in Winchester, Tennessee

24 months ago

How long did the training take you? Did you get hired at Walgreens first, or complete the training then look for a position?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Dana in Winchester, Tennessee

24 months ago

selenahero in North Las Vegas, Nevada said: I did mine through penn foster and I work at wallgreen now as a tech.
If you go into the store ask to be a pharmacy tech in training and then when you finish your degree go take your license and then you will become a pharmacy tech

How long did the training take you? Did you get hired at Walgreens first, or complete the training then look for a position?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

tshewmaker in San Antonio, Texas

24 months ago

Cinderfire in Denver, Colorado said: WHAT IS A COMMUNITY PHARMACY? My father, who Passes was a pharmacist. Was looking for online pharmacy tech colleges and I saw this answer. I too would love to work on site at a hospital

CVS and Walgreens are examples of community pharmacies. Any pharmacy that is not located in a facility (long term care, hospital, etc) and stands alone, is a community pharmacy, even the family owned or smallest hole in the wall pharmacies.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

tshewmaker in San Antonio, Texas said: CVS and Walgreens are examples of community pharmacies. Any pharmacy that is not located in a facility (long term care, hospital, etc) and stands alone, is a community pharmacy, even the family owned or smallest hole in the wall pharmacies.

Ok, first I want to apologize for all of my typos! So embarrassing. Second, thank you for answering. Third, I can't believe I didn't know this

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

tshewmaker in San Antonio, Texas

24 months ago

We Pharm Techs stick together! :) Best of luck to you!

Reply - Report abuse

CA :) in Portland, Oregon

23 months ago

Could you please share which program you have been enrolled in orange county for free – thank you very much for your time and help

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

marycohenregisteredpharmacist in Manhattan, New York

23 months ago

It's unfortunate people spend so much money and don't realize there are more affordable solutions. Both of my kids used the PharmacyTechnicianToday site and I believe it was less than $500 because they were having a sale! Their site is pharmacytechniciantoday.com I was thankful because I was about to enroll them in a community college class too but it just isn't worth the money, the people at pharmacy technician today actually have free 1 on 1 tutoring which itself is a phenomenal deal and they were very friendly and even have 3 practice exams so I recommend them highly.

Reply - Report abuse

Sarah in Riverside, California

23 months ago

hope that info helps..

good luck to all

I came across this post and wanted to ask you a few questions. You stated the program was free, which school dos you go through? And how has it all worked out for you? It's been quite a long time so I am wondering if you are working in a hospital now or if you were hired right away. Thank you for responding!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

nikki in Anaheim, California

22 months ago

theres a pharmacy tech class at NOCCCD for free they also do externships.apps.sce.cc.ca.us/careertech/cert_pharmacy_technician.php

Reply - Report abuse

CA :) in Portland, Oregon

22 months ago

Thank you :))

Reply - Report abuse

cherokerose07@*****.*** in Jonesboro, Georgia

21 months ago

robertsafner in somers, Connecticut said: i was lucky becasue after i got laid off after 23 years of service i was able to go back to school under wia, worker ivestment act. so my 14 week course was free. i didn't pay for my 3 books either. we had a great teacher with 15 people in my class. i loved my class. and i passed the borad test as well as a nha exam. i am not having any luck finding my first job. i am working with the state of ct to find a job.

Hi Robert, My name Is Jean, and I live in Stockbridge, GA and I am interested in becoming a Pharmacy Tech in my area, but I cannot afford the costs. After reading your comment, I am interested to find out where can I go to find the free classes for this skill. If you have any information as to where I should check for free classes, I would certainly appreciate it.
Thanks.

Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany in Temecula, California

21 months ago

Jeanelle in Eagle, Colorado said: So many people here have NO clue what they are talking about. Do your research! The PTCB is a NATIONAL certification, and requires NO classes(it costs $129 to take it). My husband and I bought a study guide off of amazon and then went to ptcb.org to schedule our tests. We both passed and are certified technicians now. MOST states require additional testing, but not all, such as Colorado, where my husband has been working for a year before he got his certification. He started in a retail pharmacy at $10/ hr , and when he received his certification, he got a $2/hr raise. The PTCB is good in ALL 50 states, although you do have to renew it every year.

Also, hospital pharmacies WILL hire you without official schooling. As long as you have a High School Diploma, the PTCH certification, and any state required testing, youre good!

What Study guide did you use?

Reply - Report abuse

eberechi4sure@*****.*** in Dallas, Texas

21 months ago

Pls,what study guide did you use?Thanks and God bless you.

Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth in Bloomfield, Missouri

20 months ago

Tiffany---what study guide did you use?

Reply - Report abuse

Danielle in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

20 months ago

Tiffany in Temecula, California said: What Study guide did you use?

What study guide/book did you and your husband use?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Jj in Long Beach, California

20 months ago

hope that info helps..

good luck to all

What school exactly were you enrolled in? I just moved to Irvine in Orange County and is looking to enroll in a PhT program.

Reply - Report abuse

Dan in Peoria, Illinois

20 months ago

I am enrolled in a pharmacy Tech program. Seems like the folks on here saying to just buy a book & flashcards come from states where Pharmacy Techs are not regulated. Before doing this, PLEASE check the requirements for the state you live in. Most states who regulate the profession require training & externships at a pharmacy for a certain amount of hours. I am in Illinois. When I apply for licensing I have to turn in proof of attending a program along with an externship & passing the PTCB.

Reply - Report abuse

Dan in Peoria, Illinois

20 months ago

Pharmacy Tech. Program in Greeley, Colorado said: Pass your CPhT or ExCPT at First Attempt.
If you are going to take PTCE, PTCP or any NCCA exam for Pharmacy Technician Certification and you think a little help would go along way in ensuring your success, call me.
In fact, you do not need to pay thousands of dollars to acquire the knowledge needed for any of these exams. You can study on your own and still pass. Studying on your own will, again, save you thousands of dollars. From my experience, you need just few dollars, time and determination to become a pharmacy technician. Call me now for more information.

By calling me, you will save time and money because you will pass this exam at your first attempt. Also, you really do not need to go to school for this program. You can do it on your own.

Call me: three, zero, three, eight, four, seven, three, three, zero, zero.

That doesn't work in states that regulate Pharmacy Techs, as you have to show proof of training/schooling when applying to be a licensed Pharmacy Tech.

Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.