Finding a job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Ari in Richmond, California

6 months ago

I passed the PTCE about a month ago and I'm about to turn in my application to get my license. During the mean time, I've been trying to find a job close to home, but no one seems to be needing a pharmacy technician :/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ari in Richmond, California

6 months ago

Also, not to mention about $300 worth was spent on this. I feel sorry for the people that actually took the time to go through the vocational school for an occupation that's in such a low demand.

Paladin in South Carolina

6 months ago

It is frustrating looking for pharmacy technician job opportunities. Do not give up. Pharmacies who are busy and need pharmacy technicians will hire them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

nugels in Sacramento, California

6 months ago

I've been licensed & certified for 2 years since graduating, been trying to find a job as a pharm tech but from all the interviews they need you to have 1 year experience.

6 months ago

nugels in Sacramento, California said: I've been licensed & certified for 2 years since graduating, been trying to find a job as a pharm tech but from all the interviews they need you to have 1 year experience.

I think that one year experience means working in a pharmacy for one year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Seriousaboutthis in Markham, Illinois

6 months ago

I will admit that finding a pharmacy technician position is hard to land in my area but worked for me is basically contact all of the small hospitals, LTC facilities, clinics, mail order pharmacies, etc. I managed to land a part time position near my home and hopefully with networking, I will get this full-time position which is somewhat out of my way but it will be full-time position with modest benefits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

Seriousaboutthis in Markham, Illinois said: I will admit that finding a pharmacy technician position is hard to land in my area but worked for me is basically contact all of the small hospitals, LTC facilities , clinics, mail order pharmacies, etc. I managed to land a part time position near my home and hopefully with networking, I will get this full-time position which is somewhat out of my way but it will be full-time position with modest benefits.

The past week I had a pharmacy chain contact me in regards to employment. I called back specifically to the pharmacy. It has has two registered pharmacy technicians. It cannot take on additional pharmacy technicians. If it did, the third pharmacy technician must be state certified.

A few days later, I called the store sector which was hiring for non-pharmacy positions. This is a tactic for stores to hire pharmacy technicians for non-pharmacy positions. It is a red flag. Boards of pharmacy do look into this for staffing violations. All pharmacies are responsible for reporting all pharmacists and pharmacy technician working at the pharmacy location, both in and outside pharmacy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

chrisk in Steger, Illinois

5 months ago

Seriousaboutthis in Markham, Illinois said: I will admit that finding a pharmacy technician position is hard to land in my area but worked for me is basically contact all of the small hospitals, LTC facilities , clinics, mail order pharmacies, etc. I managed to land a part time position near my home and hopefully with networking, I will get this full-time position which is somewhat out of my way but it will be full-time position with modest benefits.

Meijer in Orland is hiring. Also if you have free tine go downtown to the Thompson Center (State of Ill bldg.) 3rd Floor and take the test for Pharmacy Tech to get on the hiring list. Some state facilities/corectional centers use the title.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.