Employment outlook for (Nationally Certified) Pharmacy Technicians in Oregon

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Overwhelmed2011 in Oregon City, Oregon

33 months ago

Hello,

Could someone please tell me if this is a field with a reasonable amount of job/employment prospects/opportunities currently? Also, what about in the future? Do you believe that this will be in-demand as projected?

Thank you so much for your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

geterdone! in Eagle Point, Oregon

33 months ago

There is always a need in any positition of the medical field. The question is What are you going to do to make it happen? You are what you make it. Mind can perceive it and your heart really believe it your half way there and alls you got to do is do it, and if you give it all you got there's really nothin to it!

Job opportunities are expected to be good, especially for those with certification or previous work experience.
Many technicians and aides work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
About 75 percent of jobs were in a retail setting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Carla j in Franklinville, New Jersey

33 months ago

Overwhelmed2011 in Oregon City, Oregon said: Hello,

Could someone please tell me if this is a field with a reasonable amount of job/employment prospects/opportunities currently? Also, what about in the future? Do you believe that this will be in-demand as projected?

Thank you so much for your time.

Do u want to work in hospital pharmacy, must be good in math.
Also there are drug stores like CVS, Rite, Aid or local pharmacy chains plus Target n Walmart type places that seek technicians

Yes there r medical jobs but do not count on a school for your vision .
They all sell programs so ensure the salary is worth it before u take out loans

Also u have outcall mail order script places like Xpress scripts

Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

RJ in York, Pennsylvania

23 months ago

I just started working in the INFUSION admixture field. I hear that it’s the place to be as a Pharmacy Tech., for growth. I was happy to land this job just after certifying, so I will soak up the experience and look for the most beneficial path down the road. I may want to take on a management role OR some sort autonomous sale position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.